• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,519 Views, 38 Comments

Let The Right Pony In - CountDerpy



A pony variation on the story "Let the right one in"

  • ...
4
 38
 1,519

Octavia's 1st in B Major

Wow, what a first day. Punched in the gut, singled out in class and now I have enough detentions to ruin a lifetime!

"Octavia, your mother is here to pick you up. Remember you have detention for the rest of this month!" Cheerilee called out as she entered through the door, the time was now nearly 9:00 at night.

I sighed. "Yes, Ms. Cheerilee." I gathered the few things I still had, my backpack and all of it's contents ended up floating in a toilet thanks to one certain blue bitch. Rule 1: Never go to the bathroom at recess . I walked outside, the snow piling up above my knees as i dug my way through to the carriage my mom had called. It wasn't a luxury one by any means, but at least it was better than riding the bus home.

"You are in trouble, young lady." Mother said in her harshest voice, which still kept it's soft tone throughout. I could tell right away this was the most pissed off I had seen her in years.

"I didn't do anything wrong though! It was all that bitch Trixie's fault." I pleaded

"Don't you use those kind of words, Octavia. They are very unladylike, and it is also unladylike to blame your actions on that of another." The thing was I wasn't blaming them on her. It was the truth. She used her magic at one point and took control off the chalk I was writing with. Instead of writing the answer to the problem that I was supposed to do, she made me write "Ms. Cheerilee is an 80's slut." I got 3 detentions for that alone.

I sighed as the carriage pulled up to the apartment building. "Yes mother."

Mother stepped out onto the snow. "Your grounded too. No radio or playing outside for at least a week. Now you go right upstairs and do your homework."

Dear Celestia, is there no reasoning with her! "Yes mother." I grabbed my bag from the cargo hold and walked straight upstairs. I tossed my stuff down onto my bed and locked the door behind me. I wasn't planning to look at my homework for at least a few hours. I wanted to do the one thing that brought my life joy right now....




Play my cello



I procured the instrument from it's case. The gleam of the black cherry wood throwing of flecks of light as I withdrew it. The rosin dust that flew off the strings as i wiped them clean left a cloud of sparkling air floating about me as i drew my bow from the case the way a soldier would gracefully draw his sword defending his honor. I rosined my bow, paying attention to each swift stroke... not to much, not to little. The smell of the fresh rosin filled me with joy. There was only one last thing to grab, the music I had been working on for about a year.

I reached into one of the boxes I had yet to unpack and withdrew a small silver box. I grabbed the key from my case and opened it, a small cloud of dust rising from the velvet lining. I pulled out the small stack of parchment and rested them upon my stand. The paper was nearly a hundred years old, but my grandfather had given it to me just for writing my music. I grabbed the quill from the box and dipped it into the small container of ink and began to write the rest of the music. I had over 6 pages done and just had to finish it right. I grabbed my cello and drowned out the world. There was nothing but me and the music.

I dragged the bow over the strings as the sound flew out from the interior. The vibrations filled me and for the first time today, I smiled and continued to play. The notes flew from the strings in an endless stream. I was lost to the world, but the music was there to comfort me. The music flew out for what seemed like hours, but was only about five minutes before I heard a thud at the window. The sound made me jump several feet, nearly knocking over half the things in front of me.

"What the hell!" I looked over at the window and stared in horror. The same red eyes from the night before were peering in at me from the window once more. I could not make out the form of any pony, but the eyes were there, staring not at me. They seemed to be looking through me. I took a step closer to the window and they blinked and disappeared from sight.

Octavia, calm yourself. Your mind is just playing tricks on you again. I rushed to the window and looked down on the seal. Two perfect hoof prints were buried deep into the inch or so thick pack of ice. I looked all around for sign of who or whatever was just standing in my window seal. Octavia, calm yourself. It was probably just a bird or something. Your just going crazy from a long day

I began to shut the window until I saw it. There was a young filly, her coat nearly as white as the snow and her horn a glow creating a ring of light around the bench she was laying on. I was not worried about anything besides one fact. Her red eyes stood out in sharp contrast to the rest of the surroundings.

Some pony was spying on me! Well I better go give her a....calm yourself! You don't know why she was doing it. Just go down there and figure out why I stepped out on the window seal and climbed down the fire escape that hung just beyond my window. The snow was colder than it had been earlier in the day, but it still felt good beneath my sore hooves. I walked straight up to the bench and she seemed to notice, because she was sitting up starring straight at me. A pair of headphones hung loosely around her neck, the heavy electronic sounds pouring out from her music player.

"Uh...H-hi!"

She stared at me for several more moments before uttering the word I would regret ever hearing later in my life.


"Hello."


((Authors Note: Final-freaking-ly! It is finished! Hope every pony likes it!))