• Published 1st Aug 2012
  • 2,487 Views, 26 Comments

More Stories Featuring Seth - KenSES64



Seth Disarmonia is a creation of Discord, who's become friends with the Wielder of the Elements, but that's the main story, Spawn of Disharmony. This is side stories of that fic. Have fun.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,487

Meet the Elements

Meet the Elements

*note this chapter takes place in between Lesson Zero and Luna Eclipsed*

I wake up against the same tree I fell asleep under the previous night. After eating a couple of the apples I bought from that farmer Applejack yesterday, and taking a bath in a nearby river, (hey when you’re homeless you have to make due with what you have), picked up the the last of my apples and my (stolen) money bag with my magic, and began to walk into town. Come to think of it I’ll probably need a saddlebag, so I don’t have to use any magic to carry my stuff like this. Yet, where would I even find saddlebags? Maybe I’ll ask somepony after I go to the...

“Hiya!” Exclaimed a mare that suddenly appeared right in front of me. I jump back in surprise, then I noticed what she looked like, she was a pink earth pony with a poofy mane of a darker shade of pink, blue eyes, and a cutie mark of three balloons, two blue, one yellow. I saw her yesterday, but had no interaction with her. She was Pinkamena Diana Pie, the element of laughter, she also was looking at me with a huge grin, “Ooo, I never seen you before, and if I never seen you before that means you’re new, I mean you must be new because I know everypony, and I mean everypony in Ponyville. I just love meaning new ponies, if only I had my waggon on me right now, but it’s being fixed after I put batter in the confetti cannon. Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself sorry. *giggle* I’m Pinkie Pie, Ponyville’s number one party planner and the Cake’s top baker, yet I’m the only one, other than them, and they’re really, really good at it. Anyways, what’s your name?”

“Uhhh...” Is what I said before being interrupted.

“Wait, wait, wait. Let me guess it, I love guessing games.” She tapped her chin and made a hmmm, “Dark Night? Black Shade? Midnight Star? Nyx? Disarray? Gary Stu?”

“No, my name is Seth.”

“Seth? Aww, that’s nowhere near as cool as the others.”

“Whatever.” I said as I tried to walk away, but she just seemed to teleport right back in front of me, but she’s an earth pony, so that’s impossible.

“Wait don’t go. You’re a new pony so I have to throw you a party! Or are mad at me for making fun of you name. I’m sorry.” She said in a sad tone, and her mane seemed to deflate like a balloon and went completely straight.

“Oh no, I’m not mad. Sure a party sounds fun, but I’m kinda busy. I need to buy some saddlebags and then I’m going to the library. So when I have some free time you can host that welcoming party, if you want.”

“So when you’re not so busy, I can throw you a party?”

“That is what I just said isn’t it?”

“Yeah, *giggle* it is.” Her mane puffed back up, “Okie, dokie, lokie, then Sethy. Oh is it okay if I call you Sethy? I like the sound of that. Sethy Seth Seth Sethy Seth Seth Sethy Sethy Sethy Seth.”

“Sure knock yourself out.”

She began to bounce off, but I remembered to ask her something. “Hey, uhh... Pinkie?”

She stopped from her bouncing in mid-air and slowly floated back down. (What the buck?) She turned back to me and said, “Yes Sethy?”

“Do you know where I get some saddlebags? I honestly don’t know.”

“Oh, you can get one from my friend Rarity. She makes personalized saddlebags for everypony in town. You can find the at her dress shop, the Carousel Boutique. It’s a building that looks like a carousel, you can’t miss it.” She then continued to bounce off.

So I walked through town looking for this “Carousel Boutique”, but I wasn’t paying too much attention to anything, but that so I bumped right into somepony, and we both fell back. I quickly got up to see who it was. She was a light yellow pegasus, with a pink mane, and three pink butterflies for a cutie mark. Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness. She was on the ground with her hooves over her face, like she was expecting me to mug her or something.

“Ummm... I’m sorry miss. Do you want me to help you up?” I ask her, not knowing what else to say.

She uncovers her face and revealing her light blue eyes. “Oh umm... N-No I’m fine.” She gets up, and dusts off her coat a bit.

“So, I’m Seth. What’s your name?” Yeah I already know from this preplanted information Discord apparently gave me, but I don’t want to look suspicious.

“I-I’m Fluttershy.”

I could barely hear her, but pretended like I did, “Fluttershy? That’s a nice name.”
“T-Thanks.” She then quickly ran off.

I wonder what her problem was. Am I scary or something? Nopony else seems to think so. I shrugged this off and went on with looking for the dress shop for a saddlebag.
______________________________________________________________________________

After about ten minutes of searching I found the building I was looking for, which to me the building looked kinda creepy. It looks like a bunch of ponies with rods impaled through them. Just seems a little bit disturbing, but who knows I may just have a sick mind.

I walk in to see two young fillies, who looked like they were waiting for somepony.

“Ugh, how long does it take Sweetie Belle to brush her teeth? It’s just a waste of time if you ask me.” Said the first, a orange pegasus with a magenta mane.

“Scootaloo, are you saying you don’t brush yours?” Responded the second, a yellow earth pony with a red mane that had a big pink bow in it.

“No, I don’t.”

“Ewww.”

“What’s the big deal?”

Before the conversation continued a third filly, a white unicorn with a purple and pink mane, came out from another room, “Okay girls I’m ready.”

“Finally.” The pegasus said, “So Apple Bloom, is Winnonia ready?”

“Eeyup.” Her earth pony said.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS PET GROOMERS YAY!” They all shouted before they all ran out.

I stood there slightly confused, and then the voice of a mare snapped me out of it. “Don’t mind my little sister and her friends. They’re just excited to try to their cutie marks. You know fillies at that age, so full of energy.” I turned to it to see a white unicorn mare with a purple mane, blue eyes, and three diamonds as a cutie mark. Rarity, the element of Generosity.

“Uh... sure.” I said.

“Greeting darling, I am Rarity, the owner of this magnificent boutique. So what can I do for a handsome stallion like you today? Do you want some casual wear? A dashing suit? Or just something to impress that one special mare?” She said that last one fluttering her eyelashes.

Wait, is she hitting on me? Nah, she’s probably just trying to flatter me. Besides I’m a spawn of Discord, like I’d be in a relationship with one of the wielders of the Elements. I just politely say to her, “No I’m just looking for some saddlebags.”

“You sure? Because with a wonderfully dark coat like that I have so much to exparament with. I mean, how often do you see a pony with a black coat? This may seem out of the blue, but would you model for me?”

“Yeah, sorry, but I rather not.”

“Please.”

“No.”

“Please.”

“No.

“Please, please, please.”

“No, no, no.”

“Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...”

“Please stop.”

“eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...”

“That’s getting kinda annoying.”

“eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...”

“Ugh! Fine! I try on some clothes, but in exchange I want those saddlebags I want for free.”

She smiled and said, “I knew you’d agree to do it.”

So as she sewed bit of cloth together for me to try on, she asked me a few basic questions. “So what’s your name, darling?”

“It’s Seth.”

“Oh, well it’s my pleasure to met you Seth. So where are you from?”

Crap! I didn’t think of a fake backstory to tell anypony! Think Seth think.! Just name a random town!, “Umm.. I’m from... Cloudsdale?”

“Cloudsdale? But, you’re a unicorn.”

Buck! “Umm... I meant to say, Detrot. Sorry I guess I’m way out of it today.” I said with a nervous laugh.

“Oh, okay then. So what brings you to Ponyville?”

“I just kinda showed up here.”
______________________________________________________________________________

So after a few hours of trying out several suits for Rarity I left with some new dark purple saddlebags. Now I had one place to go. The library.

I made my way to the tree building and let myself in, public place, so I can. I walked in to see the purple and green baby dragon I met yesterday sweeping and at the table with her face deep into a book was a light purple unicorn mare, with a violet mane that had a lighter purple and a pink streak in it. She had purple eyes and what looked like a six-pointed pink star with little white stars around it for a cutie mark. I knew that this was Twilight Sparkle, Celestia’s personal student and the wielder of the Element of Magic.

The dragon, who’s name if I remember correctly is Spike, turned to me, “Oh hi, uhhh.. Beth was it, right?”

“It’s Seth actually, hi.” I respond.

The mare picked her head up and said, “Oh, hello. My name is Twilight Sparkle.”

“I know.”

“You do?”

Crap, not again. “Uhh... Yeah, I mean, you’re Princess Celestia’s personal student, and you’ve saved Equestria twice, so you’re kinda famous.” Please fall for this, please fall for this.

She smiled and said, “Oh, well I couldn’t do that without my friends, but thank you.” She stood up and said, “So can I help you find anything today?”

“Yeah, I’m looking for a spell book, preticularly one with a spell of stone formation.”

“Hmm.. I think I may know a spell like that.” She levitated a thick brown book from a nearby shelf. “I think it’s somewhere in here, but you’ll have to look.”

I took it with my magic, “Thanks, umm... do you mind if I read it here?”

“Of course not.” She said smiling.

I sat down at the same table and began to read.