• Published 24th May 2020
  • 1,038 Views, 19 Comments

Rainbow Dash's First Trial: Clone Wars Year 1 - Hikarikurai24587



Rainbow Dash's time in the Galactic Republic. During the time of the Clone Wars.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,038

The Grievous Trap

Chapter Nineteen: The Grievous Trap

Rainbow Dash gazed out the window as C-3PO walked up to Padmé while she typed away on the computer stating. “It does not look safe out there, my lady.”

“It’s not going to get any safer in here.” Rainbow mumbled as Padmé pointed out. “I see now that this whole thing was a trap and I’m afraid I walked right into it.”

“So we need to walk right out of it then.” replied the fast flier getting up from her seat. Padmé quickly typed away at the panels before quickly getting up from her seat as well explaining. “Come on, I’ve overloaded the power systems.”

“Oh, we’re doomed.” C-3PO bemoaned and Rainbow patted him on the shoulder saying. “Hey, it’ll keep their eyes off of us for about a minute or two. Burning pieces of metal has a tendency of doing that.”

“I suppose so.” mused C-3PO as the two followed Padmé’s lead, she led them to where the docking feet where held and slid out through the open. Rainbow dropped down next to her, the two of them looking up.

“Come on, 3PO, hurry.” Padmé whispered glancing around, C-3PO poking his head through the opening saying quietly. “Hurrying, my lady. I’m not sure this is such a good idea.”

Once C-3PO had climbed down the group rushed over to hide behind crates, Rainbow Dash glancing over and seeing what seemed to be a Kaleesh. ‘But… different. Sein isn’t even that tall.’ Rainbow pondered, only catching the last words he spoke. “...Come with me.”

Her throat went dry as they peered around the crates, she had left her blaster inside the ship. ‘Come on Rainbow Dash, you need to do better than that!’ she berated herself mentally. Padmé shifted keeping C-3PO out of sight as he tried to look as well. The two holding their breaths, Padmé keeping the protocol droid back until the ship exploded. She ushered them behind the crates quickly making their exit. Rainbow glancing at the wreckage quickly before following after them.

They hurried down the hallway, keeping their guard up, until Padmé spotted a panel nearby. She moved next to it examining it. C-3PO moving close saying. “Pardon me, but might I suggest we keep moving? I think I hear battle droids approaching.”

Padmé fiddled with the panel, pressing buttons as both Rainbow Dash and C-3PO looked behind them. Her wings twitched slightly and her fists clenched. She had to protect them, it was her duty.

“But we also need to protect the fleet.” responded Padmé causing Rainbow to glance at her as she continued to press buttons. “If I can just get this comm panel working.”

C-3PO glanced around the corner before recoiling and moving up to Padmé again saying. “My lady, I’m afraid I was right.”

Padmé glanced over before ducking behind debris, Rainbow Dash flew up pressing both her hands and feet against the walls to hold her in place. She watched as the strange Kaleesh approached stopping to observe the panel.

“Uh, General.” a droid spoke, Rainbow assumed it was over a commlink. The General snapped harshly. “What?”

“The damage to the hyperdrive wasn’t as bad as we first thought.” Rainbow watched the General look back and forth as if ready to do… something. “We should be able to get underway again shortly.”

“I must inform Count Dooku. Stay here.” Rainbow’s heart sank when she heard those words. Count Dooku. ‘It can’t be the same guy. It just can’t be.’ she thought her head was feeling light. ‘Why did he leave me alive then? Why did he… he was trying to keep me out of the Republic. What’s his plan?’

“Continue the search.” ordered the General pressing a claw against one of the droid’s chestplate. “Find the stowaways and bring them to me.”

“Roger, roger.” the droid replied, all the droids watching as the Kaleesh General moved passed them before they all continued to march. Waiting until they were passed before she released her grip and her breath. Rainbow managed to hover down the floor as Padmé and C-3PO came out from behind their debris.

“I’m surprised he didn’t notice you up there.” C-3PO said and Rainbow Dash nodded her head taking in air. “Though I suppose your uniform helped you blend in.”

“I don’t think that was the reason.” Rainbow replied, shaking her head as she got to her feet. “What now Senator?”

“Now, we get in contact with the ship.” explained Padmé moving back to the console and began working on it. “Almost… got it!”

“I’m going to keep an eye out further ahead.” Rainbow told them as she looked around. “I’ll keep up high, but I won’t be far.”

“Stay safe.” it was what Rainbow Dash knew as a kind order from Padmé. Rainbow smiled at her before flying up near the ceiling moving just out of normal hearing range. She glanced around for any sign of the battle droids. She closed her eyes trying to refocus herself, though it was harder with the new information she had found out. ‘Dooku, what is his relationship to the Separatists. The Kaleesh General… robot guy seems to be under him. That would mean that Dooku is at least high up amongst their rankings. Could he be leading them? Then how did he manage to get to Coruscant unseen?’

“Rainbow Dash, this way.” Padmé said running underneath her, Rainbow flew down dropping next to them to keep pace. “Anakin and Obi-Wan are on board to rescue us.”

“Aren’t they supposed to be blowing up the ship? Why aren’t they doing that?” Rainbow questioned and Padmé gave her a look saying. “No one gets left behind. We’re going to be meeting them towards a large opening at the center of the ship.”

After a little bit they slowed down coming to the middle. Rainbow Dash blinked at the rail systems, she was getting an idea on how big the ship was.

“This is where we are supposed to meet them.” Padmé said, looking down a small smile on her face.. “He’s probably late again.”

Rainbow chose to ignore the smile as she glanced around the open area. Her head turned as C-3PO spoke. “But we do have company of another sort.”

Battle droids came around the corner, one of them shouting. “Blast them!”

Padmé began to fire as Rainbow Dash held up her hands trying to form a shield as they began to move back. Yet all she could produce was one big enough to form around whoever was in front. She move close enough to Padmé so she could fire but was still blocking most of the shots as they moved backwards down the ramp. Padmé continued to fire before ordering. “Jump!”

“Who, me?” questioned C-3PO before he was pushed off the edge by Padmé and she leapt after him. Rainbow dove off the edge flying to keep up with the train dodging the blaster bolts. She was flying in between the trains when she heard a familiar voice shout. “Padmé!”

“Anakin!” Padmé responded as they glanced towards each other. Rainbow Dash just rolled her eyes not saying a word. Just then Rainbow Dash saw a droid pointing at them with a larger droid firing a single shot. Her teeth gritted as she flew up towards them, energy surging around her as she slammed into them. Red electricity flying around her as she got to her feet on top of the droid’s chestplate.

“Oh no.” the battle droid said before getting hit by a burst of electricity, Rainbow Dash flying up and over the second Super Battle Droid. She used the red lightning hitting it in the back and sending it over the edge. Taking a deep breath she jumped off after it before taking flight after Anakin and Padmé. That was when her comlink went off and Padmé’s voice came through. “Rainbow Dash, I want you to go with Obi-Wan, just in case.”

“Wait, Rainbow Dash is here too?” Anakin's voice came through loud and clear causing Rainbow to wince as she replied. “Yes, Anakin, I’m here. I’m Senator Amidala’s bodyguard, you didn’t think I was going to be here?”

“I was hoping we’d just have two people to worry about.” Rainbow’s eyes narrowed before she turned around snapping. “Hey! I can take care of myself. I’ll stay with Obi-Wan, you two be careful.”

“We will.” was the last response Rainbow got before she turned off her communicator. She flew as fast as she could to catch up with Obi-Wan who greeted her with a nod.

“Let me guess, keep out of sight until you need help?” Rainbow asked as she landed next to him and Obi-Wan nodded saying. “That does sound like a good plan. It would also allow me a bird’s eye view of the situation in case of an ambush.”

He glanced at Rainbow Dash and she gave him a thumbs up as they approached the door. Rainbow lifted herself into the air flying forward as Obi-Wan ran into the room and she flew upwards to keep from being noticed. She watched as he slowed down, taking note that the room was darker than usual as he approached the droids looking at the console. The lights turned on suddenly and Rainbow Dash pressed against the ceiling before flying up a little more to get a better view of the situation. She watched as Super Battle Droids approached Obi-Wan. There were a few regular battle droids there, and a few Destroyers rolled out from behind the console. Rainbow Dash heard mechanical laughter next to her before the General from before leapt out the window landing in front of Obi-Wan but remaining behind a few of the battle droids. “Hello there.”

Rainbow Dash strained her ears to hear what was being said. She couldn’t catch all of the conversation but she did know when the order was given to kill Kenobi. She watched him glance up at her before dispatching most of the droids in the room without her help. Glancing down she watched as one of the Destroyers was pushed towards the Kaleesh General only for him to catch it and throw it off to the side. A few stray blaster bolts flew close to Rainbow Dash causing her to drop down quickly. She made sure to remain behind the battle droids and the General hiding underneath the walkway. From there she could only hear what was going on.

“Impressive.” one of the droids spoke, though shortly after she watched the droid drop.

“Stay here and guard the hyperdrive, I will go after him myself.” The General spoke, Rainbow Dash flew forward as quietly as possible. She didn’t know what to do, she could always attempt to disable the hyperdrive. ‘Remember what happened last time Rainbow Dash. You accidently activated the hyperdrive.’ Rainbow Dash told herself, she grabbed the edge behind the console carefully. She looked over the edge seeing a droid close by. She let go flapping her wings as quietly as possible. ‘If I am going to do that I should wait a little longer to make sure that the General is farther away. Got to get a better view though.’ Peering over the edge once again, Rainbow glanced around for a blind spot. Gritting her teeth Rainbow realized she would have to create a distraction. Wracking her brain for a few seconds Rainbow decided to actually fly up the moment they looked away. She watched the droids counting how long it took for them to return to their original position.

“Do you think the General knows about the guard that the Senator has?” The Battle droid asked, causing the other droid to look at it. “You know, the one she sent with the Jedi.”

“I didn’t see anyone with the Jedi.” The other droid replied and Rainbow took the chance flying upwards quickly. A hand grabbed her ankle slamming her down into the catwalk. Rainbow Dash coughed, she felt herself get lifted into the air. An arc of yellow electricity leaped behind the droids before she was slammed into the ground feeling her consciousness slip as the mechanical voice of the General spoke to her. “You should have remained hidden, Rainbow Dash.”