• Published 30th Oct 2019
  • 1,472 Views, 97 Comments

She Kills Monsters - chiko



After losing her sister, Rarity buries herself in her work. Just as lost, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, armed with a personal Ogres & Oubliette's module, try to help the seamstress open more than just her boutique.

  • ...
3
 97
 1,472

Sisters

"MOM! Tell Rarity to stop hogging the bathroom!”

Sweetie Belle pounded her fist against the door. There was no answer. “I know you’re in there. Get out!”

Misty vapors escaped from the bathroom as Rarity opened the door. She wore a crown made of a pristine white towel and a matching dress. She looked down her nose at her younger sister and scowled.

Sweetie Belle rushed past her, slipping under her sibling’s arm and grasping for her toothbrush.

“Aren’t you going to shower?”

“No thyme,” Sweetie said, her mouth full of fluoride. She used her free hand to comb through her hair. “I’m gonna be late.”

“If you didn’t want to wait, you’d wake up earlier,” Rarity chastised, adjusting the towel at her chest. “Heaven knows you need to spend more time on your appearance.”

Incensed, Sweetie Belle leapt at Rarity, tackling her to the ground and pulling at her sister’s wet hair. The two sisters struggled. Globs of toothpaste bathed in spit dribbled onto Rarity’s face with every snarled swear. Rarity fought back with one arm, desperately clinging to keep her towel in place. She dug her nails into her sister’s shoulder.

“Girls, stop it!”

Sweetie was pulled off her sister, restrained by a deceptively powerful set of doughy arms. Rarity lay on the ground, rubbing her stinging cheek.

“You’re sisters,” their mother lectured. “I’d expect this from a pair of unruly boys.” She sighed. “Rarity, get dressed and drive your sister to school. Sweetie Belle, take a shower.”


The car ride was awkward.

Sweetie Belle silently stewed in the passenger seat. She was up to her knees in discarded trash and dirty clothes. Apparently, Rarity’s vanity did not extend to her car.

She kicked her legs up on the dashboard.

“Feet off,” Rarity snapped, applying a base of concealer over the forming bruise.

The little sister made a face but did what she was told. At least we’re at a red light. She reached for the radio. Rarity slapped her hand away.

With no other real options, she turned to her phone and checked MyStable to kill time. Glancing up, she sneered once she realized her sister was turning into a parking lot. “You said we were going straight to school.”

“We are,” Rarity said, unbuckling her seatbelt and exiting the car. “This is right on the way.”

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes and stared back at her phone.

SB: I’m gonna be late >:(

Apple Bloom sent back prayer hands emojis.

She went back to her timeline, finding cute videos of kittens, an update from Apple Bloom’s cousin from Manehattan, and a selfie of Rarity and the ridiculously sweet drink she ordered for breakfast. Sweetie Belle gagged. Despite what her name implied, that much sugar sounded disgusting to her.

After an agonizing wait, Rarity reentered the car, carrying a single drink topped with a mountain of whipped cream. Sweetie Belle’s stomach gurgled.

“Oh, did you want something?”

Sweetie crossed her arms. “No.”

She was late to school.