• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 4,288 Views, 161 Comments

The After Years - thewaffler



See where Spike, Scootaloo and their friends go five and ten years later.

  • ...
11
 161
 4,288

After the Prom: Applebloom and Truffles

Canterlot Castle Infirmary shortly after the senior prom.

Truffles slowly woke up from his white linen prison of tangled bed sheets and was instantly assaulted by the bright fluorescent bulbs of the room. After closing his eyes and trying take-two, he found that he was in a very nice hospital bed and in a chair next to him was the welcoming sight of the mare he loved: Applebloom.

"Wha...what happened?"

"Y'all passed out as soon as I mentioned our foal."

The hamster that represented the culinary colt's thought process began to slowly move as two thoughts formed in his mind. 'I love Applebloom and her brother is gonna kill me.'

She noticed that her boyfriend seemed deep in thought which caused the yellow pony to feel a little anxious. "Truffles?"

"My lovely apple blossom, you know I love you, but..." Truffle spoke his words with love and sincerity behind them, yet that 'but' caused the mare feel uneasy as if that would follow would be the worst thing imaginable. "... Your brother is gonna skin me alive."

Applebloom let out a small sigh of relief. 'At least, he still loves me.' Taking a deep breath, she chose her next words carefully in hopes that they would alleviate some of her stallion's fears. "Mac ain't the type to lose his top all willy nelly like, I'm sure he'll handle all this like an adult."

"O-okay."


Meanwhile in Ponyville

Big Macintosh was snorting plumes of smoke as he was angrily sharpened a 13 inch (32.5 cm) bowie knife. The thing is while taking out the trash shortly after the gang of teenagers left for their prom, the bag broke and its contents ended up spilling out all over the porch and one item that caught his eye was a over the counter pregnancy test. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on and at that moment you could've sworn the red stallion's coat turned three shades darker.

Just like Donut Joe had done in the library with Twilight, Zecora began her plan to calm her special somepony down. Only instead of rubbing, she would tranq her stallion and run him into the ground.

"Rest Well, my Big Mac for this powder will cause you to not attack."

"Eeh?" The red earth pony only caught part of what his mare said as she blew a grainy substance into his face.

*THUD* *CLANG*

Both the stallion and knife hit the floor at the same time. Zecora then picked up the weapon and placed it the abyss aka behind the living room sofa as Macintosh lay on the kitchen floor snoring gently as his mind went to a land of dolls, tea parties and apples.


Switching back to the Canterot infirmary

"Yer gonna be fine, ain't like he's gonna kill ya if I'm there hon."

Needless to say, despite all Applebloom's words, the slate grey young stallion still had his doubts. He did the only logical step he could think of and no it didn't involve talking about his problems and fears like a reasonable adult or skipping town and changing his name to Alfonzo. No, instead he hit the nurse call button.

"Hey, can you get me a royal guard?" The nurse looked absolutely bewildered by her patient's requests. "I just need to ask one tiny question."

After a few minutes and a trip to the royal guard rec. room the nurse reappeared with a member of the night guard.

"You needed something, squirt."

"Yeah, you wouldn't happen to know if there's a sporting good or an army surplus store anywhere in Canterlot would you?"

"Yeah, there's one. It's Kablooie's Combat Zone."

One trip and a thousand bits credited to Truffle's credit card later, the paranoid young stallion was convered from head to hooves in Kevlar.

Applebloom was didn't much care for her boyfriend's behavior and being an Apple expressed these opinions rather bluntly. "Why you actin' all cray-cray?"

"You know I love you and our foal, but I would very much like to be in one piece for when he or she is born. Please indulge me my dear."

The two immediately left Canterlot via the most common method as the carriage highway was still under construction.


Fifteen hours later they were back in Ponyville.

The pair eventually made their way to Sweet Apple Acres and Truffles prepared himself for the worst as Applebloom fished her keys from her purse and as soon as she opened the door the massive form of Macintosh Apple appeared before them.

"Yer marryin' her." Mac pulled out a sawed off shotgun from under his chair and pointed it point blank at the grey colt's head. This promptly caused him to piss himself and faint once again in fear.

As familiar as the smell of fresh cut grass, the sight of blue skies and the taste of warm baked pies, Truffles found himself waking up in a hospital bed surrounded by several faces he knew all to well.

"I just had the craziest dream..." He turned to face his girlfriend. "...and you were there." He smiled warmly, but looking at his other guests. "So were you Spike and Scootaloo and you too Sweetie and Feather. I dreamt we all went to prom and Applebloom said she was expecting and..." Just as he was about to finish that line, a tall red stallion appeared from the shadows of the corner of the room. "BIG MACINTOSH! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!"

"Ah'm not gonna kill ya, they wouldn't let me bring mah gun into the hospital anyway." Big Mac let out a sinister sounding chuckle. "Ah had a bit of time to cool down...Ah'm calm..." He took a deep breath. "Me and yer pa had a nice chat 'while ya were sleepin' --"

Mac was interrupted by Scootaloo. "More like they got into a massive street fight in front of your house and your dad kicked his flank. It was sooo awesome!"

"As Ah was sayin' we talked and the two of us went ahead and made the necessary arrangements."

As if on cue Horte Cuisine trotted into the already stuffed room with a huge smile plastered on his face. "My little Truffle's is going give to me my first grandchild, this is a wondrous thing."

Inside his mind things were moving way too fast and just before he was about to lose it, his eyes fell upon Applebloom who mouthed out 'I love you' and at the moment all his worries practically disappeared as he thought about his mare and the life they would bring into the world.