• Published 26th Aug 2012
  • 1,308 Views, 63 Comments

Backwards: Insanity is not Sane - chewyrainbow



second book to Backwards: A not so Element of Kindness

  • ...
14
 63
 1,308

Engraving Memory

Princess Celestia looked down at the yellow mare. She sighed.

The police had arrived momentarily afterwards, they had her motionless body on a stretcher. Her right eye was an empty fleshy pink cavity in the front of her face, a bloody pencil on the floor was marked with a yellow pin representing as evidence for a murder weapon. Blood was splattered across the walls and floor.

"Princess," the stallion stepped forward and kneeled, "The blue pegasus mare has been secured into a hospital, she is still unconscious."

She nodded her head, "Good, has anything else been reported?"

He stood to a standing position, "Yes, something has been...carved into the victim...we believe that it was the pencil, but not entirely sure."

"Yes...of course, what was written?"

"See for yourself," he turned and trotted off towards the ambulance.

The alicorn followed, and stopped when the stallion pulled back the plastic sheet from the yellow pegasus pony.

On her back, three words were engraved into the flesh. Blood was dried into thin lines, the letters were sloppy, but recognizable.

"She has slept..." The Princess read aloud.

-------------------------------------------

Dash opened her eyes wider, and turned her head only to wince in pain. The door was closed, she was alone. The steady beeping of the heart monitor. She was dizzy, and her vision was blurred, and her limbs were stiff.

Her eyelids half covered her eyes, but she glanced around the room.

There was a click followed by a creaking noise. The gray door slowly opened till a white pony head peeked through.

There was a light gasp and she heard a beep, the pony began to speak into what appeared to be a transmitter.

"This is nurse RedHeart, she has woken up, I repeat she has woken up, send someone down here, quick!"

The door slammed shut and was locked.

Rainbow dash began to panic, this seemed all to familiar, she didn't know why, but this sent her into fear.

There was the thundering noise of multiple hooves against tile echoing through the hall, the door shot open. It made her jump.

"Stay still, don't move!" A unicorn yelled at Dash.

Obeying, she laid her head back down.

The unicorn slowly stepped forwards, "Are you listening to me?"

Rainbow muttered, "Yeah..what's going on?"

The stallion laughed, "What's going on? In a day or two, your going to be put on trial for murder, THAT'S what's going on!"

His loud and mocking voice made her ears ring. Her eyes already tearing up, "B-but, why?" She couldn't remember anything, just the pain, her name, and an awful lot of sticky red blood.

The ponies who had come in began to laugh.

"What, are you daft? You murder two ponies, Dizty Doo and Fluttershy, yet your asking why?"

"B-but, why don't I remember?" Her mind was swirling with tiny bits of things that didn't seem to connect, nothing was right, nothing went together, it was all just jumbled.

"You'll remember soon enough, though I can see you to wish you don't remember, all this that you have done is sure to correspond with the other missing ponies in Ponyville, for example: Miss Rarity, Pinkamena Diane Pie, and Applejack, owner of Sweet Apple Acres."

"I know who they are! But I Didn't kill them, I swear!"

"Hmph, tell it to the Princess, you had better get cleaned up, like I said, in about a day or two you'll be put on trial, it's bad enough the way you are now, but the least you can do is look presentable for the Princess, not a lot that's gonna do..."

The usual fire inside shot back a comment in return, "Oh yeah? I don't look presentable? Well you should go look in a mirror, and all of you, what are you doing telling me what to do?" She sat up, though the pain struck her immensely. She knew that arguing was something inside of her, it always had been.

The stallion unicorn sneered and stepped forward, "Get movin' ya useless lump of feathers."

"Why should I on your command? I'll do what I want, horn head!" She stuck her nose up in the air and crossed her hooves.

Growling, he nodded to a few of the other ponies, who swiftly shot forward and grabbed her by the wings and legs.

The pain was unbearable, but she wouldn't scream.

He stepped forward, nose to nose, he looked her in the eyes. "Because I said so!" She shot a hoof in the opposite direction, and the ponies marched forward, holding her limbs tightly.