• Published 28th Jul 2012
  • 2,402 Views, 23 Comments

Hero factory; Equestrian Breakout - SidwaysStraxus



When a breakout occurs, the villians are sent to equestria, and heroes and ponies must team up

  • ...
3
 23
 2,402

Chapter 6 - Dogfights and Demolitions

“Hover in one place you accursed multicolor abomination!” If the thought was spoken it would be dripping with livid feelings, basted with loathing, and roasted in the fires of hatred for all eternity. Thornraxx hated a lot of things. He hated Mondays, he hated sunlight, he hated the entire universe, and everything in it. But what he hated the most, at this very moment at least, was the fact that the stupid winged horse who he intended to make a paperweight out of its’ head was a better flyer than him. However his definition of better just meant angrier than he was. He could tell because in the several attempts that he tried to takes its head off (or to his own anger, vice versa) the creature always glared at him with a look the he would only call utter contempt. The dogfight he was in the midst of was going absolutely nowhere, due to the fact that he could never land a blow on the pest, and none of its attacks could do more than give him a slow increase of rage. He probably would have exploded from it had his species not evolved for massive surges of anger.

“What’s the matter you tinfoil turkey? Too fast for ya?” the multicolored winged horse taunted.

Turkey…

Turkey…

TURKEY!?!?!

That was it… he was going to rip its’ head off. He had been called many names, and he had rended just as many sentient beings to a gruesome mess. But no one had ever shown the nerve to be an absolute ignorant about the fact that the giant insectoid abomination that was about to kill them was in fact an Imma%$#&*@%gonnakeelu wasp. If anyone tried to tell you the name of your name of the species otherwise, you’d use them as a stinger cushion.

You have to stop internally monologuing to yourself.


*thump*

Spike surprisingly woke up the moment he heard it, after Applejack, Twilight, and the robot had left, he tried to go back to sleep. Sadly however, it seemed that the day had other plans.

“I’m coming…” he groaned, trying to wake himself up before getting to the door. He hopped down the stairwell and turned to the door. Surprisingly, Owlowiscious, instead of being asleep, was wide awake and staring intently out the window by the front door. The owl turned his head toward spike and shook his head.

Spike blinked. “What’s wrong? Usually it’s rude to not answer the door if someone knocks…” Spike said, still walking towards the door. Before he could reach for the knob, the end of a large yellow spike pierced the door. The owl quickly flew away from his perch and upstairs. Spike blinked for a moment before he noticed the object wedged in the door was starting to crackle and hiss. The young dragon didn’t know why, but he had to resist the urge to yell; “duck and cover” as he dove behind the couch.

*KA-BOOM*

The door splintered into a thousand pieces, several of them getting embedded into the couch Spike hid behind, who only peeked over when the bits of the front door stop falling. His eyes rested upon the figure through the doorway. The figure stepped through the door eyes slowly examining the abode around him. It stood a head taller than Luna, and was colored red and black, with hints of yellow on the spikes.

“Knock-Knock, anyone home?”

The intruder spoke with an accent that Spike couldn’t recognize. It glanced around the room, showing obvious disregard for the books upon the shelves. It began walking into the home, prompting the little dragon to hide under the couch. Spike watched as the figure ransacked the library, looking for something. “Ah-a!” he reached into a bookshelf, still partly uncovered, and pulled out an old dirty book. The thief flipped through a few pages, only stopping once, studying a page with intent before smirking, and shutting the book. “Well, that wasn’t as profitable as I wished.” He turned to the door before stopping at the window and doing a double take. “Heroes!” he cursed.

“Heroes?” Spike thought “Didn’t Nex call himself a-” Spike’s eyes widened as the robber plucked a spike from his shoulder and threw it out the window with speed and accuracy that would make rainbow dash jealous, only for his absolute awe to be replaced with utter fear when he hear a quite audible explosion in the distance. He was about to jump at the attacker when he turned and put the book back in its position on the self.

“No need for them to know what I found” He muttered, turning back to the window and launching more of his explosives out the window. Spike slowly crawled out from under the couch, a flurry of thoughts in his head. “If he’s attacking Nex… then he could hurt Twilight.” Spike paled at the thought of his best friend getting hurt. Before he thought twice about what he was doing, he spat a wad of fire at the back of the figure.


*KA-BOOOOOOOM*

Twilight froze when she saw the library in the distance go up in smoke. “Spike!” she shouted, before rushing towards the wreckage of the library.

“Twilight! Wait!” Applejack protested, lunging for her friend before she could try anything rash. But the unicorn teleported out of her reach before she could stop her. “I’m going after her!” she shouted to the heroes, before a large grey hand grabbed her. She looked up at Bulk and struggled against his grip. “let me GO!” She yelled

“It’s too dangerous!” The Metallic hero spoke, worried, and angered at the same time. “Xplode has enough explosives to seed your farm, and you’re about to rush in and attack with no regard-”

“For what!?! My own safety!?!” she spat back.

“For the safety of your friends!” he stated. “This is your hometown, surrounded by people you know. They’ll trust you more than a bunch of robots brawling in the middle of your town. You have to get them to safety while I take down Xplode!”

“You mean us right?” Nex questioned.
Bulk shot him a ‘Not Now’ look and turned back to Applejack. “Twilight is your friend; you need to keep her and the rest of this town safe. You understand right?”

Applejack stared in shock. He knew he had only known her for all of ten minutes, and could tell that she was one of the few that the town would listen to her. She nodded. “Just make sure this Xplode rat gets what’s comin’ to him.”

“I will” the gray hero replied. With that Applejack turned and ran into the town. He turned to Nex. “Nex, listen to me before you argue. Xplode has explosives that will blast you into the atmosphere, and your armor can’t handle that. Mine can. I need you to reestablish contact with the rest of the team before you join the fight. Then I want you to make sure he can’t hurt any civilians, make sure he can’t make a move.”

“but” Nex tried to interject.

“Listen R- Nex-”Bulk caught himself from calling the orange hero a rookie. “You can help in the fight, but you can’t engage him directly! You have to rally the heroes so Xplode doesn’t out gun and outrun us.”

“Alright” Nex conceded. “I promise”

With that, Bulk rushed towards the town, leaving Nex to set down his radio equipment.

“Wow, he must trust you a lot.” Pinkie spoke, breaking the silence. “he didn’t even make you pinkie promise!”

“He doesn’t need to” Nex replied, “Heroes like us trust each other that much.” He continued fiddling with the equipment before stopping. “How do you?”

“Do what?” Pinkie asked.

“Pinkie promise, you’re a pony you don’t even have fingers!” Nex sputtered, obviously stumped.

“Silly! You don’t need fingers to do a Pinkie Promise!”


Rainbow Dash rolled out of the way of another highly telegraphed attack from the giant hornet attacking her and bucked the creature in the back. The fight going on between her and it had stretched into a half hour, far too long for her tastes, and her early morning aches from sleeping on the cold, stiff storm clouds were starting to act up again. “wait a minute” she suddenly remembered the pegasus who she left on the clouds, she quickly looked down and spotted the ice blue stallion in question, who from the looks of it was getting his sight back quite quickly, and had gathered up the storm clouds quite well.

“Rainbow Dash!” Frostbite shouted. “Are you still up there?”

“Yeah, but this stupid fly won’t leave me alone!” she replied, dodging another swing of the monsters claws.

“Do you see any storm clouds, other than the ones I’m sitting on?”

“Well, yeah but…”

“keep him busy for a minute! I’ve got a plan!” the stallion then hovered off the clouds and started looking for the storm clouds in question. Several skillful dodges and amazing counterattacks later (from her own perspective, at least) she cast her gaze back towards him.

“How much longer!?!” she shouted, before reeling away from the object the Frostbite had thrown into the air, right past her snout. “Hey! Who’s side are you on!?!”

“Get Down!” He shouted, despite her initial aggravation, she quickly swooped down to the cloud he was perched on.

“What was that?”

“An improvised emergency flare, made with ice and a bit of lightning.”

“And how does that help us?”

“Shut up and watch the lightshow.” He snapped, turning the rainbow maned pegasus’s head in the general direction of the wasp, who was majorly aggravated about the loss of his quarry, and completely unaware as the ball of ice and lightning descending on his head.


“This Is Breez of hero factory, any heroes in the area please respond.” The radio only crackled in response. “dang it, no response.”

“there’s too much interference anyway” Surge spoke up. The two heroes were lost in a sea of clouds, with no sign of anything for miles. Breeze had landed on a tall rock peak, and had found surge walking on the clouds, his anti-grav boots letting him jump from cloud to cloud without worry. “some of it is coming from these clouds though” he continued, waving his scanner around. He shook his head and brought out his binoculars. “hey I see something!” he shouted pointing west.

He handed Breez the Binoculars so she could see for herself. In her sights was a city made of clouds. She could even swear she could make out the colors of a rainbow in the city’s architecture. “it’s amazing!”

“And it’s only about a mile away...”

*KRACKOW*

Surge and Breez turned towards the strange noise, spotting bright flashing lights to the north above the clouds. Breez brought up the binoculars again and spotted something unusual in the center of the flare.

“Thornrax! He’s right in the middle of that flare!” the green hero then tossed the binoculars back to surge and took off with a running start shouting to Surge as she flew off ; “Get to the city, I’m going to cuff that bug!”
Surge only sighed before continuing to leap from cloud to cloud towards the floating city.


Twilight didn’t stop running when she saw the smoke and flames billowing from the library, she barely acknowledged the fact that ponies were running and screaming. She teleported right up to the library. The books were fine she was certain of that; she constantly used warding spells on everything in the library. She didn’t ever think she needed to cast spells on the tree itself, the same tree that was going up in flames. Owlowiscious swooped down from the remains of the balcony, perching on the surprisingly intact mailbox. “Did Spike get out?” she spoke. Owlowiscious didn’t speak, he just swiveled his head back and forth. Twilight turned to the collapsed doorway and blasted away the smoldering wreckage away. She wasted no time charging in to find the young dragonling. “SPIKE! SPIKE!” her hair was starting to get frayed from the panic she was experiencing. “Spike!”

“Ugh…”

She turned towards the barely audible noise, spotting spike’s tail sticking out from underneath a bookcase. She wasted no time in getting the bookcase of him, throwing it into a pile of wreckage at the other end of the room. “Spike are you okay!?!” the dragons tail flicked back and forth, seemingly in response. She carefully levitated him onto her back and turned to the exit.

*fch-thunk*

Twilight turned around slowly towards the pile of rubble.

*fch-thunk*

The bookcase she had tossed aside was shuddering, its construction shaking.

*Fch-thunk Fch-thunk Fch-thunk*

As several spikes stuck through the back of the shelves

*sssssssssssssssssss*

Twilight threw up a shield just in time.

*BOOOOOOM*

The bookcase flew across the room, shattering itself and the shield as it impacted. Twilight staggered backward as her shield shattered against the near deadly projectile’s force. “What in the name of Equestria?”

To respond, a large figure burst out of the pile with shockwave like force. Twilight Sparkle, who went hoof to hoof with nightmare moon herself, saved the town from an Ursa minor without using a single offensive spell, and had saved her childhood friend princess cadence from the clutches of the changeling queen, was fearing for her life as the villain spoke.
“YOU LITTLE RUNT!” Xplode raised his spiked cleaver over his head as Twilight prepared to fight off the being that hurt one of her closest friends… only to be interrupted by Bulk crashing through the wall and punching the villain clear out of the library and down the street.

Twilight turned towards Bulk, whose optics were glowing orange, unwavering from Xplode’s’ current position. “I’m going to get spike out of here, I’ll help as soon I as I can!” Twilight sputtered. Bulk nodded. “Go, I have a score to settle with this guy.” Bulk powered up his rocket pack as twilight dashed out of the building. He strode casually toward the red and black villain as he picked himself off the ground.

“Ah… Dunkin Bulk… It’s been to long since we last went mono y mono hasn’t it.”

“Save your breath Xplode… this time you can’t use rotor as a scapegoat, you’re on your own.”

“Hardly a deterrent… it took four of you last time to stop me, and I believe you said you always did want to go out with a bang.”

Xplode lunged forward with his meteor blaster raised and the tip of his cleaver dragged across the ground, while Bulk brought his fist back for the hardest punch in his life.

Author's Note:

finnally got this one done. i had trouble on the ending. hopefully, it will have been woth the wait.