• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 2,841 Views, 140 Comments

Ghosts of Skeleton's Past - Valorousspectre



The history of Skeleton Grin's scars revealed, and a little bit of a drama story afterwards, Ghosts of Skeleton's Past is the sequel to the much loved Nyctophobia. Enjoy!

  • ...
8
 140
 2,841

Prologue

Prologue:

“Mummy! Muuummmyyyyy!”

Skeleton Grin looked over her shoulder from where she lay on her bed, reading a book. A little filly tumbled into the room, tears in her eyes, covered in flour. She was almost a splitting image of her mother at her age, except for her unruly mane and tail which, regardless how much the stubborn filly brushed them, was always a mess. Skeleton smiled at the young filly.

“Yes dear? What’s happened?”

The filly sat at her mother’s bedside, sniffling petulantly. Another filly peaked in from the door and Skeleton pretended not to see her. The filly by the bed spoke in an upset whine.

“Mummy, Clear Skies put a bucket of flour above my door s..so when I opened the door the flour fell on me.. as well as the bucket!”

The older mare suppressed a giggle, hearing her giggle in the small filly by the door. She looked over at the peeping pony and waved her in, a stern look on her face. The filly trotted in. It was clear she was older than the filly who was sniffling at the bed, who was glaring at her, clearly upset.

“Skies, is this true?”

Clear Skies nodded an affirmative.

“Yes mama, it’s true. But you should have seen it! It was SOOOOO Funny! Well… except for when the bucket fell on her… that wasn’t very funny at all. But she ran away before I could say I was sorry!”

Skeleton looked over the two young fillies before her and smiled at both of them demurely. She could scarcely believe how much Soarin and her foals had changed her life, or herself. She remembered back when she was a much younger, much more immature mare who was constantly looking over her shoulder for potential attackers. She still had the scars from her childhood, but she wore them with pride now, and rarely ever covered herself up.

“Now now Ghost Charm, there’s no need to cry. Skies didn’t mean any harm; she was just pranking you again. Now, did you run away before she could say sorry?”

The petulant little pony nodded slowly, sniffing back her tears. Skeleton reached down and wiped some of the flour from her daughter’s face.

“Well, now that she’s here, would you like to hear her apology?”

Another nod before she turned to look expectantly at her older sister. Clear Skies smiled and hugged the younger filly, surprising her.

“Sorry sis! The bucket wasn’t supposed to hit your noggin.”

Skeleton smiled as the younger filly hugged her sister and they ran off together. She lifted her wing and looked under it at the smallest filly, deep asleep. Whilst Clear Skies had her father’s colours and Ghost had hers, this one seemed to be a mix of the two. There was a deep blue streak running through both her mane and tail and a blue tinge to the white of her coat. Her eyes however stayed true to her mother. She nuzzled the young filly affectionately and she mumbled and snuggled up to her mother more.

“Sleep well my little Pepper Pot.”