• Published 23rd Dec 2019
  • 767 Views, 2 Comments

The Eye of Somnus - Ugly-Duckling123



Dash gets her hooves on a fun artifact.

  • ...
2
 2
 767

Shy Fluttershy into Braver Fluttershy

"Rainbow?" Fluttershy asked quietly, but just loud enough for her friend to hear her.

"Huh? Oh hey Flutters" Rainbow Dash said getting up "What's up?"

"Well... um... just... why were you just laughing at Rarity?" Fluttershy asked, Angel Bunny hopping off her back and over to look at the thing around the loud-winged-pony's neck.

"What?" Rainbow asked gasping "I would never laugh at Rarity. She merely told me something I found to be funny. That's all."

"Oh ok." Fluttershy said too shy to fight back what she believed to be the truth.

Feeling a tugging from the chain holding the Eye of Somnus around her neck, Rainbow looked down and saw Angel pouting at looking up at her a not-too-pleased-about-this look on his tiny face.

"What do you want furball?" Rainbow said pulling the Eye out of his paws.

Angel pointed to Fluttershy who had just cried out and leapt into a bush because a few streets away there was a loud CRASH, and then pointed at the Eye, and then struck a poise of someone being brave.

"You want me to make Fluttershy braver?" Rainbow asked making sure she understood.

Angel nodded smiling.

"Just so you know this only lasts until sunrise tomorrow morning," Rainbow said getting a shrug from the rabbit as she helped Fluttershy out of the bush.

"Oh, sorry Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said quietly looking around for possible danger "I guess I still get scared even after everything we've been through the last few years."

"That's alright Flutters," Rainbow said activating the Eye "You are braver than you think."

"I... am braver than I think..."

"You are brave enough to do whatever you want, as long as you don't end up hurting yourself from it."

"Brave enough to do... whatever I want..."

Thinking that would be enough, Rainbow shut the eye off and looked to Angel who nodded in approval and hopped up onto Fluttershy's back.

"How you feeling Fluttershy?" Rainbow asked smiling.

Fluttershy looked up, a new stronger look coming over her.

Instead of crouching low to the ground she was standing tall. Her mane which normally covered her face so other ponies wouldn't be able to see her was now pulled back. Her wings which were normally clutched tightly to her sides were spread out wide looking like they were itching to do some flying.

"Puff, what a dumb question Rainbow, I'm fine." Fluttershy said strongly - not mean strongly, loud enough that you didn't need to ask her to repeat what she said strongly.

"Well in that case, want to do some flying with me?" Rainbow asked smiling "I've been looking for someone to help me with my new moves all day."

"Sure," Fluttershy said looking around "Race you to the top of that hill!" and without even waiting for Rainbow to be ready Fluttershy shot off, Angel Bunny holding on to her mane.

Grinning and making sure the Eye was around her neck correctly, Rainbow took off after her, obviously beating her, but Fluttershy did better in racing than she would have if she weren't 'this brave'.

For the rest of the day, Rainbow and Fluttershy were working on flying moves together and even had a few more races and even went to go see Fluttershy's animal sanctuary where there was some trouble because a new bear was trying to take over the wolf pack's territory.

Instead of helping here, Rainbow Dash let Fluttershy handle it, wondering if her friend would be able to do this even if she wasn't hypnotized to be braver.

At the end of the day, the two Pegasi departed and Rainbow went home not even caring that she might get told off tomorrow about how 'irresponsible' and 'impolite and mean' hypnotizing others could be.