• Published 23rd Mar 2018
  • 1,013 Views, 14 Comments

Is This Me? - The-Third



Lukas, a young human, is kidnapped by Changelings, and now something weird is going on

  • ...
12
 14
 1,013

Chapter 2 The Secret Meeting

One Month Later

I cannot keep this up any longer, the black chitin has been spreading like wildfire. Luckily, it’s summer vacation, so I don’t have to go to school, but it’s still impossible to hide it from my family and Clayton. Now the black area covers my entire chest and is crawling down my left arm. I need to find answers and fast, so I looked for some on the most reliable source ever, Yahoo Answers.

I posted a page that asked something that would sound crazy to anyone who read it besides me “Hey, I have a black shell growing around me please help”As I expected the 'answers' were basically "You're Lying" and a couple of "Lol". However, there was one answer that did help a bit. "Hello there, I had this problem too, however we can't discuss this online, come to the park by your school, and expect to see someone you know" It was mysterious, it was shady, but it was also the only lead I had.

That night, I tried doing something I hadn't tried yet, you see, I actually grew wings from the back of my chest. My best guess is that it had to do with my new body. Anyways, I tried to fly, and just to let you know, I don't know how bugs do it, make their body just float through the sky when their wings are so small compared to the rest of their bodies, except for dragonflies. Dragonflies have giant wings. I ended up just walking as I tried three times to fly from my second story window, and it wasn't successful any of those time. My walk to the park was not exactly a walk in the park. I was nervous, what if nobody showed up? what if I find out I'm dying or something? What if I have to run away because I would be a danger to my family.

When I reached the park, I was met with a silhouette that ran, followed by a flash of green light. "Hello?" I called out.

"Hey Lukas!" I heard a cheery voice that felt familiar. The voice was definitely a girl's and sounded like, Emilee? Emilee is a girl that lived next door to me until she moved a couple years ago, although we have been able to stay in touch, I haven't seen her much.

"Emilee, is that you?" I saw her and confirmed that, yes it was Emilee, unless it was one of the bugs in disguise.

"Yeah" She said in a quieter and more somber voice. "Why did this have to happen to you too, I'm sorry that it did" I was confused, what was she talking about, did something happen to her too? until it clicked, she was one of the bugs, the things that made this all happen, but she was still the Emilee that I knew. She went through (or was going through at the time) the same thing as I was.

“Where have you been?” I asked, I hadn’t seen her in a couple years so I was confused on why she showed up now of all times. “Did you leave because of . . “ I gestured to my arm which was now covered in the black exoskeleton up to the elbow, although it was still easy to bend. In reply, she nodded, and began explaining

“it was 2 months before I left, the same thing happened, kidnapped, cocoon, the whole shabang. The shell started at my shoulder, instead of the chest like it was for you, but that wasn’t even the worst part. About a week after I left the entire shell covered my skin, and I haven’t seen it since, the skin I mean, I've seen the shell daily, anyways haven't seen the skin since then, well sort of. You see, when the entire shell enveloped me, I was able to change form, like they did” she paused for a second thinking about what to say next “But what really was bad was, the entire time, I had terrible pain. Changing from an Anthropomorphic skeletal system to a more of a beast like system can take a toll on your body, ” I didn’t exactly think of that, and the thought of it made me not want to think of it. I thought she was done, but she continued even more “andthatwasn’t even the worst part. More than your physical body changes Luke, there are mental changes, and other stuff that I don’t even want to mention. I will warn you about one thing, you aren’t going to like the dietary changes, the good news about all this, is that I’ll be with you the entire time because we are moving back in”

I smiled, finally seeing Emilee after multiple years of not being able to excited me, although it wasn’t perfect that of all times, now was when she had to, when I was going through a gigantic change. “Can I . .” I stopped asking my question thinking that it would be an embarrassing thing to ask. She actually answered it though, even though I didn’t ask it fully.

“See how I look now?” She asked. I simply nodded

Green flames that showed that her form was changing surrounded her, slowly eating at the faux appearance that she had created, leading way to a small bug like creature that wasn’t exactly like the other ones I saw when this whole nightmare happened. She still had the black shell and dark green abdomen, but instead of having slits for pupils, she had no pupils and instead had magenta eyes, her wings, were not fully transparent like the ones on me and the bugs, however they still glistened in the moonlight.

After looking at her for a bit, she turned back into the form I knew. We both decided to head home, her parents never left but also never mentioned her, so seeing her back would probably relieve them, or maybe they knew and they let her do this. As we walked we caught up on each others lives “Why was it so long before you came back?” I said to her “Did your parents find out and, kick you out or something” She shook her head in response "No, they haven't found out" Luckily, she didn't get in too much trouble, as She's eighteen compared to my sixteen.

When we got to both of our houses, we headed our separate ways and I walked Into my house, quietly heading up to my bedroom, climbing into my bed. Trying to make my wings comfortable was a pain,but when I finished, I drifted off to sleep

Author's Note:

Chapter 2 is finished as well, with Emilee to guide him, how will Lukas react to the changes that are ahead. Also, don't worry, there will be ponies in here soon.