• Published 26th Aug 2012
  • 1,307 Views, 63 Comments

Backwards: Insanity is not Sane - chewyrainbow



second book to Backwards: A not so Element of Kindness

  • ...
14
 63
 1,307

Solemn

Twilight stared at her, her mind swirling with confusion, Rainbow just tried to kill herself?

The purple unicorn stepped back, off of her, her horn glowing with lavender, she lifted all the shards of porcelain.

She turned back to meet the cyan blue pony's gaze again, only to find it showed no signs of emotion, regret, or fear.

-----------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash held the gaze, she felt as if her blood turned to ice. Defiantly, she rose up to her hooves, and stalked away into the dark corner of the room, no lights on, and the shades closed.

----------------------------------------------

Twilight watched her step away, still confused, she sighed, an turned to leave, taking the broken lamp pieces with her.
Closing the door gently, she made her way down the stares, almost tripping, but quickly she regained herself.

After she threw away the lamp, she sipped at a glass of water, trying to sort out her thoughts. Those words, again. They always pierced her mind like a sharp knife. Something about them was so eerie, just so hard to explain. Then she relayed everything she could think of.

Rainbow Dash was tortured, to such a state that she had murdered a mare, and tried to kill herself...
Fluttershy...What to say about Fluttershy... She went insane for only Celestia knows why, murdered her closest friends, and considered them animals?

Twilight was at a loss. Completely, utterly, absolutely confused, lost, and baffled.

-------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash curled up in the corner, her eyes shrunk to small beads, her mane ruffled, and her hooves quivering. The darkness surrounded her, and she liked it. Her eye twitched, and her mouth quivered, opening into a wide grin.

Although she was staring at the wall, it almost seemed a mirror had formed in front of her, and what she saw, made her happy.

The same face she saw in her dream.

The cyan blue face, spattered with crimson, and red eyes that pierced anyone with a gaze so cold, harsh, and crazed that it would have sent them into panic.

But not her. She liked the look, unlike she did in her dream.

She blinked, the image disappeared. Shaking her head violently, she shot out of the corner.

"No!" she yelled. There was no way she was going to be like that mirror image. Baking away, she crashed into the wall. The picture wouldn't leave her mind. It stayed there.

She shook, and hit herself, clambering into walls and furniture.

Those words

They came back.

They were there, and they wouldn't go away.

Now she began crying again. Beating herself with her hooves, trying to get rid of those words, those horrible words. Or at least that picture, just get rid of something!

"Rainbow Daaaaaaash..." and eerie voice called out, echoing around her mind like in a cave.

Whimpering, she managed to choke out, "Stop it! Leave m-me alone!"

"Rainbow Daaaaaash...Rainbooooow..."

Clasping her hooves around the sides of her head, she let out another cry, careful not to be too loud to bring Twilight's attention. "Stop! Just go away!"

"Rainbow, what is the matter? Don't you want a life of no worries?" the voice in her mind called out again.