• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 1,431 Views, 38 Comments

Statues: Continuation - TypewriterError



A collection of one shots to go with "Statues"

  • ...
1
 38
 1,431

The Fool

A/N: Somewhat... shorter than I had anticipated... well, this isn't the last one.


“I won’t, Luna.”

“It’s our only choice.”

“You know that isn’t...”

“You know it is.” Celestia kept facing the window opened to the west.

“This was a mistake, Luna.”

“What would be the worse mistake?”

“You’re overreacting.”

“Sister...” Luna pleaded.

Celestia didn’t react. Her wings were wrapped tightly around her body. Her head was held high. The setting sun outlined it’s tamer in a rim of gold. Luna’s wings folded back as she stepped towards her sister.

“Luna,” Celestia declared, “Have you ever...” Luna’s neck stiffened as she raised her head.

“...Ever what?” Luna ask, “Celestia...”

As the Night advanced softly, the Day turned aside. Her eyes fell on a mirror and she looked farther in again to the fireplace.

“My mind is made up...”

“Celestia... I just want to talk about the statues...”

“Weren’t we?”

“Celestia... look at me.” The Sovereign of Equestria turned her head to look at her co-ruler.

“Yes?”

“Celestia... talk to me. This isn’t just...”

“You cannot order me ...” she began, turning away.

“I was asking you.” Celestia looked back to her, “I was asking you... as somepony who I love and care about, to talk with me. Celestia...”

“I’m not ready to talk about it.”

“But... we need to. Whatever this is... we need to talk about it now. Haven’t you paid attention...” she cut herself off, looking towards the red and silver carpet. Celestia sighed and pointed her muzzle to the ceiling, her eyes tracing the intricate crown molding.

“I said I am not ready to talk about it.”

“Celestia... why can’t you tell me...”

“Are you deaf, Luna?” Celestia spat, wheeling around to the younger princess. Her wings were slowly rising from her body almost like a gauge. Luna took a step back as he own wings flared.

“What I did was unforgivable and I’m sorry for that. I was gone for...”

“I don’t need a rundown, Luna. I was there, remember? Even if you weren’t...” Luna’s wings sunk. Celestia scoffed as she turned away again to look at the fire.

“I’m... I’m sorry...”

“I know. I forgave you...”

“I’m sorry, Celestia...”

“I said I fargive you.”

“Then why bring it up again? After all this time...”

Celestia lowered her head as she pawed the carpet.

“I don’t want to talk about it... You may leave.” she stated icily. Luna deliberately sauntered to the door, which she slammed behind her.

Celestia closed her eyes with that slam and kept them closed.

“How rude of her... to ignore your reasonable request...” said the mirror she had not looked at. Her brow furrowed as she opened her eyes to look up as the mirror unwound itself and towered above her.

“She’s always been like that. Even before she was Nightmare Moon.”

“Doesn’t she know you’re the one who ruled Equestria by yourself for 1,000 whole years?”

“Don’t patronize me, Discord. I could rule Equestria from the beginning without her help. Astrophel’s death... and her banishment... Equestria was better for it.”

“While I might not agree with everything you say, I do agree that you are a more capable ruler than your sister.” his svelte voice simmered as he ran one clawed finger through a mane that was gradually turning more white and translucent with each secret conversation.

“Of course I am! And she’ll learn!”

“Don’t think she’ll be easy to convince. She’s not you but she’s no fool.”

“You surprise me, Discord,” Celestia smirked, “She will always be my younger sister. No matter how big her head is.”


But, Luna was no fool.