• Published 19th Apr 2020
  • 875 Views, 18 Comments

FireWatch - Darkness Moon



Adagio is annoyed with Sunset for discovering his secret hiding place, Sunset, however when she reveals the origin of the objects, her friends become interested.

  • ...
1
 18
 875

The Employment

The smell of hot pancakes was one of Sonata's favorite smells, the first were tacos of course. Her missed cooking that well, when they were on the peninsula it was much more difficult, because he had to sit uncomfortably. Besides she didn't have much to cook. The stress of not being able to experiment with her dishes bothered her a little, but she had to do it to survive. But now since they returned home that was just a bad memory. Like the asylum thing. Or even before that, like when they lived in that horrible apartment. Her favorite place in Sunset's house was definitely the kitchen.

"Again you are distracted while you cook." Aria smiled. "Last time you burned my breakfast."

"I'm not distracted, I was just thinking!" Sonata said.

"Whatever. What got you so distracted?" Aria asked.

"Well, the past, the asylum, the peninsula and..."

"And?"

"Us!" Sonata said happily. "Aww! You are pretty when you blush.” it was her turn to smile.

"Whatever!" Aria laid down on the sofa. "Where are Sunset and Adagio?" she caressed Onix.

"In their room." Sonata placed the pancakes on the table.

"Really? Can't they go a night without fucking?” Aria growled.

"Ari! I'm cooking!" Sonata squeaked disgusted. “Speaking of which, breakfast is ready, could you go get those two? Please?"

"Yes, yes, I know." Aria got up from the sofa and went upstairs. She stopped at the door and listened to moaning and laughing. "Hey, you two! Stop eating each other and go down to breakfast!”
She knocked on the door.

"W-we're coming~~!!!" groaned Adagio.

"These two... Seriously." Aria whispered walking away.
In the room…[ Sunset hugged Adagio close]

"T-This is not over Sunset~..."

"I know Dagi~. You told me that the last three times." Sunset whispered in her ear.

"We have not yet reached our fourth time, like every morning~~" kissing the lips of his beloved.

"I know, but you heard, breakfast is ready." Sunset said.

"I could eat you again~~" Adagio purred.

"Oh I know~" she winked sensually. "But we can do that later. Also I need a break. It's not easy
To do it with a broken leg. Come on." she got up and put on her pajamas.

“Okay. By the way, have you seen the new jacket I bought? I can't find it." Adagio helping his girlfriend.

"I think you left it in the closet." finishing changing. "If I remember correctly you hung it next to my old jacket." taking her crutches.

"Okay. I'll go down as soon as I find her." she said putting on her pajamas.

"Alright, see you downstairs." Sunset said opening the door to leave.
Once alone, Adagio finished changing and went to the closet. The jacket was right where Sunset said. When she took the garment, Sunset's jacket hung on a splinter in the wall. She removed it and accidentally moved the wall discovering a piece of secret hiding place.

Meanwhile…in the kitchen, girls were eating the food together.

"Sonata, this breakfast is really delicious." said Sunset.

"Thanks Sunny, I wanted to try a new recipe, I think I enjoy vegetarian food."

"Speak for yourself." Aria said chewing on her bacon.

"How funny..." said Sunset.

A furious Adagio with a box in her hands reached the dining room.

"And what's wrong with you?" asked Aria.

The siren put the box on the table and reached in to get something out.

"Didn't you find your jacket?" Sunset asked eating. But she spat out her fruit as soon as she saw the Artifact Ball in his hand.

"I think you won't make it to the fourth round." growled Adagio. "Now... Do you mind... Explaining yourself?"

"I-"

"I found it." Aria stood up.

"Aria?" Adagio said confused.

“I found it when you and Sonata controlled the situation. You dropped the bomb, scaring one of those mutants and one of them fell, but not only with that. With the sphere, I took it and I turned it off. I kept it until I had the opportunity to give it to Sunset. ”Aria explained.

"Why did you do something so stupid?!" Adagio screamed.

"I didn't because I wanted a trophy, Dazzle!! Sunset said that thing controls them. I remembered that, so when I saw it I turned it off. I thought it would work!”

"And since when do you know about that?" Adagio asked puzzled.

"Since you threw us into the snow and froze us. Why don't you put up with a fight." said Aria.

"That wouldn't have happened if we hadn't gone on your stupid explorations." she growled.

"Oh we know! You just wanted to be home and fuck your girlfriend.” Aria spat.

"Excuse me?!" Adagio yelled.

"Wow! Girls, calm down.” Sonata reacted.

"Adagio calm down. That thing was in red mode for a long time. It was normal for them to continue being furious." said Sunset. "Anger is not easy to get rid off."

"I agree with you." Aria said looking at Adagio.

"Take your eyes away or you will see something you will regret." she approached dangerously.

"Girls! Please stop! ” Sonata shouted getting in the way.

Sunset tried to get up, but she accidentally hit her leg. Adagio approached her immediately.

"You have to sit down." Adagio said. With Aria's help they managed to seat Sunset on the sofa.

“Adagio, Aria thought that towards the correct thing. It wasn't a bad decision and we didn't look
For a treasure or trophy. But it is understandable that you behaved like this, we were in a dangerous situation. It was logical to be scared. And Aria, none of us were ready for that. It wasn't good to press them, you knew it, and so did I."

"Sunset I-"

"No. Seriously Adagio, Sonata is right, not the part of the fight. You have to stop fighting and you also Aria.” said Sunset. "We escaped alive and it's the only thing that matters."

"Good." they both agreed.

"By the way, what are all those things?" Sonata said looking inside the box. And also to release tension.

"Well, the truth is that each object inside has a long history." Sunset replied.

"This is the camera from asylum." said Aria approaching and taking the device.

"I haven't touched it since the night I brought you home." said Sunset. "What did you do with yours?"

"I think it's in our room." looking at Sonata. "I haven't turned it on or watched the tape either."

"Well, the night we got here, you were asleep." Sunset looked at Adagio. "I got up and placed the camera next to my other objects."

"What are you talking about? Objects?" Adagio asked.

"Sonata, could you pass me the box." she obeyed. "You see, before the asylum even long before the battle of the bands I had different experiences. The asylum and the peninsula were another crazy adventures." Sunset searched among things. "Specifically... After the fall dance." she pulled out a radio.

"A walkie talkie?" Aria said.

"Exactly. You see, nobody trusted me. Even my friends. Even though they supported me, I knew they didn't trust me, so I needed… my own space.” Sunset took out a strange device.

"What is that?" Adagio asked.

"A Wave Receive. I kept it and I was lucky that the police did not take it from me."

"Police? Seriously Sunset?” Aria smiled.

"It's not what you think. In reality all these devices are part of history."

"I want to hear it." said Sonata.

"Yes, let's hear about your first police encounter." said Aria.

"Okay, start Sunset." said Adagio

"Maybe you could bring us more of Sonata's breakfast." said Aria.

She did so. Soon everyone was sitting in the living room with more breakfast. Sunset was with the radio and the wave detector, with Onix in her lap.

"Well... I think that was the most hectic and strange summer I had." she started to talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole school hated me, and why shouldn't they? I tried to conquer school. I destroyed part of the school. Not to mention the thousands of other bad things I did to them in the past. Every time I walked in the hallways or left a classroom everyone looked at me with faces of hatred and rejection. My old self wouldn't have cared less, but now it was different. Not just in attitude. In the end I met my… friends…?
They help me for Twilight, not for their will. I discovered that little by little. For example when I helped Fluttershy with the animals she used to mention her and what she did for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Not that it was bad to take care of animals, but the only positive thing that happened was meeting my Onyx." stroking the ferret, who happily reacted to his mistress.

"And what happened to your other ‘friends’?" Aria asked, making quotation marks in the last part.

"Okay…"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At first I wasn't bothered by mentioning the fall formal or my past. With Applejack it was no better, I mean helping her family pick apples or to do the hard work in the barn wasn't bad. But she is too honest and direct in what she says, you can imagine.
With Pinkie it was not so hard. I mean she is more innocent. I didn't want to take her remarks personally because I know they weren't her intention. But with Rainbow it was something else. I was very surprised she rarely mentioned it. She wanted me not to think about it. I wanted to help her in the gym to train.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“That explains a lot~ Sunny~~." Adagio whispered and laughed when she saw her girlfriend's blush.

"How quickly your anger goes away, Dazzle." said Aria.

"I think Sunset is perfect to 'keep it under control'. We only had to wait a few centuries to find it." Sonata said.

"Shut up..." Adagio said blushing.

"Ahem! As I was saying.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To further confirm what she was trying to deny. I help Rarity with some dresses, only as a model. I know they were trying to make me feel better and they did. They made me feel optimistic, but... The truth was that I didn't feel well. I wanted to flee, but I couldn't return to equestria. Much less now. I even missed the last day of school. I waited outside of school, trying to think of what to say. Not that I didn't had a lie planned. I didn't want to tell them the truth. The bell from the last class woke me up from my thoughts. There they were, the last to leave, as always.

"Hey Sunset!" it was Rainbow Dash.

"What's going on?"

"Where were you? We were looking for you, why didn't you come to class?"

"The truth is that I couldn't, I had a personal situation." I replied a little nervous.

"What happened?" Rarity asked.

"It's my pet, he ... Felt bad." I lied.

"Oh no! You better check him out! ” Fluttershy said worried.

"Don't worry, I'll take it before the summer"

"What are you talking about? Wouldn't you spend the summer with one of us?” Applejack asked confused.

"Yes, that's what I wanted to talk about, I really wanted to spend some time alone." I said. "I will look for a summer job, I need extra money."

"Doesn't working with that Waylon Park pay you enough?"

"Rainbow!"

"It's okay Rarity. Waylon is going to be spending the summer with his family and paying for my
Home is not that easy. His help has been a great help to me." I said.

"Then we will continue to help you!" Pinkie said.

"No girls, you have your plans with your families. Besides, I'll be fine." I smiled.

"Sunset…"

"Seriously, don't worry about me."

"Well... If that's okay with you." said Fluttershy.

"Thanks. Now. Do you want to go get something to eat?" I said.

Yes, it was easy to convince them. They didn't suspect my attitude, not even Applejack. It didn't surprise me. That was the first time I lied to them and I hoped it was the last, but... You know. In conclusion, we went out, had fun, and said goodbye. I left Onix with Fluttershy, she said she would take care of him herself, which I was glad for. I went home and sat in the dining room thinking about the words of the girls... 'Spend vacation with one of us...?' That sounded like they were passing a ball. Like it was a lottery. I didn't knew why. But I'm wasn't going to let it affect me again.

"And now what will I do?" I said looking at the table and noticing an advertisement in the newspaper. "Wanted ranger, inexperienced. Hmm… firewatch...?”

I Accepted it.

Author's Note:

Firewatch is known for taking players on a journey and kicking them in the gut when done. I decided to take Firewatch apart and make sense of its controversial ending because I think Firewatch has one of the most powerful endings in modern games. It's almost too real to handle.

Adagio is annoyed with Sunset for discovering his secret hiding place, Sunset, however when she reveals the origin of the objects, her friends become interested.