• Published 12th Apr 2018
  • 6,910 Views, 72 Comments

The Elder Dragons of Equestria - FanboyGamer3E



Imagine you're transported to Equestria, you've also been transformed into one of the Elder Dragons from Monster Hunter, That is what our sweet protagonist and several others are going through. The problem is they look evil, and are OP as hell.

  • ...
28
 72
 6,910

Chapter 10. Chronicles of the first king.

Long ago, there was a world of only light. A timeless land of eternity with a sun that burned in the sky without either beginning or end. This world was of light was inhabited by men, beasts, and the five great dragons that had created everything they could comprehend. Because this land was without time, nothing was ever lost while nothing was ever gained either, this was both the blessing and the curse of eternity.

The Dragons knew the nature of the world, for it was of their design. However they did not share the secret, saying that to do so would be to unveil knowledge that their creations would not be ready for.

The beasts chose to not question the dragons, for they were ever faithful to their creators.

However, the men were curious, impatient, and prideful, and in their arrogance they went to the dragons, saying that they were dissatisfied with the eternal nothingness of the world, and asked the dragons to explain why the world was the way it was. The dragons opened with mouths as if to answer, but from their maws poured water, wind, and clouds instead of words. It rushed out in streams to create the Skys and the oceans, and the dragons swam away.

The dragons swam to the center of the ocean, and there they began to transform into an island. The first Dragon sank into the sea and became the land. The second lifted its gaze to the sky and became the mountains. The Third stooped low to become the lakes, and scattered its scales into the clouds to make the rains. The Forth fell into a deep sleep to become the forests. And the last dragon climbed into the sky and swallowed the sun, to create a star of sapphire blue which now shown brightly above the island.

The men could not understand why the dragons had left or why they had transformed, and even though they wished to gain the answers they sought they were too afraid to cross the unknown seas. While the beasts simply waited and hoped that their masters would return.

Eventually, a lone youth with pointed ears decided to travel to the island to seek the answers from the dragons themselves. The men looked at the boy and scoffed, jealously saying that he would simply be swept away by the seas. But the boy care, he merely dawned a simple cloak, climbed in a simple boat, and cast off alone into the seas. At last, guided by the Sapphire Star, he reached the island of the five.

Some time passed before the boy returned. When he did, those who previously called him a fool and jealously mocked him were now singing his praises and asking him, "Did you speak with the dragons?"

"Yes. I did." The boy replied.

"Then tell us, why did they create the island?"

The youth did not answer, instead he pulled out five dragon scales which he used to create his own land, mountains, lakes, rain, and forests. The land eclipsed the white world, and with the scale which the boy had broken in two, he created the moon and a new sun so that the sapphire star which guided him during his voyage would not shine alone in the sky.

As the light from the sun and moon grew, day and night were born.

As the Mountains, Lakes, and forests breathed together, the four seasons were born.

As the Moon shined it light on the ocean, the tides were born.

And as all these things began to breath in harmony, time itself was born, which created life and death. The men thanked the boy for giving them life, but also scorned him for giving them death. The boy then turned towards the beasts and said that for their faith in their masters, the were to be blessed with the powers of the dragons. And so the boy took out a bag of dust and blew it onto the beasts, changing them into dragons.

The boy then pointed to the island and said, "When you feel that your death is approaching, cross the seas and go to your master, and they will welcome you with open arms."

In the millennia that passed, the children of the youth would go on to become the Wyverians, the dragons would go to the island where their ancient masters are waiting for them, and the men bitterly chose to forget the true events of what happened, instead saying that it was them who created the mountains, lakes, and forests, and yet even though they have forgotten the truth, they still cannot purge the island's memory from their hearts, or blind themselves from the light of the light of the Sapphire Star.

However, even though the have not forgotten the sacred island, they have also not forgotten their primal flaws. Curiosity, Dissatisfaction, and Arrogance. They believed themselves to be exempt from the laws of the world, and so they created a massive empire during the first age of man. The empire's monarchs are the Wyverians, however they are merely figureheads, the true rulers and masterminds of this great kingdom are the humans. They grew their empire by stripping the great land of its resources and leaving only wasteland and desert in their wake, deserts that now cover nearly a quarter of the great continent. With the wood and stone ripped from the land massive temples and monoliths are constructed, the Wyverians are gifted with gold, silver, platinum and countless kinds of jewels, while ores such as Iron and Dragonite are used to create new tools and weapons used to further subjugate the land, and even the dragons blessed with the power of the original five.

The Dragons are made into slaves to further power the empire, and slain to be eaten like cattle to further man's gluttonous life style, with their hide and bones used to grant new power to the weapons they construct. However, the final injustice was the creation of the five abominations known as "The Equal Dragon Weapons." Towering Behemoths made from the bodies of countless Dragons, and given life by the science of man's disturbed mind. These abominations of nature, mockeries of the original five, were completely under the control of man and where used to subjugate the whole of the world's wilds, save for but just one lone creature. A noble stallion with a crystalline horn, who could run with the clouds and ride on the wind.

The Stallion crossed the ocean in search of any dragons who had not yet passed away, those who he found were of the oldest and monster powerful generation. These Elder Dragons were applauded and enraged by the acts of mankind, and so against their own nature they crossed back over to the mainland and began the war against man kind. Starting at the coast, they circled the continent and destroyed all hopes of escaping judgement. They liberated the dragons from all across the land before marching on the capitol.

There the empire unleashed their "Equal Dragon Weapons" and laid siege to the invading armies. However from the depths of despair one dragon rose up and devoured the abominations one piece at a time, taking their power for his own and laying waste to the remaining forces of the army. With their guardians defeated the humans surrendered, finally humbled by the loss of their great empire. The Dragons, though resentful, chose to let humanity live with the defeat at the hands of those they once thought lesser. However one dragon, once the most noble and gentle of his kind could not forgive humanity of its sins.

With his body and soul turned black, he vowed that his bloodline would cause as much death and destruction to the humans as they did to his kind and the land. The dragon who had devoured the five weapons asked him to reconsider, but the black dragon merely said this. "I hear your words my brother but care not for them. I will not blame you for judging me, but know if you seek to stop me then you too shall become my enemy."

And so the two dragons parted ways, each having three children of their own.

The first child of the black dragon, inherited his father's hatred and cruelty towards the humans, and all who supported them. The second, inherited the burning heat of his fathers will. The third, inherited his father's nobility, and mastery of all elements.

The children of the devourer, who had since travel to the island of the five, also inherited traits from their progenitor. The first child inherited his father's curse, the hunger for the flesh of other dragons the the devourer had gained by consuming the abominations. The second inherited yet another curse, the overwhelming size of the abominations, which would soon come to dwarf that of all other dragons. However child, inherited the compassion of his father, and thus was chosen to become the guardians of the island of the five, tasked with ensuring the elder dragons passed peacefully into the embrace of their creators.

However, there was a forth child brewing within the devourer, one who's spirit was made up of the pain, anguish, and hate of all the dragons used to create the Equal Dragon Weapons, one who would grow to become even more powerful than even the original five. And so, fearing for the newly establish peace of the world, the devourer chose to purge all the power and Bio-Energy from his body, creating a massive mountain of crystals which would serve as his grave.

Yet another Millenia passed, until finally humans began traveling the island of the five, which they now called "The New World." They came, not to destroy but to learn, to study this paradise untainted by corruption. The guardians of the island which they named the "Val Hazak" chose to allow them to study their land so long as they did not repeat their bad habits. One day, a severe storm began to swirl of the coast of the New World, one of the oldest of the Val Hazak flew out to meet with the five oldest Elder Dragons who had preceded the rest, and guide them to the shores of the island. Suddenly a massive portal opened at the bottom of the sea, swallowing up the Elders and Val Hazak, stranding them it a wasteland.

The Elders despair, thinking that their master had abandoned them. But Val Hazak knew different, he saw this as an opportunity and declared that the Elders were chosen to create a new land from nothing, just as the five had created their island from nothing. And so It was that the elders passed away, and a new land was created.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present Day Equestria

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That was around 40 or 50 years ago." Val Hazak continued. "Ever since my Father and the five other Elders Landed in this world, monsters have been appearing here from all over the new and old worlds like Valstrax, Akantor, Shen Gaoren, and my mother the Black-veiled Queen."

"Black-veiled?" Twilight said in a confused tone.

"It's a subspecies of Val Hazak." Nergigante explained. "Although, it's really more like the next step in the species' lifespan. When a Val Hazak absorbed enough effluvium into their body, and that layer of dead flesh they wear begins to decay, they become a host to the same kind of fungal effluvium covering the Brachydios, only to a much more rapid extent. And when a Val Hazak finally dies they funnel all their Bio-energy into the Effluvium instead of the environment, creating-."

"The grand fungus." Val Hazak said. "The precursor to the giant coral which make up the highlands high above the rotten vale back in the new world. The one my father spawn is merely in its infancy, having only been created five years ago, but in time it and the ones my mother, myself, and my our descendants will create will cover the whole of this land of death and give way to a knew land."

"Wait, five years ago. That was back when Nightmare Moon first appeared." Rainbow said.

"If I may as, where is the queen now?" Nergigante asked.

"She has made her home within the body of the Loa-Shang-Lung. Although in truth she could be anywhere. My father decree that once one of my kind reaches the Black-veiled state, they are able travel freely across the land in order to greatly spread the growth of the grand fungi, so she could have traveled somewhere else."

"Alright well, I don't really want to go on a wild goose chase, so how 'bout we both join forces and you can extend the offer to mommy dearest for me, that sound good?"

"You assume much Elder Eater. Important topics such as this require council with true rulers."

"Yeah, exactly. Why do you think I brought Twilight with me, she's one of the rulers of Equestria."

"Precisely, she is but One of the rulers, just as I am but one of the four kings of this land. In order for negotiations to take place between Equestria and this land all active rulers must have a say in the matter. We can arrange a proper peace conference to be held on neutral ground at a later date, however it might take some time to convince the king of fire and the king of the swarm to even agree to leave their territories."

"Thank you for being so understanding, and I'm sure the other princesses and Queen Chrysalis will agree to these talks quite easily." Twilight said reaching into her saddlebag and retrieving a small scroll along with a quill and ink vial. "Here, when you've gathered up all the rulers of this kingdom you can write me a letter in this scroll."

Val Hazak took the items in his claws and asked, "How will I send it back to you?"

"It's a teleportation scroll, all you need to do is write the name of the person you want to send it to, then burn it in order for the spell to take effect. It's super easy, I used to use them to keep in contact with princess Celestia back before I was a princess."

"The, spell?"

"It's a way of using magic." Nergigante said. "An energy similar to the Bio-Energy we Elder Dragons possess. Only these ponies can use their energy in a far more versatile ways. Like this for example." Nergigante pressed his hands together transforming back into his Nergi form. "This spell essentially lets me transform into a smaller and weaker version of myself."

"I see, most impressive Elder Eater. Very well then, once I have convinced the other rulers of this land to attend, we shall meet on the border between our and your Kingdom of Equestria."

"Thank you king Val Hazak, and if it's not too informal, may I call you Val."

"I don't see why not, it will make addressing me in conversation easier. Now then, if there's nothing more to discuss I shall have Yellowtail escort you to the edge of my territory."

As the team was lead out by their guide Twilight trotted up beside Nergi to speak with him.

"I think that went good, don't you."

"Sure, better than I expected actually. I expected them to have a biased against joining us, but I think that the whole thing went well. And we got some information out of it to."

"You mean that stuff about that portal?"

"Exactly, I knew that monsters had been appearing here since before I arrived here myself. But I didn't expect them to be showing up in the same place for 50 year, though it does explain how Starlight got her hand on that Fatalis staff."

"My thoughts exactly, a magical Item like that takes a lot of time and effort to craft. Well, whatever the case, it seems like coming here was worth it after all."

"There's one thing I don't understand though. This place has been here for 50 years, how has no-one in Equestria known about it till now?"

"Well this region's been notoriously barren since the war between Equestria and the crystal empire years ago. Back then Sombra was draining the magic from neighboring lands to push back the eternal winter since he couldn't rely on the power of the crystal heart any more. This left the land dead and infertile so no pony ever bothered coming here any more, in fact the only reason we found this place was because we were tracking down Sombra. He had been seen in this area after the battle with Tirek, and when the WonderBolts were scouting here the found this place."

"I see, so in fleeing from the land of his enemies he found new life in a land he had killed decades ago. Y'know this whole situation is kinda poetic if you leave out all the corpses."

"I suppose it is."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile

In a distant universe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lone man sat in the middle of the woods, his silver hair shimmering in the moonlight. He had destroyed all the totems he found to lure out the spirit he was hunting, however these woods were ancient and untamed, stretching for miles across the horizon. The man heard something approaching from behind him, it was far too big to be his quarry but that didn't matter to him, he would just have to ask for additional pay.

As the man stood up he took hold of the silver sword hanging on his back and turned to face his opponent but was surprised by what he saw. Stepping into view was a large muscular centaur wrapped in a brown robe, with red skin and a pair of horns that made him look more like a sylvan.

"So you're Geralt of Rivia." The Centaur said "The famed white wolf who slew the king of the wild hunt elves, along with countless other men and monsters."

"You seem to know a lot about me, but who are you and why are you here. I've never seen a Centaur before, and certainly never heard of one coming to this side of Korath desert."

"I am Tirek, and I am not of this world, as hard as it is for you to believe."

"It's not as hard as you might think actually, I have a bad habit of getting sucked into portals."

"Quite, as for why I'm here I think it should be obvious, to do battle with you."

"Look, I'm kinda in the middle of something and I don't have time to fight some show-boating Centaur so could we maybe do this some other time."

"I'm sorry but I'd prefer we cut right to the chase." Tirek said as he charged and Geralt who easily rolled out of the way, dodging the hooves and upper cut the Centaur threw before casting his Igni spell. Tirek simple braced his body against the fire attack before reaching out and grabbing Geralt by the wrist.

Geralt was stunned not just by the Centaur's strength, but also the sensation he felt radiating across his body. It felt as if someone had cast the Axii and Yrden spells on him, making his mind hazy and body heavy and weak.

"Wha- what is this?"

"Contact based telepathy, I call it Mind Leeching. It's a useful ability I picked up in another world, one far more desolate that you or I could imagine. A world destroyed by war, where even the air is poisonous, and where humans are forced to take refuse in the under tunnels they call the Metro. Where as the surface is ruled by mutants, vicious hounds that can rip meat apart in seconds, winged beasts that resemble demons and are called as such, and at the pinochle of this tainted world's food chain were a race of beings simply called the Dark Ones. The same race I got this power from, It's a shame I only managed to absorb the power of two of them before the rest were wiped out by the humans in a misguided attempt to preserve themselves, and what's funny about this, is that the one responsible for destroying them was the one they expected to bridge the gap between their two races. Now then, let's see what you have to offer."

Tirek looked inside Geralt's mind for a moment before his smug grin turned to a scowl.

"Tch, what a disappointment. After all the hype I expected you to be more powerful than this. Your spells are versatile but your overall proficiency with magic is that of a child. Your mutations give you greater stamina, agility, and endurance, but not anything I can't get from any wild animal, and the one note worthy thing about you is your connection to Cirilla, the lady of space and time. At least she has powers worth absorbing but it's nearly impossible to track her down, and as for you, you're free to go.

Tirek let go of Geralt's hand and let him drop to the ground.

"Absorbing your power wouldn't give me anything I don't already have. As an apology for wasting both of our time, I'll handle killing thing for you."

Geralt looked up from the ground to see that his target had come to him, an Ancient Leshen that had been stalking the Northern frontier of Poviss for generations now. The Witcher turned to Tirek who was simply looking up at the night sky intently, before suddenly cracking a smile and saying, "That one should do."

Tirek turned to him and said, "You'd better start running Witcher, unless you want to be caught in the blast."

"Blast, what blast?"

Tirek merely raised his had which was now rippling with magical energy before shouting,
"COME TO ME, METEOR."

As Tirek fired the energy into the air a bright red light began to glow in the sky, starting as a small speck at first but slowly growing in size and intensity. As it grew closer clouds began to appear as the heat in the area began to grow, and as they began to blot out the sky, Geralt realized the severity of the situation and began sprinting away from the clearing at top speed. The Leshen had a different idea, choosing to instead attack the caster of the spell. It charged at Tirek and planted its claw in Tirek's stomach, to little effect.

"Hehehe, that might have worked before. But unfortunately for you, I've been working on my abs."

The Leshen tried to pull its arm out of Tirek but was met by resistance.

"I don't think so you nature freak, you made your choice. I would say you have to live with it, but you and I both know that's not happening. After all we're in the middle of the blast zone."

As the building sized meteor broke through the cloud cover both Tirek and the Leshen where engulfed in flames. Geralt slid behind a boulder as it slayed into the ground and caused a massive explosion. When the shaking had finally stop and the dust had cleared, Geralt looked back at the impact size seeing a crater in the earth. And in the center was Tirek holding the eviscerated leshen, its lower half completely gone, its antlers broken, its bones broken and splinter, the moss on its body simply incinerated, and yet it still clung to life reaching out its broken claw to grab Tirek's neck.

"Well, well, well, you Are resilient. Perhaps coming to this world won't be a total loss after all."

Tirek tightened his grip on the Leshen, and opened his mouth to absorb the magic from its body and as he did he siphoned off what little life force the beast had left.

"My, I didn't expect to kill it by absorbing its magic. No matter, I drained enough to be able to copy its powers, so the rest of it is quite literally dead weight. I suppose my debt to the Witcher is paid, time to move on to the next."

Tirek charged magic through both of his hands and created a crackling portal.

"Why not stay?" The voice in Tirek's chest asked. "Why not simply devour all the magic in this world?"

"That's not how the spell works, I can only stay in a different world for a set period of time before being transported back to Equestria. That is how the spells creator, Skywarp the planewalker, designed it. I was fortunate enough to find this loophole by chance, and I'd rather not return to Equestria until I'm absolutely certain I can defeat the princesses, and that dragon."

Author's Note:

I got all the lore and information used to make this chapter from the Strawfoot Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7eZMdT3g-5c0MzJ4xpepjA

I hope I did my best to accurately portray to lore from the perspective of the dragons, and that you enjoy the chapter.