• Published 27th Jul 2012
  • 850 Views, 5 Comments

The Epic Journey - JerryTheHouseGhost



Twilight receives a mysterious letter that sparks an epic journey.

  • ...
 5
 850

And So The Journey Begins

The six friends put on warm clothes and packed their saddlebags with some supplies for the journey that laid ahead of them: Food, water, medical supplies, a map, and Pinkie Pie's party cannon. Pinkie Pie insisted that she bring it, just in case they needed to have an emergency party. It wasn't a hassle to bring it, anyway, since it had the physically impossible ability to shrink down to a size that made it easily transportable.

The first challenge was to open the door and get everypony outside without letting too much snow blow inside. Applejack attempted to open the door really fast. It turned out to be a little too fast because she ended up breaking it off of it's hinges.

"What the-" exclaimed Appleack as she lost her balance and staggered her way off the porch.

"Applejack! Let go of the door!" Twilight tried to have her friend release the door from her grip before-

"What the hay?" Applejack fell on the door and started sliding away. "Somepony help me!"

"Just jump off of the door, Applejack! You're making this a lot harder than it needs to be! We need to re-attach the door!" Twilight had the feeling that some of her friends lost their common sense at random times. Just last Wednesday, Rarity had made a dress that she thought was so "beautiful" and "marvelous," but nopony would have ever expected her to catch it on fire and bash her head against it.

Applejack was quickly engulfed in the blizzard. "How are we going to find her in this blizzard?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"We'll just have to follow the track made by the door," replied Twilight. "But first, we must find something to put here to keep the snow out."

"Everypony out of the house!" Everypony barely had enough time to react before Pinkie Pie began pushing them out of the house. "I have something that can help!"

Pinkie Pie took her party cannon out of her saddle bag, let it grow to its normal size, then fired it. Sure enough, a door came flying out and landed perfectly in the doorway. Everypony just stared, jaws dropped, as Pinkie Pie put the cannon back in her saddlebag.

"What's everypony staring at? I said I had something that could help, didn't I? Sheesh, I thought you all would have been used to everything I do by now." Pinkie's friends started to focus. Twilight looked back a couple times as they began making their way into the great white wall of snow.

"It's a good thing Applejack was sliding in the direction of Everfree Forest," said Fluttershy, "we may have gotten lost if we had to follow her elsewhere."

The five friends eventually noticed that, along with the track made by the door, there were hoof tracks on either side. "It appears as though the door stopped sliding and Applejack began to push herself along," said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash seemed delighted by some thought she was having. "I wish I was on that door."

"Why? Because it would require less work?" asked Twilight.

"No! Because, um... Because it sounds fun!"

"Riiiigghht." Twilight could see through Rainbow Dash's lie.

It wasn't before long when they finally caught up to Applejack. "Whew! I thought this thing would never stop! Look at how far it slid!"

"You began to push yourself halfway," said Twilight.

"Oh yeah," said Applejack. "I guess it was a 'lil fun, then!"

"I told you!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Girls, if you would stop this argument before it begins, might I suggest we continue on to Zecora's place before some of us FREEZE OUR HOOVES OFF!?!?" Rarity was always able to persuade ponies to do things. She would either ask nicely, or demand them to be done. This was somewhere between those two.

"Rarity's right," agreed Twilight, "let's keep going." The six ponies eventually reached the edge of Everfree Forest. They continued along the path. Though the blizzard made it difficult to see ahead of them, the ponies were able to tell the difference between the path and everything else around it. They weren't able to see Zecora's hut until they were about ten feet away from it; and after Twilight had tripped over a fallen tree.

"Aaahhhh- ouch!" exclaimed Twilight as she hit the hard, icy ground beneath her.

Rainbow Dash was the first to get to her. "Are you okay Twi- Hey! It's Zecora's hut!" Everypony began to run towards it.

"Is nopony going to help me!?" Nopony acknowledged what Twilight said. She got herself up. "Yeah, thanks! Oh, no, I'm totally fine! Nopony needs to take the time to find out!" Twilight was being very sarcastic.

Rainbow Dash knocked on the door of Zecora's hut. After a few seconds, Zecora opened the door. "What a surprise: My six favorite ponies! Now all of you get inside, before your hooves freeze."

"At least somepony knows about the dangers of freezing hooves!" Everypony stared at Rarity. "What? It's a devastating matter with horrid results!"

"What brings you ponies by my place? Need you some medicine? A cold to erase?"

"I know it was you who delivered the letter, Zecora!" Twilight wasn't going to let anypony start a conversation before she got the information she needed.

"Oh, come now, Twilight. We all know it was just a dream." Said Rarity.

"You may think she gave a random shot; but accused the wrong zebra, Twilight has not." Replied Zecora.

"Tell me everything! Who had you deliver the letter!?!?" Twilight demanded.

"I know nothing but just a bite. I can, however, send you down the right.... Path...." Zecora looked around the room, hoping that nopony had caught her mistake.

"Okay Zecora, just tell me where we need to go." said Twilight. Zecora was relieved that nopony had noticed-

"Aren't you supposed to rhyme?" asked Pinkie Pie.

Drat! Somepony noticed! Zecora tried to play it off. "I know not of what you speak. You must climb the East Mountain's peak."

"Okay, everypony! I know you all don't like travelling in the blizzard, but we can make it to East Mountain and make a camp there before sundown! Let's go!" Twilight left Zecora's hut, and everypony followed her. All except Pinkie Pie. She just stared at Zecora.

"I'm watching you, Zecora." said Pinkie Pie.

"Just leave me alone!" replied Zecora.

"Okay! See you later!" answered Pinkie Pie as she left the hut.