• Published 9th Jul 2018
  • 795 Views, 18 Comments

The Cello and The Guitar: Reverberation - Nyhll



A gentle breeze follows the girl as she makes her way home to her beau after a long day's work as she reminisces about the past.

  • ...
2
 18
 795

First Encounter

Sunset gave a tired yawn as she shifted her backpack around on her shoulder for the fourth time. She was still exhausted from the weekend spent with the rest of the Rainbooms following their victory over the Sirens. The girl’s had spent their time hanging out and doing whatever they felt like.

Sunset was just glad that it seemed like the school was finally forgiving her for everything leading up to the Fall Formal. She was much too old to be fully invested in every little thing that the other girls were interested in, but she knew if she brought it up to them they wouldn’t let her live it down.

“Oh! Good morning, Sunset!” a voice called out, breaking the Equestrian from her death like stupor and causing her to realize she was already at school.

“G’mornin’, Flutts.” Sunset gave a small yawn as she waved towards the buttercreme girl who stood with the rest of the members of the Rainbooms.

“I take it I’m not the only one who didn't get their proper sleep this weekend then.” commented Rarity as Sunset joined the rest of the band members.

An extremely dangerous snicker escaped from Rainbow Dash as she playfully nudged the pale girl in the side. “Hey now, you can blame that on yourself! I saw you sneaking off with Applejack Saturday night!”

“Rainbow Dash…” if the athlete’s short giggle had been dangerous, then the growl that emanated from Applejack was a universal extinction level threat.

“I’m surprised the two of you didn’t shake Pinkie’s house- Ow!”

“Seriously, Rainbow? Do you not understand what courtesy is?” Sunset shook her head as she shook her hand, the short blue girl rubbing her arm intensely. “Maybe they don’t want people to know their relationship status.”

“Hey, just cause yer a virgin doesn’t mean- Jeezus fucking christ, Sunset!” Rainbow cried out as her arm once again was assaulted by the tallest girl in the school.

“Are you gonna stow it yet, Dash?” Sunset glowered as she held her arm back, fist cocked and loaded for another devastating blow if need be.

The girl looked like she was about to start up again, her mouth opening as she turned to look at Sunset, only to throw up her hands in front of her face as an extremely girlish scream of fear erupted from her when she saw Sunset’s arm start to move.

“Wow, RD…” Applejack managed out between laughs that echoed around from the other band members. “Did ya see a spider or something?”

“S-Shut up! Her punches hurt, damnit! I mean, you’ve seen her guns!” an adorable blush spread across Rainbow’s face as she pointed vehemently at the tower Sunset.

“True… How often do you go to the gym, Sunset?” Rarity turned towards the amber girl who was busy wiping away the tear streaming down her face.

“Gym? You girl’s know I can’t afford that!” Sunset’s laugh carried a different tone as she shook her head. “No, I’m usually out doing a run after school and basic stuff like pushups and sit-ups.”

“Bullshit!” Rainbow gave a very fake sneeze to try and cover her comment, causing more giggles to trickle out from the gathering.

“Hey, believe what ya want, Dash. Now are you all gonna keep heckling me, a being from another world, about not having a human partner?” Sunset waved her hand above her head as she shook it, before bringing it down to rest on her hip. “Like, come on! How the hell would I be good for anyone?”

“I bet ya a dollar that ninety-nine percent of the boys in the school would cut off their left nut to spend a night with you!”

A tired sigh escaped from the amber girl as she grumbled in annoyance. “Damnit, Dash…”

“I, erm…” Sunset’s shot over in amazement to the normally prim and proper fashionista as she uneasily shifted from side to side. “I would have to agree with her, Sunset. I don’t know very many in CHS that would turn down that offer.”

“{I’m surrounded by children…}” Sunset’s face met her palm as she stood there and listened to the rest of the Rainbooms comment on Sunset’s appearance. “Look, girls, I’m not gonna deny that I could probably get, like, a good… eighty three percent of the school if I really wanted, but I’m just not not interested. All of you are still teenagers, and that’s not what I’m looking for.”

“Well if’n that ain’t tha pot callin' tha kettle black, then Ah don’t know what else could be.” Applejack chuckled as she crossed her firm arms.

Sunset’s brow furrowed as she looked around at the rest of the girls agreeing with the farmgirl. “Excuse me? What do you mean?”

You.” Rainbow Dash pointed a finger to the Equestrian before pulling it back and motioning to the rest of the band members. “Calling us, teenagers.”

“We’re the same age you big silly!” Pinke snorted as she giggled goofily.

“Um, what?” Sunset’s comment paused the other five girls as other students started to arrive at the school and greet the sid of them warmly. “No I’m not.”

“I know you’re taller and got bigger tits then the rest of us, but-” Sunset scowled as she clamped a hand forcefully over the blabbering mouth of the pixie sized athlete.

“Time works differently here compared to Equestria. I was in my twenties when I left, and Twilight looked to be the same age as when I returned, so while I’ve been here for about four years now, around a decade’s passed in Equestria.” Sunset explained in rapid, hushed whispers to the girls, looking around at each of them intently.

“Oh, so you’re an old granny then, huh?” a mischievous, Cheshire like grin spread over Rainbow Dash’s features as she slipped out of Sunset’s hold.

Sunset’s response was short as she responded to the obvious jab. “What I’m saying, Dash, is that I’m looking for more in a relationship, which pretty much all teenagers are unable to provide, but I also know that there is things that I’m unable to provide.”

“S-Shouldn’t we be getting to class now?” Fluttershy spoke up, alerting everyone to just how few students where now passing by.

“Aww, shit! Harshwhinny’s gonna give me detention if I’m late again!” Rainbow cursed loudly as she dashed off, leaving the other girls alone.

“Yeah, uh… I guess we should get going as well…” Sunset shrugged as the group marched into the school before breaking up and heading their separate ways.

She soon found herself in a near empty hallway, a few students rushing off and leaving her alone to quickly sort through her things and grab her binders for her first classes, only to pause when a sombre melody echoed down the hallway.

She shut her locker with a confused look as the music soaked into her, the sound suffusing her every fiber as she followed the noise with a hypnotized fervour. It dragged her through the halls, as if it were physically pulling her by the ears until she found herself standing in front of the practice room that the Rainbooms frequented. Sunset slowly crept forward, noticing the door wasn’t fully closed, and took the opportunity to peek inside the room.

She was greeted by a figure clad in a black-as-midnight suit that seemed tailor made to alert viewers to the generous curves of the wearer’s body, and generous they were as the girl slowly swayed with her playing. Her long, ebony locks slowly swung back and forth in time with her movements, sparkling in the light like diamonds.

Delicate, slate grey digits deftly and masterfully danced across the strings as the other hand shifted between delicate and forceful bows across the bottom part of the strings.

The girl’s full lips were pulled close in delicate thought, matching the rest of what Sunset could see of the girl’s face, shrouded in concentration.

Sunset couldn’t deny that the view was breathtaking, her vision evermore slowly focusing on the seemingly towering girl standing behind the massive wooden instrument. She wasn’t one to focus on looks, but this girl, and the way she wore her performance suit.

“Waaahg!”

Everyone in the room gave their own startled cries as Sunset found herself in an unceremonious pile on the floor. She had been startled by the class bell suddenly going off and pushed forward a little too much as a result.

“Who the hell is this!? Where did she come from!?” fury and brimstone in the form of a female voice rained down on Sunset as she slowly pushed herself up off the ground, brushing herself off.

“Do calm down, dear. You are in public right now.” the exact opposite came from the man slowly standing up beside his wife, Sunset assumed.

“S-Sunset? What are you doing here?”

“Heh, nice performance, Octavia.” Sunset gave an extremely sheepish grin as she got up on her feet. “That suit is amazing, by the way! I’d almost say you should wear it all the time.”

The attention of everyone in the room was drawn to the slow clapping of the Principal and Vice Principal of the school as they stood from their seats and walked over towards Octavia and her parents.

“Thank you, Octavia. A splendid display as always.” Celestia said, a warm a smile on her face as she complimented the cellist.

“Maybe even better than The Battle of The Bands.” Sunset nodded, before taking a large step back from the scowling mother of Octavia, as well as a stern look from Luna.

“Shouldn’t you be in class, Miss Shimmer?” Luna didn’t so much ask as much as she heavily implied to the girl to leave.

“Wait, Shimmer? As in Sunset Shimmer? One of the harlots that falsely won that scam of a competition?”

“Mother, please!” Octavia cried out, her face flushing with embarrassment as she begged her mother to calm down.

“Woah, hey now lady! I don’t even know you, so why all the hate?” Sunset took two steps forward, a look of annoyed confusion spreading across her face as she loomed over the irate woman. “Look, Octavia is the single best musician in the whole school, if not the city-”

The woman gave a loud, bitter scoff.

“-but one person does not a band make, so no wonder she could only make it so far in an event called the “Battle of the Bands”, right?” Sunset crossed her arms as she looked down at the woman who was shaking in indignation.

“Bah! You will hear from my lawyers, Celestia!” the woman spat before storming out of the room, her husband giving an apologetic smile before he followed shortly after.

“Well, uh… That happened…” Sunset shrugged as she looked around the room. “My apologies, I guess. I probably should have played that better… Or not been peeking in, heh…”

“Well regardless, you ended up here instead of class.” Sunset started to sulk as she felt Principal Celestia’s gaze burn into her side. “But you being here ended up helping us, so thank you.”

“We suggest you two head to your classes. Octavia, you may come get the key to the faculty washroom for you to change in.” Luna paused at the open door and looked back as Celestia walked through.

“Oh! Erm… I am afraid that I only have my gym clothes here today…” realization slowly dawned on Octavia. “And my parents…”

“Celestia! Catch them!” Luna yelled, her eyes wide as she rushed around the corner.

“On the bright side, you should half the school busy drooling at you.” Sunset smirked as she turned back towards the girl who had started to pack away her instrument.

Only to freeze when she saw Octavia bent at hips, her pants drawing tight against her rear as she fiddled with her cello case.

“I appreciate the praise, love, but I’m pretty sure most of the school would rather focus on you.” Octavia gave a songbird like giggle as she finished hoisting her case up onto her shoulder, the strap running between the middle of her sizable bust.

“{By Celestia’s beard…}” Sunset muttered. Maybe she was just another teenager…

~

“I’m serious, babe!” Sunset couldn’t help but joining her girlfriend in laughing as the pair cuddled in bed. “You in that suit is the single, fucking, hottest, goddamn thing I’ve ever experienced!”

“Of all the things to first draw your attention, though!” the young, slate coloured woman reached up and wiped away the tears streaming down her face. “A suit?”

“You could stop a bullet train in that thing, girl! Let alone my heart!”

“...I miss that suit…” a sad smile spread across Octavia’s face as she remembered back.

Sunset reached out and slowly stroked a finger along the cheek of the suddenly quiet girl. “If I could afford to, I would have every piece of clothing ever to grace your body be made from the morning dew resting on the petals of roses, strung together by the gentle gleaming of the morning sun…”

“You are such a helpless romantic, Sunset…” a happy sigh escaped Octavia’s lips as she reached up to grab hold of Sunset’s larger hand with one of her own. “You know I love you regardless of our financial standings… I had that for all my life, until you showed me that there were still things I couldn’t buy…”

“I’m just lucky you chose me… I…” Sunset faltered and never finished her statement; she lunged forward and grabbed hold of the girl she had shared the last eighteen months with, crushing her in a loving embrace.

“I love you too, Sunset Shimmer…” Octavia said as she ran a hand through the silken strands of her partners hair. “Nor do I blame you for any of the events that occurred…”

Comments ( 7 )

Octavia’s mother seems like a salt of the earth person. Wait, no, I mean she will salt the earth after the flames die down.

Good start

talking about sunsets age does make things abit creepy to be honest

9061449
She's... something alright xD

9061701
Thankee~ ^^

9064240
Yup ^^;

But thankfully through the magic of the portal dhe's only 20/21 on Gaia! :'D

Also back in Equestria Octavia and the rest of the cast is older as well in my universes~

Login or register to comment