• Published 1st Aug 2012
  • 890 Views, 7 Comments

How did I get here?! - Skytak193



It's nice to take a long stroll through the woods, unless you come out in a different world!

  • ...
14
 7
 890

Chapter 5: Changes

"Whose home is it?" Asks Dashie as she rushes after you.

"It’s my home!" You are almost to the edge of the tree line. You can see your yard and the back you your house. Catching Dashie by surprise, you begin to sprint a bit faster. You break into your yard just a moment before her. You stop sprinting and nonchalantly walk up to your house and up the stairs to your back porch. You open the door and walk in. Nothing has changed. You go over to your computer and check the date.

You speak aloud. "I have been gone for an hour? I have been in Equestria for a day! How can I just be gone for an hour?" Dashie walks up behind you.

"What is this thing?" She asks, nudging the monitor with her hoof.

"It’s a computer; it provides a way of seeing things from all over my world. Here, take a look." You scoot the chair out of the way so she can be in front of it.

You stand next to her and grab the mouse. "Wait a second, since when was my plastic mouse furry?" You ask yourself as you bring your hand to your face. Your fingertips have dark blue fuzz on them. You rush over to your kitchen sink and try to wash it off. (Hoping that you just touched something blue, furry, and stickey.)

Sure enough. It wont come off. You pluck one and wince in pain. "Oh god, they are real!"

"What is wrong?" Dashie asks. Not knowing that blue fuzz is abnormal in humans.

The signs are there. Your in denial. It just can't be happening. It cant. You glance at Dashie with an expression of panic. "I - I am turning into a pony..." Dashie looks at you with an expression of confusion.

"What?! How is that possible?" Says Dashie. Your state of panic beginning to rub off on her.

You walk over to your recliner and sit down, staring at your hand. Its just blue hair. Innocent enough. But, no matter how you look at your current situation, you are terrified of the one thing you've wanted for a long time.

As you stare at your hand, Dashie takes this as an opportunity to explore your house a bit. She weaves in and out of the rooms. You hear the sound of metal moving. But you don't care. Until she drops what she was messing with on your foot.

"Ouch!" You yelp, quickly coming back to reality. It seems she found her way into a closet and brought you an object she wants you to name.

You look down at the dull green metal box on your toes. "It's an ammunition box" you tell her. You haul the heavy box off of your foot.

"Well, whats in it?" Dashie asks.

You pop the canister open and lay out a box of .223 bullets in front of her. "What are these for?" She asks.

"Protection." You tell her, putting the box back in the ammo case.

"Protection from what? There doesn't seem to be anything evil around here." Dashie asks. She stops you from closing the case and tips it so she can see the rest of the things in there.

"Animals. People. Anything I may need it for." You tell her, setting the rest of the small boxes out on the floor for her to see.

"Can you show me how it works? I dont see how these little things can help protect you." She seems to want to see some technology of your world and doesn't want to take no for an answer.

"Sure." You walk over to a cabinet in the corner of the room and pull out a drawer. From it you bring up a large, banana shaped clip. You walk over to beside your door and pick up a Mini 14 rifle and load the clip. "Cover your ears" You tell her.

You cock it and open the door. You take aim at a pine tree in your yard. *CRACK* A shower of splinters flies up in the air. You hear the thud of a large chunk of tree falling near you. You smile; guns always put you in a good mood. You look back at Dashie.

Dashie has her head to the floor and is shaking. You've scared her. You quickly take the clip out and clear the gun. You walk over to her and put your arm on her back. She is trembling. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again, I promise." She looks up at your concerned face.

"Wha-what was that?!" She squeaks. She has telltale signs or terror in her eyes. You feel guilty for scaring her so bad. You didn’t mean to scare her. "Now look what you've done you big idiot." You think to yourself.

You set the gun down and lightly stroke her mane much like you would on the back of a cat's neck. This seems to relax her a little. You begin to put the boxes of ammunition back in their box and the gun back in its corner. After you walk back from putting you look around your living room and Dashie is nowhere to be found. You franticly tear through your house to find her. You can’t find her on the first floor. You run down the stairs to the basement, hoping that she is down there. As you turn into the hallway from the stairs, out of the corner of your eye you see a small bit of rainbow tail in your reading room. In there you see a bookshelf, a couch with a quilted blanket on it, and a small cyan pony curled up in the blanket.

Dashie is fast asleep and you wonder to yourself how she could sleep after being so scared. You shrug off the thought and walk over to her. You take the part of the blanket she isn't sleeping on and cover her with it. You walk up to your room and bring her back down another blanket. You chose the softest blanket you had. Stepping back from covering her with the second blanket, you realize just how cute she actually looks curled up. Like a tired kitten, she stretches and yawns and resumes sleeping.

You smile to yourself. As you walk back up the stairs you sneak a look at your wall clock. 6:23 PM. Although it is only mid-afternoon, you feel tired enough to sleep. You walk to your room and lie down on your bed and cover up in yet another blanket. (The furnace never worked right and you needed lots of blankets to stay warm.) As you drift off into sleep, you begin to think of what you have to do next. You hear high pitched chatter just as you start dreaming. "Was that Pinkie?!? ZZZZZZ"

Comments ( 7 )

I like the story a lot. DO you shoot?:pinkiehappy:
:raritywink::raritywink::raritywink::raritywink::raritywink::raritywink: out of 7 rarities.

Whoa, he's gonna turn into a pony? Wow, maybe have a poll deciding which kind(unicorn, earth pony, or pegasus). Great story though.

1012417 D'awww! It's so precious! Butthurt authors are so adorable!

awesome fanfic!!
Love how u let rainbowdash follow him and i wish i had a pathway into Equestria:pinkiegasp:

1012812

Thank you for liking the story! Don't all of us want a pathway into Equestria? I know I do! :twilightsmile:

1012002

The writer (Fearmetak) does on occasion. I don't have much opportunity to myself, but I do when I can!

- Skylark193 (Editor)

THis is great fun so far! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment