• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 345 Views, 35 Comments

Night-Mares in Steel - Bronycommander



Lyra and Abstraction enjoy their new life with their friends to the fullest. Yet, they encounter some new vistors. From another universe. And from Outer Space

  • ...
0
 35
 345

Chapter 1 Newcomers

Chapter 1: Newcomers

The morning sun shining into the house of a freshly married couple, causing it to wake up with yawn as they rubbed their eyes

“Good morning Abby.” The mint-green unicorn smiled at her husband.

“Morning, Ly.” Her husband, a blue unicorn returned the smile.

They then both breakfasted, enjoying their first meal of the day, eggs and toast. “That was delicious! You sure learned a bit or two from your mother.” Lyra complimented Abstraction.

“Yeah, I did. And from Medium as well.” He looked out of the window, admiring the rising morning sun. “Looks like it’s going to be a wonderful day.”

“Agreed. I look forward to meet the others.” Lyra replied, they had planned to spend some time with Bon-Bon, Dinky and her friends outside today.

“Me too.”

Going outside, both saw Ponyville going after its usual business, the residents greeting them, which they returned it and Lyra sighed.

“You know, back then…when he attacked us…I was scared. Of my friends. And I couldn’t fear more if he had known about you…”

Abstraction gave his lover a hug. “And yet, you all pulled through. You can be proud of that.” He added with a weak smile.

“Right.”

Once out of town, they towards a meadow to see that Dinky, the siblings, the knights, Pip, his mother, Blue Murder and her son, together with Abstraction’s mother and her husband.

“Good morning, my son. How are you?” Pan Fry greeted Abstraction with a warm smile.

“I am doing well. And you?”

“Same.”

“Hello!” Dinky smiled with glee at the two unicorns, happy to see them.

“Good day to you too, children.” Abstraction waved friendly, then looked at the Knights. “And how are you doing?”

“Fine,” Fletcher replied, though he sounded slightly unease, the married couple knew why.

“How are the others?” Abstraction changed the subject to calm him down, which seemed to work as he weakly smiled.

“Doing well, visiting their respective homes.”

“Where’s Redcross?” Lyra asked surprised as she noticed she wasn’t with the others.

“I am afraid, he had to stay at his hometown, due to a major accident in the night, having to treat the victims. He won’t be able to visit Ponyville for a while.”

“Ah, pity.” She frowned, “But his job is important and takes priority to save lives.”

“Yes,” Bon-Bon nodded. “But now, let’s enjoy the day.” And with that, she pulled out a box of candy out of her saddleback. Lyra, Bonbon, Pan, Medium and the knights chatted together, Nancy and Blue enjoyed some tea, while the children played pirates and Masterclass Dungeon Duels of Doom together.

“That’s really good tea you got there, Blue. Where did you get it?” Pan asked as she took a sip herself.

“It’s nothing special, I got it from a tea store in Trottingham.”

“I see. Might give it a visit myself.”

“Say, how are Shadowplay and Tybalt doing?” Abstraction looked at Midnight with a curious expression.

“They’re doing well and treated fairly by the other Dark Horse members, just like with you, Blue. They should finish training soon.” The batpony replied.

“Good to hear. You all three deserved a second chance.” Abstraction gave Blue Murder a smile.

In response, the unicorn mare shuffled her hooves nervously. “I know…At first, I feared I’d land into prison for the rest of my life, no matter what. Or…that Tungsten would suffer for what I did…”

“But it never happened,” “Bon-Bon pointed out. “Well, many forgive you, never blamed you. That’s what’s Ponyville is known for.”

“Yeah…” Blue smiled weakly. “Though some Trottingham ponies still are not over it.”

Now, Pip held a hoof up. “Don’t worry, Blue, everypony who troubles you or Tungsten has to go through me.”

“And me!” Blau exclaimed with a determined expression, his sister and Dinky nodded.

“Righto…How was your honeymoon?”

Lyra took the word. “It was quite nice, we were at-“

Suddenly, a bright light appeared in front of everyone, blinding them.

“What the?” Nancy covered her eyes, all others did the same.

They all wondered what was going on until it faded, only to be completely shocked.

In front of them were three ponies, lying exhausted on the ground.

But that wasn’t what shocked everyone.

One of the ponies was a blue unicorn stallion, the other one a mare with a light gray hide that had a hint of blue, a henna mane and tail.

“What…”Abstraction mumbled in disbelief, his eyes wide,” That’s…me!”

“And me!” Pan Fry looked at the identical copy of her.

“But…who’s the filly?” Pip pointed at the third pony, a unicorn filly with a mint-green coat, but the eyes, mane and tail color were that of Abstraction’s coat.

None of them could describe the feeling of seeing copies of Abstraction and his mother.

Was this all just their imagination? Changelings? None of them could tell, as the older Trottingham colt took a closer look at the filly.

“Can’t remember I ever saw her,” Tungsten replied before Dinky cleared her throat.

“If I had to guess, they could be of an alternative universe, but we can’t leave them in this state. I’d say give them shelter should be the best but we should avoid attention”

After a short moment, Lyra nodded. “No problem, I can teleport them to our house, you inform Twilight about this.”

“Of course.” Dinky took the lead followed by the others and the mint-green unicorn cast her spell, teleporting the group to her house, gently laying them down on the guest bed with her magic.

She took notice that the stallion was wearing a fancy watch on his left foreleg.

Lyra stayed with the group until the filly started to stir, shaking slightly as she looked at the mare. “M-M-Mom?”

The unicorn mare quickly realized what this meant, smiling weakly. “I am terribly sorry, but you confuse me with somepony else.”

“B-but…” The filly stuttered, unable to process this before the two adults also stirred, groaning

“What just happened?” Abstraction’s counterpart rubbed his head.

“I don’t know, son.” His mother replied before both noticed Lyra, their expressions one of confusion.

“I am afraid I don’t recall.”

“You were sick, we brought you a warm soup, and…you had to sneeze, accidentally casting magic. Wait…” It took only a few seconds for the stallion’s eyes to become wide, realizing what happened, the same happened to the other Pan Fry.

Even the filly stared, it seemed like hours before she sobbed, trying to hold back a sob. “N-no…”

Without hesitation “Abstraction” hugged her. “Shh, calm down, Art Strings.” He rocked back and forth and after a few minutes, the filly stopped to cry.

“Now that’s better.” His mother said with a weak smile.

“Can I offer you some tea?” Lyra asked, the three ponies nodded.

And with that, she prepared the kettle, the warm taste of the tea was very welcomed by her sudden guests.

“It’s all a bit sudden but my friends are informing Princess Twilight as we speak. Just so we can help you as soon as possible.”

Barely had she spoken, the front door opened and her husband and friends walked in, getting slightly surprised expression by the guests.

“I came as fast as I could, Lyra.” Twilight looked with curiosity at the three ponies, who bowed. “Rise. Now, can you tell me about yourselves?”

“Well…” Abstraction started, telling Twilight the same he did to Lyra.

“Awfully sorry to hear that. But I assure you, we’ll do what we can to help you get back.” Twilight had a look of pity and sympathy.

“Thank you, your highness.” Art Strings replied gratefully before looking curiously at the foals and human girl. Where I am from, you two are teenagers.” She pointed at Dinky and Pip. “My name is Art Strings.”

“Nice name.” Those are my friends Tungsten, Blau Streifen and Katja.” Dinky introduced them.

“Nice to meet you.”

Twilight cleared her throat. “I will inform the Mayor, so you can move around freely and without…complications.” She pointed at Art’s father and grandmother, they both nodded.

“And about me?”

“Dinky and her friends could show you around to pass the time, if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all. Can I, dad?” She looked at her father, waiting for an answer.

“Sure thing, sweetheart.” “Abstraction” replied, knowing already the other Twilight and Dinky were honest and trustworthy.

“I know already where to go.” The periwinkle filly took the lead, with her friends and Art Strings following.

They were led outside of the town, towards the CMC clubhouse and Dinky knocked on the door.

Apple Bloom opened it. “Hello, guys, come in.” They entered, seeing their friends Noi, Tootsie and Pinch, together with the CMC.

“Hi, Dinky.” Tootsie smiled before spotting Art Strings. Who’s your new friend?”

“Everypony, this is Art Strings.” The newcomer gave a friendly wave before Dinky told the others about her, earning looks of sympathy.

“Oh my…poor you.” Sweetie Belle said, “But we’ll make sure you have a comfortable stay and welcome to our clubhouse. Maybe, we can help you get your Cutie Mark.”

Now, Art Strings chuckled. “I know to appreciate it but I don’t really care about it. Though, how did you met Katja, Dinky? No offense but humans are only a myth where I am from. My mother is fascinated about them, and my father and grandmother are also familiar, but they don’t tell me why.”

“Well…” Dinky bit her lip, unsure how to tell this, “It’s kind of a long story. You see, one day, Sparkler was sick and I had the same fate as you, landing on Earth. Katja and Blau had the same fate in their universe with a friend, also landing on Earth, the same place I found myself in.” She paused for a moment.

“Princess Luna dispatched Fletcher to find me, helping Katja and Blau too. And ever since we got back home, we’re friends, regularly visiting each other, and Fletcher became my uncle.”

Art Strings stayed quiet, trying to process everything. “Sounds like he’s a great stallion. Still, how comes you’re not a pony, Katja? No offense.”

The girl chuckled. “My dad is a human.”

Art’s eyes went wide. “For real?”

“Yes, though he never told me or my brother how he landed in Equestria.”

“I see. So…” Art Strings trailed off, “What could we do now?”

“I got an idea!” Dinky exclaimed and tapped the filly with her hoof while saying “Tag! You’re it!”, before running out of the clubhouse laughing.

“Hey!” Art Strings yelled as she gave chase, the others laughed too.

Nevertheless, they all enjoyed the game until they laid down laughing. “That was fun!” Pip giggled.

“Yep,” Tungsten added as he looked up in the sky and saw something odd. “Hey, what’s that?” He pointed to it.

Everyone looked up to see what looked like a flame. “I don’t know, but it’s coming down!” Noi yelled and they made a run as it came right for them.

Whatever it was, it was big and they felt the heat as it flew over their heads and came down on the ground with a loud bang, leaving a trail of dust and dirt behind as it came to a stop.

Pinch breathed heavily. “That was close.”

“What is that?” Dinky wondered as she took a look over a cliff. The object they had seen was now fully visible. It was big, looking like a rectangular box but was flattered and two circles at the back, looking like engines.

“A…spaceship?” Art Strings suspected.

“In any case, we should report that in,” Katja suggested with unease in her voice.

“Sure, after-“ Dinky couldn’t finish as she slipped, sliding down the hill.

“Dinky!” The others called out.

With a cry of pain, the unicorn came to a stop, her vision blurry.

Then, she saw what looked like a hand reaching down. Slowly her eyes looked up.

Before her stood something she couldn’t describe, but it looked terrifying.

A humanoid creature, wearing what looked like a switchbox on the chest, covered in tubing with a rubbery-like skin. The head was covered by a cloth mask, a neutral expression, the eyes still visible, wearing what looked like a pair of handles onto the head.