• Published 7th May 2018
  • 2,041 Views, 114 Comments

Chasing Twilight Stars - RejectOwl



A smokey gray colt is left on the steps of the Castle of Friendship. Twilight steps up as his mother. How will our newest little prince handle his life?

  • ...
6
 114
 2,041

Chapter 15

Twilight trotted around the kitchen, grabbing supplies in her magic as she went.

She'd read a book all about this, so she knew exactly how she had to set up everything.

Twilight wasn't quite sure if she had romantic feelings for Cinnamon, she knew she didn't not have them, but it was clear that Cinnamon had them for her, and she decided to do something about that. Maybe she had feelings she just wasn't acknowledging, and besides, a date might be nice, even if it didn't work out, they still had Star Chaser to bond over. And if it didn't work out, maybe Cinnamon's crush on Twilight would end once she saw they would be a romantic disaster. Of course, there was also the chance it would work out, which Twilight tried not to be too hopeful towards, just in case. Which lead to Twilight asking the mare out a few days ago, and then setting up their own personal "at home" date, Fluttershy would once again babysit Star Chaser.

Cinnamon Flower was out with Star Chaser for a walk before he would be dropped at Fluttershy's cottage, she'd said she'd stop by and grab them dessert if Twilight gave her some bits. She didn't know Twilight's whole plan, but Twilight preferred it that way.

Twilight thought of the impending date, and her heart fluttered.

"Okay, so maybe there are some feelings there." She laughed nervously to herself.

Spike trotted over with fancy silverware.

"Thanks Spike, once again, you are my number one assistant." Twilight nervously laughed.

"No prob, but after I help with this, I'm outta here." He grumbled.

"Yeah I know, can't let the dragon see mushymush stuff can we?" Twilight teased, and Spike pretended to gag.

"Mares." He rolled his eyes.



Cinnamon tapped her hooves on the table rather shyly and smiled up at Twilight.

"Thanks Twilight, for giving me a chance." Cinnamon whispered. "I know I wasn't exactly good at hiding my feelings."

"You weren't, but, it's kind of cute." Twilight smiled as she caused Cinnamon to blush furiously.

"Right, Twilight." Cinnamon nodded. "So, what did you make anyway?"

"Daisy salads and carrot crêpes!" Twilight exclaimed presenting the salads and treats.

"Oh, wow! Carrot crêpes are my favorite!" Cinnamon exclaimed with wonderment in her voice.


"This is, really nice Twilight," Cinnamon smiled, having finally relaxed enough to be sort of back to herself.

"It is? I didn't royally blow it?" Twilight asked with her ears perked up.

"You didn't." Cinnamon blushed. "I think... I'd like to do this again sometime."

"Oh, wow, okay!" Twilight smiled brightly. "I'm kind of shocked this worked out but, lets roll with it!"

"Why shocked?" Cinnamon whispered, worried the princess thought her below herself.

"We're friends Cinnamon, obviously, I just, I wasn't sure if you being my marefriend might work out or not.... it did work out right?" Twilight asked frantically.

Cinnamon blushed furiously and nodded.

"I really like you, Twilight." She mumbled.

"I really like you, too." Twilight smiled.

"Good, I was hoping you did when you asked me out." Cinnamon responded with a laugh.

"No, I ask out ponies because I hate them!" Twilight exclaimed with fake dramatics. "But seriously Cinnamon, I do like you, like a lot, you're drop dead gorgeous, you're able to discuss books with me, always a plus, I like the cute shyness of you too. You're not so shy you can't do anything, but you're still all blushy when you get nervous and oh my Faust it's just the cutest bucking thing ever! Besides Star Chaser, obviously."

"Well obviously he's the cutest thing in all of Equestira and beyond." Cinnamon laughed gently.

"Indeed." Twilight nodded with a smile.

Cinnamon fidgeted in her seat, unsure of what to do next, she'd never had a date go so smoothly, most of hers ended in total disaster. Well besides the one that caused Star Chaser, and since that whole relationship had blown up, she didn't quite count it as a successful date.

"Cinnamon?" Twilight asked.

"Hmm?" The mare responded, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Can I kiss you?" The alicorn asked gently.

"Wha-really?" She squeaked and her face flushed.

"Yes really. You are too cute and adorable and beautiful and I really really want to kiss you right now. I know you aren't supposed to on the first date and all that, and um, it just it sounds really nice, and you're really cute, and I really want to kiss you and...I'm babbling again."

"Yes." Cinnamon smiled and blushed even more.

"Faust I need to learn to stop the babbling." Twilight cursed herself.

"No, I mean, yes, you can kiss me." She mumbled.

Twilight stared in shock for a moment before carefully pulling the mare towards her in her magic, Cinnamon looked down, blushing even deeper, Twilight could see it even against the red of her cheek fur. Her beautiful green eyes were full of worry and excitement, Twilight could feel Cinnamon shaking slightly.

Twilight hugged the mare to herself and then pressed her muzzle against Cinnamon's. The younger mare stiffened momentarily and then sighed and deepened the kiss.

Twilight pulled away and watched Cinnamon for a response. The mare sucked in a large breath and then exhaled slowly.

"That bad?" Twilight asked as her ears went down.

Cinnamon shook her head and pulled Twilight towards her and kissed her fiercely.

"It was wonderful, I think, I'd like to do all of this again, and again, and again." Cinnamon smiled.

"I was hoping you'd say that." Twilight giggled and nuzzled Cinnamon's cheek.

"Wait...wait! Does... um... does this mean I'm dating a princess?" Cinnamon asked in shock.

"It does." Twilight laughed and kissed her again.

"I have gone from a piece of crap who barely cared about me... to a princess. Dang that's some improvement! I'm not worthy." Cinnamon said as her eyes widened. "Holy shit. I'm dating a princess. I'm dating a princess. I'm dating a princ-"

Twilight cut her off with another kiss.

"Hush my darling." Twilight smiled. "You're worth the world, and certainly worthy of a princess, particularly a princess who thinks you are gorgeous and so sweet and talented."

Twilight sighed as she gazed at Cinnamon Flower, she really was stunning.

"Hey, how about we go watch the sunset?" Twilight asked with a smile. "Lets get Spike and Star Chaser too, a little family outing."

Cinnamon Flower nodded and they headed back to Fluttershy's to collect the foal and dragon.


"Spike," Twilight said as she, Cinnamon Flower and Star Chaser watched the sunset.

"Yeah?"

"Could you send a letter to Celestia?"

"Oh! Of course!" Spike answered, and Twilight poofed a quill and parchment into his claws.

"What are we writing? 'Bout Star Chaser?" Spike asked.

"Kinda." Twilight smiled glancing at Cinnamon Flower.

"Ehem, it's been so long since I've done this,
Dear Princess Celestia,

I have been reminded of my prior lesson to never judge a book by it's cover.
You remember the foal that was left to my care?
Well, his birth mother came forward and I've been spending a lot of time with her and Star Chaser together.
I thought this could end in Star Chaser being taken from me, but it turns out, we work great together taking care of him.
So I suppose dating was inevitable. I now have a marefriend, her name is Cinnamon Flower, and she's the prettiest, sweetest, most amazing mare I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Yes, even prettier than you Celestia.

Signed,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

"Are you sure?" Spike asked worriedly, as Cinnamon's face flushed again.

"Send it!" Twilight nodded.

"Are you sure that was the best thing to send?" Spike laughed after he'd sent the letter away.

"Yes! Fight me Celestia my marefriend is prettier than you, Faust dammit!" Twilight playfully stomped her hoof.

"Oh really?" A voice asked behind Twilight.

"Celestia! Oh crap!" Twilight shouted and backed way. "Um... I ah... I didn't mean it in a bad way, I mean you're definitely number two on the list of prettiest mares... I mean, oh Faust please don't banish me."

Celestia burst out laughing.

"That, was worth the teleport." She smirked.

"You're not gonna banish me?" Twilight laughed.

"No Twilight. Now marefriend?" She asked teasingly.

"Oh, right." Twilight nodded to Cinnamon Flower who bowed deeply.

"Celestia, this is Cinnamon Flower. She's Star Chaser's birth mother, it's how we met."

"So you are who left him in the care of Twilight?"

Cinnamon Flower nodded without a word.

"And I assume you did this because you thought a princess would be the best thing you could get to in your town that could aid your foal?"

Again a nod.

"Well then Cinnamon Flower, you chose well." Celestia nodded and laid in the grass beside the mares.

"You don't mind, do you?"

Both mares shook their heads as they continued to watch the sun setting.