• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 525 Views, 8 Comments

Pinkie's Downfall - EveryponySmile



Pinkie Pie, the happiest pony in Equestria, is feeling... well, sad. Depression, actually. Oh no.

  • ...
 8
 525

Chapter 1

"Gummy! Whooo wants some food?"

I call to my pet alligator, Gummy. He stares at me. I set down the dish so he can eat. Of course, he just ambles on over, and eats. That's what happens in his life. I wonder what he thinks. What does he do when I'm gone? At the very least, he seems to be fooled by my mask of delirious happiness. Everypony is. Just party. Crack jokes. Sing. But to be honest, what's the point?? I feel like I'm swirling into a never ending, milky black hole of sadness. Nightmares about me, torturing and killing my friends. Baking them into cupcakes. But I always have straight hair though. Always. I guess talking about it would help... I brush my pink hair off my eyes and head to the library.

Bouncing over, I think. More like I hum. Better to fool everypony! Don't want everypony to be sad, just because of my silly willy little problems! When I get to the library, I knock on the door. "Twiiilight!!! It's me! Pinkie!"

A frazzled Twilight Sparkle opens the door. "Oh! It's you Pinkie." She gives a short breathy laugh. "Come in!"

When I do come in, I see a huge pile of books, here, there... on the ceiling? "Gee Twilight! Looks like you've got some cleaning to do!!" That's another thing I do to much, I blurt. Sometimes, I think it might hurt my best friends feelings, which gets me thinking about every mistake I've made. Which makes me swirl into the milky black hole again. Sigh.

Twilight just rolled her eyes. "What'cha come for Pinkie?" She sends books flying into their place, snug and happy. "I wanted to talk to you about nightmares Twi. I've been having them every night..." "Pinkie. They're just nightmares. They're not real." Then, she accidentally cuts herself with paper. She cursed, then heals it up again with her magic. But they're's a drop of blood on the floor. I feel my pupils shrink. My heart hammers. I start to remember the dream I had last night...

"Time to MURDER!!!" Pinkie laughed, wielding the knife so it shines in the dim lighting.
Twilight screamed, the knife went in, and Pinkie was laughing. Laughing. Then Twilight's cutie mark fell to the ground...

"Pinkie? Pinkie? Are you alright?" I shook my head, to clear my creepy dreams... "Do you need to talk?" Twilight looked worried. She was worrying about my problems! She didn't need to worry! I... I....

I ended up pouring it all out to Twilight. I was screaming by the end, I saw some pink curly hairs in my hooves. I'm vaguely aware my scalp's stinging, my eyes watering. Twilight looked grave. "I'm sorry I made you worry..." I said. Wasn't that what I didn't want anypony to do? I failed myself, my friends... I wanted to cry. I guess I already am. "Pinkie. I'm really sorry I didn't take you seriously before. Come back to my library tomorrow. "

Now! I've done it!!! I nodded a little and left. I hugged Gummy a bit and cried myself to sleep on the floor. To those horrible, horrible dreams. While I was drifting off, the phrase "Time to MURDER!!!" bounced around in my head.

I woke up to the sound of screeching. The sun was drifting into my window, and the screaming stopped. I felt cramped. I stretched my hooves, legs, and rolled my neck. Then I looked at the clock. 11:15. "Guess its time for some-"

I stopped mid thought. I ran out the door, making a beeline to the library. "I'm LAAAAAATTTEEE!"