• Published 26th Feb 2018
  • 2,629 Views, 126 Comments

Blazing a Trail to the Past. - Daylight_Dreamer



After a freak accident, I wound up in equestria with a Jeep. Offroading where nobodys driven before. Or am I?

  • ...
6
 126
 2,629

PreviousChapters Next
2- I have a job to do.

The group of trees was a good few miles away, and the town several miles further, I found it ok though. Even with the distraction of an odd twisted creature in my passenger seat bombarding me with questions about my jeep and my hands. She also kept asking if I knew anything about this Daylight. I was going on the assumption that it was a name.

I noticed nobody else had a motorized vehicle. Everyone on the road was in a horse-drawn wagon. I could swear I had seen one without a driver being pulled by a pony with a spiked silver mane, but I blamed it on stress.

Not seeing any way to not make a scene I just started driving into town. That's when I started noticing the details of this land.

The houses were an old style, giving the look of an old European town, but too bright, and pastel, like the Easter bunny decorated. It all seemed familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. As though the memory was just behind a veil.

"Twilight is in that castle just ahead," The creature pulled me from my thoughts.

I parked just off the side of the road in front of the castle.

Grabbing the yellow mess of what felt like muscle and bones in a bag, I ran for the castle door.

At this point her face was starting to melt into the rest of the mess, I began to fear I had driven this far to see this sweet little creature die.

I pounded on the door as soon as reaching it, hoping I wasn't greeted by a hostile guard. I certainly wouldn't let me in my castle. I'm a strange guy with a vehicle that's apparently unheard of here pounding on the door of the castle like I need the princess for questioning. The king may just have me beheaded without thinking twice.

Within seconds my thoughts were interrupted by a slot opening around my waist level on the door.

"Who goes there?" asked a young boys voice. I was starting to question this Twilight, but deep inside something told me that I expected a young boy to answer the door.

"This creature needs Twilight," was all I could think to say.

"Spike help," came the week voice in my hands.

"Apple Bloom!" Spike said in a panicked voice, "get her in here!"

The door swung open and I wasted no time entering.

As I closed the door behind me I caught a glimpse of a giant purple and green lizard bolting to the next room.

I blinked wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me. That didn't help.

In the time it took to blink twice a four foot tall, purple, one horned, winged, vaguely pony looking creature had appeared before me and started barking orders before I could even register its existence.

"Set her down and back away!" the new creature barked in a female voice, "We don't have much time if it isn't already too late."

My body went into autopilot as I did as I was told without question. Placing the yellow mass on the floor and briskly walking behind the pony joining 'Spike' who really did appear to be a giant lizard. The spikes on his head explaining his name.

Before I was even able to properly get a grasp on the new arrival a beam shot from its horn and hit the mass of yellow which slowly took the shape of a smaller pony, accompanied by sickening snapping and popping noises.

'Apple Bloom' who seemed to be a smaller yellow pony with no horn or wings, lay motionless on the floor.

"Is she going to be OK?" I asked the room.

"If anyone can save her," Spike was trying to sound confident, "Its Twilight." He motioned to the purple pony.

A tear streaked down Twilight's cheek. Then another. She looked down and closed her eyes as dark spots appeared on the carpet below her face.

"I don't know," Was all she could muster before collapsing from grief and exhaustion, sobbing on the floor.

I couldn't help crying myself. I had nothing, knew nothing of where I was and had no friends to turn to. All I had was one job; Get Apple Bloom to Twilight in time.

Based on the entryway full of sobbing creatures, and Apple Bloom laying motionless...

I failed.

PreviousChapters Next