• Published 26th Feb 2018
  • 2,629 Views, 126 Comments

Blazing a Trail to the Past. - Daylight_Dreamer



After a freak accident, I wound up in equestria with a Jeep. Offroading where nobodys driven before. Or am I?

  • ...
6
 126
 2,629

PreviousChapters Next
23- A 20% cooler way to pass the time.

I got home right at six, and Gilda was already waiting.

"I hope you don't mind I came early," She was clearly upset, "I had to get out of there, I brought the food."

"It's fine," I said opening the door for her, "you could have let yourself in for all I care."

"Really?" she sighed, "I waited out here for an hour."

"What happened that you wanted to see me so badly?" I asked.

"Grandpa Gruff just won't leave me alone about how he liked it better before we had friendship," She scoffed setting the food on the table and taking a seat on the couch. "He's the only one grumpy about it and he just has to have the hut next to me. I really can't wait to move, just a few hundred bits more and I can start placing bids."

"Well if you ever need to get away for a night I do have an extra room," I offered.

"How soon can I take advantage of that?" She asked pretty quick.

"Whenever," I said, "I am going to the club tonight, though. So I won't be here."

"Can I join you?" she asked eagerly, "I haven't been out for a drink in a long time."

"I would like that." I said, "Just one thing, Vinyl seems to think I'll be a mare magnet..."

"Don't worry," she sighed, "I won't intrude if you need privacy."

"I was actually hoping you would help let them know I'm not available," I sighed back, and gave her a half smile, "I'm recently divorced and wouldn't even be interested in a human. The whole not human thing is another problem."

"Don't worry," She said, "I have your back. Everypony will already assume it, so let's just tell them we're together. It's shorter to explain and leaves no wiggle room. They don't need to know we plan to sleep in different rooms."

"But wouldn't you want to find a date?" I asked.

Her eyes went wide, "You realize we aren't really talking about dating, we're talking about hooking up at a club. Have you seen a stallions package? It's like 2 feet long, and even if I find a male griffin, his member is covered in spines, forget using a condom. Do I look like I'm ready to be a mom? To top it off mare's aren't usually into griffins. So, whatever. I just want a drink." I could see where a date sounded unappealing to a female griffin.

"I guess you have a point then," I said, I didn't like the idea of lying, but it did seem easier than explaining why I wasn't interested in any mare in the club.

"It's good to have a friend that isn't looking," she smiled at me.

"So what do we do until then?" I looked at my watch, 7:15, "show doesn't even start until 9 and Vinyl said to be ready to party all night, so I'm not too keen on starting early."

"We could go hang out with Dash," Gilda suggested, "She told me she would be practicing her moves at the park all day."

"So why didn't you check on her while you waited for me?" I had to ask.

She covered her face, now I knew she was blushing. "I guess I didn't think of it."
---
As expected Rainbow Dash was at the park showing off to a group of colts and fillies. She saw Gilda flying up to her and flew directly into her friends embrace. Landing Gilda lead Dash over to me.

"So I finally get to meet the other local celebrity," Dash teased, "I didn't expect Gilda to introduce us. Honestly, when Twilight told me you saw us in a show, I thought you would just come to find me one of these days." I facepalmed remembering my thoughts outside Twilight's castle.

"I actually thought about it one day," I said, "but a friend needed help."

"I can respect that," she said, "gotta stand by your friends. I gotta say, that outfit is at least twenty percent cooler than the one Rarity had me help with." She winked at me. I was hoping I didn't have another admirer.

"Thank you," I said, "Ironically neither fire nor ice is my favorite element."

"So what is?" Dash gave me a sideways look, "if you don't mind me asking."

I totally set myself up, but that honest streak took over again. "Lightning," I said after a pause.

"Really?" now I knew I fucked up, she was looking me over, "So, what your saying is," she stuck her flank out revealing her cutie mark, "you see something you like."

"Back off, Dash," Gilda growled, "he's off limits."

"OH!" Dash's eyes went wide, "you mean... Sorry, Gilda. He's all your's. I see you're finally taking an interest in guys. How about we show him what we can do?"

"You're on!" Gilda said and Dash shot off. Gilda hung back and looked at me, "See what I mean, Isn't it nice having a friend who isn't looking?" She didn't wait for my answer before taking off.

I didn't like lying to a friend, but she never actually asked why I was off limits. So it was an allowed assumption. I could rationalize that. I would tell her the truth as soon as it mattered.

I got to see the Blue Angels once while on earth. I loved it. That's part of the reason my OC is a pegasus. That was the only show I had ever seen that compared to the display they put on. I could tell that they had been flying together their whole lives. Each knew exactly what the other was going to do.

I felt immensely jealous. I had dreamed of flying longer than 'Friendship Is Magic' has aired. Yet, I've never even been on an airplane. Too late now.

They stopped and were talking in mid-air. Dash seemed to be suggesting something that Gilda didn't like the sound of. Gilda seemed to give a shrug then pointed in Dash's face before flying down to me as Dash flew down in another direction toward a group of ponies.

"Do you trust me?" Gilda asked.

"I guess so..." I was skeptical.

"Are you afraid of heights?" She asked.

"No," I wasn't sure I liked where this was going but she didn't give me time to think before grabbing me from behind, wrapping her legs around mine for extra grip.

We lifted off the ground and met Rainbow about 30 feet in the air.

"OK," Dash said, "At least six pegasi and two unicorns will be watching in case things go wrong. Which they won't. Now. Are you ready to have a front row seat for a sonic rainboom?"

Now I was scared shitless, but I still wasn't given any time to think about it.

We flew straight up into the clouds and stopped before plummeting headfirst back to the ground.

As we were falling Gilda loosened her grip allowing me to look forward and see Rainbow gaining speed. I was still terrified, but I knew Gilda had me so I just enjoyed the rush of the wind.

Without warning, Gilda wrapped herself around me again and pulled back a little giving me a bird's eye view as Rainbow Dash pulled up performing her signature move. Streaking through the sky she spelled out 'Welcome to Ponyville' before landing.

Gilda did a few loops on her way down but kept it calm carrying me.

I didn't think my smile was ever going to fade. I got to fly with my two favorite flyers in all Equestria.

I don't think I would want to do it again though.

PreviousChapters Next