• Published 12th Aug 2012
  • 1,052 Views, 35 Comments

Twisted Magic - Wild & Lightning



Pinkie Pie becomes depressed when she has a sudden need to want to fly.

  • ...
4
 35
 1,052

Chapter 1~ The Ol' Switcheroo

Rainbow Dash was flying from her home in Cloudsdale down to Ponyville. Dash was off weather duty, for now. So she had enough time to fly down to Twilight’s library, grab the next Daring Doo book in the series, and bust outta there. THEN hide under the covers of her cloud bed and read.

“Perfect.” Dash muttered under her breath. “Day made.”

Rainbow Dash started gliding with her back to the ground, then started flying normally when she almost smashed into a tree. She was inches away from the library when a white flash blinded her, then left as soon as it came, after she went tumbling to the ground.

“You okay Rainbow Dash?” Derpy flew over to Dash her helping up.
“Great.” Rainbow groaned and readjusted her saddlebags, she stopped in mid-process. She dropped everything in shock as she looked at were her wings were supposed to be

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” Dash let out a blood curdling scream as she left everything and ran into the library. Rainbow almost ripped the door off its hinges on her way inside.

“WHATDIDYOUDO?!” She yelled at Twilight Sparkle, not noticing the other pink pony at first

“Rainbow Dash! Oh my goodness! Let me explain!” Twilight exclaimed

“I KNOW YOU DID SOMETHING BECAUSE THIS TYPE OF CRAP DOESN’T HAPPEN UNLESS MAGIC IS INVOLVED AND-“
Rainbow was interrupted by a pink blur that was flying and jumping around the library. “You didn’t Twi…..”

“I didn’t know the spell would take the closest Pegasus’s wings! Honest!” Twilight Said worriedly as she skimmed the warning page for the fifth time.

“REVERSE IT!” Rainbow stomped a hoof angrily.

“Hang on..”

Rainbow Dash sent Twilight a look that said ‘Do it now or they will find you in a ditch later.’ Twilight got the message and went to work while Pinkie was still prancing around.
“Oh Dashie! Isn’t this great!? We can fly together all day!” Pinkie squeaked to Dash, she just noticed the lack of the cyan pony's wings, she looked at Rainbow Dash with question in her eyes

“Yeah, Great” She mumbled. Pinkie was about to say something else when Rarity came in with Rainbow’s saddlebag.

“Now Rainbow, You must stop leaving your things everywhere. Look how dirty you bag is now darling”

Rainbow glared "That is not my biggest pro-"

Pinkie sprung up to Rarity, innterupting Dash “OHMYGOSH! Rarity! Look at my wings!”

“W-wings?” Rarity shuddered.

“They aren’t your wings Pinkie, THEYRE MINE!” Rainbow Dash yelled

Rarity looked at Rainbow’s bare back and Pinkie’s wings.

“Twilight, what is going on?” Rarity asked the purple unicorn

“I cast a spell on Pinkie to give her wings and it took the wings of the closest Pegasus which was Rainbow.” Twilight connected eyes with the book again.

“Oh… Dear" Rarity said, shocked

“Twi, if I can never fly again I’m going to go INSANE!” She stomped her hoof for emphasis, again.

“Twilight, I’m afraid Rainbow here is correct. You don’t want to see her that way.” Rarity said pointedly

Twilight agreed and flipped the page and sat there reading the first sentence over, and over again.

“What is it darling?” Rarity asked.

Twilight sat there with a puppy dog face, trying to get out from saying it.

“The spell is permanent” Twilight whispered.

“What?” Rainbow asked again.

“The Spell…. is PERMANENT, as in, even if I tried the spell on you and Pinkie was standing two inches away, those wings are never coming off of her back" Twilight looked as if she was about to cry as the guilt of possibly ruining her friend's whole life set in.

Rainbows jaw dropped in horror as she took the sentence in. 'The spell is perminant' the words rang in her head, causing her knees to tremble. Twilight was filled to the brim with guilt as she sat there with Rarity. In the horror of it all, nopony realized that Pinkie was gone.


~Ligtning Chaser~