• Published 21st Jul 2019
  • 491 Views, 46 Comments

In the Country of Posh Things - Posh



A collection with no central theme or core idea, beyond "this is what I, at some point in my life, thought would make a compelling read." They have nothing in common beyond all being pieces of Me.

  • ...
1
 46
 491

6/30: "Aren't You Afraid The Fashion Police Will Come And Beat You With Their Fabulous Batons?"

Sunset squinted at the words on Rarity’s homemade, sequined sash. “’Fashion Monitor?’”

“A position I proposed myself!” said Rarity. “What better use for our budget surplus?”

Some water dripped onto Sunset’s nose. “Makes sense.”

“Knew you’d understand.” Rarity beamed. “Mark my words, once I’m instated, I’ll have CHS looking sharper than a serpent’s tooth.”

“Fashionista, heal thyself.”

They turned toward the voice. Rarity gasped.

”Pinkie?!”

“Yeah, I needed an extracurricular.” Pinkie scribbled something on a piece of paper, which she thrust into Rarity’s hand.

Rarity blinked. “Qu'est-ce que?”

“I’m citing you. That sash? Gauche.” Then, whistling, Pinkie sauntered off.

Rarity clenched her fists and jaw; Sunset, nervously, backed away.

“On my honor, Pinkamena,” Rarity growled. “I’ll--”

The ceiling broke open, and a deluge of water soaked Rarity. Sequins floated at her feet like tiny, fabulous lily-pads.

Sunset winced. “Want me to grab some paper towels?”

Rarity slumped wetly. “Lots, please.”

Author's Note:

Another flashfic from last summer. Rarity lends herself really well to these.

Comments ( 8 )

“Mark my words, once I’m instated, I’ll have CHS looking sharper than a serpent’s tooth.”

“Fashionista, heal thyself.”

I am such a hack.

Enforcing something that subjective was bound to lead to some disagreements sooner or later. Pinkie probably saved everyone a lot of headache and/or messy freedom fighting against the Fabulous Regime.

Posh – 08/24/2021
I could go through an outline. How long is it?

DannyJ – 08/24/2021
Little less than 7K, but there's an optional 8K extra of backstory for one of the principle characters. Only the first half is relevant to the story, but even that's skippable if you're pressed for time and willing to just accept the weird bullshit.
Though either way, I'll need to give you the rundown on some of DEEPEST LORE of my Fallout fics.
Because it'll be literally incomprehensible otherwise.

Posh – 08/24/2021
Yeah, I can do this.
Present me with your deep lore video, and drop me a link to the outline. I'll get to it quicker than I did the Old Lady Watchmen

DannyJ – 08/24/2021
Okay. So, point one of interest, this setting contains a Doctor Who crossover which is semi-relevant to this story. Do you have any prior familiarity with Doctor Who, or is it just some British thing you occasionally hear nerds talking about?

Posh – 08/24/2021
Oh godDAMMIT

This is literally a joke from Rollercoaster of Friendship

11529389 prove it

Comment posted by Dubs Rewatcher deleted Mar 14th, 2023

11529833 mine was funnier.

Login or register to comment