• Published 30th Aug 2012
  • 809 Views, 0 Comments

War Equestria - pennypony



When Equestria is thrown into war, the bonds of friendship may not be enough to change fate.

  • ...
 0
 809

Pegasi

Fluttershy looked down at her tags once again. Those familiar, harshly stamped in letters portrayed her name, rank, species and origin. She didn't know what she expected to find each time she looked, as there wasn't anything much that could possibly please her right now.
She was a timid and peaceful pony - hardly cut out for the front line, albeit as a nurse. What she would have given to stay at home...
She could have looked after the children, grown food for soldiers, she even would have even made resources if it meant not having to come here to this awful place.

What still stood of Canterlot was not much more than a couple of hardy buildings and the ruins of the castle. Suprisingly, one tower of the castle still stood tall despite all the chaos that had unfolded around it. But if anypony had managed to escape there, they wouldn't have vistors anytime soon - no pony would dare enter the wasteland around it. The pegasi back home had called it 'No Colts Land'. But now she, Fluttershy,was heading straight towards it to fight against the two other races of pony for what of the land was left.
She felt a tear roll down her cheek. The other ponies had tried to toughen her up, but their efforts were futile and she still didn' feel anywhere near ready to face the war.
The War for Equestria.

"Fluttershy?" a voice above her said. She looked up to see General Rainbow Dash towering over her. Rainbow Dash was tough and likeable - she had made her way up the ranks and was now a well known name in the army. She was an icon of Pegasian superiority, on all the recruitment posters. Lots of the young fillies wanted to be like her. She was the elite, and she knew it. She wasn't, however, a fan of Fluttershy.
"What are you crying for?" She exclaimed. "We're going to be heroes. Equestria will belong to us!"
Fluttershy looked at the floor. She didn't want to be a hero. She just wanted peace.
"Well if you're going to be a coward, don't think i'm going to pick you to accompany my regiment." Rainbow Dash smirked. She thought of the war as a game, and keeping her new high-flying superior place depended on her winning.

Rainbow Dash had always been popular - as a filly she was always top of her class at flying school. As she got older she became an extremely desirable object, as well as a role model for the new flyers in Cloudsdale. She definitely would have been the new Captain of the Wonderbolts... If there hadn't been a war of course. Never mind - she would put her amazing flying skills to work as the most awesome, super cool general the Pegasi Army had ever seen.