• Published 4th May 2018
  • 1,710 Views, 9 Comments

The Alicorn Who Was Never Meant To Be - WildWPony



What if a human got pulled into Equestria by an evil mare bent on using him, after erasing his memories, to take over Equestria?

  • ...
6
 9
 1,710

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Spike was just beginning to come out of his sleep when he felt something like gas build up and a couple of seconds later he belches out a letter and he’s fully awake looking at it, “Well, that’s one way to wake me up in the morning.” Spike picks up the letter heading to the door and just when his claw almost reaches the knob the door gets thrust open and he gets pinned between it and the inside wall of the castle.

Twilight looks around the room looking for Spike but all she hears is, “This just isn’t my morning.” Coming from behind the door. She closes the door and uses her magic to unroll the letter from Celestia, “I’m sorry Spike I’ll make it up to you.” She reads the letter as it tells about the first happenings inside the mirror room to when the alicorn left the castle, “Well Spike, that answers some things anyway. I’m glad she sent me this because I couldn’t find anything at least now I can search for a mysterious black orb. I don’t think it would be any good to ask Wrench Heart sense he has lost his memory, so I guess it’s back to the library.” She says to Spike leaving and shutting the door behind her.

“Maybe now I can get a little bit more sleep before the chores.” he mumbles laying down for just a few more minutes.

As Twilight searches in the library Applejack is on her way over to Fluttershy’s cottage.

“Whoowee, I sure will need Fluttershy’s help for this year’s apple cider season.” She says coming up to the cottage door, “I know what I’ll do. I reckon I can surprise her with a delicious apple breakfast.” She opens the door, “To get her in the mood.” She steps in and toward the kitchen, “Now then where are those app…,” she gets cut off by tripping over something and landing with a thud on the wooden floor. “What the…,” She says standing up and looking at this thing stirring from underneath the blanket.

All of a sudden he was woken up with a jolt by something hitting him and hearing something hit the ground. Still in a half asleep haze he opens his eyes a little raising his head enough to slur out, “Fluttershy? I’m sorry did I trip you?” Turning his head still in a haze and thinking he sees Fluttershy, “Sorry Fluttershy,” he says standing up to rub the sleep out of his eyes so he can see straight and letting the blanket fall off of him so he can stretch.

“What….,” Applejack says as she sees an alicorn, that is obviously not Twilight stand up. “In…,” then seeing this male alicorn stretch out its wings which nearly cover the width of the kitchen, which is almost two and half ponies side by side. She hears him apologize to Fluttershy, “Tarnation.”

He finishes stretching and blinks a few times to get the sleep water out of his eyes then turns around, “I’m sorry that…,” he stops to see a light yellow colored pony with a hat on her head. Tilting his head he tries to remember how she described her friends, “Hat…which one…,”

“Huh?” Applejack retorts.

“Ah, you must be…Apple…jack. Applejack. Right?” he says nearly one hundred percent sure of himself on this one.

“Yeah, just who wants to know? Who are you and what are you doing in Fluttershy’s cottage? Wait…you friendly? Because if you aren’t you’re about to be in a mess of trouble,” Applejack says getting into her let’s get it on fighting stance.

He backs up to the wall, “Wait…yes I’m friendly,” he says with a scared light laugh, “very friendly.”

“Applejack,” Fluttershy says from the doorway, “now stop it you’re scaring him.”

Applejack’s jaw almost hits the floor watching Fluttershy walk up to stand beside this mysterious new alicorn, “What? I’m scaring him? Look at him. He’s bigger than me and you and looks like he can take on Big Mac without breaking a sweat and you say I’m scaring him?” She feels something light hit her on the side of the head and turning to see Angel with a small pile of grapes.

“Yes,” Fluttershy retorts, “you are scaring him.” She halfway turns to him using her wing to calm him, “Angel found him in the forest hurt, scared and alone with no memory at all. So, he’s going to stay here until we find out what’s going on.”

“Thanks,” he says to Fluttershy.

“You sure about this sugar cube?” Applejack retorts, “We don’t know anything about him. Heck does he even know how he got here?”

Shaking his head, “I don’t. Sorry.”

“He could be dangerous you know,” Applejack reiterates.

“Now he’s been nothing but a gentlepony and kind since he we met and he’s my friend, so I want you two to be friends as well,” Fluttershy tells her firmly.

“Well,” Applejack looks to him, “if you say so sugar cube then that’s good enough for me. What’s your name partner?”

“I don’t know. I have no memory before I woke up at the castle locked in a room, but I’m calling myself Wrench Heart for now based on this cutie mark because other than that I don’t know what my real name is.”

Applejack now begins to see the underlying fright and even terror behind those dark red eyes, “If I was to lose my memory and not even know my own name then I think I’d be scared too. Sorry about coming on to you like that.”

“Thank you,” he says quietly.

“Good,” Fluttershy speaks up, “now why were you in here Applejack?”

“Oh,” she says with a light short laugh, “dang near forgot with seeing this big guy here. I was going to make you an apple breakfast to get you in the mood to accept my offer of you helping me with this year’s apple cider season.”

“Oh, well I would like to but I think that I should stay here and help him recover.”

“Yeah speaking of him,” Applejack looks to him, “if you can’t remember anything then how the heck did you get here?”

“I think I can answer that one.”

They all turn to see Twilight standing in front of a closing door behind her, “I did a little digging and long ago there was a black orb that was found in the edge of Equestria. It didn’t have any markings or anything on it, but they felt a faint dark energy from it so they sent it to the castle for safe keeping,”

“That doesn’t sound good,” he says quietly listening intently.

“Which is why it was locked in the mirror room,” Twilight continues now unfolding the letter from Celestia, “Now to the letter Princess Celestia sent me.”

Hearing that he gets a little nervous but tries to contain it.

“It says here,” Twilight continues, “that when one of the fillies from school looked at it the writing appeared then translated itself. She then read it unknowing what it would do and according to the letter it glowed with a dark aura sending energy into the mirror activating it.”

“So wait,” Applejack spoke up, “I remember that mirror. You used it to get your crown back from that human world right?”

“Yep.”

“So does that mean he’s really a human?” it was Fluttershy’s turn to speak up looking to him.

“I think so yes,” Twilight said, “Then why doesn’t he remember anything?”

“Wait…,” Applejack said with a little confusion on her face, “If he’s human then how come he looks like this?”

“Well, when I went into the human world I then turned into a human with what they call arms and legs, so being logical if a human was to enter into Equestria he then would turn into a pony to fit in.”

“Why an alicorn though,” Fluttershy looks to him in asking.

“That I don’t know. It all could be because of the orb, but without further knowledge there’s no way to really tell for sure.” Twilight looks to him thinking, “All that the Princesses said was that on the orb it spoke of this world being tested.”

“What!?” all three said in unison.

“Wait…,” he says with a sudden horrific realization, “If the orb said this world was to be tested and the orb brought me here then…,” He looks to Fluttershy then the other two, “I’m the test.”

Applejack and Twilight look to him with dark possibilities running through their minds, but Fluttershy looks to him sweetly, “I don’t know about this test, but I do know him and he’s been nothing but kind and gentle the whole time and I know without any doubt that’s the kind of pony he is.” She doesn’t know why but she touches her hoof to the side of his head gently, “I believe in you Wrench Heart, even if you are human and even if a dark orb brought you here that’s not who you are I know it.”

He looks into her beautiful bluish green eyes and the horror and panic starts to dissipate and the calm that was before starts to return, “Fluttershy,” he says shakily then takes a breath letting the calm return and keeping his eyes on hers, “Thank you.”

Applejack and Twilight look between them with awe in what they are witnessing.

“Talk about taming the wild beast,” Applejack says just so that Twilight will here and all Twilight does is nod her head in agreement.

He was glad to be helping out at Sweet Apple Acres so as to get his mind off of the revelations he got this morning. A bruised apple can flying at him and he carefully aimed the bucket so it would land right in it with a squishy soft thud.

“Two points there Wrench Heart”

“Thanks Applejack I think I’m getting the hang of it,” Heart says as he has been watching Apple Bloom so as to get what’s going on. Before he arrived the other three consisting of Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were all introduced privately. Pinkie Pie wanted to throw a welcoming party right after cider season, Rarity was already thinking about some clothes for him and they both seemed to take it relatively well after the shock and awe. Rainbow Dash not so much, she was still weary of him. Based off of what Fluttershy told him about her that was to be expected considering she was the element of Loyalty, she would naturally be very protective of her friends. He took a minute to remember the conversation they had alone.

“Who are you?”

He shook his head, “I’m calling myself Wrench Heart due to the cutie mark, but other than that I don’t know what my real name is.”

“What are you doing here?”

“In Equestria or at Sweet Apple Acres?”

“Equestria.”

“I don’t know.”

“Sweet Apple Acres then.”

“Helping out.”

“Where did you come from?”

“Well,” he thought for a second, “according to Twilight I came from the human world.”

“Well, I’m keeping my eye on you buster.”

“Thanks.”

“Huh? If you step outside of any line you’ll have to answer to me.”

“Thank you Rainbow, I appreciate it,” he says walking off to his first assignment.

She hovers there perplexed at his answers, “He thanked me? Just who is this pony anyway?”

“Heads up Wrench Heart,” he hears from Applejack seeing a bruised apple fly to him and just makes it in time, “Keep that head out of the clouds.”

“Sorry,” he says to her now fully attentive to his duties. While he was helping Applejack and Apple Bloom with the bruised apples, Rainbow Dash was helping Big Mac with the rest of the harvest, and Rarity with Fluttershy was helping Granny Smith with choosing the best of the harvested apples.

It was late in the day when it was finally all done as they gathered around the baskets of good and bruised apples and Applejack spoke up with pride, “That was some mighty fine work y’all, couldn’t have done it without you. Good thing too because I think there looks to be a storm on the horizon.” They all gave a cheer with a good day of hard work well done, “Now let’s all go in for a little celebrating and good eats to end the day.”

They all gave a cheer again and headed into the house. The food was soon served and most of it was apple related naturally, but it was good none the less. He looked around and realized it was more of a family here than just friends. Pinkie Pie wanting to eat up everything in sight while Rainbow Dash using a type of food defense to keep her from getting all of it. Rarity while was her usual lady like self and saying “Now that’s not polite Pinkie” every time Pinkie went to grab something instead of asking. Meanwhile Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy took their time eating what they wanted and talking all among themselves. Finishing what he wanted Heart sat back and watched the group of friends and just loving the atmosphere of family in the house allowing him to be a part of something so special. He can see why they are protective of each other and why their friendship is so strong. By accident he might have come to this world but he’s grateful that he can have a small taste of what this world has to offer.

“Mister Heart,” coming out of his daydream of sorts he hears an older voice speak to him, “Would you help collect the dishes.”

“Oh Granny,” Applejack laughs lightly, “There’s no need for that we can handle it.”

“Oh no,” he speaks up with delight, “I would love to help.” He moves away from the table and starts to collect the dishes by spreading out his wings and Twilight uses her magic to place them carefully on his wings to carry into the kitchen. After a couple of trips the table is cleared and offers his help cleaning the dishes but gets ushered into finishing up cleaning the dining room.

Seeing Rarity and Twilight using their magic to move the brooms he can’t help but get curious, “Um Miss Twilight?”

She giggles a little, “Just Twilight is fine.”

“Twilight,” he smiles, “I was wondering if I have any magic?”

Twilight looks to him with a tinge of concern all this considering, but yielding, “I’m sure you do. You are an alicorn like me. All alicorns and unicorns have magic. Why? Are you interested in learning?”

“I am, if that is ok.”

“Tell you what,” Twilight says to him, “I’ll think it over and if it’s ok I’ll get some things ready and come and get you in the morning.”

“Ok, thank you Twilight.” He smiles and goes about helping with the cleanup and soon the dining room was all clean, the dishes were done, and the sun was setting on the horizon.

“Well, y’all,” Applejack says to the group at the door, “it’s been a hootin’ good time today. We got all the apples picked and separated into the barn and had an absolutely wonderful dinner.” She then hears the thunder in the distance, “In good time too. Y’all better get home before this storm hits.”

“Good idea,” Rarity pipes up, “I wouldn’t want this beautiful mane to get ruined.”

“Oh Rarity,” Applejack laughs lightly, “Good night y’all”

They all say their good nights and head to their homes and on the way Heart tells Fluttershy about him wanting to learn magic.

“You think I would be any good at it?” he asks her.

“Oh I think you would be great at it.”

“Thanks, I was just thinking that it might help in some ways. I’ve been so grateful that your friends have opened up to me.” He pauses for a second thinking of Rainbow Dash, “Well, mostly anyway.”

“Oh, don’t worry you have proven to be a good pony.”

“That’s the only way I want it to be,” he approaches the door to the cottage and opens the door for her bowing and ushering her inside with a smile.

She blushes and giggles lightly, “Oh, why thank you kind sir.” She goes into the cottage.

After he shuts the door he hears the storm almost overhead, “Made it just in time,” he says as they both look out of the window.

“Looks like it. Good night Wrench Heart,” she says then heads to her room.

“Good night Fluttershy,” he says to her and gets comfortable in between the two blankets again taking a yawn and a stretch then settles in listening to the storm build outside.

As the storm rages overhead crash after crash of lightning and thunder seems to rock the small town of Ponyville, but inside Fluttershy’s small cottage he sleeps soundly. The crackling of the storm doesn’t seem to affect him whatsoever and the rain pours on down onto the town and onto the small cottage.

About halfway through the night he wakes up to feel something shaking against him. Turning his head he sees Fluttershy, “Are you ok?” he asks just as another crack of lightning strikes.

She shrieks as the lightning strikes, “No, can I stay with you?”

He just smiles and lifts the blanket and in a flash she was shivering up against him, “its ok.” Reassuring her as he lowers the blanket to cover her just when another crash of lightning strikes and she buries her head against his neck. Feeling a little helpless he slowly takes one of his wings and gently starts to rub her back reassuringly. “It’s ok,” he says softly again, “I’m here.” After a couple of minutes she calms enough to relax into him to attempt to go to sleep. Within another few minutes she is fast asleep with her head next to his neck and her tail curled up against her. Once she’s asleep he lowers his wing around her to cover her then he can’t help but watch her sleep.

It’s strange he thinks to himself watching her, there’s a kind of strength in her that seems to be untapped. There’s a certain strength in kindness, subtle yet very powerful. She seems so fragile and weak and yet she is the one who can talk to bears, dragons and even calm his fears. With his time here in Ponyville he heard a phrase that he can’t help but repeat to himself that behind every great stallion, there’s an equally greater mare.

Just then he hears the door open and close as softly as it can, so he lifts his head to see. He sees a wet and dripping pegasus and with another flash of lightning he realizes that it’s Rainbow Dash. As she shakes herself dry he tries to speak very quietly so as not to wake Fluttershy, “Rainbow Dash? What are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

“Where’s Fluttershy buster?”

He motions to her to come over and raises his wing to raise the blanket just enough to see Fluttershy sleeping very soundly against him still with her head against him.

She moves in front of him then sees Fluttershy sound asleep and whispers low enough not to wake her, “I’ve never seen her sleep that soundly in a thunderstorm before. Even with her animals she doesn’t sleep that well.”

“Really?” he asks back liking the implication.

Rainbow sternly looks to him, “Why you?”

It takes him a second to realize what the question meant, “I was handy and you didn’t answer my question on why you’re here.”

“I…,” she says hesitantly, “I was concerned how she was going to sleep tonight. Usually during a storm she picks someone to stay with until it’s over and if no one is available she asks the animals to stay around her.”

He looks down to Fluttershy looking so calm and precious, “I want to protect her,” he says very quietly then looking to Rainbow, “with my life.”

Rainbow looks to him with a surprised look, “You really mean that don’t you?”

“Yes,” he nods, “I do. I don’t know what this test is but promise me something. Please.”

“What?”

“Watch me carefully. Of all of her friends I know that I can trust you with this. Watch me,” he looks to Rainbow with his eyes showing fear for what might happen, “I don’t want anything to happen to her, you, or any of her friends because of this test.” A tear escapes his eye and runs down his cheek, “Please.” He hopes that she understands the unsaid without having to ask it.

For once she was speechless seeing him plea to her to do something that she didn’t know if she could even do even to her worst enemy. “I’ll watch you,” she says to him.

“Thank you Rainbow Dash,” then upon hearing that he sees that she heads to the door, “Wait, where are you going? You can’t stay out on a night like this. Get a blanket and stay here tonight, you know that is what Fluttershy would want.”

Rainbow Dash gives in and gets a blanket and lays down next to Fluttershy covers herself with the blanket and they fall asleep.