• Published 1st Mar 2020
  • 1,605 Views, 14 Comments

Hit the Ground Running - Flash_Game



After one day appearing in Equestria, Luis now must face his biggest challenge yet: everyday life in Equestria

  • ...
3
 14
 1,605

The Tailor

Noctis and I stepped out of the stargate and headed to Canterlot's shopping district

"We didn't even need a foalsitter, see?" she said with glee

"I can't believe I forgot about the gates... I mean like, I reprogrammed them and everything!"

"Also Blueblood, but sure, the stargates..."

"I know what you meant, it's just that, instant travel. We'll be back before Nimble is off school. And yes, if we get back late we'll pay Bluey-boy"

"*giggle* That's a new one"

"You know me," I spotted the sign for Elusive's store, "Oh, there it is"

We stopped to look at the suits displayed outside. There was a varied selection of suits, more-party-but-still-formal suits, one with a duster, and a couple that reminded me of Don Cherry. But all with some sort of medieval or fantasy aspect to it. All I could think was that they had too many buttons

"They're... something alright," Noctis said with skepticism

"We'll have to look at more. After you," I opened the door and let her through

"Such a gentlecolt"

"And such fame!" A voice squealed, "I cannot believe the prince is in my shoppe! Please, your majesty, say the word and it shall be done"

Standing by a rack was a white unicorn stallion in a very blue, very shiny suit. This is Elusive, the locals called him eccentric, flamboyant and very, very 'squeaky'

And oh, god... he really is... "Please, treat me normally. I'm not much for vanity or titles," He didn't even bat an eye to Noctis. Interesting...

+0008 XP

He takes a glance around the empty store and clears his throat, "Like I said, your wish is my command," he said but this time his voice was more like RDJ, the change in pitch felt a bit jarring

What the hell?! "Uhhh... Hi, your store was recommended by a friend of mine. I need a suit for the upcoming Gala, and she needs a matching dress"

"Ain't you a little early for said Gala?"

"Aren't you a bit too casual all of the sudden? I mean, you are from Canterlot, no? It's weird someone from here saying 'ain't'"

"Meh. Was never good with all that self-entitlement this here ponies have. I wouldav moved to Ponyville, but they have quite the seamstress already," Elusive said with a bit of resentment, "Anyway, what type of suit and dress are you lookin' for?"

"Something for the GG Gala. Just not too extravagant, we prefer simple. Kind of like..." I do a quick scan of the displays, when a suit caught my attention, "Like that, but more modern if possible," And less buttons, please

"What are you sayin'? That's the most modern, albeit more royal design I have!"

"Sorry, for a second I forgot where I was. Human design is, how should I put it... simple. I mean, suits like this stopped being popular about... 200 years ago? For humans that is"

"Would you, by any chance, be responsible for Miss Rarity's sudden new dress designs?"

"...maaaaybe..."

"..."

"..."

"Could you give me some as well?"

"It only seems fair. Noctis, I-" she was no longer next to me, When did that happen?, I looked around and found her looking at some dresses in the corner, "Noctis, did you find anything you like?"

She walked up to us a bit defeated, "Not exactly, the colours clash with my fur, and the ones that don't clash too much are way too bulky"

"She does have quite the unique coat colour..."

No luck... Oh! I know! "I guess I'll have to give you a dress design as well"

"I'll be honoured"

"Wait, how is the design of this dress?" Noctis intervened a bit worried

"Oh, you'll see," I turned back to Elusive, "Let's go. By the way, will we get a discount?"

"If they're as good as the one you gave Miss Rarity, then it'll be on the house, bro!"


"Rookie, I gotta say, I'm impressed," I said, taking the trainee's hand and standing up

"Thank you, sir. Just trying my best"

In front of me was the newest member of the Royal Guards, Rookie. A pale dark blue coat with navy hair, pretty average until you take him in combat, the guy is a protégé!

"Do or do not, boy, there is no try," I say with a bit of a smirk, I should try following my own advice, I managed to suppress a chuckle

"Were you going easy on me?"

"I go easy on all of you, don't think I think less of you"

"Let's spar at full force. I want to see how much I can still improve," he said with a lot of confidence

All the guards who heard him immediately stopped what they were doing and stared at Rookie

I am going to destroy him... should I do it? "I mean, I don't want to hurt you"

"It's okay, if you don't want to, sir"

Is that mockery?! Ohhhhohohoh boy... I took out my sword now dubbed 'Achilles' and handed it to him, "Here, I'll use the practice sword"

He passed his hand along the blade and the tiny smirk he had vanished, "W-w-wait a moment! This is a real sword!"

"I know..." I took a few steps back and assumed the ataru stance, "Just say the word"

"Uhmm..." he glanced around, taking in the expressions of the other guards. After an audible gulp he said, "Go"

I dropped the sword, force dashed to him, jumped over him using his shoulders as a pivot, grabbed his arms, dropped to the ground and, quickly rolling him over me, had him face down with his arms behind his back

"Lesson two: never underestimate an opponent. Learn to read their strength since not everyone will fight full force at the beginning," I helped him up and continued, "Assess the situation that way, it might just save your life"

"I... I... Thank you. I needed a lesson in humility as well," he dropped to his knees and bowing 'offered' me back my sword, "I will get better, sir"

I stored my sword away and lifted him back to his hooves, "Don't do that... It's weird enough that I'm royalty"

"Luis, you need to stop doing that," Noctis said from behind me, "You're going to scare the new recruits"

I turned to her and said, "If I wanted to scare them... weeeell..." I looked down at my arms remembering all the powers from Prototype, "Anyways, -" Since I got the full control version, I might be able to come up with my own powers... That's terrifying... "- I got stuff to do. Keep practising, guys"

"Ready?" Noctis asked

I gave her a quick peck on the lips, "Give me a second, I need to do something," she nodded and I went to Shining, and whispered to him, "Keep an eye on Rookie. There's something odd about his... skills. Might be my paranoia, but please do me that favour," he nodded, and I made my way back to Noctis, "Let's go! I'm sure he did a fantastic job"


Elusive came from behind the curtain, "Get ready, bro. It's an amazing improvement on the design you gave me, I think you'll appreciate the changes"

Oooh! Getting creative, are we? "I can't wait!"

"Lady Noctis! We're ready!" he shouted

Noctis came out from behind the curtain with a black body-hugging dress, and a small tilted hat. The dress had some rose designs from bottom to the middle of the dress, and a slit going from her mid thigh all the way down on the right side. The hat had a vibrant rose on it's small-ish bow

"How do I look?" Noctis asked, a hint of insecurity hanging in her voice. All I could do was stare, she looked beautiful. "Luis, if it's too much you can say so"

"I- No- It's- You- I mean- Wow..." that was all I could say

"I think he likes it," Elusive stated before turning to me, "Now, your turn, prince"

"Uh huh..." I shook my head to get my thoughts back in order, "I mean... Yeah, my suit," I followed Elusive but stopped with Noctis, "You look gorgeous, like always, but the dress give you a boost," I winked before heading behind the curtains

"Luis..." he pulled a rope and the suit was revealed, "Your suit"

The suit was a simple black tuxedo, black bow tie, black jacket, black pants, white shirt, you know, the classic

"Looks good!" It's James Bond time, yeah! *James Bond theme*

"Sorry I couldn't think of anything to improve upon it"

"This is the classic, come on! Don't sell yourself short! It's awesome!" I encouragingly said, he just sighed, "Okay, fine... how about you add a... red vest and handkerchief?"

"Why a handkerchief?"

"For the breast pocket"

He took on a thoughtful stance, "... yes... Yes. YES! You know quite a bit about fashion, my friend!"

"Not really... just observant," It also helps that that was already an existing style, but I digress

"Now who's selling himself short? I'll be right back," he went into the back of his store in a fast walk and came back not even a minute later with the items, "Here you go, I'll be outside," he said stepping back through the curtains

"Okay, let's see how it fits..." I put on the suit and it was a perfect fit, "Nice!" I said before stepping through the curtain

"Wow..." Noctis managed to say, her mouth hung slightly

"How do I look?"

"I... Dear Celestia give me strength... You look great! Very handsome..."

"Hey! What do you mean 'dear Celestia give me strength'? I don't look that bad do I?" I jokingly said with a smirk

She signalled me to get close, so I did, as soon as I was in front of her, she pulled me for a long kiss

She finally broke the kiss after a small while, "I guess she didn't give me enough strength"

I was just there, mouth half open, smirking to myself, "Hehehe..."

"OH! Prince! Lady Noctis! Please, come!" Elusive said returning to his squeaky facade

I did a small scan of the room to confirm my suspicions, and I was right, there were other people inside now, Elusive has a very human attitude, it's weird

He stopped in front of a wall mirror, "Would you take a look at the royal couple! You look simply divine!"

Noctis and I took position before the mirror, and he was right, everything went together exceptionally well. The designs complementing each other's attire, "Fantastic! How much?"

"Oh, prince, please follow me to my office," he took lead to the back of the store into an office and closed the door behind us, "Please," his voice was back to the lower pitch, "The designs and ideas are payment enough. You have no idea how difficult it is to come up with fashion nowadays"

Judging by earth's fashion show, I think I have an idea... "Are you sure, I mean, we don't mind," Noctis nodded in agreement

"Please, it's no issue," he dismissed my attempt once again

"Fine. You win," Ponies. Generous to a fault sometimes...

"Now, Luis, let's get ready. Nimble is about to get off school," Noctis said

"Right! If you'll excuse us..."

"Wait! You adopted Nimble? As in Nimble Gust? HA! The world is such a small place," Elusive said with excitment and happiness

Wait what?! "You... know Nimble?"

"Know him? I almost adopted him!" he gave a hearty laugh before continuing, "I couldn't be a great father though, I barely have time for my wife as it is"

"You're married??" Noctis asked with thick confussion

"I mean, yeah, why wouldn't I- Oh... HAHAHahaha! You though-? It's just a facade! Ponies don't trust a masculine designer in terms of high class clothing"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I'm not used to being outside the castle this much"

"My wife said the same thing. She's a batpony as well, her name is Belle"

"That's a-" something seemed to click in Noctis's head, "Wait! It couldn't be... The Belle??!" Elusive nodded, "I always wandered what became of her"

Awesome, I'm the only one not in the loop... "So, don't mind me asking but, who is this Belle?"

"She's only the most awesome guard pony EVER!" Noctis took a deep breath to relax, "She used to guard Tartarus before I did. Also, about seven years ago, she single handedly stopped an Abyssinian invasion"

Wait a minute! The cats tried to invade?

"Oh, you probably don't know what an Abyssinian is," she said with a bit of regret

"Big, biped cats. I know," Noctis was all excited and was about to continue, but I stopped her, "We have to go, you can tell me another time"

"Right, sorry..."

"Well, Elusive, it's been a pleasure," we shared a handshake, "Maybe we could go out for a drink one day. Meet the only other human in this world too"

"That sounds great"

Noctis and I changed back to our normal clothes, except that Noctis took my hoodie for herself saying she felt cold, Of course... she looks really cute though, hmmm... Fine, she can keep it. Nothing too interesting happened afterwards, we got home Twilight was being persecuted by a mob wanting tickets, you know, the usual here in Equestria, utter madness

Author's Note:

"Well... I am a few chapters ahead now" I would love to say that, but I was stuck on the next chapter for a very long time, but I'm moving now. Next chapter should be done soon, but I'm still going to upload very sparingly though (probably 2-5 months, may be less than 4 Actually I've change my mind, it's going to be when I think they're done), just giving myself time to read and re-read each chapter. I want to catch spelling mistakes and story thing and stuff