• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 1,416 Views, 38 Comments

The 25 Days Of Hearth's Warming - Sparkle Productions



After a snowstorm Rainbow Dash and Soarin are forced to spend 25 days together, including Heath's Warming. Will they enjoy it?

  • ...
2
 38
 1,416

Day 15: And They Lived Happily Ever After, Minus Getting Eaten In The End

The 25 Days Of Hearth's Warming
Day 15: And They Lived Happily Ever After, Minus Getting Eaten In The End
Sparkle Productions

Twilight welcomed in a group of fillies and colts. They sat down on the rug in front of the fire and waited. After five or so minutes, she came back. "That was the last foal. Ready for me to read you a story?"

"Yes!" The foals called out with glee.

Opening a red book with her magic aura Twilight began, "Once upon a time-"

The door to the castle opened revealing Pinkie, Rainbow, and Soarin. "We're here like you requested," Dash said walking next to Twilight.

"Great," was all Twilight said. Picking up where she left off she continued, "A little gingerbread family lived in Gingerbread Land. And there in Gingerbread Land-"

The Cutie Mark Crusaders barged in drenched in sweat. "Sorry *pant* we're late, Twilight. Scootaloo here wanted to try *pant* a new trick on her scooter and *pant* Apple Bloom here encouraged it. I, of course, went along with it. We ended up *pant* getting stuck in a rose bush that was *pant* hard to get out of. Then we rushed here as fast as we could," Sweetie Belle said in between breaths.

"'ey, don't blame this *pant* on us," Apple Bloom replied.

"It doesn't matter," Twilight forced a smile, "all that does is that you're here now. Let's continue our story." Opening the book with her magic she continued, "And there in Gingerbread Land was a gingerbread family. There was the mother, Frosting. The father, Peppermint. The sister, Gumdrop. And the brother, Ginger. In a world named Equestria was a young filly, Butterfly Blossom who loved gingerbread. She made and decorated a gingerbread house every-"

"Um, how long is this story? Not that I have anything to do but, *yawn* I'm tired and want to take a nap later on before it's too late," Dash interrupted.

"Are you sure your middle name isn't lazy?" Scootaloo teased.

"No it isn't."

"If you have a problem with the length of this story, you can kindly leave. I won't blame you. This is a foal's book after all," Twilight said annoyed.

"I think I'll stay here, thank you very much," Dash retorted.

"Okay then," Twilight picked her book back up, "every year. This year was no different. She iced the house and built each gingerbread with tender, love, and care. Very carefully she set up the house. When it was up to perfection, she smiled. That gingerbread house lasted all year round. And her Hearth's Warming was filled with happiness and smiles. The end," Twilight close the book. "Did you enjoy the story?"

"No. It's missing something," Dash said flatly.

"What?" Twilight said unamused.

"The ending is off."

"How about you make up your own ending," Twilight said through gritted teeth.

"Okay. And they lived happily ever after. Minus getting eaten in the end. There, perfect."

"Rainbow, you know this is a foal's story, right?"

"Of course. You like that ending, right foals?"

"Yeah!" They yelled laughing.

"Unbelievable. Just unbelievable," Twilight said under her breath, "I just can't believe the kind of day I've had today."

"What was that, Twilight?" Dash asked with a smirk.

"Nothing. Who wants to here another story? Dash would you please read our next story?"

"Yes!" The foals yelled with cheer.

"You know I will," Dash said. "You know I will," she repeated under her breath. The rest of the day was filled with stories. But mainly Dash read stories with her own commentary added throughout the story. Foals smiled with glee and begged their parents to let them stay longer. It truly was an amazing day.

Author's Note:

Stay tuned for more!!:twilightsmile: