• Published 24th Feb 2020
  • 349 Views, 1 Comments

Twilight's Getaway Package (CANCELLED) - Fluskie



Twilight stays on a deserted island. Not by herself though..

  • ...
 1
 349

Apples, Flowers, and Trees

Twilight slowly opened her eyes as she saw a bright light shining on her tent. She yawned, letting her alicorn wings spread out and stretch. She cracked her back a little before standing up from her sleeping bag and zipping it back up. She seems to of woken up at a good time as she heard a bell ringing outside. She opened her tent and trotted out, slightly being blinded from the sun as she shielded herself with her wing.

“Breakfast everyone!” She heard Tom Nook say as she got a whiff of fruit and cake.

She watched as the other islanders exited their tents, all equally looking tired. They all seem to not got a very good sleep except for Twilight. This rather surprised her since she usually was quite cranky in the early morning.

She happily trotted over to where Tom Nook, Timmy, and Tommy were all seeming to be serving pancakes. Tom Nook was cooking the pancakes and placed them on plates while Timmy and Tommy put whip cream on each one along with what looked to be freshly cut up fruit from the trees. She even spotted some pineapple that was placed on a big pile of whip cream. Her stomach grumbled a bit at the sugary goodness as she watched them serve up some plates.

“Wow, I didn’t know you all would be making our meals! You didn’t have to do that.”

“Oh, no, no, this isn’t an everyday thing. This is only for today to start you all up on your week. As you can see there’s plenty of fruit on this island and fish. You all should be able to cook yourself up some decent meals after today.” Tom Nook replied.

“Seems reasonable.”

One of the raccoon twins gave Twilight a plate of pancakes.

“Thank you!”

They nodded and got back to work on decorating the pancakes. Twilight trotted off with her breakfast and decided to sit down by the ocean, carefully levitating her plate beside her as she took a bite. Her mouth in a sense exploded with flavors of all of the different fruits as she hummed happily, taking another bite. She could hear Diana in the distance complaining about how ‘basic’ the breakfast was and that she could make something better as she ate. She only giggled as she enjoyed her food.

“I’m here!” She heard a deep voice yell.

She looked over towards the raccoon family to see a wolf waving his arms as he ran over to them. Tom Nook didn’t look too happy as he seem to have been scolding the wolf. That must of been Fang..

“Hello, are you Twilight Sparkle?”

She then looked to her left to see Shari, the monkey she saw during the introduction standing beside her holding a plate with a stack of pancakes. She wore a friendly smile on her face.

“Yes, I am! Shari is it?”

“You got it, nice to meet you. May I sit here with you?”

“Of course!”

Shari sat down, balancing her plate on her legs.

“So, what do you think of the other animals here?” Shari asked.

“Uhh..For the most part, I think they’re good. Tom Nook has been very helpful.”

“No, no, not our tour guide! I mean everyone else."

“Good?”

“Hm, you’re too nice.” Shari said, shoving some pancakes in her mouth.

“Well, I am the princess of Friendship and my friend is the Element of Kindness.”

Shari’s eyes widened as she threw her plate across the beach. “You’re a princess?!”

“Oh..Dear..” Twilight smiled sheepishly.

“Come, everyone, we’re going to be starting the tour soon!” Tom Nook yelled.

Shari and Twilight stood up as they walked over to Tom Nook.

“You’re going to have to tell me everything.” Shari said.


“And this is the craft table, you can use it to craft tools, fences, and much more for your daily needs.” Tom Nook explained, gesturing to a craft table in the Nook’s big blue tent.

“Wow, your world is really weird.” Shari whispered.

“I suppose. It feels normal to me. What doesn’t feel normal to me is all of you.”

“Heh, that makes sense.”

“That about wraps up the tour now. You may begin your week in paradise.” Tom Nook announced as he and the other Nook’s went off on their way and the other islanders followed, leaving Twilight and Shari to stand alone in the big blue tent.

“So, you want to start grinding?” Shari asked.

“Grinding? What do you mean?”

“You know, picking fruits, flowers, maybe even cutting down some trees?”

“You mean for fun?..I guess.”

“No, no, I mean..” Shari thought for a moment. “I guess you could do it for fun but it’s not really that fun. What you do is sell all the fruits and flowers and whatever else to the shop and you get bells for it! Animals don’t really do it for fun and more for some easy cash. Plus you could probably get Nook Miles for doing some work on the island as well.”

“Wow, really? To me, all of that sounds like junk. If I tried to sell those in Equestria, those would be incredibly cheap. Well, unless you’re my friend Applejack or sell bouquets of flowers.”

“You have some interesting friends, Twilight.”

“You could say that.” Twilight giggled.


Shari and Twilight now stood in front of a patch of apple trees. Three fresh and shiny apples hung in each tree as if waiting to be plucked from where they hung. Shari rubbed her palms together, grinning and having her eyes set on the trunk of a single tree. Out of nowhere she hopped up onto the tree and started to climb.

“Shari, what are you doing?! Be careful!” Twilight shouted in surprise.

“I got this. I’m a monkey remember?”

Shari climbed above the trunk and rested herself on an empty tree branch with no apples upon it. She had a big red apple in her sights as she used another tree branch to swing over to the specific one. While hanging on to the empty branch, she reached for the apple and grasped it. She gave the apple a gentle pull and a small snap noise was heard as it rested right in her hand. She then jumped down, showing off her apple to Twilight with a prideful smile.

“And there you go. One apple, monkey style.”

Twilight took the apple from Shari, levitating it with her magic and inspecting it. “Hm..Well, I got an even faster tactic to apple picking.”

She gave the apple back to Shari and closed her eyes, her horn glowing a pink aura. Her eyes suddenly flashed white as all the apples in the patch suddenly glowed pink. There were many poof noises heard as the apples vanished from there trees and suddenly poofed in front of Twilight, spinning around in a circle as they levitated in the air. Shari watched as her jaw dropped, noticing all of the apples from the patch of trees they were picking from were all gone and levitating in front of Twilight. Her eyes returned to normal as she admired the work she had just done.

“Woooooww!” Shari said

“Mhm.” Twilight grinned. “I call this..Uh..Twilight style!”

Twilight levitated the apple Shari picked and her own into a little basket, filling it to the brim with freshly picked apples.

“How did you do that? The apples literally floated in the air!”

“I have a little something called ‘magic’. I’ll have to teach you sometime.” She winked and giggled as Shari gave her a confused face.


The two now walked around in a field of many different flowers, picking them and putting them in a separate basket. Twilight even stopped to smell a few, letting out a sigh after taking in the wonderful aroma and placing them in the basket after.

“So, how much do you think we’ll get for the fruits and the flowers?” Twilight asked.

“Probably around a thousand bells.” Shari replied casually as she placed a sunflower in the basket.

“A thousand?! Oof!”

Twilight suddenly smacked into something as she fell back on to the grass, crushing a few flowers and grass beneath her. She looked over to see her basket of flowers overflowing over the grass and then above to see a wolf’s snout inches away from her face. Her eyes widened, moving back a little in surprise.

“Watch where you’re going!” The wolf said, Twilight immediately recognizing him as Fang, the islander that arrived quite late.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to walk right into you.” Twilight apologized.

“Yeah, yeah, that’s what they all say. Likely story. I know how this goes ‘pretty little pony’ and you ain’t fooling nobody.”

Fang opened his mouth menacingly as she saw rows and rows of sharp teeth. She shrieked as her horn glowed defensively, shielding herself with her wings.

“STOP IT!”

Twilight peeked out from her wings as Fang looked in the same direction. Shari now stood in front of Twilight protectively, staring Fang down.

“Leave her alone, Fang.” Shari sternly said.

“Why? Or else I’ll be beaten down by a tiny little monkey?” Fang scoffed. “Seriously, why are you even defending her. Don’t you know that everyone thinks she’s a weirdo?”

“That’s not true. I don’t think she's a weirdo and neither should you. Quit being a jerk.” Shari replied. “And also, I am more than I look so don’t try it, buster.”

“Diana thinks she’s nothing but a joke.”

“Well, that’s Diana’s problem, not hers. Diana is a snooty, stuck-up, brat.”

Fang pressed his paw into Shari’s chest threateningly.

“You say that one more time..” He began.

“ENOUGH!”

The two looked over to see Twilight now back on her hooves again and staring at them both with major disapproval.

“I don’t care what someone else thinks of me but I most certainly care when other’s are fighting right in front of me. Now, Fang, I’ll only ask you once, could you please leave me and Shari alone?”

“Why should I?” Fang asked.

“Don’t push it..” Shari replied angrily.

“Fiiinnee..”

The wolf pouted as he slouched, walking off. He gave Shari and Twilight one last annoyed glance as he walked off and disappeared behind some long grass in the distance. A noticeable relief washed over Shari and Twilight as Shari took a deep breath and let it out as if she was breathing out all her stress.

“Ah, that’s better,” Twilight said happily. “Now, Shari, I know you were only protecting me but there was no need for you to threaten, Fang.”

“He threatened you!”

“Yes, I know that but two wrongs don’t make a right. You were just adding on to the fight and making things worse by threatening him. Don’t play by his game and rather just play by your own. You know what I mean?”

Shari sighed. “It’s not that easy.”

“I know it isn’t but at least try..Alright?”

“Okay..I’ll try.”


Both Shari and Twilight began to approach a small little shop that seemed to be undergoing construction. It surprised Twilight that there was already a little shop in progress on the island after them all only being on the island for ten or more hours. Though, at the same time, it didn’t. Tom Nook’s services seemed to be pretty fast.

As they approached further, she noticed a little sign with the name ‘Re-Tail’ hung on what was made of the shop. Oddly enough, the not even done shop seemed to be open as well as she could see small pieces of furniture on display inside.

“Wait, is that shop really open?” Twilight asked.

“Yup, just some construction going on though it seems.”

“How are you all opening shops when they’re not even done being built? What if somepony gets hurt?”

“Somepony?” Shari gave her a weird look.

“Sorry..’Somebody’.” She corrected herself.

“Well, honestly it seems safe to go inside. It’s also a shop to sell goods at so they’d need to have it up and running fast. Everyone needs to make bells and Nook Miles I suppose.”

Shari held open the door for Twilight as she trotted inside. She was met with bright colors and stands for what looked like the furniture to sit on for display. The shop looked just about ready for business except for a gap in the wall that was not yet covered. She gasped, looking around and admiring the little shop.

“Hello there, welcome to the Re-Tail!”

Twilight looked to the right to see a pink alpaca smiling at her a few feet away.

“Hello.” Twilight replied, grinning back.

“Hey, Reese. It’s been a while huh? I wasn’t expecting you and Cyrus to open up shop here.” Shari said, walking over to the alpaca.

“I wasn’t expecting it either. Mr. Nook gave us the offer to make more bells and expand our business and well, we just had to take it! Besides, this island is really great and it feels like I’m on vacation even though I’m still working.” Reese giggled.

Twilight casually stood to the side, feeling like a bit of a third wheel as Shari and Reese had a conversation together. She didn’t know anyone and she felt a little awkward since even Shari knew more animals than her. She noticed that Shari looked over towards her and then Reese again.

“Whoops, I almost forgot! Reese, meet Princess Twilight Sparkle. Twilight, Reese!”

Twilight walked forward, lending her hoof out to shake hooves. “Actually just Twilight is fine. No need to be so formal.”

“Wow, a princess? Each day just gets crazier and crazier.” Reese said, shaking hooves with Twilight. “Well welcome, here at Re-Tail we accept any goods of yours for bells or furniture so they can be recycled and turned into new furniture! My husband Cyrus does all of the recycling though. We also resell furniture for any price and an islander can come to buy it. We’ll make sure to notify you for the bells after.”

“Wow, what a great idea. I should really take notes. Maybe my homeland could do something like that with our waste.” Twilight said, teleporting a notepad and a pen, scribbling some notes down.

“Hey, we’re here to sell our stuff, not come up with ideas to save nature.” Shari said, snatching the pen and notepad from Twilight.

“Hey!”

“Oh, you’re here to sell? What would you like to sell.” Reese asked.

Shari pulled out two baskets filled to the brim with both apples and flowers. She placed them on the ground in front of Reese. “These.”

“Ah, everyone’s been coming to me with flowers and apples today.”

Reese picked up the two baskets and placed them on to a machine. There was the ticking noise of what seemed to be a clock and a few moments later a ding sounded. Reese poked at something before turning around to the two of them.

“Four thousand bells! Would you like to sell?”

Twilight’s jaw dropped as Shari nodded.

Reese grabbed the baskets and placed them into the corner and then grabbed a small bag, placing in plenty of cash for a few moments before placing the heavy bag in Shari’s hands.

“Thank you, have a nice day.” Reese said.

Both Shari and Twilight walked outside in silence until suddenly..

“Four thousand bells?! What is this place?” Twilight yelled once outside.

“Yup, that’s what’s great about the Re-Tail. Junk for a great price. Anyway, want to split it to two thousand each?”

“O-Okay!” Twilight replied, still bewildered by the price of the apples and flowers.

It wasn’t long before Twilight held two thousand bells in her hooves. She still couldn’t believe it. She also couldn’t believe how dark out it already was and that night was approaching. Did she really spend almost an entire day with Shari?

“Well, looks like it’s getting late. See you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, of course!” Twilight smiled.

“Alright, thanks for the fun day, Twilight.” Shari waved and started to walk away when she stopped, turning back to Twilight. “One more thing, if Fang gives you trouble, call my name, alright?”

“Alright but I probably won’t!”

She heard Shari snicker as she watched her walk off.


“That’ll be five hundred bells to craft an axe.” Tom Nook said.

Twilight gave Tom Nook five hundred bells as she watched the Nook twins get to work, disappearing into nothing but a dust cloud. She waited a few moments when the dust cloud disappeared and Timmy handed Twilight a brand new, shiny, axe. She could see her own smile in it even.

“Quite a late request for such a tool.” Tom Nook said.

“I know, I was busy today and was just able to get this now. Thank you all.”

She waved to all the Nook’s and exited the big blue tent. By now the moon was fully raised in the sky as one day of her week in paradise had finished. Five more days to go and she already didn’t want them to end. She trotted back to her own tent, exhausted but happy to rest for the night after a long day of fun.

Author's Note:

14 days until New Horizons, wooo!

Comments ( 1 )

Interesting

Login or register to comment