• Published 27th Jan 2018
  • 1,127 Views, 14 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season VII - DakariKingMykan



The Ponies face an evil treasure hunter and evil Bat creatures

  • ...
92
 14
 1,127

Episode 8: Come on, Baby

Author's Note:

URGH!!! (Not Counting these author's note) even with all the shaving, this episode is 808 too long. (My word processor counted different than the Chapter Word counter)

I'll have to make either the next chapter or another one 800 words shorter to compensate the proper balance.

STICK TO THE WORD LIMIT

EPISODE EIGHT

Starla and Lightning’s foal was due to arrive at any day, and already they had received many gifts from friends and fellow officers, especially at the Baby Shower where Starla received loads of gifts for the baby from friends all over…

So, pretty much everything was all set up in the nursery. All that was needed now was for the baby to come along.


One afternoon, there was a ring at Lightning and Starla’s place.

Krysta, whom was visiting, flew out through an open window. “Wow.” she said as she gawked at what appeared to be a very large present, wrapped with a bow, and addressed “To Col. Starla Shine.”

“Hey, Starla…!” Krysta called into house, “Come here.”

Starla groggily came to the door, having been disturbed from her nap when the doorbell rang. She looked at the present strangely, “What’s this for? It’s not my birthday.”

Suddenly, the box began to rumble when no one had even touched it. POOF!! It burst wide open as Pinkie Pie leapt out, dressed in a maid’s outfit and followed by a shower of confetti.

“Hey there!” she shouted out.

Starla and Krysta were shaken softly by the surprise, and Starla clutched her belly, “Ooh…!” she groaned softly. Krysta felt worried, but Starla motioned that she was alright.

“Pinkie, what is all this?” Starla asked.

Pinkie giggled “I’m your new housemaid and helper!”

“…My what?” asked Starla.

Pinkie giggled again, “Starla you’re about to become a mommy, and I want to be here to help you with all the housework, and chores, and most importantly: I’ll be here to help you safely through the big moment when that little foal comes out of you.”

Starla and Krysta blinked once and looked to each other, and then back to Pinkie, and Krysta said, “Yeah, uh… I’m sure Starla doesn’t need all that, but it is sweet to offer.”

Pinkie shook her head, “Well, actually it is sweet; that’s why I thought of it, but trust me… all I want is Starla to have her baby safely.”

“Um, Pinkie,” said Starla “I’m sure that’s Lightning’s job.”

“Oh…?” said Pinkie “And just where is he, huh, where is he?”

At that exactly moment, Lightning dropped in, back from patrol, “I’m home.” And then he gawked at Pinkie “What are you wearing that for?”

“I’m here to help you guys.” replied Pinkie.

Starla filled in the rest, “She thinks we’ll need help when the baby comes.”

Before Lightning could ask, Pinkie reminded them all “Don’t you remember what happened with Cadance’s baby?”

The others all looked down and blue, remembering that horrible time. Especially, Lightning.

“Thanks for bringing THAT up.” grumbled Krysta.

Pinkie nodded, “It happened then, but it’s not going to happen now. I want to help you guys with everything there is and to make sure that that baby comes safely into the world.

Now, if you’ll excuse me...” and she walked past Starla and into their house to set to work.

“Well, at least she’s being thoughtful.” said Krysta.

Lightning and Starla felt this was going to go a little far.



Meanwhile, Sienna was contemplating over the search for the Elements of Chaos, and she was more flustered than ever.

“So now it requires us to find pieces of a map and these legendary items to unlock the location. This is incredibly outrageous!”

Mako was a little frightened by his sister’s tone, “But sis, at least now we know what we have to look for, and once we find the map and the items, we can find The Elements.”

“It’s not that simple!” sneered Slash “We still have to them, and they could be anywhere, and besides that; Starfleet still has one piece of the map and one of the legendary items.

Getting it from them won’t be easy, unless we make them hand it over!”


Sienna’s eyes suddenly lit up, “Exactly! And nothing persuades better than a little ultimatum.”

Mako leapt with excitement, “I love it when we use ultimatums!”

Sienna just snickered wickedly.


Later on, the house sparkled like crazy. Pinkie Pie wasted no effort in doing all the housework that day for her friends.

“Wow.” Lightning said as he looked down at the floor, “I can almost see myself.”

Starla was impressed, “I knew Pinkie was serious when she said she wanted to help, but I didn’t think she was THIS serious.”

“Where is she now?” asked Krysta.

“In the kitchen cooking up a “special” dinner for us.” replied Starla.

“…Dinnertime!” Pinkie hollered.

The trio went to the kitchen, and what a beautiful spread it was across the table; like a real banquet. Lightning’s place at the table had roast beef, mashed potatoes, and plenty of seasonal vegetables, while Starla’s place had salad, soup, and some bread and cheese.

“Tonight’s menu: For the big strong father-to-be; a whole-hearty protein meat feast, and for the mommy; we have a low-fat nutritious culmination for a healthy baby.”

Lightning and Starla were speechless. “When did you learn to cook like this?” Lightning asked.

“Are you kidding?” replied Pinkie “I bake stuff all the time, and sometimes I had to look after the cake twins. So I just learned how.”

Starla sat down at her seat, “You know we could’ve just used the food-synthesiser. It would’ve saved you much trouble and work.”

Pinkie shook her head, “Uh-uhn… Mrs. Cake always tells me “You can never beat home-style cooking; especially when you’re having a baby.

…So, dig in.”

The friends all sat down, and Lightning took one bite of his roast, and his eyes twinkled.

Starla felt the same when she took one sip of her soup.

Krysta helped herself to tiny little bits of each meal, and she quivered with delight at the taste and cried, “This is incredible!”

“Fantastic!” agreed Starla.

“It’s almost like Cookie Dough’s cooking.” said Lightning.

Pinkie smiled with pride and folded her arms. Then she sat down to help herself to her own cooking.

After the sumptuous supper, all the dishes had not a morsel left to spare. “Pinkie, you ought to open a restaurant.” said Lightning.

Pinkie smiled proudly, but then… Starla gave a small gasp and her stomach growled for everyone to her.

Pinkie bolted upright, “IT’S TIME!!” she shrieked, “IT’S TIME!! IT’S TIME!!”

“Calm down, Pinkie!” said Lightning, “Yeah, my stomach always growls like that when I’ve overeaten.” added Starla. She poked her tummy and it gave another gurgle. “I’ve always been a heavy eater, even before I was pregnant.”

Pinkie sighed heavily, “Don’t you scare me like that! I thought the baby was really coming.”

The trio sighed. “Pinkie, the baby will come when it’s ready to. You don’t have to worry like this.” said Lightning.

The girls agreed, but Pinkie insisted, “I said I was going to help you through this, and I’m going to.”

The trio all exchanged annoyed looks at one-another.


Later, that night, Starla was already in bed and breathing steadily but deeply to help the baby breathe.

Krysta inspected the luggage at the end of the room that was ready for the moment Starla had to go to the hospital. “I think you’re going to be just fine.” she said.

Starla smiled, “I wish I could say the same for, Pinkie.”

Indeed, Pinkie was outside, patrolling the house itself-- flying in circles all around it, and then she stopped and reversed direction, even though Lightning had protested she go home.

She wasn’t hurting anyone anyway.


“Well I think it’s sweet that she’s showing that she cares.” said Krysta.

“Good, why you take her Luminous with you.” joked Starla.

Krysta giggled, “Speaking of which, I better get back. I’ll come back and check up on you in the morning… if you want me to that is.”

Starla sighed playfully, “Well, you’re welcome to come, even if Pinkie’s still here.”

Krysta then warped herself away, back to her home planet and left Starla to continue her breathing exercise.


While downstairs, Lightning was finishing up looking over reports like he did every night. It was part of his job as commander, and he was used to it-- going to bed late, and getting up early.

He looked out the wind and saw Pinkie was still on patrol, and rather than argue with her, he was sure she’d eventually grow tired and head on home.


Just the same, he felt it understood how she felt. He felt nervous and excited at the same time about the baby coming.

As he sat on the sofa, he began to sink deeply into his thoughts, as music played in his mind.

“I can’t believe it; I’m going to be a father, with a baby of my own. I wonder what it’ll be.

…Maybe, it’ll be a boy; a son for me and Starla.”

Then he began to sing in his thoughts and at the same time, imagining his life as a father and doing things with his baby.

I wonder what it’ll be like; that little bundle of joy
I bet he’ll be the sweetest ever boy.

…My son!

My little colt will be quite the handsome guy, like I
My little colt will be cuddly and sweet that would make you sigh
He'll need love and care, that’s why I’ll be there,
…to tend to his every need
And he’ll wiggle about so happy…
…and won’t be brainwashed by greed!
No he won’t ever succumb to slimy grimy greed!

Lightning smiled at thought,“Someday, that little guy will grow big and strong. I wonder what he could be in future.”

Maybe he’ll be a big famer, like Applejack, yes, just like her
Write up poems like Rhymey, or be an artist like my pal Artie.
Or join Starfleet to fight bad guys, and sail across the starry skies,
And he’ll become a great big hero… he’ll be number one!

YES!!!

That would whole lot of fun…
…for my son!

Then Lightning thought,“…But wait! What if Starla has a daughter? That would be nice too. I’d have two lovely ladies in my life.”

My little filly will be pretty and cute and sweet, as can be
My little filly will be lovely and shine just like her Mommy
She will look up at us, and not make a fuss
And she’ll smile warm and bright
And she won’t be afraid of the dark of the night!

No, she won’t be afraid of the dreadful dark at night

Lightning smiled,“And when she grows up…”

She could join with Starfleet too,
She’d do all the things her mom and I do
Fight for peace and justice in space
And spread the word to most any place
She'll stand up to all the evil, and be brave with all her might
She'll lock up all the baddies so they are no more, and she’ll only stand up for what’s right
Yes, she’ll only stand up for what’s right…

…in the world.
…My girl!

As the song began to draw to a close, Lightning realized the baby still wasn’t born yet,“Well, whatever it may be… a boy or a girl… there’s one thing I do know…”

That baby will be needing someone,
a father to raise it, see,
and that little pony’s dad is gonna be me.

Me…

…Be… ME-EE-EE-EE-EE…!

He smiled heavenly, “Oh, well.”


Suddenly, there the sound of an evil laugh coming from the sky.

Pinkie stopped dead in her tracks, and looked up, along with many other ponies disturbed by the sound.


Sienna appeared in the sky as a large holographic image, thanks to a little help from Omnisha’s psychic powers.

“Now, hear this, Starfleet. This is an ultimatum.” she sneered.

Lightning and Pinkie glared angrily up at the sky, and Starla gripped her bed covers tight trying not to get stressed out.

Sienna issued her threat…

“I know you have part of a mystic map, and one of the legendary items. So here’s the thing…

You will turn over both those treasures to me, by sundown, tomorrow night! And believe me, Refusal is not an option!”

She snapped her fingers, and the images changed, showing not one, not two, but five super strong Jemma-Nites. Each monster seemed rather unusual in shape-- each one representing a different part of a body.

-Two Legs

-Two Arms

-One Massive head

Each one able to function on its own and be its own special monster; but as anyone could guess, and just as the images demonstrated, these individual pieces were able to combine to form one massive beast!

“Behold… Ex-Limber!” said Sienna “I don’t usually use this monster unless it’s a special occasion, and believe me… it’s just as powerful and as dangerous as it looks!”

The next images shown were of Ex-Limber brutally attacking races of other planets Sienna had pillaged. Many fought back… all were destroyed at the hands of that murderous beast!

Lightning’s anger was spiking.

Pinkie narrowed her eyes.

Starla gripped the sheets even tighter as she felt her own anger rising, but then rubbed her stomach softly.


Sienna reappeared in the sky, “You see it, Starfleet. You bring me those items, tomorrow night at sundown in New Ponyville Square…

…Or I’m coming down there with Ex-Limber, and we’ll make it New Ponyville Flats!”

With that, the images vanished.

Lightning stomped his foot, and called out the window, “Pinkie. Looks like I do need more help than I thought. Go round up the others and bring them here.”

“But what about Starla?” asked Pinkie “…I said I wouldn’t leave you guys if the baby came.”

“I can look after my own wife, thank you very much. Now I gave you an order, so snap to it, Major!”

“Sir, yes sir!” cried Pinkie, and she sprinted off like a bullet thanks to her Starfleet speed.

Lightning sighed, but he was more concerned with Sienna’s threat as he looked up in the sky, spotting her ship as it appeared as a large bright star going along the darkness!


Onboard, Sienna felt quite pleased with the threat she had just made, even her crewmates complimented her.

“Nicely well done, Captain.” said Omnisha.

“Yes!” agreed Slash “By now, all those ponies must be quaking in fear that their homeland is about to be obliterated by one of our best monsters!”

Sienna nodded, “I think it pays to make them wait, let them fret about it for a while.

Of course, either way, whether they give us treasures or not… Tomorrow night promises to be quite an evening for all of us.”



Soon, every last member of Lightning’s unit were gathered at his place. Some of them were a little sleepy, having just gone to bed by the time they were summoned.

Rarity let out a huge yawn, “Can’t a lady get her beauty sleep anymore?”

“Easy, honey.” said Spike “You know we’re supposed to come when we’re told.”

“Exactly right, Spike.” said Lightning “Now you’ve all been briefed, and some of you actually heard Sienna’s threat.”

Fluttershy shuddered nervously, “I’m still haunted by the sound of her voice.

Rhymey clenched his fists,

“We won’t give her the treasures, that’s true,
But I’m sure we all know what Sienna will do.”

The others agreed, Sienna would most likely still attack New Ponyville.

“But why start with New Ponyville?” wondered Rainbow, “Sienna knows the treasures are safe and secure in New Canterlot.”

“It’s the way she operates.” said Artie “We’ve faced many like her before, and they all think alike, but Sienna’s not quite like the rest of them.”

Lightning agreed, “I’ve made a commission: This entire town is to be evacuated and sent to Refuge Planets in view of Sienna’s threat. Only officers and sentries will be allowed anywhere near here.

Once the evacuation is complete, shifts will be made round the clock, which means you’ll all have your own turns for shifts.”

The others all agreed.


Pinkie then snapped a sweat-band over her brow, and cracked her knuckles, “Hi… ya… WAAA! And don’t worry about your baby, Starla, I’ll be here to watch over you every minute… every second… every mila-second!”

The others were all wide-eyed at her wildness, and Lightning and Starla quickly said to them all“Don’t ask.”


Soon, despite it being late at night, the alarm was sounded, not that it really woke up or disturbed anybody as Sienna’s threat had already shaken up many of the citizens.

The announcements were made, and the citizens were told to evacuate immediately.

Krysta’s fairy soldiers created many portals for the citizens to lineup by and walk through to be warped off into space for the Refuge Planets.


Sienna and her forces could see the whole thing from their ship.

“Look there!” cried Slash “The ponies and other creatures are fleeing. Let’s blast them!”

The Raiders all complied and prepared the lasers for firing.

“No!!” shouted Sienna, “Let them go!”

“What? But Captain…!”

“Let… them… go!” growled Sienna “I’m not interested in those cowards, unless they have any valuables, which even I can tell they don’t.”

“Yeah.” said Mako “All that matters to us is the map and the item, as well as the ultimatum. Right, Sienna?”

Sienna smiled and patted her brother’s head, “Right you are, Mako. You’ll make a great treasure hunter someday.”

Mako stuck out his tongue rudely at Slash, irking him, while Omnisha snickered.


As promised, after the evacuation, the night patrol sentries did their job patrolling the area, while Lightning and his unit of front-liners each took turns so others could get some sleep and stay in shape for the oncoming threat.


Dyno and Myte passed each other on their rounds.

“All is well, bro?” asked Dyno.

“Si, it’s all quiet; too quiet even.” replied Myte.

Daylight then broke out, and Applejack and Buddy dropped in.

“Okay, guys, we’ll take over watch.” said Buddy.

“Anythin’ we should know?” asked Applejack.

The Twins shook their head, “Uh… but have any of you seen Pinkie Pie?” asked Dyno.

“Last time I saw her, she was still around Lightning and Starla’s place.” said Myte.


Indeed, Pinkie was still outside patrolling the house.

Krysta arrived, as promised she would. She, too, had heard about the emergency.

“Hey, Pinkie, are you up already?” she asked.

Pinkie turned to show her sleepy eyes, “Actually, I’mstillup; gotta maintain patrol.”

She reached behind her and pulled out a bottle of her special Starfleet Pep-Pills. She popped one in her mouth and swallowed it, and soon she felt wide awake again. “Ahh…! That’s better.

Daylight, and all’s well!”


Starla opened the window from her bedroom, and looked out groggily groaning, “Pinkie Pie…!”

Seeing her there and how strange she looked, Pinkie jumped to the conclusion again, “It’s Time! It’s Time!”

“It’s… not time!” said Starla “Your hollering woke me up.”

Pinkie felt sorry, “Well, at least now you won’t have the baby in your sleep.”

“Ugh!!” groaned Starla, and she went back inside, not bothering to close the window.

Krysta sighed and flew up through the window and into the bedroom. Starla was already in bed, while Lightning was preparing for his next round of duty.

“She just won’t give up.” said Krysta.

Lightning shook his head, “I’ve tried everything, but I can’t abuse my authority and order her away, and besides, she pretty much is patrolling this nearby area.”

Starla let out a huge yawn, “I’m a tired, pregnant pony, and I don’t know how much more of this I can take.”

Lightning and Krysta felt it was just a mood swing talking. They were informed that mares couldn’t always control their emotions while pregnant.

Lightning pecked his wife on the cheek. “Try to catch up your sleep, Star.” Then he turned to Krysta “Keep an eye on her for me, will you?”

Krysta nodded.

Then he leapt out the window and flew off on his patrol, much to Pinkie’s annoyance. “How can he just fly off when Starla could give birth anytime?”

Nevertheless, she continued on her patrol.


All through that day, she just kept pacing back and forth, patroling the house. Every now and then she would peek through the window to make sure Starla was okay and to watch out if the baby was on the way.

Krysta took take of Starla, even though she was small, she had her magic to do some of the housework, and activate the food synthizier for meals.

Then Pinkie would just poke her head through the door or a window, or even down the chimney and repeatedly ask, “Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?”

“NO!!” Starla and Krysta would respond.


As Pinkie continued her patrol she began to feel weary again, especially due to not eating breakfast, and her pep-pills couldn’t keep her going forever.

So, she popped another one, and ate one of per emergency protein pills, which supply her with the same nutrient equivalence of a meal, but even that was not really too good. Nutrients were one thing, but without the solid bulk of real food, the pill would only do so much.



When Lightning came home for lunch, he brought Rarity, Spike, Rhymey and Fluttershy with him, as they finished their patrols.

Spike looked out the window as Pinkie passed by, “Gotta hand it to her. She’s pretty dedicated.”

“Well, I for one will not let her starve out there.” said Rarity, and she prepared a little dish of food from the feast and left it outside the front door. “Here you are, Pinkie. You should at least eat.”

Pinkie decided to take a few moments and snack.


“Poor Pinkie.” said Fluttershy.

“What about me?” said Starla “I’m the one having a baby here, and being constantly pestered by Pinkie’s oversealous attitude.”

Lightning sighed, “We’ve tried to tell her over and over: we’re perfectly prepared and ready for this birth when it happens.”



Rhymey cleared his throat,

“Just the same, we all better keep our groove,
In another few hours, Sienna will make her move.”

Everyone kept their eyes well on the time as patrols continued until long into sundown.


The Starfleet sentries were posted all around New Ponyville, while Lightning and his entire unit were all transformed, and standing in the town square. Even Pinkie and Starla’s droid were there.

“I really think I should stay to help Starla out.” Pinkie protested.

“I’m perfectly fine, Pinkie.” Starla said through her droid, “The sentries are guarding the house, so if I go into labor they’ll help me.”


Pinkie was about to protest, but Applejack put her hand over her mouth, “Please, just don’t say it.”


Suddenly, there was a bright beam of light that shot down from the sky and hit the ground. Sienna appeared, along with Slash, Omnisha, Mako, and a whole load of Raiders.

The fighters all stood tall and ready.

“Good evening.” hissed Sienna.


The fighters just glared sternly at her, while Sienna’s team snickered sinisterly.

“So, what’s it going to be?” Sienna asked “Are you going to hand over those treasures, or do I hand myself to your town… and crush it like an egg!”

Lightning stepped forth, and held out the very map fragment, and the knight helmet that Sienna wanted. “These are what you want.”

He threw them out so they landed near Sienna’s feet. She picked them up, “Figured, you’d see things my way.”

Suddenly, loud footsteps were heard, rumbling the ground.

“What’s happening?” cried Rainbow.

“I think we’re being double-crossed.” sneered Artie.

Indeed, five powerful Jemma-Nites came marching from around corners and into the square.

-Two legs

-Two Arms

-The large head


“I thought we had a deal, Sienna!” snarled Starla, “You said you wouldn’t attack our town.”

“Oh, sure… I agreedI wouldn’t.”teased Sienna “But I never said my Ex-Limber wouldn’t.”

Slash laughed “One of the first things you should know, Starfleet: Never trust your enemy!”

“Let’s get ‘em!” thundered Lightning, but before he and the others could even make a move, Sienna and her team were captures in their beam of light and the ponies couldn’t get to them.

“Aw… too slow.” teased Omnisha “I don’t even have to be psychic to see that you’re all in for a world of hurt now.”

Sienna blew them all a mocking kiss, “Ciao, and thanks for the gifts.”

Then the aliens vanished, gone back to their spaceship, but the monsters and Raiders were still there and raring to battle.

“Looks like we’ve got plenty of work cut out for us now.” cried Spike.


Lightning was prepared for this, and he whistled loudly for the sentries to come forth, and at his command, many of the sentries came rushing around the bends or dropping in from the skies to brawl with the Raiders to keep them back.

“That’ll deal with them, now let’s trash those monsters!”

The others all agreed, and they all split up into groups and began to attack each body part.

The two large hands prepared to clap together.

“Jump!” shouted Buddy, and he and his team leapt up high as the massive hands collided together, making a massive shockwave that still hit them all in midflight and caused them all to crash down hard.

“Any more bright ideas?” asked Rainbow.

The two large hands floated way up high and clenched into fists to slam down.

“Yeah… DODGE!” shouted Artie.

Everyone rolled out of the way just in time.

“That does it!” snarled Buddy,“VINE WHIP”He griped his whip tight, and lassoed the two arms together. “Got ‘cha! Get ‘em guys!”

Artie leapt forth,“COLOR KICK”and he booted the two arms way up high, and Rainbow soared straight at them in a Rainbow Streak, bashing them hard and sending them crashing down.

The two large legs stomped along, and they aimed a strong kick.

“This is how we used to buck our apple trees.” said Applejack, and she got down on all fours, sprung up on her arms and kicked the two feet hard just as they kicked her. Both forces seemed equal.

“DRAGON FLAME-WHEEL!”shouted Spike, and he curled up in flames and rolled out hard into the two legs, bashing into them hard, straight for Rarity, and she stopped them with her telekinesis.

She growled and sent them sailing up into the sky, where the Twins were waiting for them.

They joined hands their hands together,“BOOM-BOOM ROCKETS!”

Their rockets struck the two legs hard and down they went, crashing on the ground.

The twins slapped each other a high-five.



The head was much larger than the four limbs. In fact, it was twice the size of a single pony, and it had the power to spew powerful pulse-blasts from its massive mouth.


“Look out!” shouted Lightning, and he and the others all dodged and scattered about as the blasts were fired and exploded on the ground.

More pulses were fired, “Take this!” shouted Lightning and he blasted the pulses with small blasts of the uniforce, detonating them in midair.

The monster opened his mouth to fire again, right at Pinkie and Fluttershy. They nodded at each other and quickly zipped out of the way allowing Starla and Rhymey to attack.

“STARLIGHT ARROW”

“DRILL QUILL”

The arrow and the quills straight into the monster’s huge mouth, creating a small rupture inside, and causing the head to crash down hard on the ground.

“Ha! These guys aren’t so tough.” Pinkie gloated, but suddenly, the head and the four limbs began to glow.

“Uh, oh…! What’s happening now?” cried Fluttershy.

She got her answer as the body parts combined together and magically formed one huge monster: Ex-Limber.

That hulking beast was the size of a house, and his limbs and his head were much large than before. “Whoa!” cried Starla as she scanned the monster’s power, “The levels are off the charts.”

Lightning scanned the creature as well, and the readout said that its power could wipe out the entire town in one thunderous shot.

“Alright…” Lightning called to the others, “We suspected this would happen. Prepare for group formation!”

The team agreed.


Ex-Limber stopped its huge feet, and began to powerful for its huge attack. Its huge arms were glowing softly, but it would take a moment for the power to reach full.

This gave the Equestrian ponies the perfect chance they needed. They all stood together,“VALKYRIA!!”and changed into five of the Valkyries of Harmony.

No sooner had the girls transformed did Ex-Limber finish powering up and was ready to blast, but as it readied to fire, the Valkyries combined their swords and unleashed the Harmonic Binds to hold the monster in place!

“This ought’a hold him back for a bit.” said Applejack.

“It’s all you, guys!” called Rainbow.

Lightning and the Space Ponies nodded.

“Group Formation, Go!” shouted Lightning.

“RIGHT!!”the others Space Ponies called.

Side-by-Side they all stood, hand-in-hand, with Lightning in the center, and they all began to power up, transferring all their magic and strength into the center.

“Here, take some of my power too.” said Spike. He held out his sword and transferred some of his dragon energy into the power.

The Valkyries gave them all an extra boost by channeling their own powers from The Elements of Harmony infused inside them.

“FIRE!!” shouted Lightning, and he thrust his arms forth, sending a powerful blast at the monster.

It looked as if it would really hit, when suddenly, POW!! Ex-Limber managed to fire his super-charge out through his mouth.

The two forces collided hard into each other and seemed to be equal in strength.

“Oh, no… you… don’t!” growled Lightning and he poured on just a little more juice, making him flash between his normal shape and his Enticorn Form. He didn’t dare go fully Enticorn, for fear of damaging the town, but it was just the power he needed, combined with everyone else…!

“NOW!!” he thundered, and forced Ex-Limber’s blast back at it, hitting the creature hard and actually blasting it up off the ground and way up into the sky.

KAPOW!! A huge explosion that lit up the skies that many in the neighboring towns and villages could see from afar…

The Sentries all cheered for joy, as did all the fighters, and Lightning looked up into the sky, “You lose again, Sienna!”


Slash was livid, “I don’t believe it! Those fools actually beat Ex-Limber!” He pounded the console angrily, “Well, at least we managed to get the treasures we wanted.”

That’s what he thought, but Sienna suddenly shouted, “WHAT?!”

The entire bridge went silent, “They’re fakes?!”

“I’m afraid so,” replied Omnisha “These are not the true items we demanded, they’ve been forged. They don’t even emit any magical energy.”

“And you didn’t detect this sooner?!” sneered Mako “We could’ve saved ourselves all this trouble and humiliation.”

Sienna quivered with outrage, and looked at the planet down below. “Starfleet are unlike any adversaries we’ve ever had. I suppose I should commend them for their resourcefulness.

They may have beaten Ex-Limber, but it was only one of our stronger Jema-Nites.

We will learn, we will strengthen ourselves, and we shall strike again!”


Mako began to sense his sister’s voice sounded much deeper and more sinister than usual, but didn’t question her.


Meanwhile, it was dark at night, but not too late for the citizens to return home. All of them were grateful to Starfleet for saving their hometown.

Even still, everyone just went home and straight to bed, so the town was still all quiet, but much more lit up.

With the danger all over, the fighters decided to head home too.

“Think Sienna found out about our trick?” asked Dyno. “I hope so…” chuckled Myte “I would’ve loved to see the look on her face of those fake treasures you and I made from ordinary rock and metal.”

The twins laughed and headed off.

Fluttershy and Rhymey shared a yawn.

“We are glad we won the fight,
Now we must bid you goodnight.” said Rhymey

“See you all tomorrow.” added Fluttershy.

After the left, Pinkie Pie protested “Wait, how can everyone just go home like this?”

“Pinkie Pie, we’re all bushed.” said Artie.

“Yeah, I could use a little shut eye myself.” agreed Rainbow.

“Eeyup.” said Applejack “Night all.”

“Ciao.” said Buddy.

As the friends kept heading on home, Pinkie whined, “But Starla’s baby…”

“Oh, Pinkie, not that again!” groaned Lightning.

“Let’s go before we have to hear about it...” said Starla, and she and Lightning ran off.

“Hey, at least I’m showing I care!”


“Eh… Pinkie, darling…” Rarity said, trying to talk some sense into her, “I’m sure that deep down, Lightning and Starla are grateful for your… your… eh… overly enforced caring.”

“But… maybe, you should just ease off a bit.” said Spike “There was danger, but we all handled it fine.”

Unfortunately, Pinkie had already gone off, back to Lightning and Starla’s to maintain her patrol, much to Rarity and Spike’s dismay.


Pinkie was already on patrol, all through the night, “They may not care, but I sure do.” she said to herself. “I promised them a safe delivery, and I’m not going back on it.”

She let out a huge yawn. Her weariness from the battle, as well as overdoing herself the past couple of days was finally catching up to her, and she couldn’t keep taking her pep-pills; taking too many was unhealthy.

She still felt too determined to give up and just kept right on going.

But by sunrise, she had completely given in, and she just collapsed outside under a window. She was completely out of it, and she couldn’t hear Lighting and Starla chattering about inside.

“Are you okay?” Lightning called “Can you make it!”

“I’m… I’m trying!”

“The meds are here, I’ll get your luggage. Remember, in and out… slow!”

Starla was breathing carefully.


Krysta frantically fluttered outside, “Pinkie! Pinkie it’s time! It’s really time!” she cried “Lightning and Starla are going to hospital now!”

Pinkie didn’t even flinch.

“Pinkie!” snapped Krysta “Pinkie, wake up! It’s really time…!”

Still, Pinkie didn’t move.

“Poor thing…” Krysta said, and she felt the least she could do was warp Pinkie inside the house, into the baby’s room where it was nice and quiet, setting her down on the sofa, and levitate a blanket onto her. Then she headed off to help Lightning and Starla, while Pinkie slept so peaceably.



One morning, a couple of days later, the sun shone brightly into the room, and Pinkie was completely covered up on the sofa, when she finally began to stir and poked herself through the blanket. She let out a huge yawn and rubbed her eyes, “Must’ve dozed off.”

As she sat upright on the, she heard what sounded like a tiny little coo coming from the crib nect to the sofa.

She climbed up onto her feet and looked into the crib. There, she saw a tiny baby humanoid alicorn. It had a soft white coat, two beautiful blue beady eyes, a blonde yellow mane, and a cute little matching tiny tail poking out of its fuzzy blue jammies. The baby had around its horn an anti-magic manacle and a special anti-lift patch on its wings too, to prevent it from using magic or flying dangerously.


“What the…?” Pinkie snapped softly “Where did you come from?”

The baby turned towards the sound of her voice, and looked up at her with a funny expression.

At that moment, Lightning came into the nursery, “Oh, Pinkie; you’re finally awake. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” replied Pinkie “But… um… That thing in the crib… that wouldn’t happen to be what I think is, is it?”

“It sure is…” Lightning said, his face was beaming as he soft stroked the baby’s tummy. “Pinkie Pie… I’d like you to meet my son:“Shining Light Dawn.”

The baby just let out a tiny yawn and a coo.

“Starla and I named him after a combination of both our names. We just brought him home last night.”

Pinkie blinked once, “Wait a minute. Are you saying I slept through the whole thing?”

“You sure did…” replied Lightning “Krysta tried and tried to wake you up when we left for the hospital, but… you were out like a light.

…You know you’ve been asleep for almostthree whole days!”

Pinkie’s eyes bulged really wide! “No wonder I feel so refreshed.” then she looked disappointed. “I can’t believe it. I guess you really didn’t need my help after all.

I’m sorry for all the pestering I did.”

Lightning patted her back, “You were only trying to show you care.”

He looked down at Shining, and grinned most livingly.

“What are you grinning about?” asked Pinkie.

Lightning sighed as he scooped his son up his arms, “Just look at this little guy.” He softly held the baby close to him and then sat down in the rocking chair, “I never believed I’d ever have children.

When Planet Harmonious was destroyed and I was wandered through space, I thought I’d die young. Never thought I’d ever be able to pull myself out of the shadows and live again.

Now, all that logic’s been proven more than wrong; I have a good life-- despite all the danger—I fight for a noble cause, I have all the friends a guy could ever dream of… and now, me, Starla and Shining here… we’re a family.

I’ve never felt so happy in such a long time.”


Pinkie loved it when others smiled; it made her feel better over missing the birth. “Well, at least I can still be there for you guys.” she said “Someone’s going to have to teach Shining here how to throw parties, how to smile a big grin, and how to make new friends, and all that stuff.”

Lightning agreed, “You know, I think you’ll make a great mother someday.”

Pinkie smiled at that idea, “Maybe.”

Starla came into the room with a bottle of baby formula in her hand, “Hey, Pinkie. Glad you’re up.”

“Thanks.” said Pinkie “Glad to see you’re looking better.”

Starla touched her flat stomach, “I feel better too, and it feels great to be in my uniform again, but I’m still on maternity leave.”

She playfully held the bottle over her little son, “It’s time for someone’s baa-baa.”

Lightning snickered softly, and then asked Pinkie, “Would you like to feed him?”

“Sure.”

Lightning got up from the chair and let Pinkie sit in it before he softly passed her the baby.

Starla passed her the bottle, and Pinkie held it to Shining’s little face, “Come on… Come on.”

The baby began to suck on the nip. “Aww… he’s so adorable.” said Pinkie.

“He really is…” agreed Starla, as she softly stroked her son’s fuzzy mane.

Lightning smiled lovingly.


As the baby continued to drink from the bottle, Pinkie spoke to him softly as soft music began to play, “You know, Shining, you may be brand new to us all, but you don’t have to worry, we’ll all be here to help guide you… especially me.”

Then she began to sing, while imaging all the wonderful things to show to Shining.

You’re just a little pony,
and there’s much that you don’t know,
But I’ll be here to show you things,
…to help you learn and grow

I’ll show you the sun, and how to feel warm
I’ll show you the moon, and how to be norm
And how to eat cake, and how to make pies
I’ll show you a flower; I’ll show you your eyes

I’ll show you the world, and teach you to play,
We can sing songs, and party all day
I’ll help keep you safe when danger does call,
When it comes to you… I’ll give it my all


And if you are sad, and don’t know what to do
I’ll be there when you need me, I’ll always help you

I’ll show you the world, so you’ll understand
How to smile when you’re down, and to make things feel grand
There’s so much to see, and there’s so much to do
I want to share all of it… share it with you

I’ll… show… you…

…The world.

The song ended, and the baby stopped drinking and let out a small burp, which the adults couldn’t help but laugh softly at.


(Promo)

In our next episode: Lightning and Starla take their new baby on an outing with Cadance and Shining Armor’s child Flurry Heart, while unbeknownst to them that Count Nightwing has now set his sight on the infants to do his evil bidding.

As if that weren’t enough, Nightwing and his goons make an astonishing discovery of their own that Starfleet desperately needs.

Will the babies be protected from the evil Bats, and just what discovery has Nightwing made?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Baby Bat Boos”)