• Published 17th Jun 2019
  • 6,813 Views, 69 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Anguish - CapNTilfy



Anon-A-Miss' plan has bore fruit, but what immediate consequences will ensue?

  • ...
18
 69
 6,813

Friendship Emergency

Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Sunset reached the rocker's apartment.

"I can't thank you guys enough for this," Sunset said as she and her friends walked inside.

A red and yellow striped rug with blue fringes on the floor greeted their feet, covering the grey hardwood floor. A large flat-screen TV sat on a purple entertainment center just a few feet away with game consoles and a surround sound system. A blue futon with a red and gold diamond pattern on top sat just a few feet away.

A set of stairs led up to Sunset's loft and bed. Under her loft was a large desk with two computer monitors, and a mini-fridge and microwave just inches away from said desk.

"Are you kidding," Pinkie asked. "You need this!"

On their way to Sunset's apartment, Rainbow Dash had sent a text to all her friends, which they sent to their family members in return. It was a simple message, and one they all agreed on. Whenever one of them was in dire straits, the others were to send a message that conveyed the utmost importance:

Friendship Emergency.

The plan was for everyone to meet up at Sunset's apartment and have a slumber party to keep her company after her mental breakdown. Rainbow, Rarity and Applejack would drop off their sisters, then return with backpacks and sleeping bags.

"How are you feeling," Fluttershy asked.

Sunset heaved a sigh. "I've been better... but I'm glad to have you guys with me tonight."

Fluttershy and Pinkie smiled warmly, then their phones buzzed. The two took out their phones, and the former gasped with wide eyes as the latter squealed in joy.

Sunset raised an eyebrow, then checked her phone. No new messages? She shrugged it off.

"Rainbow's gonna come back with pizza," Pinkie exclaimed, flailing her arms.

Sunset smiled. She'd have to find a way to repay Rainbow for still believing in her.

"So... um... what do we do while we wait for everyone?"

The sight of Wallflower's face upon being emotionally crushed appeared in Sunset's mind, and the rocker grit her teeth.

"You're a monster..."

"Dammit... no..."

"Uhh, Sunset?" Pinkie peered over Fluttershy's shoulder.

"You're a monster..." The demonself's evil cackle reverberated in Sunset Shimmer's skull.

The rocker slowly shrunk, then flopped onto her futon and began to curl into a ball with a whimper.

"You're a monster!"

"H... Help..." Sunset began to shiver as she vividly remembered the seemingly endless cycle of torture the demonself had put her through.

Pinkie and Fluttershy ran over to their friend and held her tightly.

"You're going to be okay, Sunset," Pinkie said.

"We're here for you."

Feeling the love and warmth from the two, Sunset stopped shaking. She sat up, then sniffled.

"Are you okay," Fluttershy asked.

"I... I d-don't know..."

There was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Pinkie hurried over to the entrance and opened the door to reveal Applejack.

"Howdy, y'a-" The farm girl noticed Sunset slouched with her head in her hands, and Fluttershy leaning on her. Applejack looked over to Pinkie with a concerned expression.

"It's pretty bad," she said.

Applejack quickly sent a text to Rarity and Rainbow.

Y'all better git on over right quick, Sunset looks like she's struggling!

The farm girl pocketed her phone, then hurried over to the futon, dropping her stuff on the floor as she went.

"Sunset," Applejack said as she took the rocker's hands. "I want ya to know you're not fighting alone. The rest of the girls'll be here as soon as they can!"

Sunset looked up, then nodded. She looked to be on the verge of tears!

"Stay strong, Sugarcube. We've got your back!"

The rocker sniffled again. "I-I don't know what I'd do without you guys," she all but whispered.

"And thankfully, ya never will!"

Sunset smiled warmly.

"There ya go!" Applejack returned the smile, knowing that her friend was in better spirits, if only just slightly.

"What do you girls wanna do while we wait for Rainbow and Rarity," Pinkie asked.

The four friends exchanged ideas for several minutes, then stopped once they heard knocking on Sunset's door.

"I've got this one," Applejack said as she walked towards the door. She opened it, and Rarity strolled in with a suitcase and her sleeping bag.

"Terribly sorry I'm late, darlings, but I simply had to bring some essentials!" The fashionista opened the bag and rifled through it. "Chamomile tea, lavender incense, cinnamon incense... all essential things to keep oneself calm!" She grinned wickedly. "Oh yes, and I brought Cards Against Humanity. We could all use some irreverent fun after..." Rarity trailed off, then paused. "After today's events," she finished.

"Speaking of late," Sunset said as she got off of the futon, "Where's Rainbow Dash? She's usually the first one here!"

"Oh, yes. Well... she called me and told me she was going to get some pizza." Rarity smiled. "You know we almost never have a sleepover without it!"

Sunset folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Without asking any of us what we want? That seems a little odd."

"We all texted her," Pinkie said. "Don't worry, Sunset. You're covered!"

The rocker frowned. Why didn't Rainbow text her? Something seemed off about all of this...

Rarity took out the card game. "Why don't we play a few rounds while we wait for her?"

Sunset shrugged. Maybe it was just her imagination...

Time passed as the girls played round after round, laughing and joking with the occasional moan over a bad pun or questionable choice.

By the time another round had started, everyone's phone buzzed, including Sunset's.

Almost there! Sorry I've been taking so long. The wait at the pizza place was a bitch!

Sunset sighed. At least everyone would be together again in a few minutes, then her night would be complete. Feeling encouraged, she smiled. "How about one more round?"

About halfway through the round, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Sunset said. "Rainbow'll probably need help with the pizzas." The rocker opened the door, and was greeted with a tight hug. She closed her eyes with a contented sigh... then her eyes shot open in sudden realization.

"It's okay," Princess Twilight said. "I'm here."

Sunset Shimmer burst into tears.