• Published 8th May 2019
  • 1,683 Views, 136 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh E-QUEST - DakariKingMykan



The Equestria Girls are going to participate in a dueling tournament.

  • ...
81
 136
 1,683

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 19: Feeling Crushed

EPISODE NINETEEN

Raven had ordered the finishing move on her opponent.

“PSY-Framelord Omega, direct attack!”

Her monster attacked, and took the rest of her opponents’ life points, earning her a second, consecutive win, and 40% on her duel meter.

“Whoa, you’re good.” said the guy.

“Thanks, I guess.” Raven said with a forced smile, but really she was not enjoying herself, and she just walked off.

Poor Raven, still couldn’t find in herself to enjoy the game for the fun of it. Then again she and her friends weren’t dueling for fun anyway.


Then she left to go find her friends, and she saw them all heading towards the Tunnel of Love exit which was right near where she had her duel.

She saw a soaking wet Jackie get off the boat first, and she met up with Jillian.

The two went off immediately, arguing about what had happened, but then out came Terra on a second boat, and she was staring down grimly at a single card in her hand.

She dashed over and joined the gang.

“Hey, what’s happening?”

Terra looked up sadly with a near expressionless look on her face.

“You didn’t win, huh?”

“No, she did.” replied Sunset.

Raven then realized why Terra was so grim, and she rolled her eyes, “She’s thinking of him again.”

Kori and Robin both could tell now that had to be the reason.

More confirmed than ever when they saw the card Terra was looking at was “Change of Heart.”

“Okay, what is going on here?” asked Rainbow “I get you like that card and all that but why get so droopy in the chops about it?”

Terra took in a deep breath and finally answered, “Every time I play this card, I think of Garfield.”

“You mean Beast Boy?” asked Pinkie.

Terra nodded, and the sad expression on her face as she looked down at the card again told sunset enough.

“You were more than close, weren’t you?”

The other three titans nodded, and Robin confirmed it, “Garfield and Terra used to date.”

The girls seemed speechless, until Rarity spoke up, “How romantic?” but then she realized “But wait, if he’s not here, and he ran away.” she gasped “Then… it… ended in tragedy?”

Terra looked up and stammered softly, “Well… yes, you could say it did.” she paused long and chose her words carefully “…We broke up.”

Pinkie Pie sniffled sadly, “Aww, that’s so sad!” she sobbed.

“That really is.” agreed Fluttershy.

Kori, Robin and Raven sighed.

“The breakup was a large push to why Garfield abandoned Jump City and left us.” said Kori.

Remembering all this, and more, made Terra hurt inside, and her tears began to fall again, but Pinkie and Fluttershy cuddled with her to comfort her.

“What did you guys break up over?” Pinkie asked.

“Pinkie Pie!” snapped Twilight “Don’t ask a thing like that! It’s not really our business anyway why they broke up.”

Terra agreed, “It won’t matter anyway. He’s been gone for five years, and I really miss him.”

She looked down at the card in her hand again, “This card reminds me of him, and all the good things we did and shared, and how he taught me to believe in myself and not be afraid… ever after I--”

She quickly stopped herself.

“You what?” asked Pinkie “Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!”

“Pinkie Pie!” snapped Rarity “Don’t pressure her.”

Sunset had a sneaky feeling there was a lot more going on than Terra and the Titans were actually telling.

But before she could ask…

“YEE-HAW!” Applejack cried as she came up to the gang. “Guess who just won herself a good heap of duel points?”

“Let me guess.” said Pinkie “…It was you!”

Applejack showed her duel disk of 15%.

“Awesome!” exclaimed Rainbow, and the two girls slapped a high five.

Then Vic came along, “Sounds like a party here. What did I miss?”

“Oh, nothing, really…” Terra said, hoping the girls would let go of the subject, and thankfully they did.

“Sorry you didn’t win, Vic.” said Robin “We saw it all.”

Vic just smiled, “Hey, I’m still in this, I can make a comeback. At least I hope I can.”

Twilight got out a calculator from her backpack and did some equations, “Well that is possible. There’s still sixty or so duelists left in the tournament, many of which are on the verge of elimination.”

Applejack looked at her low duel meter, “How am I ever going to get this baby up to 100%?”

Kori felt the same, she was down to her last 5% and so was Robin. If either of them lost one more duel, they’d be out of the running.

Still, at least a lot of them were doing great, especially Pinkie Pie, who had the highest duel score of 55% thanks to Trixie’s little stunt.

“Lucky me…!” Pinkie squealed with glee “Just a couple more duels and I can go to the finals.”

“That’ll help out a great deal.” said Sunset “With at least one of us in the finals it gives us hope to saving Twilight.”

“…And getting the Prize-Money we need for Jump City.” Raven pointed out.

“Yes, that too…”

Spike then pointed out, “Too you all can’t go to the finals. Then you’d win the prize for sure.”

The others thought it would be nice, but they knew it wasn’t possible since only the first eight duelists to achieve 100% would qualify.

“I’m worried…” said Fluttershy.

“What are you worried about?” asked Rainbow “You’re not even in the tournament anymore.”

“I’m just worried about the rest of you,” replied Fluttershy “What if along the way you end up facing each other?”

A long silence followed with everyone looking shocked and upset at the thought.

Applejack and Robin looked at one another, remembering their duel, even though it ended in a draw and they were both still in the tournament.

Raven also looked at Fluttershy and was beginning to feel guilty deep down of having eliminated her-- she didn’t let her face show it.

“There’s no way around that.” said Kori “We’ll just have to duel our very best I suppose.”

Vic agreed “It’s all we can do, and we can agree it’ll honorable, and we can see which of us should really go to the finals.”

“Darn tootin’.” said Applejack “Still, it seems to me like this tournament’s getting a little out of hand.”

Sunset clenched her fist, remembering those two dark figures who took Princess Twilight’s soul. That was how this whole thing started in the first place.

“Some Friendship tournament this is turning out to be.” she thought to herself “Everyone’s getting so tense, and so many duelists we’ve faced haven’t been really been dueling for fun and excitement, but desperation or just plain tormenting others.

Even the girls and I are here to try and save Twilight’s soul from two evil creeps who forced us into this tournament, but we still don’t know who they are or what they really want from us.”

She then reached into her Extra Deck and pulled out all the cards, half which were now revealed, including her newest card.

“And I still don’t get these cards.

Why was I given them, and why do they only seem to reveal themselves to me at certain times?

More importantly: Who sent them to me in the first place?”

“Sunset,” Twilight called to her “Are you okay?”

She snapped out of her trance, “Just thinking.”


Suddenly, Robin’s duel disk activated. He was being called for his next duel.

Everyone huddled in around him to see who it was, and the randomizer showed his opponent, and the girls were ever shocked.

“PRINCIPAL CELESTIA...?!!”

The titans looked up.

“That’s your principal?” asked Terra.

“Wow,” said Vic as admired Celestia’s picture, preferably her long multi-color streaked hair “Now that’s a dame.”

Raven nudged him.

“What? I think she’s pretty.”

Still, the girls were amazed and very surprised.

“I never knew Principal Celestia was a duelist.” said Rarity.

“This is wicked.” exclaimed Rainbow.


“…Glad you think so.” said a familiar voice. Everyone looked round and there stood Celestia, with her hair hanging long and loose as usual, but rather than her usual suit she was wearing white skirt, and purple blouse with a dark blue blazer with while lapels.

“Hello ladies…” she said to her students.

The girls were still shocked, and Robin and Vic couldn’t help but gawk at her from head-to-toe-- she was that lovely to them.

Of course Robin had to stop when Kori began to look angry.

The girls all stammered and tried to find their words, but Celestia could tell what they were thinking.

“It’s my summer vacation too. Even I enjoy a break from all the school work and boredom.”

“We get that,” said Sunset “But since when do you play Duel Monsters?”

Celestia figured that would be asked, and told the story.

“Until last year, when the school first started, I thought the game was silly, and I felt it was a huge distraction, so I forbade any and all elements of the game during school hours.

Naturally, several students ignored my warnings, and those who were caught had their cards confiscated by me, as well as a week’s detention.

Anyway, one day I was walking along the hallways, when I noticed a single card on the floor.

I picked it up, and then when I looked at it, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

I was so fascinated by it, that I actually started to study the game in my spare-time, which lead to actually try it.

I never realized how much fun the game was, not to mention how much math and coordination went into it, almost like a good way to brush up on academics.

While I still didn’t allow it to be played during school hours, I made the expectations of allowing a Dueling Club, or games sessions.


…And I’ve been dueling ever since.

I joined this tournament to challenge others, and who knows? That million-dollar prize would help give Canterlot High some funds, as well as few other charities I sponsor.”

The girls were amazed and impressed, but then suddenly, Celestia was amazed by the sight of the others, “The Titans? I’ve heard of you.”

Robin shook her head, “I’m Robin. I’m your opponent.”

Celestia shook his hand, but then she giggled while prancing around, “This is so exciting! I can’t believe I’m meeting the Titans, and I get duel one of them!”

The entire gang felt awkward at her prancing and acting like a teenager at a rock concert.

“Is she always this eccentric?” asked Terra.

“You should see her at the Friendship Games.” joked Twilight.


Celestia finally got a hold of herself, and even though she and Robin had met, they still had to proceed to their arranged dueling sight, as was the rule.

The location was right near the ferris-wheel, where surprisingly, the operator turned out to be Vice Principal Luna.

“Okay, now I’ve seen everything.” joked Rainbow.

Luna was not a duelist, but she was working as a summer job.

“Summer may be fun to all of you, but it is important to maintain income.” she stated. “Hello sister.”

Celestia nodded grimly at her, “Luna, I still think you ought to give this game a try. It changed my life.”

“Thank you but no.” Luna said as she closed the ride down and help part the crowds away for the duel to begin. “Just the same, I’ll be rooting for you.”

Celestia sighed, but then she turned ready to face Robin.

All the friends were on the sidelines watching the duel from upfront.

“Who should I root for?” wondered Pinkie, and she kept looking back and forth between the two players.

“Robin, of course,” said Kori “I understand what Celestia is doing is noble, but Jump City needs that cash more.”

“So why hasn’t anyone told her yet?” asked Raven.

A moment silence followed.

“Should we tell her anyway?” asked Fluttershy.

“No, we mustn’t.” cried Rarity “Look at her, she seems so excited and happy to be having all this fun and delight. The truth of what we’re dueling for would only crush her.”

Sunset agreed, “Not to mention she doesn’t know about Princess Twilight either. She only thinks she went back to Equestria.”

“You never told her that either?” asked Terra.

“Shh, keep it down!” snapped Applejack “If anyone else finds out, there could be panic and wild running all over.”

Sunset agreed, “This is our battle to fight, and we just want to keep it low.”

She still worried what if Princess Celestia found out about what happened to Twilight? Would she hold her responsible for what happened?

Would she ever allow Twilight to come back to the human world?

…Or worse! Would she order Sunset back to Equestria to face reprimanding?

She honestly didn’t know how much longer she could go on with this charade!


Regardless, Robin and Celestia were ready to go.

“Good luck to you.” said Celestia.

“Sure, you too.” replied Robin, but he silently thought, “I’m going to have to duel my hardest. If I lose this duel I’m out of it.

But I can’t let that get to me.”

He looked down at his deck, and felt his family’s spirits emanating from them. “I know you’re all here with me. Let’s put on a show to remember!”

Disks were ready, cards, drawn; Robin and Celestia faced one another.

“DUEL!!”

Robin LP: 8000

Celestia LP: 8000

The friends watched most anxiously, while Luna still thought little about the game.

“It’s show time…!” shouted Robin.


“Hey, that’s my line!” called Pinkie.

“…I set the Pendulum Scale with Scale 2 PERFORMAGE BUBBLE GARDNA and Scale 6 PERFORMAGE FIRE DANCER!”

The two monsters appeared in the Pendulum Zones, in streams of fire and bubbles, which Pinkie thought was pretty entertaining.

“It’s just like me and Performapals.”

“Eeyup,” agreed Applejack “This guy’s deck is pretty close to yours, sugar cube, and just wait until he really gets going.”


“Now,” shouted Robin “I’ll summon as many monsters from levels 3 to 5 as I need.

…I Pendulum Summon!”


Three shots of light blasted onto the field, and his monsters appeared.

“PERFORMAGE WING SANDWHICHMAN…” (Atk: 1800)

“PERFORMAGE CUP TRICKER…” (Atk: 1200)

“PERFORMAGE PLUSHFIRE…” (Def: 1000)

Celestia was highly impressed, “So that’s Pendulum Summoning?”

“Yes,” replied Robin “What, you can’t do it yourself?”

Celestia shook her head “No, I’ve never tried it before. I’ve often thought about it, but it just never worked for me.”


The others were concerned about the way she was talking.

“Why is she telling him that?” wondered Kori “She shouldn’t give away her duel strategy.”

“We don’t even know what her strategy is yet.” said Sunset “Just because she says she can’t Pendulum Summon doesn’t really mean anything. A deck doesn’t have to Pendulum Summon to be strong.”


Robin continued with his move.

“Well, you’ve seen me Pendulum Summon, and now watch this.

I overlay level 5 Sandwhichman and my level 5 Cup Tricker. With these two monsters, I build the Overlay Network!”

The portal appeared as the two monsters up and vanished into it, and the new monster appeared swinging on its high trapeze.

“I Xyz Summon PERFORMAGE TRAPEZE HIGH MAGICIAN!”

(Atk: 2700)

Celestia gawked up at the amazing monster with astonishment.

Luna was a little impressed too, and so were the rest of the gang.

“Now I’ll place one card facedown, and that ends my turn.”


His hand was empty, but he felt confident with his move.


“Well, that’s Dick’s move,” said Kori.

Rainbow agreed, “I wonder what Celestia’s got for him.”


Celestia nodded, “Now, I draw!” she hollered and drew a sixth card.


She gazed down at what it was, and the corner of her eye shimmered.

“Now I’ll show all of you the card that got me into the game.

I activate the Field Spell CELESTIA!”


Expressions of shock, amazement, and awe erupted from everyone, and the field began to warp, and take on the scene of deep space, but with a colorful aura emitting from the starts—almost the same colors as Celestia’s hair.


“There’s an actual card called “Celestia?” asked Rarity.

“That’s amazing.” said Fluttershy “Now I can see why Celestia would be into the game. I wouldn’t mind if there was a card called “Fluttershy.”

The others sighed softly.

“Still,” said Twilight “Now we know-- Celestia must use Wyrm-Type monsters, because that’s what that card supports.”


Celestia snickered “Twilight’s right, but right now I have a monster to summon, but first I’m required to send two fire monsters from my hand to the graveyard.”

“What?” snapped Robin “What are you doing?”

“I now summon, TRUE KING AGNIMAZUD, THE VANISHER!”

(Atk: 2900) -----> (Atk: 3200)

Robin gawked at the horrible creature in shock, “That’s a level 9 monster!”

The friends could hardly believe it either.

“She brought out a level 9 monster on her first turn?” cried Rainbow “That’s just sick, and cool.”

Celestia took that as a compliment, “And there’s more I’m afraid.

Since I used two fire monsters to summon my king, his special ability allows me to banish one card you have in play!”

“Ah!” cried Robin, and he watched with horrors as his big strong monster vanished off the field. “…Trapeze High Magician-- No!!”


Kori held her hand to her lips, “Oh, Dick…!”

Robin stood there shaking, as the loss of his creature reminded him of the loss of his family.


“There was no way he could’ve stopped that.” said Applejack. She remembered facing that monster before, “Trapeze High Magician could’ve used its ability to prevent itself from being destroyed, but Celestia banished it, and there was no defense for that.”


The others all felt bad for Robin.

Celestia noticed his downwardness, “Are you alright?”

Robin bravely held up his head and smiled, “Good move, please go on.”


Celestia nodded and entered her battle phase.

“Vanisher, attack Performage Plushfire!”

Her king nodded, and rushed forth, stomping on Robin’s little monster.

“When Plushfire is destroyed, its ability activates allowing me to summon one Performage monster from my deck…

…I choose, PERFORMAGE WATER DANCER!”

(Atk: 1200)

Celestia narrowed her eyes, “That’s impressive, but this duel’s not over yet.”

She laid one card facedown, ending her turn. “Go ahead.”

Robin nodded and he drew his next card.


“Perfect!” he hollered “Now I activate the trap PENDULUM BACK!”

Then he pointed up at his monsters in the Pendulum Zone, “With this trap, I can go into my graveyard and snatch two monsters whose respective levels are in between the scales.

Which means, Wing Sandwhichman and Cup Tricker return to my hand.”

Celestia clenched her fist, “That means you can summon them all back to the field.”

Robin nodded, “But before I do, I’ll sacrifice my Water Dancer, in order to summon PERFORMAGE WIND DRAINER!”

(Atk: 2100)

Celestia blinked once and thought, “Why would he just tribute summon that monster when he could easily Pendulum Summon it?”

Then she gasped, “Wait…!”

Robin snickered, “Now… I will Pendulum Summon!”


In Four flashed of light, he summoned four monsters all at once.

“PERFORMAGE WING SANDWHICHMAN…” (Atk: 1800)

“PERFORMAGE CUP TRICKER…” (Atk: 1200)

“PERFORMAGE WATER DANCER…” (Atk: 1200)

“PERFORMAGE PLUSHFIRE…” (Atk: 1000)

All five of his monsters stood together in a line.

“Clever,” said Sunset “First he sacrifices his Pendulum Monster, and then he can summon it right back to summon so many monsters.”

Pinkie giggled, “And now he’s got five whole monsters in play. It’s a regular circus. This is so exciting!”

Luna didn’t seem as enthusiastic, “Well, I must admit, that was clever to summon all those creatures, but not one of them can beat my sister’s king.”


“Don’t’ count my husband out yet,” said Kori “I’m sure he knows what he’s doing…

…I hope.”

Robin then entered his battle phase…

“Now, Water Dancer, attack Vanisher!”

“What?!” snapped Celestia “But your monster can’t beat my king!”

“I know. It’s all part of my plan.”

(Atk: 1200) VS (Atk: 3200)

Celestia’s monster countered the attack with ease, and Robin’s monster was destroyed.

“I activate Bubble Gardna’s Pendulum ability, so I only take half the battle damage from this attack!”

Robin LP: 8000 -----> 7000

“And it’s all worth it, because when Water Dancer is destroyed, it lets me target your monster and switch it into to defense-mode!”

“Ah!” cried Celestia, and indeed, her big strong king changed modes.

(Def: 1900)

Robin’s mask shinned as he grinned wickedly, “Time to avenge my magician.

…Wind Drainer, attack!”

His monster complied and dove straight at the King.

“…And by the way, I’m activate Fire Dancer’s Pendulum ability, which allows my monster to deal you damage even if your monster is in defense-mode!”

Celestia growled in shock as the attack struck.

(Atk: 2100) VS (Def: 1900)

Celestia LP: 8000 -----> 7700

“Celestia’s wide open now!” cried Spike.

“This can’t go well!” added Twilight


Robin then called to his other three monsters, “Sandwichman, Cup Tricker, Plushfire, give the lady a show to remember-- attack her directly!”

The three monsters all acted like the circus performers that they resembled; hopping up onto each other, swinging about, and combining all their powers into one colossal attack that struck Celestia hard.

She braced herself, and her long hair fluttered in the winds of the attack, and she lost a good 4000 points.

Celestia LP: 7700 -----> 3700

“Sister!” cried Luna.


The light had faded, and Pinkie and Rainbow took one look at Celestia-- her hair was all puffed out like a cotton ball, and her jacket was a little wrinkled-- the girls held in a laugh.

Luna gave them all a strict look.

Celestia shook herself back to normal.

Her shiny hair shaking like that made Vic ogle at her again, “Mmm-mm, smokin’.”

Raven nudged him softly and gave him and angry glare, “Ease off, cowboy.”


Celestia was impressed, “So you willingly took a little damage, and dealt me a whole lot more. You really did your homework.”

Robin smiled only softly. The truth was, he hated having to sacrifice his Water Dancer like that due to his deep inner-pain.

“Are you alright?” asked Celestia.

Robin straightened himself out, “I’m fine. I end my turn.”


“Very well,” said Celestia “I draw…!

And I play POT OF GREED so I can draw two cards.”

She drew her cards, giving her three in her hand, and she really liked what they were.


“And now I play the trap CALL OF THE HAUNTED!”

Robin cringed softly.

“Now I can summon one monster in my graveyard, and I choose a monster I discarded last turn, MAGMA DRAGON!”

(Atk: 1600) -----> (Atk: 1900)

“When Magma is special summoned, I can special summon a Wyrm-Type monster out of the graveyard in defense-mode, but its effects are negated.”

“Any Wyrm-Type?” cried Robin.

Celestia snickered, “Please give a big royal reception for the return of his highness, TRUE KING AGNIMAZUD, THE VANISHER!”

(Def: 1900)

“It’s back!” cried Robin.


“And I’ve got more to come.” said Celestia “I’ll sacrifice my Magma Dragon so I can summon GIANT PAIRFISH!”

(Atk: 2000) -----> (Atk: 2300)

This single card seemed to be two monsters-- two fish like creatures, swirling together and gazing lovingly at one another.

“Aw, that looks so cute.” said Pinkie Pie, and she waved to the cute monsters, forgetting they were only holograms.


“Now I use the special ability,” said Celestia “By sending this monster in my hand to the graveyard, I can summon one level 4 or below Wyrm-Monster from my deck to the field…

…I choose the Tuner-Monster, AL-LUMI’RAJ!”

(Atk: 1600) -----> (Atk: 1900)

“A Tuner!” cried Robin.


Luna was confused, due to her ignorance of the game. “I don’t understand.”

“It means that Celestia can Synchro Summon.” said Sunset.

Kori whispered under her breath, “…Hang in there, Dick.”

“Now,” hollered Celestia, “I tune level 3 Al-Lumi’Raj with level 6 Pairfish…”

The two monsters formed into orbs, and lifted up high in the space background of the field spell, creating a large burst of light forming the new monster.

“I Synchro Summon CHAOFENG, PHANTOM OF THE YANG ZING!”

(Atk: 2800) -----> (Atk: 3100)

This new creature looked like a cross between a dragon and a griffin, but it let out a mighty screech, which made some of the spectators cover their ears.

Celestia only looked up at her monster and smiled at it,

“And now I’m going to show another special power of my Celestia field card.”

“Huh?”

“You see, not only does it make my Wyrm monsters stronger, but once per turn I can banish three Wyrm monsters from my graveyard…”

The images three of her monsters-- her Pairfish, her Magma Dragon, and her Al-Lumi Raj-- they all vanished out of sight and into the field card image.

“And now,” said Celestia “I am able to destroy one card you control!”

“Ah!” cried Robin, and he watched as his Performage Plushfire was blasted clear off the field.

“Why would you do that?” he asked “You know that by destroying Plushfire, I can summon another Performage monster…

…and I choose PERFORMAGE MIRROR CONDUCTOR!”

(Def: 1400)

Celestia snickered, “The reason I did that is because now I can use Chaofeng’s ability!”

Her mighty Wyrm’s wings glowed brightly, and in one flap, a beam of light struck Celestia’s deck.

“Once per turn, when a monster you control is destroyed, I can summon one Wyrm from my deck, as long as its attribute is the same the monster that was destroyed.

Since your Plushfire was a Fire-Type, I’ll summon a Fire-Type of my own, MAGMA DRAGON!”

(Def: 1200)

“Oh, no, not another one!” cried Robin.

“I’m afraid so,” said Celestia “And since my Magma Dragom was special summoned one Wyrm gets summoned out of my graveyard, and it happens to be yet another copy of a monster…

…TRUE KING AGNIMAZUD, THE VANISHER!”

(Def: 1900)

Her monster appeared alongside her first king in a burst of fire.

Robin began to cringe softly, not liking any of this at all.


“Now,” Celestia shouted “I overlay my two level 9 kings to build the Overlay Network!”


The girls all gasped in amazement.

“She can Xyz Summon as well?” asked Sunset.

“Looks like it.” said Rainbow.


The proceeding was completed and the new monster formed for all to see as Celestia called, “I Xyz Summon TRUE KING OF ALL CALAMITIES!”

(Atk: 3000) -----> (Atk: 3300)

Such a dark and evil looking beast, Robin gawked up at in anger and worry.


“What a monster!” cried Terra “She sure can duel.”

“I hate to say it, but you have a point.” agreed Raven.

The girls were speechless, and Celestia still wasn’t through yet.


“Now I play the spell METAMORPHOSIS!

By tributing Magma Dragon, I can now summon a Fusion Monster whose level is identical to his.”

“What?!” snapped Robin “A Fusion Monster too?”

The gang watched in awe as Celestia sacrificed her dragon, and a big glow burst from her Extra Deck.

“I summon MUDRAGON OF THE SWAMP!”

(Atk: 1900) -----> (Atk: 2200)

The three monsters stood side-by-side, and what a sight to behold they were. Synchro, Xyz, and Fusion, all summoned in one turn!

Sunset was especially impressed, and looked down at her own deck, remembering her initial goal: to try and unlock a perfect deck strategy to combine all four summoning methods.

“I wonder if Celestia can Pendulum Summon too?” she thought “Even if she can’t, I’m amazed at how well she’s dueling.”

Celestia entered her battle phase.

“Chaofeng, attack Wing Sandwichman!”

Her monster complied, and began to flap its huge wings, unleashing burning winds at Robin’s monster!”

“I don’t think so!” shouted Robin “I activate Mirror Conductor’s ability, which allows me to switch the attack and defense points with your monster!”


“Hmmm…” said Celestia and then she looked over at her Fusion Monster, which began to glow.


Robin’s mirror stood tall and proud and tried to reflect the image of the dragon, but the reflection of the monster suddenly disappeared, and the mirror went dark with nothing in it.

“What?!” snapped Robin “What’s happening?”


Celestia grinned “It’s Mudragon’s special ability; prevent you from targeting it or any other monster that has the same attribute as its own.”

Robin was confused, “But your Mudragon is a Water-Type, and the other is a Light-Type.”

Then suddenly he could see Mudragon was glowing brighter than ever, as if it were actually a Light-Attributed monster.

“No, don’t tell me…!”


“Mm-Hmm,” said Celestia “Once Per turn, Mudragon can change its attribute. Very resourceful if I do say myself.”


Robin growled, and watched as the dragon spit out a huge mud-ball barrage from its mouth, striking his monster hard.

(Atk: 3100) VS (Atk: 1800)

“I use Bubble Gardna’s Pendulum Effect!” he shouted “Now I only take half the damage from this battle, and your monsters can’t stop that!

Robin LP: 7000 -----> 5750

Celestia flicked her hair, and then called to her King of Calamities, “Attack and destroy Wind Drainer!”

Her king stretched out it’s huge claws, blasting the monster in a dark swirling vortex.

(Atk: 3300) VS (Atk: 2100)

Robin took full damage from the attack, as his Bubble Garnda’s effect only worked once each turn.

Robin LP: 5750 -----> 4350

“Dick, No!!” cried Kori.


Celestia then called to her Mudragon, “Your turn! Destroy Cup Tricker!”

The dragon roared and belched out a barrage of mud-balls, destroying the monster in a mudslide!

(Atk: 2200) VS (Atk: 1200)

Robin LP: 4350 ------> 3350

“Ugh’ll!” groaned Rarity “How rude and grotesque!


Kori was trembling stressfully. “I can’t believe she did all that.”

“Poor Dick.” added Vic “He’s really got his work cut out for him.”

The girls were amazed with Celestia’s dueling, but just as worried and concerned with Robin as well.

“How can Robin possibly get himself out of this one?” asked Rainbow.

“Maybe… he can’t?” suggested Fluttershy.

Everyone turned to gawk at her-- some with stern expressions.

“She may have a point.” said Sunset “But then again, one draw can make all the difference.”

Robin just stood where he was staring at all three of Celestia’s monsters, and contemplating his situation in his mind.

“I can still Pendulum Summon my monsters back in defense-mode, and that would shield me, but I can’t win the duel just by defending alone.”

He looked at the King of Calamities, “I don’t even know what abilities that monster has.”

He then looked down at his deck, and placed his fingers over his next card, thinking deeply to the spirits of his family, “Please, help me. Guide me to picking something good that will work!”

He drew his card and gawked deeply at it.

“Ring of Destruction…”

He remembered playing it against Applejack which caused the duel to end in a draw, but even Celestia’s most powerful monster wasn’t nearly strong enough to deplete all her life points, or even his own.

He began to formulate a plan.

“The only chance I have is to weaken her life points just enough, and then use the Ring to blow up her King. That ought to reduce her life points to zero, and I’ll still have enough to win the duel!”

Celestia looked as if she was growing impatient, waiting for him to make a move, but she said nothing, almost as if she didn’t care what move he made, which only further worried Robin that if she had something else planned.


…Still, he had to at least try.

“Now,” he called “I’ll place one card facedown, and then… I Pendulum Summon!”

Rour shots of light beamed down, and his five monsters appeared.

“PERFORMAGE WING SANDWHICHMAN…” (Atk: 1800)

“PERFORMAGE CUP TRICKER…” (Atk: 1200)

“PERFORMAGE WATER DANCER…” (Atk: 1200)

“PERFORMAGE PLUSHFIRE…” (Atk: 1000)

All four of his monsters were back, and looking just as eager to perform in the circus act of a lifetime.

Pinkie was actually munching on popcorn which she pulled out of nowhere.


Robin paused a minute, thinking of his family, feeling they were guiding him through his turn.

“I Overlay level 4 Water Dancer, and level 4 Plushfire to build the Overlay Network!

I Xyz Summon PERFORMAGE TRAPEZE MAGICIAN!”

(Atk: 2400)

Kori breathed a sigh of relief, “That should help. With his Trapeze Magician out, Dick won’t take any damage equal to 2400 or lower.”

“And don’t forget,” added Terra “He can Xyz Summon again.”


Indeed, that’s just what Robin did next.

“Now I overlay level 5 Wing Sandwichman and level 5 Cupt Tricker…


…I Xyz Summon PERFORMAGE TRAPEZE HIGH MAGICIAN!”

(Atk: 2700)

The two performers floated side-by-side on their swings, and nodded at one another.

Robin looked up at them both, thinking of his mother and father, and then he gawked over at Celestia’s field, preferably at Mudragon, her weakest monster.

“If I attack it,” he thought “Her life points will drop to 3300. That’s exactly the amount needed to wipe her out with Ring of Destruction.”

He stepped forth, “I use High Magician’s special ability! Now I’ll…

…Huh?”

He looked up at his monsters, and noticed they were losing their colors, becoming dark and looking floppy.

“What’s happening to my magicians?”


Celestia answered, “My King of Calamities just used its special ability.

By using an overlay unit, I had changed all the attributes of every monster on the field into Dark-Types, the same as my King.”

Robin looked up at his monsters and growled, “But what good does doing that mean?”

Celestia grunted as answered, “You see, all your monsters with the same attribute cannot attack or activate their abilities!”

Robin stood where he was with his mouth hanging open.

Some of the gang looked the same, even Pinkie, letting the popcorn fall out of her mouth.

“Sakes, Pinkie, shut your mouth when it’s full!” groaned Applejack.

Kori felt the situation was really growing hopeless for her husband.

“If he can’t attack, and he can’t use special abilities…”

No one else said anything beyond that. It was beginning to seem obvious that Robin hadn’t a chance now.


“…I… end my turn.” Robin said shakily.


He seemed really down, much more down than he had been all duel long.

Before Celestia could ask anything, Robin looked up at her with a brave smile, “Go ahead… take your turn.”


Celestia nodded, “I draw…!


“And I activate my King’s ability once more, to change all the monsters into Dark-Types, which will prevent your monsters from activating their abilities.”

Robin cringed softly.


“I also play BURIAL FROM A DIFFERENT DIMENSION! Which shall return three banished monsters o my graveyard, only that I may banish them again and activate the effect of Celestia…

…Destroy Trapeze Magician!”

Robin’s first magician was blasted by a ray of light that shot out from the card, blowing it into space dust, much to his growing outrage and sadness.

“Dick…” Kori sobbed softly with tears in her eyes.

The other Titans all felt bad for him too, as did the girls.

“Why the long faces?” asked Luna.

Twilight sighed, and whispered to her about Robin’s connections with the cards to his family.

“Oh, my…!” Luna said.


Celestia then entered her battle phase. “You duel well,” she said to Robin, and he nodded at her, “But now it all ends here…

King of Calamities, attack Trapeze High Magician!”

(Atk: 3300) VS (Atk: 2700)

Robin didn’t even bother to play his trap or Bubble Garnda’s ability to halve the damage—there was simply no point.

So his monster was destroyed, and his score dropped,

Robin LP: 3350 ------> 2950

…Leaving him wide open and powerless to stop the next attack!

“Go Chaofeng!” shouted Celestia “Wipe him out!”


Her monster complied, and sent it’s burning winds straight at Robin, knocking out the rest of his life points.

Robin LP: 2950 ------> 0

“Oh…!” cried Kori.


“He lost!” peeped Spike.


“He’s out of the tournament now.” added Terra.

Robin’s duel meter was empty, and Celestia had 40% now.

Robin stood where he was, with his arms at his side and the images of the duel faded away.

He looked deeply crushed-- the kind you only looked when your spirit was truly grieving and hurting, and not just because he had failed in the tournament, but having let his monsters down, and feeling he had let his family down too.

“Are you alright?” Celestia asked as she approached him, and she finally saw a small tear escape from his eye, making her stop dead in his tracks.

Her sister approached, and whispered to her what she had been told from Twilight.

Celestia gasped softly and put her hand to her mouth, feeling a bit of remorse for actually winning the duel.

“Robin… I…” she tried to find her words, but Robin then approached her, and held out his hand “That was a good duel. Well done.”

Celestia was surprised at first, but she managed to shake his hand softly.

The rest of the gang thought it to be sweet.

Rarity dabbed her eyes with a hankie, and Pinkie sniffled.

“It’s so friendly-like.” she sobbed.

Even Raven thought it was sweet, but she only showed a small smile.

As for Sunset, she looked at the others and decided, “I think we should tell her the truth.”

The others agreed.

Author's Note:

*Been Dueling online*

One thing I really can't stand is those discourteous opponents I get-- they can't stand that I'm about to crush them, and so they cowardly cut the connection so the duel closes so I can't earn my duel points.

...At least if I'm going to lose duels, I surrender the duel or take the finishing blow with honor.

PreviousChapters Next