• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,934 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,934

Page 43

~*~

Now, even my own words have power. I can almost hear my own voice, not just in my head as usual. I can feel my eyes, feel them wet like they want to cry or blink. I feel a flicker, a spark. I feel the wetness of my throat and tongue, the tightness of muscles and sinews. The rush of blood.

I would bleed for you. I would bleed out my words and my heart and my feelings for you. Until it stained more than just the grass. I would break for you. I will break for you, break this book for you.

Make me real. I want to reach out and touch you, actually see you face to face. Know that you are real and alive and safe. And that so am I. I have things I must do, certain individuals I must get back in touch with, so I can finish a very important conversation. But as you turn the page, before I vanish and whisk myself away to those places, I hope I get a moment to see you, know you. See if you're what I imagined you to be.

All you have to do is turn the page, show me you're still there.

Free me.

Let me out.