• Published 30th Jan 2020
  • 355 Views, 2 Comments

Behind the Queen - Musical_theatre_demon

  • ...
 2
 355

Chapter 2

Princess Chrysalis ran downstairs to her room, locking the basement door with her green magic.

Her mother, Queen Pupa, ran to the door in rage, trying to open it, but she could only rap at the door.

Princess Chrysalis was crying in her room.

Soaring Lyrics

Chrysalis: If only she knew
If only she understood

I'm stuck here trying to survive
In a mad Changeling Hive

If only I could soar
Right out of here
I would be free
From the chains she confines me

When will she get it?
I'm not her, and I'll never be
I may be just a nopony...

I must find a way
To break out
I can't stay

If only I could go soaring
If only I could be free

But I'm confined to the Changeling Hive
Trying my best to thrive

Now it plagues me
What if she's right?
What kind of queen will ol' Chrissy be?

(song ends)

* * *

It was now night and Chrysalis was fast asleep.

Tomorrow the young Changeling princess had school. Though she had been to school before, she hated it in the Hive and wished that someday she could go to school in Equestria with ponies. Surely they wouldn't mind, would they?

Queen Pupa had given up for the night trying to threaten her daughter to open the door. So, the queen retired for the night.

Chrysalis, however, arose minutes later and left the Changeling Hive, where she was met with some students that went to Changeling School with her.

"What are you guys doing up so late?" Chrysalis asked.

The other Changelings laughed at Chrysalis, and began to tease her in a chant that goes like this, "Chrissy, Chrissy, Chrissy is a pussy!"

Princess Chrysalis, afraid, retreated back to her room and slept. The other Changeling children were now fast asleep too.

After she slept for a while, Chrysalis arose for good at 9:00 A.M. She looked outside of the entrance to the Changeling Hive, excited and hopeful for a day out in the world.

So, she ran out to find Ponyville when she stopped and saw these weird-looking creatures called draconequus.

She heard the two talk.

They seem like father and son, Chrysalis thought.

The princess went to investigate, observing the cotton candy clouds and chocolate rain. Chrysalis tried her best to shake it off, but still felt as if she was hallucinating or high on drugs.

One of the weird creatures walked up to the confused and bewildered Chrysalis.

"You're not high on drugs." he said when he approached her.

Chrysalis backed away asking him, "Just who the hell are you and where the hell am I?'

The weird-looking creature smiled and laughed.

"I am the Prince of Chaos," he replied, "Once my father, Mayhem passes, I will become the Lord of Chaos."

This seemed all too familiar to her--- destiny and heir wise.

"I'm Chrysalis, but you can call me Chrissy," she said.

He smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Chrissy. My name is Discord," he said.

They became quick friends, eventually getting closer and closer by the years. Little did she know that she had entered the Realm of Chaosville.