• Published 30th Dec 2019
  • 2,520 Views, 43 Comments

Improperly Wiped Hard Drive - Carmine Craft



So there I am, suddenly existing, not remembering a thing about who I was before. Fortunately I didn't loose all of my memories, just the ones that were personal. From what i do have, i think i was a human, but now Im a pegasus, in a world like mlp.

  • ...
7
 43
 2,520

Chapter 2: Continuing Confusion. Meet the Family

'I do believe that these two pegasi are too oddly happy to notice my expression, otherwise they might be worried.'

I was having trouble easing the scowl I was wearing, and every time I saw something that didn't mesh with what my memories told me was 'normal', it came back full force. I closed my eyes and drew in deep calming breaths.

'Alright, focus... me, crap I still don’t recall my name... I woke up in a hospital, and I'm now a mythical creature... that's not helping. Brain! How 'bout a little bit earlier than that, what was I doing before I woke up here?'

Processing request.

'Brain, there is nothing here.'

affirmative.

'Smart ass! Why is there nothing here? I know I was doing something, somewhere!'

Searching memories.

'Hurry up.'

Memory found, initiate playback?

'What else?'

Playing memory.

"-Water is then heated by the sun, and turned into vapors, the water vapors will then rise over the ocean, to turn into clouds and travel inland-"

'Why are you playing the water cycle? I want something useful, personal.'

Playback stopped.

'Why do you function like some crappy computer from the seventies...'

Searching for answer...

'Dammit...'

"-nd we can finally take her home! Oh, we will need to get that room all cleaned up, you can't have a newborn foal getting rained on by an ill taken care of ceiling." The wo-mare's voice broke through my concentration, and renewed my confusion.

'They didn't keep the babies room clean, hold on, "rained on?" it's not even finished? The fuck? How do they expect their kid to survive the friggen night in a room that has a busted ceiling!?

...

... Fuck, their talking about me aren't they.'

"I've got some guys coming over. They’re going to drain all the clouds on the new addition-"

'The Fuck?

"-and panel the ceiling, she'll be as cozy as she can be," the stallion said.

'Ugh... I need to get in on this conversation before I go insane...'

Answer found.

'Oh thank God!'

Cause = unknown.

'Ffffack!'

"Aww, look at her flare her wittle wings~" the mare said, bringing me back to reality once more, my internal frustration was shown by my grumpy frown, which was coincidentally pointed at the stallion. "I think she likes me better~" she giggled

'Bite me!'

"Ouch, already rejecting your father, that hurts Glitter," the stallion said in mock pain, holding a hoof over his chest dramatically.

'Fuck off!'

"Aww, such big growls from such a tiny filly~!" The mare gushed, rolling me around in her hooves so that she was holding me like one holds a puppy. Suffice it to say this irked me. "So cute~" she cooed, rubbing her cheek against the top of my head.

'I will murder your god damn family!!'

I tried to twist around in her grip. She must have gotten the message, 'cause she spun me around to face her. With the first part of my vengeance done for me, I reared back my arm and punched her in the muzzle.

"Okay, I gotta admit, that's adorable, the way she just booped you on the nose." the husband chuckled at the confused look in his wife's face, she was staring cross eyes at the hoof that just lightly papped her on the muzzle, with absolutely no force behind it. She soon joined her husband in laughter.

Curse these tiny ass adorable pink hooves! Brain! Plan B!'

Unable to locate the file labeled ‘Plan B,’ generating ‘Plan C.’

'God dammit! someone, something make sense already!'

The door to the room opened, admitting the doc who had been here before, along with another stallion, this one was purple as a plum and had a white mane, he also was sans any wings or horns. He looked older than either of the other males in the room, but was nowhere near old age, yet his eyes spoke of boundless experience. Said eyes did a double take when they landed on me. "Well ah'll be..." he drawled in a thick southern accent. "so the Drops' kid really did..."

"You must be Doctor Syringe?" The stallion asked.

'The hell kinda name is that!?'

"Indeed Mister Rain," Doc Syringe said, accent completely absent, he sounded more like a "hot" tv doctor, like those on House MD or Grey's Anatomy now.

'Why do I know more about stupid TV shows than myself!?'

"I'm the one who gave the final diagnosis of your daughter, Glitter Drops. I oversaw all of her tests, would you mind?" he tilted his head in my direction.

"By all means, doctor," the mare holding me said, holding me away from herself, if a bit reluctantly.

The wings attached to my spine flared out automatically to keep myself from falling.

'The crap? how do I work these things?'

Searching for native functions...

'Eh?'

Once more I was engulfed in glowing ghastly gel, this time from head to... tail. my wings started panickedly flapping as I was brought closer to the medical staff. "Hmm, standard reaction..." Syringe noted softly, his accent returning. "Soft Touch, if you would?"

"Yes sir." A pen light floated out of the now named stallion’s coat pocket, flicked on and floated up to my eyes. I clamped them shut and hissed, rubbing my eyes with my wrist, and swatted away the pen with my free appendage.

"Exaggerated reaction to stimulus." Syringe scribbled something down, surprise in his voice, I began glaring daggers at him once the spots left my eyes.

"Alright, now we will test her reflexes, Doctor Touch." A little rubber marble was floated around and knocked against the joints of my body. Each limb tested extended upon the mild impact, apparently satisfying the doctors.

"Air manipulation," the sadistic stallion commanded, Soft Touch obeyed, a little reluctantly once he saw my non-verbal promise for bodily harm to the guy giving orders.

My wing was gingerly pulled straight, intent on ending this foolishness I contracted every muscle I could, snapping the appendages to my sides. Syringe quirked an eyebrow at me, and reached forward a hoof to touch my left wing, I hissed at him as his hoof moved closer, then snapped my jaws at him with a click when he didn't seem to get the message. "Hmm, something tells me you don't like me." he said with a hint of amusement, I gave him the 'You just now noticing this?' look.

"Uhh, doctors, is this really necessary? It- I don't think she likes this," the mare said, drawing mine and the doctors' attention. The couple were looking between me and the medical professionals uncertainty.

"We're just being thorough," Soft Touch assured. "when we ran the tests earlier, we didn't pick up any activity in her brain, we just want to make sure she is healthy," he winced, I was taking the lull in tests to thrash about in the bubble holding me aloft, and whatever I was doing, he could feel.

My thrashing was apparently doing more to me than to him though, as I could feel the burning of my muscles steadily increase. I was forced to take a breather, during which I noticed how heavy my eyelids were, I gave a few more futile attempts to escape, but it was no use, my tiny form was no match for the whatever-the-hell the full grown stallion was doing to keep me suspended, and I passed out.

It was a dreamless sleep, but it did give me the time I needed to calm down. When I next woke up, I had been given enough time to properly absorb all of this new information, even if it was information that spat in the face, flipped the bird at, and ran over the shins of everything I knew, with a ridiculously expensive car.

When I opened my eyes, I was comfortably resting on the back of the mare, while the stallion was fumbling with some keys, and we were in front of some wooden door, I assume the door to their house. The door was unlocked, and our group moved inside. It was ugly looking. Everything from the walls, floor, and ceiling, to the furniture, was covered-in/made-out-of this fluffy white material. Here and there was the odd wooden chair, but for the most part, it was all uniformly fluffy carpet stuff. I took a moment to look around, and was not pleased, even the kitchen counter was made of this stuff!

'The heck is all this? Did somebody go overkill with the baby proofing or something?'

"Welcome home little one," the mare softly cheered, settling down on the fluffy white couch. She sighed contentedly and then looked over her shoulder at me. "Oh! you're up already?" She giggled, nuzzling my forehead. The stallion soon joined her, and nuzzles were handed out to everyone like it was going out of style.

'Ugh, all this touchy feely crap is gonna get old... What the heck are these guys names anyway? All I remember is "Mr. Rain" and "Glitter Drops," I'm fairly certain that second one is supposed to be me.

A knock at the front door drew their attention. "I'll get it," Mr. Rain said with a smile.

The door was opened, and an orange pegasus came in, or something like one. His slitted yellow eyes matched his broad smile, his leathery bat wings were also worth noting. "Afternoon Cobalt! how's the missus?" he greeted jovially.

"Swift Nails," Cobalt nodded, "She's fine, better now even, you wanna say hello to a certain little filly?"

"You mean she's... yes, very much so!" Swift practically bounced over to the couch we were on. "Hey there Glitter, it's good to meet you, I'm your uncle, Swift Nails." he held out a hoof to me.

'Hold up, Uncle?' I looked from him to Cobalt, pointing my... foreleg, sporting my usual look of confusion. 'But you two don't...' I pointed from him to the mare I was lying on, my frown deepening. 'and she doesn't... wha?' I tilted my head to the left, trying to puzzle out this new conundrum.

Everyone else in the room found my reaction hilarious. "Yes Glitter, he does look a bit different huh? he takes after you grandma, Swift Wings." Cobalt explained.

’But, but, but, bat horse? how, why, How?'

My pointing became more frantic, which earned another round of chuckles from Cobalt and the mare. "Jeez, you'd think she's never seen a thestral before," Swift joked.

'That’s it, I give up...'

File "instincts" found. Initialize?

'What the... oh, wait, what, oh right, you went to find something or whatever. Sure go ahead.'[i/]

I laid my head down on the yet-to-be-named mare's barrel. The next second, I was suddenly much more aware of myself, all the muscles I was just yanking on to move suddenly made perfect sense, and I noticed that I not only had wings, mobile ears, and absolutely zero fingers, but I also possessed a tail.

'Woah, what the hell? Brain, what did you do?'

"Instincts" has been installed successfully, and has been activated. Brain.OS running update...

'Brain? What does that mean? Brain? oh, you're updating, I guess I'm on my own for now, at least I don't have to spend days learning how to work everything. Let's see'

I lifted my head back up and looked down at my hooves, testing every muscle in them.

'Forelimbs, check. Hind legs, check.'

I looked over my shoulder and stretched out my new feathery appendages, giving them each two test flaps.

'Wings, check.'

I folded my third pair of limbs to my sides, now resting in a comfortable position instead of just holding them still. I leaned back a bit farther, and flicked another new muscle group. A wave of blue hairs responded.

'Tail, check. I guess everything works-' A certain muscle group in the same general area made itself known. I'm a girl? I... don't have an opinion about that one way or the other... odd.' I shook my head clear. 'Now then mental inventory.'

I curled my legs underneath myself once more, returning to the position I first woke up in at the hospital in, and laid my head back down on the mare’s chest. I heard a few ‘aww’s at my actions, but paid them no mind as they went back to their conversation.

'Okay, now then, earliest memories... agriculture, no... videos, no... movies... political information, well that's useless... books, dolphin biology, video games... nothing is... why don't I have anything earlier than the hospital... I know I learned all of these things before I was there... and I had to have been something other than a winged horse... but why don't I have any memories? even the videos and stuff, it's got no... opinion, it's just information... what the heck happened to me?'

I shifted uneasily, a light frown pulling at my muzzle. I picked out some random memories, looking for anything that might tell me who I was before this. eventually I noticed something, a certain string of memories, I hit play and reviewed the information.

'Dunno what happened to all the memories of me, or why I have all this information if I really am supposed to be this "Glitter Drops" but at least I have lots of entertainment.'

I sighed.

Author's Note:

Hi, heres a chapter!

Fyi, this story does not take place only in the past, we have some present chapters aswell!

Those will be up later, naturally, meanwhile, feel free to check out my other stories while I try and not make any more!