• Published 27th Mar 2020
  • 5,452 Views, 166 Comments

Eric Sparkle and the Locket of Prophecies - Skywalker215



A little boy named Eric ends up in Equestria after making a magical wish for a better life and a family.

  • ...
7
 166
 5,452

Chapter 3: Adoption/Meeting the Grandparents

“So you three are trying to find your true talents by going out and trying new skills,” Eric said.

“That’s right,” Scootaloo replied.

The four friends went to gorge themselves on the pastries, so too did Twilight and the others. Just then, the mayor was making her announcement.

“Attention, everypony, for those of you who haven’t met him yet, I want to introduce you to our newest resident, Eric,” she said.

“Hi, Eric,” everypony said in unison.

“Hi, everyone, and thank you all for your kind welcome,” Eric replied.

Soon night was falling, and Eric was plenty tired, he came up to Twilight and her friends and thanked them for the party.

“You look tired after all we did today, here climb on,” Twilight said.

She then carried Eric back to the castle and put him in the bed.

“Good night, Eric,” said Twilight as she covered up.

“Good night, Twilight,” Eric replied in a tired tone.

Once asleep, Eric began dreaming about being back in Seattle.

”You’re coming with me, kid,” Mr. Horvath said.

He grabbed him by the arm and took him to the orphanage.

”Let me go!” he shouted.

”Quiet, you little rat,” the man said angrily.

Once at the orphanage, Mr. Horvath grabbed him by the arm and dragged him inside, until a bright blue, magical light was shining.

“Let the boy go!” Princess Luna said in her Royal Canterlot voice.

”Aaahh...who turned on the lights, my ears are hurting,” Mr. Horvath said.

“You shall not haunt Eric again, now leave before I zap you!” Princess Luna shouted.

The headmaster fled the area running in severe shock and fright.

”Never again shall your dreams be haunted again, you can sleep in peace now,” Princess Luna said.

”Thank you, Princess Luna,” Eric replied.

She then went to help other sleeping ponies in their dreams. Eric then opened his eyes and found himself wrapped in Twilight’s forelegs and he now knew for sure that he was safe in her bed, then drifted back asleep. The next morning, Eric woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking.

“Good morning, Eric,” Twilight said.

“Morning, Twilight,” Eric replied.

“How did you sleep last night?” Twilight asked.

“A lot better, thanks to Princess Luna,” Eric replied.

Once again it was eggs and pancakes for breakfast, Eric started eating along with Twilight and Spike. Once they were finished with breakfast, Twilight and Eric went out the door.

“What are we going to do today, Twilight?” Eric asked.

“I’m taking you to Canterlot, and there is something I want to do for you,” Twilight said.

“What do you have in mind?” Eric wondered.

“You’ll find out when we get there, climb on,” Twilight replied.

She lowered herself, Eric climbed on and held on tight, and she flew him to Canterlot. As Twilight flew, Eric hung on for dear life, he was shaking and his eyes were closed until they got to the castle.

“Where are you headed, Twilight?” Eric asked.

“I am going to city hall,” Twilight replied.

“What are you gonna do that for?” Eric asked.

“It’s a surprise, now why don’t you go meet Princess Celestia in the garden, I’ll be back shortly,” Twilight said.

Eric nodded in response, and he went to the garden.

“Hi, Princess Celestia,” said Eric.

“Eric, what brings you here?” the princess asked.

“Twilight has a surprise for me, and it involves city hall,” Eric replied.

“I think I know what she has in mind,” Princess Celestia said.

“What’s that?” Eric asked.

“She wants to adopt you as her son,” Princess Celestia replied.

As they walked through the garden, Princess Celestia explained to Eric about how Twilight became a princess, as he was also amazed by all the pretty plants in the garden.

“It’s beautiful here in the garden, Princess,” Eric said.

“I’m glad you like it, Eric, since you’re here, I’d like you to meet my pet,” Princess Celestia replied.

Having shown him the garden, Princess Celestia led Eric back inside the castle.

“Eric, this is Philomena, my pet phoenix,” Princess Celestia said.

“What’s a phoenix?” Eric asked.

“Phoenixes are birds with red and yellow feathers, they burst into flame when they molt, and they instantly regrow their feathers,” Princess Celestia explained.

“Hi, Philomena,” Eric said.

The phoenix gave Eric a wave with her wing and flew over to him, then perched on his arm and nuzzled his face.

“She likes you, I think she wants you to pet her,” Princess Celestia replied.

Eric stroked Philomena on her chest and on her head, before she flew back to her perch. As soon as Twilight came back, Eric gave Princess Celestia a goodbye hug.

“Bye, Celestia,” Eric said.

“It was good to see you again, Eric,” Princess Celestia replied as she gave him a wave.

Twilight and Eric walked out of the castle, then she revealed a scroll from her saddlebag.

“What’s on that scroll?” Eric asked.

“It’s an adoption certificate, the reason I brought you here to Canterlot is because I wanted to adopt you, now it’s done and your wish is granted,” Twilight explained as she pulled Eric into an embrace.

“Princess Celestia mentioned this,” Eric replied.

“I love you, my son,” Twilight said.

“I love you too...mommy,” Eric replied.

Once Twilight and Eric gently broke their embrace, she showed him around the city.

“While we’re here, I’d like you to meet my parents,” Twilight said.

“Mommy, can I hold your wing?” Eric asked.

“Sure, sweetie,” Twilight replied.

Soon, Twilight and Eric made their way to her foalhood home, her parents were there.

“Mom, Dad, this is Eric, your new grandson,” Twilight said.

“Hi there, kiddo/Hello, dearie,” said Night Light and Velvet.

“It’s good to meet the both of you,” Eric replied.

They showed him the family photos, he noticed one of Twilight as a filly.

“Is that you, Mommy?” Eric asked.

“Yes, sweetie, when I was your age,” Twilight replied.

Night Light and Velvet showed Eric another photo of filly Twilight along with a certain white unicorn and pink alicorn.

“Grandpa, who are the other ponies in the photo?” Eric asked.

“That’s Cadance and Shining Armor,” Night Light replied.

“Your aunt and uncle,” Twilight said to Eric.

All of a sudden, there was a faint rumbling noise.

“Whoa, my stomach’s talking to me,” Eric said.

“Would you like a fruit salad?” Velvet asked.

“Yes, please,” Eric replied.

Soon, the salad was ready and Velvet passed the bowl to Eric.

“Thanks, Grandma,” he said.

“You’re welcome, dearie,” Velvet replied.

As soon as Eric was finished eating, Night Light and Velvet showed him more family photos, particularly ones of Twilight and Spike when they were little.

“The both of us were very happy when Twilight brought Spike home, we’ve always had a special place in our hearts for him, just as we now have for you,” Night Light said.

“Welcome to the family, Eric,” Velvet replied.

“Thanks, Grandpa, you too, Grandma,” Eric replied.

The four of them got into a group hug.

“It was good to meet you, Eric,” Velvet said as she and Night Light waved goodbye.

“See you soon, Grandma and Grandpa,” Eric replied while waving in response.

Twilight and Eric proceeded to the train station, with tickets in possession, they boarded the train.

“Where are we off to now, Mommy?” Eric asked.

“We’re going to the Crystal Empire, it is past the mountains just north of here,” said Twilight.