• Published 7th Dec 2019
  • 291 Views, 0 Comments

Spreading My Wings - KingBoo687



My life is one that has had its fair share of accomplishments and blemishes, but to be fair, not a lot of ponies know about it completely. This is my chance to finally let everyone know who the real me is.

  • ...
 0
 291

My Little Pony: :yonP elttiL yM

Author's Note:

Before this begins, I'd like to repeat myself from the description in saying that this is a series of canon stories that featured my OC, Lunar Nights. As user Nolamancy states, there's not a lot of backstory on here for this character, with everything being posted on my FanFiction account.

There are eight total stories here (and nine total canon stories). Each chapter will be named to match the overall story that it comes from and, as such, comments have been turned off to not only avoid spoilers, but because I know these stories have been able to carry their weight, even as my writing skills evolved.

All these stories range between 2013 (Under A Lunar Wing) and this year (An Astronomical Experience) and feature Lunar in either a lead role or a supporting role. If you wish, click on the link on my profile to be taken over to my FanFiction account and read the story of your choice in its entirety, including the non-canon stories of Lunar's journeys (and there are a lot. Eight more published stories, to be exact, including the novel length canon story that's not here).

This message will appear at the beginning of each chapter as a reminder. I hope you enjoy this "quick" recap of Lunar's journey and hope that you read each story in full on my FanFiction account.

--Daniel

“That was actually the last time I saw Scott,” Lunar said, “after that, it was just recordings, which got weirder and weirder as the nights went by.”

“Do you remember what any of those recordings said?” Meridian asked.

“Kind of,” admitted Lunar, “They were all generally the same – explaining how the restaurant worked, the nature of any rumors that were on the rise at the time, and, eventually, how the restaurant would have to close because somepony used one of the suits in the spare room.”

“Used the suit for what exactly?” Meridian pressed on.

“They were used to kill other ponies,” Lunar stated, hanging his head down low, “how something like that operated under our noses still bothers me, honestly.”

“There was nothing that we could've done about that, Lunar,” Twilight told him, “by the time they were found, it was a lost cause.”

“What happened to those ponies?” Meridian wondered, steering away from the normal interview questions she'd prepared.

“That's the thing,” answered Lunar, “nopony knows. To this day, it isn't certain what happened, when they happened, or how it happened. The smell of decaying bodies was what eventually gave it away.”

“Decaying?”

Lunar nodded, “The bodies were stuffed into the suits.”

“Dear Celestia,” Meridian gasped, “that's awful.”

“We probably would've suffered similar fates if we hadn't survived ourselves,” Twilight exclaimed, “I saw those animatronics and had a feeling that they weren't acting right, even with my limited knowledge on the subject.”

“They would crawl throughout the building at night and would try attacking us,” Lunar added, “They got to a point where we had to barricade ourselves with our magic, and even that almost failed. They seemed to act normally once the clock struck six in the morning, but there were too many close calls for us. We had to leave the building on our last night there because of an animatronic ambush.”

“Sounds scary,” Meridian consoled with Lunar and Twilight.

“It certainly was,” admitted Twilight, “and that was the last time we tried doing something bold like that.”

“I wouldn't say the last time, Twily,” chuckled Lunar, “remember, we did travel to an alternate dimension because of haywire magic.”

Twilight blushed a bit, “If only you hadn't gotten sick that day.”

Lunar rolled his eyes playfully, “Don't throw me under the carriage, Twily. This is a biography about me, you know.”

“What happened to cause that?” Meridian continued, making sure her tape recorder was still going.

“When Twilight here got sick suddenly,” explained Lunar, “she started experiencing magic outbursts that, as you know, no unicorn or alicorn can control.” He chuckled again, then looked up.


“Rainbow,” Twilight started, closing the door to her home behind her as the rainbow-maned Pegasus stepped inside, “how come the Pegasi rounded up all these storm clouds?”

“Yeah, how come? And why didn't you ask for help?” Lunar asked.

Sulking slightly, Rainbow Dash answered the two alicorns. “Apparently, we missed a scheduled rain date, which was supposed to be for yesterday.” She kicked her right front hoof out of frustration. “Those boring old councilponies Cloudsdale has really ruined this day.” She turned to Lunar and Twilight and continued, “And I didn't ask for help because one, we all know I'm too awesome for help, and two, I didn't need the help.”

Suddenly, thunder roared loudly outside the house, followed by lightning tearing the sky into two. The ponies jumped at the sudden sounds and looked back towards each other.

“Well,” Applejack started, “looks like we're trapped here 'til this here storm blows over.”

I guess so,” Twilight agreed, “I don't think anypony wants to travel in this kind of weather/”

“You know what that means, right?” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. “Slumber party!”

Just then, another strike of lightning pierced the sky, striking a nearby electrical cable and cutting the power to all the neighboring homes, leaving everyone in the dark.

“Well, that's just great!” Spike sarcastically shouted. “Now I can't finish sweeping the floors!”

“Chill out, Spike,” Rainbow Dash replied, “this is the perfect mood to tell scaaarrryyyyy stories!”

“Count me out,” Spike answered, “I've already seen enough scary stuff today.”

“Really?” Twilight sarcastically asked. “Like what? Care to share your experiences with us?”

“I don't want to bring it up,” Spike responded.

“Sounds like somepony is too scared for his own scales,” Lunar teased.

“No!” Spike shot back, defending himself. “I'm just tired, y'know?”

“Sure, Spike,” Twilight smirked, nudging Lunar slightly.

“Whatever,” Spike said, walking out of the main room and down one of the hallways, “now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed. I'll see you all in the morning.”

“Goodnight, Spike!” Everyone rang in unison.

“Goodnight, everypony!” Spike answered as he walked up a flight of stairs.

“So,” Rainbow Dash continued, “who wants to hear a scary story?”

“Why not?” Twilight said. “There's no harm in a little story, right?”

“Yeah, Rainbow,” Applejack added, “Let's hear what 'cha got for us.”

“Okay,” Rainbow Dash frighteningly said, “but be warned, this will probably be the most scary story you've ever heard! Mwah ha ha ha!”

“Good luck with that,” challenged Lunar, “I don't get scared easily.”

“Oh yeah?” Rainbow Dash replied.

“Hold on, Dash,” Twilight said, looking towards Lunar, “you don't get scared easily?”

“Nope.”

“I'm breaking up with you,” Twilight sternly told Lunar, joking with him.

Lunar, taking the bait, hugged Twilight closely. “No! Please! Anything but that!” Deep down, he knew it was a joke.

Twilight giggled, as did the other ponies as they watched Lunar closely hug Twilight. “It's okay, I won't leave you.” She cuddled up next to Lunar closely.

“Now,” Rainbow Dash smirked, “the super scaaaaarrrrryy story!”


“Rainbow Dash told the story and, when she finished, we all went to bed for the night,” Lunar said, “but the storm was still brewing up outside, and it was a powerful one.”

“Was it that strong?” Meridian asked.

“It was,” answered Lunar, “it actually broke open the window to the room we all were sleeping in during the night and, since Twilight was closer to the window than the rest of us were, she felt the bulk of it.”

“I hadn't felt that sick in years,” Twilight said, “and controlling the outbursts was extremely hard. I mean, obviously unicorns and alicorns can't control it, but trying to keep myself from sneezing was tougher than I had anticipated then.”

“What did you do to combat it?” Meridian wondered.

“We fed her some soup and tried keeping her warm since the wind from the outside was frigid,” Lunar replied, “but it didn't work out since she sneezed and the built-up magic sent us to an alternate dimension; a dimension that was the opposite of ours.”

“An opposite dimension?” Meridian repeated. “What do you mean by that?”

“It's kind of a long story,” Lunar chuckled, “here goes nothing.”


With yet another sneeze, Twilight's horn caused the room to glow an extremely bright white color. The other ponies had all taken shelter behind some of the furniture in the room. Spike joined the ponies in hiding, but it was of no use as a large magic spell made its presence known to everyone. When the blinding light finally dissipated, the group of friends took a long look around to see that their surroundings had changed drastically.

“Wh-where are we?” Fluttershy cautiously asked, looking around at the surrounding shrubs and scenery.

“Ah ain't sure...” Applejack answered.

“Where are we, Twilight?” Pinkie Pie wondered.

“I-I'm not sure,” replied Twilight.

The surrounding area was dark and ominous looking. The sky, full of dark gray clouds, looked as if it would pound the land with heavy rain at any second, with thunder sounding just about every fifteen seconds or so. There was a little hole in the clouds just large enough to see both the sun and the moon. There was half of each up in the sky; the left half was the sun and the right half was the moon. Huge dark trees surrounded the small path the group had arrived on.

“Stick together, everypony,” Lunar advised, “we don’t know who or what could be about there.”

Everyone crept closer together, forming a tight circle all around. Lunar and Twilight had started glancing around, trying to find something familiar to them, if anything. The group had no idea as to where they were but had seen the lights of a town not too far in the distance, and had decided to seek shelter there. Off they went, but not after a dark, ominous figure flitted away from the group into the safety of the surrounding darkness and into the woods. Fluttershy heard this sound and crept behind Rarity.

“Wh-who’s there?” She quietly asked, revealing a tone of fear in her voice.

Rarity turned around upon hearing the question, noticing that there was nobody else in sight. She helped ease Fluttershy's nervousness and fear by resting a good on her back.

“Darling,” Rarity stated, “why there appears to be that nopony else is here.”

Fluttershy cowered up even further, shakily raising a hoof and pointing at a nearby bush.

“Th-there’s s-something in there!” Fluttershy squeaked.

Looking over towards the bush, everyone tried to spot what Fluttershy had seen, but nobody could see anything. After a while, some leaves began rustling about forcibly, which caused Rainbow Dash to bravely confront whatever was hiding inside the bush.

“Come out of there!” Rainbow Dash ordered. “I mean it!”

Whatever was in the bush moved about once again, rustling more leaves about. It still did not come out of its hiding spot, however.

“Come out of there!” Rainbow Dash shouted, louder than before. “This is your last warning!”

Lunar stepped in front of Rainbow Dash, flaring one of his wings in front of her. “Allow me, Dash,” he told her. Rainbow Dash grunted, but allowed Lunar to proceed. Standing strong, Lunar gazed at the bush and started to speak in a formal manner. “By order of Princess Luna and Princess Celestia, I, Prince Lunar, order you to stand away from the bush!”

The bush rumbled and moved about for a quick second. Finally, a light, azure colored hoof came out of hiding, revealing itself to everyone else. Eventually, an entire pony stepped out from behind the bush, smirking evilly towards the group.

This pony, a Pegasus pony more specifically, was almost the same exact color as Rainbow Dash. The only difference between them and Rainbow Dash was their mane color. Rainbow's was (obviously) a rainbow color, while this pony's was a pure, jet black color. They had the same colored fur, the same sized wings and wingspan, and almost identical cutie marks. This pony’s cutie mark was a black cloud with a yellow lightning bolt, to go with Rainbow Dash's rainbow colored lightning bolt.

Rainbow Dash looked in a daze as she stared into this Pegasus’ cerise colored eyes, tilting her head in awe.

“Who are you?” She cautiously asked.

The Pegasus tilted their head, mirroring the way Rainbow Dash tilted her own head.

“Oh, I could ask you the same thing, Rainbow Dash,” the unknown pony replied.

“How do you know her name?” Lunar objected.

“Come now, Lunar,” the pony continued, “we know who you all are.”

The group of friends started to feel uneasy about the current situation. Moving forward, Rainbow Dash demanded to know this pony’s name.

“Fine,” replied the pony, stalling the situation even more.

“Well?” Rainbow Dash called impatiently. “Who are you?”

“My name is Blackout Crash,” they answered, “And I know very well who you are, Rainbow Dash!”

Upon saying that, Blackout Crash bolted away, leaving a sonic rainboom behind her, only instead of it being a rainbow, it was pure jet black.

“C’mon!” Applejack barked. “Let’s go git her!”

Without missing a beat, everyone followed Applejack’s suggestion and rushed after Blackout Crash despite not knowing the area all too well. They entered a nearby town shortly after chasing her for a while and started to feel slightly more nervous, seeing how the town resembled Ponyville in almost every way imaginable.

“Where are we?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Ah, Ah don’t know…” answered Applejack.

“It looks a lot like…like Ponyville?” Pinkie Pie said.

“But how is that possible?” Fluttershy responded.

“I don’t know, Fluttershy…” Twilight replied.

The group of friends slowly walked around, noticing that there were a bunch of places they recognized – Sugar Cube Corner, the Quills and Sofas store, Carousel Boutique, among others. As they walked through the town, they each kept their guards up high. They did not know what happened or where they traveled to, but the ambiance that trickled down around each of them made the situation more horrifying and frightening. Moments later, they had heard some sinister laughs not too far from where they were. Everyone backed into a circle, with Spike being surrounded in the middle.

“Who's there?” questioned Rarity.

A sinister voice, sounding identical to Rarity's English sounding voice, answered back.

“Why so serious, Rarity?”

Rarity looked around, ranging her view from doors to the roofs. She started growing fearful and frightened because everywhere she looked, no one was there to be found. Looking down from the roofs, she noticed a unicorn standing in front of her. This unicorn looked exactly like her, same mane color, same styled mane, same colored eyes, same coat color. The only difference between this pony and Rarity was their cutie mark. Rarity's was three gems. This pony's cutie mark was a palette with a paintbrush.

“Who are you?” Rarity asked, checking out the details this pony had in their mane.

The unicorn laughed evilly as they answered the upper-classed pony. “My name is Ragity! And I know all about you, Rarity.”

Rarity jumped back, “How do you know me?”

Ragity forbade to answer Rarity's question. Instead, she looked elsewhere.

“We all know who you are!” Another pony answered.

Looking over towards where the voice originated from, the mane six saw another pony, who resembled much like Applejack. This pony had the same mane color, but their mane was styled up in a bun. This pony had an apple as a cutie mark, resembling Applejack's triple apple cutie mark. They were in a purple dress, something Rarity was idolizing from afar.

“Who in the hoof are you?” Applejack asked.

This pony laughed, revealing an upper-class stature. She looked away while answering the hard working earth pony.

“You may address me as Fancyvain, Applejack,” They answered.

“Where in Equestria are we?” Twilight wondered.

“I'm not too sure, Twilight,” Lunar replied.

Almost on cue, another pony spoke up and addressed Twilight and the gang.

“We know who you are!” Another voice said.

Everypony turned towards the new voice, which belonged to a pink earth pony. This pony was a lot like Pinkie Pie, same mane color, coat color, everything. The only differences between this pony and Pinkie Pie was the mane style and the cutie mark, a piece of cake on a plate, whereas Pinkie's were three balloons.

“Oooh,” Pinkie Pie said, admiring the pony in front of her. “Who are you?”

The pony laughed evilly while answering the spastic, party-loving earth pony.

“I am Cakamena!” They roared.

“Cakamena?” Pinkie Pie repeated.

Cakamena grunted, “Yes! Why must everypony repeat the name!?”

“Oh, boo-hoo-hoo!” Another voice said, “You gonna cry Cakamena?”

The group again turned their heads to face the unknown pony.

“Who are you?” Fluttershy cowardly asked.

“I am Bitterfly!” They answered.

This pony had a pale yellow coat, much like Fluttershy's, along with a magenta colored mane, with one black strip running from top to bottom through it. Bitterfly's cutie mark was a tulip and she had a long flowing tail, resembling Fluttershy's long tail.

“Well now, what do we have here?” A new voice sinisterly beckoned.

Lunar looked over towards this pony, noticing several key features that were similar between him and this pony.

“I take it that you're my doppelgänger?” Lunar questioned.

“How dare you refer to me as your doppelgänger!” The pony roared in response, obviously offended by Lunar's comment. “You're my doppelgänger!”

“Impossible,” Lunar continued, “for you look like me and everything.”

The pony chuckled, “Alas, you look like me! You're in my world now, so you're my doppelgänger!”

Ragity grew restless, “Oh shut up, Lunar Eclipse!”

Lunar Eclipse grew even angrier. He shot a mean look at Ragity and threatened her verbally. “That's Prince Lunar Eclipse to you, Ragity!”

“Tell somepony who cares!” Ragity responded. She paid attention to Twilight and the gang once more.

The six lookalikes stood in a straight line with Ragity at the left end and Bitterfly at the right end. The mane six, Lunar, and Spike stood in a line across from the lookalikes, with Twilight on the left end and Pinkie Pie on the right end.

Lunar Eclipse stepped forward a bit and, raising a hoof in the process, formerly introduced the five other ponies.

“Feast your eyes on the Elements of Disharmony!” Lunar Eclipse smirked. “I'm your worst nightmare, Prince Lunar Eclipse.”

“The Elements of Disharmony?” Rainbow Dash repeated.

“Yes,” answered Blackout Crash, “the Elements of Disharmony.”

“We are your counterparts to the Elements of Harmony,” Ragity added.

“If you are our counterparts,” Twilight started, pausing to sneeze, “where's my counterpart to the Element of Magic?”

Blackout Crash spoke up, ignoring Twilight's question, “I am the Element of Betrayal.”

“I am the Element of Dishonesty,” Fancyvain added.

“I am the Element of Sadness!” Cakamena menacingly said.

“Cruelty!” Bitterfly added.

“And I'm the Element of Selfishness!” Ragity concluded.

“So, where's the counterpart to the Element of Magic?” Twilight asked once more, sneezing in the process.

“We don't need your precious magic counterpart!” Blackout Crash sharply said.

“Frankly, my dear,” Ragity continued, pointing at Twilight, “your counterpart is no longer able to use magic anymore!”

“We broke off her horn!” Cakamena added.

“You what!?” gasped Twilight.

“You heard us,” Ragity continued, “we broke off her horn! Moonlight Twinkle is no longer able to use magic!”

Moonlight Twinkle must be my counterpart, Twilight thought.

“And now, we're gonna have to take you to go meet Solar and Satellite,” Bitterfly said, “the rulers of Equestria.”

“Oh yeah?” Rainbow Dash challenged. “Just try and make us!”

“Wrong choice!” Lunar Eclipse smirked, trapping Rainbow Dash in a magic force field.

“Now,” Cakamena added, “unless you want to end up like Rainbow Crash here, you'll follow us and do exactly as we say!”

Twilight hesitated, looking at her friends, especially Rainbow Dash. She wanted to retaliate and save Rainbow Dash, but was stopped by Lunar; her Lunar.

“Let me go, Lunar!” Twilight spoke out.

Lunar ignored Twilight's request and advised her that retaliation was not a wise decision at the current moment, given the ponies surrounding them all.

“We need to think with our heads, Twilight,” Lunar said, “acting through emotions is not a wise decision right now.”

“But they have Rainbow Dash!” Twilight continued.

“Get me out of here!” Rainbow Dash pleaded.

“I know, Twilight,” Lunar responded, “we'll get Rainbow Dash back and have our chance for revenge. We just have to be patient and wait for the right time to strike back.”

Twilight groaned, obliging to Lunar's comment. She turned to the Elements of Disharmony and surrendered herself to them. “What do you want from us?”

Lunar Eclipse smirked evilly, moving next to Ragity, his wife. “Come with us. Oh, and don't try anything funny…we have your numbers, peasants.”


“Meeting somepony that looked exactly like our friends, let alone myself, was something that really blew my mind,” admitted Lunar, “but, at the time, that was the least of my worries. The main problem we had to overcome was trying to free ourselves from our capture and find a way home to the Equestria we knew.”

“The fact that we were led to the dungeons in their version of Canterlot really proved to us that just our presence was an issue for them,” added Twilight, “the fact that they even heard about us is astounding.”

“That’s something I’ve always thought myself, Twily,” agreed Lunar, “and I can’t even tell how they knew about us or the Elements of Harmony.”

“So they took you to an alternate version of the Canterlot Dungeons,” Meridian said, “and then what happened? How did you manage to escape their clutches?”

“Well,” answered Lunar, “while we were in the dungeon cell, we met another unicorn by the name of Moonlight Twinkle. Much like ourselves, she had been imprisoned by the ponies we ran into.”

“Moonlight Twinkle?” Meridian repeated.

Twilight nodded, “From what she told us, she was a student to Concord, whom was the ruler of that version of Equestria. She tried to save him when he was trapped and imprisoned by the evil rulers Princesses Solar and Satellite, but had her horn broken off while she was on her quest.”

“Because of Solar and Satellite,” Lunar continued, “the Elements of Harmony in that world had become corrupted and became the Elements of Disharmony, which, in turn, corrupted their users.”

“How did you decide how to plan an escape?” Meridian wondered.

“We used our wits and knowledge that Moonlight and Thistle, her helpful dragon assistant, and planned our escape accordingly,” answered Lunar, “We staged an outrage in the cell and, when it grabbed the attention of the guards, they came inside and tried to stop our friends from fighting. Moonlight, Thistle, Twilight, Spike, and myself all took the opportunity to escape undetected and went searching within the castle for those who were responsible.”

“Solar and Satellite,” Meridian said, “right?”

Lunar nodded, “When they left the throne room to check on the others, we charged into the room and began fighting Cakamena, Ragity, Fancyvain, and Lunar Eclipse. We probably would have won that fight too, but when Solar and Satellite returned with our friends in their grasp, they casted a halting spell on all of us, approaching Twilight and myself menacingly.”


“It seems we've reached an impasse,” Solar said slyly, creeping up towards Twilight and Lunar.

“What do you mean?” Twilight replied, eyeing Solar as she walked from her left to her right.

“Tell you what,” continued Solar, stopping in between Twilight and Lunar, “I'll release your friends and return them to your world on one condition: you work as our slaves for the rest of eternity!”

“I'd never agree to that!” Twilight snapped. She looked to her friends whom were in Satellite's custody. “My friends and I are strong and they know I'd never succumb to something so dangerous as that. We are strong together. We will find a way to defeat you!”

Satellite smirked and stepped forward, glancing at Solar, then at Lunar, “Well then, shall we, sister?”

“We shall!” Solar replied, grimacing at Twilight.

The two regal sisters then shot beams of their powerful, dark alicorn magic towards Twilight and Lunar, hitting them both severely. Twilight cried out in pain, as did Lunar, as the beams hit them both. All their friends could do was helplessly watch in horror as both Twilight and Lunar endured the pain. After a few seconds, the sisters stopped their attacks and looked towards the battered alicorns.

“Now, let's try this again!” Satellite said.

“Work for us and we'll release your friends!” Solar boomed.

Through her pain, Twilight got up and stared into the eyes of Solar.

“No!” She screeched.

“We'll never surrender to the likes of you!” Lunar protested, not looking up from the ground. He was breathing heavily at the current moment.

“Again?” Satellite asked Solar.

“Again,” Solar answered. The two diabolical sisters shot beams of dark alicorn magic once more at Twilight and Lunar.

“Twilight!” The remaining trapped friends gasped. “Lunar!”

“Stop hurting our friends!” Pinkie Pie cried, slamming her hoof against the bubble shield Satellite had trapped them in.

Twilight and Lunar both screamed out in pain again. What Solar and Satellite were trying to do was turn one of the alicorns on themselves, becoming the opposite of what they truly were and corrupting them, in other words. Twilight and Lunar both did their best to try and fight against the magic but it was starting to become unbearable now. The beams stopped once more as Solar and Satellite proceeded to ask the question once more, releasing Twilight and Lunar from the halting spell as well. Battered, both ponies collapsed to the ground.

“Are you willing to work for us in exchange for your friends' release?” Solar barked.

Twilight stumbled to get up, falling back down a few times. She pushed herself to stand back up and show the two evil sisters that her determination outweighed their intentions and, ultimately, managed to stand back atop her own hooves. Looking into Solar's cold red eyes once more, she answered the question asked to her.

“No...” Twilight said, collapsing on the ground once again.

“It;s settled then!” Solar shouted as she and Satellite shot two more beams of magic towards Twilight and Lunar.

“Twilight!” The others cried again. “Lunar!”

The beams hit Twilight and Lunar head on, grounding them both permanently. Twilight shut her eyes, trying desperately to endure the pain being given to her while Lunar did the same.

“Stop!” Rainbow Dash yelled, bashing herself into the bubble shield, trying to break it.

“That's enough!” Moonlight added.

“Yeah,” Applejack continued, “y'all have proven yer point!”

“Stop it!” Rarity screamed.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie both screamed out in horror as they both watched two of their closest friends be tormented by the dark beams of magic. Rainbow Dash was soon joined by Rarity and Applejack in trying to break the shield that was holding them back from helping Twilight and Lunar, ramming into it, kicking it, and blasting it with magic. It was hard work, yet they all carried on, hoping that they could break free and help their friend away.

Within minutes, the three ponies had worked themselves to pieces, but still they kept at it. Twilight and Lunar were still being blasted at by Solar and Satellite, who seemed to be gaining power the longer they struck the royal couple. It was only a matter of minutes, if not, seconds, before it would get to either Twilight or Lunar, either killing them or forcibly making them turn on themselves. With one last effort, Rainbow Dash plowed through the shield, shattering it and causing Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie to fall to the ground.

Applejack and Fluttershy ran in front of Twilight and Lunar respectively, while Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity all charged towards Solar and Satellite. Applejack and Fluttershy were briefly shot with the magic beams, being saved by the other three after they rammed into Solar and Satellite, knocking them from their concentration. By stopping Solar and Satellite, the ponies freed Moonlight, Spike, and Thistle from the halting spell that were keeping them bound to their locations.

“How dare you!” Solar shouted.

“How dare you for blasting our friends!” Rainbow Dash shot back.

“We'll teach you to mess with our friends!” Pinkie Pie snapped.

“Applejack, Fluttershy,” Rarity said, “take Twilight and Lunar to a safer place! We'll handle these monsters, though I hope not to get a hoof dirty in the process. Go!”

Applejack and Fluttershy nodded. They helped Lunar up onto Applejack's back, then Twilight before moving out. The two ponies were very heavy, but Applejack handled heavier loads in the past from her family's Apple Bucking season. Fluttershy led the way away, along with Moonlight and Thistle, as Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie all stood back and fought Solar, Satellite, and the Elements of Disharmony, buying time for the other ponies.


“When we finally woke up,” Lunar explained, “we were in an entirely different room. I didn't really know how we got there, but I was happy to finally be out of harm's way for the time being.”

“What did you do there?” Meridian asked.

“We didn't spend that much time inside the room,” answered Lunar, “since Twilight's magic burst teleported us once more, at least according to our friends. She sneezed and we were transported back to the Equestria we knew – this Equestria. I woke up on a chair inside Twilight's home and rubbed my head a lot. I remember experiencing such a pounding headache and then looking at Twilight collapsed and perched upon a table. We used our available time to come up with a plan on how to get the others back and save that Equestria too, but nothing could come to mind.”

“It was at that time that we decided on asking Princess Celestia for her advice,” Twilight said, “since she's been around long enough to have some advice on really anything.”

“We left for Canterlot and made our way to Princess Celestia,” Lunar continued, “and when we finally reached her and explain our situation to her, she was baffled by how it sounded as well.”

“She did however know of a spell that would allow us to travel back to that dimension,” Twilight stated, “and it came in handy. I casted the spell and transported all of us back to the alternate Equestria.”

“We were standing in between our friends who risked their lives for us and the evil alicorn sisters,” Lunar exclaimed, “and we used the determination to pull through and let us win our inevitable fight against our alter egos. It was hard, but standing alongside our friends was something that made me feel like we couldn't possibly fail, almost like it provided an amazing sense of comfortability.”


“I have returned!” Twilight shouted, staring at Solar and Satellite heavily. “And with the help of my friends, we will defeat you!”

“Oh, how cute,” Solar laughed sarcastically, rolling her eyes in the process.

“We may be slightly outnumbered,” Lunar added, standing next to Twilight, “but our determination will ultimately lead to your downfall and restoration of this world!”

“You must be dreaming,” scoffed Lunar Eclipse, “do you really think you could defeat us? That's a good joke!”

Solar turned to Ragity, telling her to go retrieve the Elements of Disharmony.

“Right away, Your Highness,” answered Ragity.

Twilight and the others stood aligned from left to right in front of Solar, Satellite, and the Elements of Disharmony bearers. Moonlight, Thistle, and Spike all stood close by while the others stood across from their altered self. Once Ragity returned with the five shards that made up the Elements of Disharmony, she gave them to their respective holders.

“Betrayal!” Blackout Crash shouted upon receiving her Element.

“Cruelty!” Bitterfly added.

“Selfishness!” Ragity said.

“Dishonesty!” Fancyvain continued.

“Sadness!” Cakamena concluded.

Standing next to their other fellow Element holders, side by side, the bearers of both the Elements of Harmony and the Elements of Disharmony stared blankly at each other, more specifically, their counterpart, waiting for the other to make a move first. Solar and Satellite stood close by as they were preparing themselves to help out the Elements of Disharmony, just in case something were to go wrong.

Fed up with waiting for something to happen, Rainbow Dash flew towards Blackout Crash and managed to knock her down onto the ground. Meanwhile, Ragity started attacking Rarity with her own magic, shooting beams towards Rarity. Twilight and Lunar both took care of Bitterfly while Pinkie Pie dealt with Cakamena. Applejack charged towards Fancyvain, who refused to fight, for fear that she'd stain the expensive-looking dress she was wearing. Fluttershy, although desperately wanting to help her friends, hid in shame for assuming she would be of no help at all.

Twilight sent a beam of her own alicorn magic towards Bitterfly, successfully hitting her mark. Acting quickly, Bitterfly rose onto her hooves and charged towards Twilight, whom had teleported away just in the nick of time. Upon teleporting to her destination, Twilight and Lunar combined their efforts and sent over a conjoined beam of alicorn magic energy towards Bitterfly. Now containing more power, Bitterfly couldn't find the strength to stand back up after being stricken by the magic, staying grounded as she endured her pain.

Solar and Satellite, who were overlooking the entire fight, saw Bitterfly and Blackout Crash be defeated as if they were nothing. They also saw how Fancyvain refused to fight.

“Come, sister,” Solar shouted, “let us help them out! They need it!”

Solar and Satellite then started charging towards Twilight and Lunar, only to be stopped by two beams of magical energy, one white, one a very dark indigo, hitting them. Twilight turned around and saw that the two beams of magic came from Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

“Princess Celestia,” Twilight sighed happily, “thank goodness you're here.”

Celestia smiled, “No problem, Twilight.” She turned to her sister, “Come, Luna, let us help the ponies out.”

Twilight smiled back, then faced Cakamena, who was giving Pinkie Pie a run for her money. Twilight charged at Cakamena, who managed to jump out of the way at the last second, tripping Twilight over in the process.

“Twilight!” Pinkie Pie called.

“Look out, Twily!” Lunar added.

Twilight looked up as she saw Cakamena preparing to kick off her horn. She rolled out of harm's way at the last second and stared angrily at her.

“I'll teach you to mess with my Twilight!” Lunar angrily shouted. He then sent over a powerful beam of alicorn magic towards Cakamena, whom couldn't handle the strength of it and collapsed to the ground.

Solar and Satellite were displeased with how the Elements of Disharmony performed and, with Lunar Eclipse, stood in front of the collapsed villains.

“Charming,” Solar smirked, “those pitiful ponies couldn't finish the job.”

“So let us finish what they started,” Satellite laughed.

“And we won't fail!” Lunar Eclipse shouted, casting a wave of dark magic around the room.

The room became shrouded in pitch black following Lunar Eclipse's spell. Twilight and company became nervous since they were unable to see where Solar, Satellite, and Lunar were. They began to create the illusion that they were everywhere in the room, when in reality, they were hovering above the others.

“Take this!” Lunar Eclipse yelled, casting a powerful set of dark spells on Twilight and Lunar.

Princess Luna observed the spell and casted a massive defensive shield over everyone. Princess Luna smiled, then proceeded to face Lunar Eclipse.

“Predictable,” Luna said. She flashed her eyes a bright white color, then revealed Solar, Satellite, and Lunar to the rest of the group.

“Great,” Solar smirked.

“Exactly,” Princess Celestia remarked, casting a powerful halting spell on Solar, Satellite, and Lunar Eclipse.

The three evil alicorns grunted, trying to escape the clutches of Princess Celestia's magic. Princess Luna smiled, then proceeded to help her sister by casting a backup halting spell on the three alicorns as well.

Solar, Satellite, and Lunar Eclipse were all left helpless as they were being held down by Celestia's and Luna's magic. Twilight and Lunar, holding hooves, casted a powerful, joint spell on Solar, Satellite, and Lunar.

“Noooo!” Satellite shouted.

“It can't be,” added Solar, “it just can't!”

Some time later, both Solar and Satellite had vanished and the Elements of Disharmony appeared to look different as well as Lunar Eclipse. One notable difference was Cakamena's mane style; now it had matched Pinkie's mane style perfectly!

“Ugh,” Ragity groaned, “wh-what happened?”

Moonlight and Thistle ran over to all their friends, knowing that they had been transformed back into what they once were.

“Oh, Scarcity, Greybow, Fancyjane, Curebug, Party Cake, Lunar!” Moonlight called, wiping a tear from her eye. “Y-You're all alright!”

“Why, whatever do you mean?” Fancyjane asked.

Moonlight looked at Thistle, smiled and winked at him, then back at Fancyjane.

“I'll explain everything later,” she answered.