• Published 13th Aug 2012
  • 732 Views, 5 Comments

No Turning Back - MKIIPro121996



A Normal night for a Stallion turns brutal, and nopony rushes to his assistance.

  • ...
 5
 732

It's... All over.

I was on my way home from Sugarcube corner. The wedding had just ended and Pinkie Pie was hosting one of her signature parties to celebrate. Not only was the party amazing, it was downright awesome. Vinyl was dropping her heaviest tracks, like Bass Cannon and Magical World. And out of all ponies, who knew Princess Celestia would be the one wandering aimlessly around with a lampshade over her head. She must have been hyped up on all the caffeine and whatever was in the energy drinks I had brought. I was tempted to question her, but being the shy pony that I am, I just couldn't muster up the courage to do so. Outside, the Wonderbolts were performing their latest tricks, along with Rainbow Dash. I couldn't handle hurtling towards the ground at more than 700 mph just to show off. Though, it would be a different experience. All of this just for the newlywed, Shining Armour and Princess Cadence. They were just so happy compared to me.

I hadn't ever talked to a mare before, not even Rainbow Dash. I had a huge crush on in the years before when we attended Flight school together. Let's just say... that she was something different compared to everypony else. Her soft, colourful, flowing mane, deep rose eyes, and beautiful wings. She wasn’t another regular pegasus to me. She defined the word “Sharp.” And did it very well.

I had only about four glasses of soda in me, and I decided to call it a night. I was feeling kind of weary, and my eyes were only getting heavier with every passing second. I wanted to catch the train back to Canterlot, so that I wouldn't have to fly so far. it would be a long walk to the station, it was about a mile and a half away. It was two in the morning, and the next train left at three. I could take my time getting there. I could have stayed overnight at Sugarcube Corner. It was a dumb decision not to. They even offered me a room when I arrived at the party.

I then began my trip to the station. I remember seeing somepony hopping from rooftop to rooftop hurriedly. I remember that he was heavily armoured and only appeared as a silhouette against the moonlit sky. Not a minute later, I heard 6 loud bangs, and gasping ponies. ‘Somepony must’ve been shot,’ I thought to myself. ‘This can not be good...’ The eerie, cloudy night sky and dense fog only made everything seem worse. I picked up my pace towards the station, fearing that I would be a victim myself. By the time I got to last corner I had to make before I got to the train station, I was at a full sprint. I was desperate to make it to the station alive. Though, something was in my way.

That thing was a bulky, muscular stallion who was holding an aggressive stance in front of me. He had a pistol attached to his hoof, a Glock, just as I had thought. A .45 ACP, just not any old 9mm. A string was tied around the trigger leading to his mouth. There were four loud, delayed bangs, and it felt like I had been shocked by a high voltage current. I jolted only three times, he must’ve missed me once. It took me a second to recompose myself.

I heard the sound of his hooves quickly galloping off after I hit the ground. I lied there in the middle of the road in pain. Very, Very deep pain. I was helpless. Nopony would ever be outside after that many gunshots. I had no choice but to lie on the cold cement waiting for death to come and take me away. I could hear Vinyl's music from where I lie. It was impossible for anypony at the party to hear the gunshots. I wanted to call out, but I couldn't speak. I was in shock and everything was soon growing dark. I was losing blood fast. The pain was excruciating. It was like no other feeling of pain I had ever experienced before. I had tried to get up countless times but it was all to no avail. I painfully lifted my head to try and look over myself for where the stallion had hit me. I only counted three, he did miss one. Both my front legs and left flank were hit. I dropped my head heavily to the ground and tried calling for help. I was able to get something out, but it was subtle and raspy.

"Somepony..? Please... help me...? I've been shot.. Somepony... Please... call an ambulance for me..? Please..?"

“Damn it, it's not worth it. Nopony cares, never has, or ever will.." "What difference does it make..? I can't get up, there's nopony around, they all ran off when this jerk shot somepony else around the corner, and they were probably even more frightened when he shot me. I might as well just stay here and let myself go."

There was absolutely nothing I could do but lie there and just die. I felt absolutely useless. I was going to die now and with what? Nothing. I had nothing in my life.

It wasn't much longer until I decided to look at my wounds again. The blood I had lost created a pool around me and I was starting to lose my breath. I couldn't keep my eyes open and I dropped my head to the ground again.

"Well.. this looks like... it's going to end.. right here.. in the middle of the road lying in my own blood. What a damn way to go. Thanks for everything, you thoughtless pile of shit."

I tried calling one last time, but nothing came out of my mouth. Not even a wisp of air. I felt my eyes roll back into my head, and then there was nothing but darkness. I couldn't see or feel anything after.


That's when I died that night.. nopony helped me, or even heard my cries for help at that. So much for everything.