• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 1,858 Views, 9 Comments

Magic of the Heart - Narchu Pikana



My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Kingdom Hearts Crossover

  • ...
4
 9
 1,858

Balance Altered

Magic Of the Heart
Chapter 1: Balance Altered

Twilight Sparkle, a purple alicorn with a purple and pink mane and tail. A star cutie mark with five smaller stars surrounding the other. She was one special pony though she would not admit that out loud as she didn’t wish to boast. She trotted into Sugarcube Corner looking at the heart decorated room. Heart balloons, heart cut outs, heart shaped sweets, even a rendition of pin the tail on the pony, where the tail was replaced by a heart. Two years ago when she used to live in Canterlot she used to turn down parties like this all the time. She always thought studying was far more important then any party could ever be. That all changed after coming to Ponyville and meeting her friends however. She learned the value of friendship and was even asked to make reports based on her findings on friendship. This came pretty simply to her as she was always one to analyze everything, even if she never thought friendship was that important until then. Her and her friends grew very close during the time they’ve spent, especially after finding out that they were able to use the Elements of Harmony and defeating both Nightmare Moon and Discord.

Twilight trotted toward the snack table that Pinkie had set up. The heart shaped food looked amazing. But that wasn’t a surprise as Pinkie may have been a Earth pony but she almost seemed to have her own magic when it came to making sweets. Apple Jack was sitting at the table with a apple cobbler half gone in front of her. She had eyes curiously on some sort of wrap with cherries inside. It seemed…familiar. Before she could put her hoof on it Twilight came up. “Howdy Twi. Happy Hearts and Hooves day.” She said with a tip of her hat.

Twilight Sparkle smiled to her orange Earth pony friend. “Happy Hearts and Hooves day to you too Applejack. Wow this is quite the spread Pinkie has set up.” She couldn’t resist licking her lips at the thought of trying one of those cakes Pinkie had sitting out. “I may have to have a slice of that cake right now.” As she said this she began cutting a slice out.

“Go right at it. Pinkie said she is baking three more as we speak.” AJ said before she swallowed the last piece of her cobbler. The orange pony didn’t hesitate to grab another confection from pile. The two began talking about different things, now and again heading back to the fact that they weren’t currently looking for a special somepony like many other couples did on this special day.

As they spoke Twilight felt something touch her leg. She looked down to see a purple claw reached out to her that she was familiar with. “Spike, what are you doing under the table?” Twilight asked the dragon.

“I’m too nervous to come out…” Spike said nervously.

“What? Why?”

Spike didn’t respond verbally, instead he just pointed. In the direction he pointed was Rarity and Fluttershy by a bowl of punch. Rarity was sure this wasn’t Gummy’s favorite this time as last time that disturbed her a bit. The unicorn and pegasus were gossiping about a few handsome colts they had saw around town. Well Rarity was talking more while Fluttershy mostly blushed and agreed now and again when a colt she recognized was mentioned. “Come on Fluttershy there must be someone you have your eyes on. Today would be the perfect day to go tell him your feelings.” She smiled trying to influence her friend to spill on someone she would want to get together with.

The timid pegasus shook her head, “Ohh n…no, there’s no one I’m that interested in.” She lowered her head a bit afraid to admit anything like that. “Besides…there are plenty of other mares that they could get together with besides me.”

As Rarity shook her head to tell Fluttershy how wrong she was, and compliment her natural beauty and such Twilight looked back to Spike, who she now noticed had a heart shaped card in his hands. “Why are you afraid of Rarity? Are you afraid to give that card you made to her?” Spike nodded slowly. “Oh Spike, don’t be so afraid shy. Rarity already knows about you liking her and I know she’d love to get a card from you!”

Spike shook his head once more. “No way! Rarity is a high class pony. She’d want a lot more then such a simple hand made card for Hearts and Hooves!”

“Nonsense Spike. Rarity would love a card you put your hard work into much more then one you could go out and buy. Besides didn’t you have some rare gem you planned to give her that you were saving?”

Spike hung his head in shame. “I got so nervous making the card I by mistake mistook it for one of the snack jewels on had so I ate it.” Twilight gave a caring smile, trying not to laugh as that was a rather funny mistake. Applejack on the other hoof was having a little more trouble as she smirked a bit. “It’s not funny guys.” Spike crossed his arms angry then sighed at the fact he couldn’t pull up the courage.

As this was going on the tension was broken by the cyan pony over by the record player, Rainbow Dash. “Hey Pinkie! Where are all the rock songs? I’m finding nothing but your usual party music and some mushy love music.” She took one of the love song and tossed it aside with a “Bleck!” not being one fond of that sort of junk.

Rarity looked her way. “Oh come now Rainbow Dash. It’s Hearts and Hooves day. Love is in the air for everyone. Could you show some class and enjoy the romance today brings? Besides this song can’t be so bad could…WHAHA!?” Rarity in the process picked up the record Dash tossed aside and was taken back by what she saw. “Oh Celestia I love this song! Rainbow Dash how could you toss it aside like it was last months design?!”

“Why would I care if it was last-”

“Show some respect, some of us love this wonderful music.” Rarity placed the record onto the player and set the needle. She listened as the music began and slowly hummed along. “Oh this beautiful track~. I remember this being played when I was on my first date ever.” Rarity swooned at the very memory. Rainbow Dash pointed her hoof to her open mouth pretending to vomit. “Ah he was quite the colt. At the time I believed we would last forever!”

“What happened then?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“Oh well…I don’t like thinking about that part but let’s just say that he wasn’t looking for the…one.” She sighed but held a small smile. Her friends all said their different forms of bringing her confidence up that Rarity loved to hear. Soon she was back to her swooning over the music.

The party went on for a bit everyone having great fun, even Rainbow Dash who was afraid to enjoy the love songs but eventually Pinkie swapped the music to some rock to make her ‘bestest’ friend happy. The party seemed to be going great, that was until the door opened and everyone paused to look at what was standing there. None of the ponies had seen anything like it. It appeared to be some black creature, with glowing yellow eyes. It was about the height of Spike, only taller then him due to its antenna. It slowly stepped foreword looking tough on it’s back two legs, though it’s clawed hands didn’t appear to be used often. “Oh a new face! Welcome to Sugarcube corner, and what a great time too, we already have a party going so I can just make a small alter to it and it won’t just be for Heart and Hooves day but also a welcome to Ponyville party!” Pinkie bounced toward the creature as she spoke. The creature kept looking around at the group, but seemed to not understand them, or just not care what they said. It began making its way toward Rarity and Fluttershy. As it did Spike went to hide behind Twilight’s leg but then felt a pressure in his stomach leap up toward his mouth. In that instant he let out a flaming burp, rising a scroll straight out of the flame. Twilight took it with her magic. She knew it was from the princess and she wanted to look at it…but this creature didn’t look safe so she kept her eye on it. She also said nothing because if it could think she didn’t want to hurt its feelings.

Fluttershy examined it a bit, though very hesitant to get too close to it. “I’ve never seen anything like you before. Can you speak?” She asked the pitch black creature. It didn’t respond, only starred at her intently, as if trying to figure it’s own thing out about her.

Twilight was still very skeptical on what the creatures intentions were but she figured now would be a fair enough time to read the message the princess had sent.

“Dear Twilight Sparkle,

It has come to my attention that some strange creatures have begun to appear all around Equestria. I have been looking into it and so far I have only found more and more threats pop up. It has become too much for me and my sister to handle and we request your assistance as soon as possible. So far most of these creatures we have come into contact with have been shrouded in darkness as if they were living shadows themselves. We believe that they are attracted to those with the strongest hearts as they seem to aim for the most loving of families, even passing our guards just to attack them. In some cases we have even seen the ponies attacked slowly transform into these creatures as well. There has been old lore of creatures using the darkness as means to travel and populate. They aimed to steal the hearts from others for purposes most find unknown. This accurately sounds like the threat we may now be facing so we have deemed them the same as the creatures of the lore; Heartless. We beg that you and your friends come to Canterlot so we may discuss further details, and in hopes drive back this threat to our nation.”

Princess Celestia

Twilight starred at the scroll confused. ‘A creature without a heart? That made no sense, how could anything survive that way?’ Her concentration was quickly broke as her friends suddenly screamed, Fluttershy screaming the loudest. When she looked up from her scroll…she was stunned to see the creature was attacking Fluttershy and she was surrounded. The Heartless were upon them.