• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 1,135 Views, 38 Comments

Lightning's Revenge - SeleneMizutani



Lightning Dust has held a grudge on Rainbow Dash for over a year. She decides to seek revenge.

  • ...
13
 38
 1,135

Stolen Memories, Still Fresh In My Heart

Rainbow Dash POV

My eyes fluttered open.

I was in a dark room, without any light.

The last thing I remember...

Oh, goodness! Lightning's gonna torture me to death, like last time!

Why does life have to treat me like that?

I'm a human too!

I tried to move, but failed.

I was tied to a wooden chair, and a piece of cloth was shoved into my mouth.

Oh, not again.

What will Lightning do to me?

I dreaded the answer, since I already knew.

All of a sudden, a lone spotlight was shone on me, and Lightning Dust appeared.

She was back in her normal clothes, smiling wickedly.

Like last time...like last time...like last time.

I know.

A blazing inferno.

That's what she's like last time.

A month ago...

A normal Friday, as usual.

I was waking back to school as usual, eager to meet my friends. And Soarin, of course.

We just started dating two days ago.

As I passed an alley, a hard blow collided to the back of my head, and I fell, unconscious.

-TIME SKIP (two hours later)-

I woke up only to find a searing pain in all parts of my body.

I looked down to see blood, fresh blood, splattered all over my clothes.

My arms and legs were covered in knife wounds, still dripping blood.

Blood was staining the ground as droplets touched the floor, creating a hollow 'drip-drip' sound.

I tried to move, but I was tied down to a chair with ropes, the binds digging into my flesh.

Oh, goodness! What exactly had happened after I was knocked out?!

I looked back up to see a girl I least wanted to see.

She was grinning all over her face, but her eyes were full of anger.

Inferno. The only word I could find to describe the fury in her soul.

Back to the present...

"Rainbow Dash, the lead guitarist of the Rainbooms, the captain of almost every sport team in CHS, the infamous cadet of the Wonderbolts...in my total dominance!" said Lightning with faux concern.

She removed my gag, so I could speak.

I asked,"What are you going to do to me?"

"Hurt you, of course. Like you hurt me." she replied casually, polishing the knife she was holding.

"Where are we?" I asked again.

Lightning answered,"Relax, you're just in my basement. Me and my best friends brought you here."

"Who are your friends? Surely a cheater who has no potential to play soccer justice and has to depend on a trick ball to win a match couldn't find any friends." I said.

She said,"You have met them all before. They are old acquaintances of yours."

Six cloaked figures stepped out from the endless darkness around me.

They removed their cloaks and revealed themselves.

I gasped. The Shadowbolts were there, along with Zephyr Breeze.

"What are you six doing here? And why are you working with Lightning?" I exclaimed.

Lightning Dust replied for them,"You broke Zephyr's heart and ruined Crystal Prep's reputation. They have held a grudge on you since then, so I gave them the glorious opportunity to join me, and get their revenge on you."

"B...But you didn't have to do this to me! You all knew I didn't mean it!" I said.

Sour Sweet said,"You did mean it. We won so many times that CHS was jealous, so you used 'magic' to wreck us!"

"But-" I started to say.

Lightning interrupted,"They have spoken. Since I knew you a year back, you already ruined everything for me and my best friends. Now it's time for us to retaliate!"

"You broke my heart just because you wanted to be with that Soarin. You never cared about my feelings!" cried Zephyr.

I faintly protested,"But I never-"

"So annoying. Just shut up and let me go back to work!" said Lightning.

"Help! Please!" I screamed in my mind, but I knew it was useless.

Meanwhile, Lightning opened my backpack, which was on another chair nearby.

"Speaking of friends, they won't be able to help you out this time." she said.

She took out my phone.

I cried,"What are you doing!"

Lightning ignored me and pulled out my geode.

She placed the two items on a table nearby and from her weapons, she picked a sledgehammer and raised it high above her head.

"No one will even know you're here!" she laughed.

I pleaded,"Please don't!"

I struggled as hard as I possibly could, but the knots holding me were tight and didn't give way.

"BANG!"

The hammer landed on my phone and my geode, and bits and pieces flew everywhere.

A larger piece of my geode struck my face, leaving a deep cut.

Blood trickled down my face.

The piece of my geode landed on my lap, still stained with my blood.

I gazed at it sadly.

So many fond memories that I've shared with my friends within it...all gone.

A tear rolled down my cheek.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Lightning smile.