• Published 25th Feb 2021
  • 410 Views, 0 Comments

Mistake - Gallants



Lilly and the General are the only ones that respect me, Lilly was programmed to do that though. The Queen seems to respect me too, but we just met.

  • ...
6
 0
 410

All That Sparkles isn't Kyber

Opening my eyes from a dreamless sleep, I begrudgingly got out of the comfortable bed I slept in and stretched. I quickly got showered and dressed, making my way downstairs I quickly spotted my new landlord putting eggs on a plate, "Good morning Roseluck; smells good," I greeted causing her to jump and nearly drop the food, "didn't sleep well?" I asked noticing the bags under her eyes when she turned around.

"No, I didn't, I was up all night thinking about, well, you," I raised a brow at her statement, "I mean what are you? I've never seen something quite like you," she said motioning to my body.

Nodding my head I gave my best answer, "I'm a clone, CT stands for clone trooper and Sixty-Three is my birth number," I told her her eyes fixated on me, slowly she nodded and gave me a plate.

"So you're a soldier then, for Equestria?" She asked I shook my head and informed her I was retired. When we finished our breakfast I put my helmet on and went to help her set up her stand.

"Sixty-Three," I heard get called out as we finished setting up her arrangements, turning around I saw Chrysalis approaching, a small sack affixed to her hip, "I do hope the general is doing good," she said keenly keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings.

"She's doing just fine Honeysuckle," I told her before lowering my voice, "is something the matter?" I asked feigning a stretch in order to look around and notice a blue-horned stallion looking at us with intent, "We should get lunch later what do you say?" I said to her gently resting my hand on my hip just above my blaster. Slowly the stallion approached, before stopping just out of arms reach of the queen, he took a quick sniff of the air.

His eyes widened, "CHANGELING!" he screamed his horn lighting up, I drew my blaster setting it to stun and taking aim, barely paying attention to the six ponies sprinting towards us. As a fine point appeared on the tip of his horn I pulled the trigger the blue ring quickly made contact freezing him, the energy blast he attempted to use was sent off to the side, I deftly switched my blaster back to lethal. The stallion was engulfed in green flame and was replaced with a changeling like the queen. Those six ponies finally reached us, all with looks of shock on their faces.

"A changeling in Ponyville? How'd it get here," A blue one called out before the other mares started yelling, which quickly devolved into an argument over what to do with it. It must have thought I was distracted because it jumped at me, I quickly pulled the trigger, causing the ponies around me to gasp with its collapse; smoke pouring from a new hole between its eyes, "Wh-who are you?" She asked looking between me and the dead changeling.

Twirling my blaster I quickly secured it in my holster, "Corporal CT-Sixty-Three, formerly of the Grand Army of the Republic," I said full of conviction, looking over at them I noticed a lavender mare looking at me a mix of fear and curiosity clear across her face.

"How does your muzzle, fit in that helmet, it would be extremely uncomfortable," She said looking me over, "slightly shorter than your average stallion," suddenly her hand was on my holster, I didn't even think I grabbed her hand bending it at her rotated wrist and applied pressure causing her knees to buckle slightly, the others took a step towards me. I drew my blaster once more with it set to stun.

"I'd appreciate, if you said something before touching me," I said letting the mare go and securing my weapon.

"Hey, buster what's up with you? She wasn't going to hurt you," The blue one spoke up, "I should knock your block off for that," she stated a pair of wings flaring from her back.

I sighed, "My brothers just tried to kill me, I've been fighting a war for the past three years, and I dragged my general through a forest to save her life," I told her turning my head to stare her down, "Forgive me if I'm a little on edge," I stated, and took a step forward, "However I am willing to use what little credits I have to make it up... to her," I told the blue one pointing at the lavender one.

"War," I heard the lavender one whisper, "where on Equis, is there a three-year war?" she asked seeming disturbed.

"Not on Equis, in space, far away," I said, "I hope," I quietly added "and if you couldn't guess, I'm not a pony, neither is the general, who I should go visit," I told them turning around and heading towards the hospital. Leaving the shocked mares behind.

The hospital was quiet, only a mare with a kid sat in the waiting room, the receptionist was nowhere to be seen. I took a seat, hoping we'd be seen to soon. It was longer than I'd like, but eventually, Redheart came through the doors holding a small bag, "I'm sorry for the wait Ditzy, but just follow the instructions and Dinky should back up and at it in a week or two," She told the two before noticing me, "Corporal what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I want to visit General Tetztail," she looked off to the side, "I understand she isn't awake yet, I just want to be with her at the moment," I told her, she nodded and told me to follow her. The general had her own room, I took a seat next to her, "Well, ma'am I'm living up to my namesake, making mistakes," I told her with a sigh, "I attacked a local, and drew on the others when they tried to step in," leaning back into the chair I continued, "I don't know what happened, she was talking and the next thing I knew I had her wrist locked," I turned to face the general, "I might not be around when you wake up, hopefully, I'll just be forced to leave town, and my mistakes won't have any fallout for you," the door quietly creaked open, the lavender mare was standing there.

"Redheart wasn't kidding, she really is fascinating," She said looking between me and the general before quickly clearing her throat and standing straight, "My name is Twilight Sparkle protégé of Princess Celestia," She told me, I grimaced underneath my mask, "and I'm sorry for causing you to react that way," I looked up relieved, "If you really feel like making it up to me or my friends you threatened, I'd love to study some of your equipment, and Dash would probably warm up to you if you showed her some alien-fighting moves," she gave a shy smile.

I could only say one thing, "I'd like that Twilight,"