• Published 2nd Feb 2018
  • 2,151 Views, 63 Comments

A Great and Powerful Love Story - DragonMaster24921



Shuffle Suite, a softly outspoken boy is about to enroll into Canterlot High. His life will soon be turned upside down when he meets a certain stage magician then things really get turned up for the teen. Shenanigans will ensue

  • ...
6
 63
 2,151

A Great and Powerful Halloween Pt. 2

October 10th

With Halloween closing in, all of CHS was excited for what the school's premier party planner had in store. Trixie and Shuffle finally got into a routine of practicing small tricks during breaks and outside school, and as promised, Trixie didn't perform any magic at home since her dad left, but that didn't mean she couldn't do it at a friend’s.

But Halloween drew ever closer the pair, along with Greg, who had taken a liking of jumping between Shuffle and Trixie on occasion and was currently sitting on Shuffle’s shoulder.

“So, do you have any plans?” Shuffle asked.

“Not particularly; usually beyond the school’s Halloween party, I just spend the night hanging out with Lavender and Fuchsia. Do you have anything planned?”

“Welp, since it's the last Halloween as a child, I wanted to go trick or treating one more time, and after that maybe marathon some slasher movies, or play a horror game.”

The pair reached their first period class, Shuffle sat at his seat while Trixie went to go talk to her other friends. As the teacher walked in, the schools PA system came to life, and as usual, the happy voice of principal Celestia rang over the speaker.

“Welcome all to another day at CHS. As you all know Halloween is only twenty-one days away, and pinkie here has put together a rather “Unique” party this year, I shall now turn it over to Ms. Pie for information.”

“HELLO CLASSMATES IT'S ME PINKIE PIE, AND THANKS TO THE HELP OF OUR TWO AWESOME PRINCIPALS THIS YEAR’S HALLOWEEN PARTY SHALL BE AT CAMP EVERFREE, STARTING WITH GOODIE BAGS AND ENDING WITH A COSTUME CONTEST ALONG WITH A DANCE IT'S GOING TO BE THE BIGGESTHALLOWEENPARTY EVER BACK TO YOU CELLY!!!”

The entire school just had to sit and witness a full-on Pinkie Pie moment; it was obvious she was excited for this one. Shuffle turned to Trixie, who returned the look, both smiling, already knowing exactly what's going to happen.

After class, the pair head to their lockers, which they hadn't noticed was only a few feet away from each other until recently.

“So a costume contest, we totally should enter!” Trixie said excitedly.

“I agree, but if we want to match we need to agree on a theme. Let's take a few hours to spitball a few ideas around before we get started.”

The two separate for classes, at least until lunch.

Both sit at their usual table, pieces of paper scattered across it, most crumpled up but a few laid in a pile.

“Okay, so far the themes we agreed on are: Kingdom Hearts, Legendary Spellcasters, and Vegas shows, still bummed my Star Wars theme got shut down.”

Trixie laughed.

“I tried multiple times to get into the series, even with Zero's narration it didn't help, but the movies were boring to me; I never did understand the appeal, and besides, Star Wars isn't that good anyways.”

Elsewhere, a certain silver-haired teen clutched his chest, feeling as if his heart stopped.

“Hey Soul, you okay?” one of his friends asked.

“No, I feel like someone spoke the worst kind of heresy.”

“What, insulting your girl?”

“No, insulting my favorite franchise.”

The group laughed off Soul's paranoia as they moved on with what they were doing.

As lunch wrapped up, a scream could be heard. Shuffle and Trixie turned towards it to see Rarity and another girl covered in paint. Lo and behold, after that, a hysterical Rainbow Dash zoomed up to her friend, yelled “Gotcha,” and sped away.

“That Rainbow Dash, every year around this time she gets prank-happy,” Trixie scoffed, mad for an unknown reason.

“Well, it is all in good fun, but she looks like she is actually angering people. How bad did does this get?”

“She replaced Trixie's smoke powder with itching powder!”

“Really, that's it? Seriously, that's small time compared to some of the pranks me and my old friends did on the school bullies.”

Trixie turned back to Shuffle, interested.

“What did you guys do?”

“Well, you'd be surprised how well molasses works as a bonding agent; if you have enough, you could stick someone to it and they would be stuck for a while.”

Trixie laughed at the concept of some poor sucker being stuck to a wall coated in molasses.

“Then Trixie has a plan, and you’re helping.”

“But…”

“NO BUTS, WE GO!”

“Trixie…”

“NO BUTS!”

“TRIXIE, WE’RE AT SCHOOL! WE CAN'T LEAVE REMEMBER!” shuffle yelled quickly.

“Oh, after school then.”

The day ended as usual, and Trixie and Shuffle quickly made their way to Trixie's trailer so they could work. By dusk, both had exhausted themselves with shooting ideas off, whilst working on their homework. By the time Shuffle came into his home, his mother had been sitting at the table, her arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

“And just where have you been?”

“Next door. Trixie and I were working on plans for Halloween.”

“And you couldn't have texted me because…?”

Shuffle chuckled awkwardly before apologizing to his mother.

“It was kinda sudden, to be fair, plus can't you just track my phone?”

“That's beside the point mister, now what makes you think I won't ground you from going?”

“I couldn't, but you and I both know it was an accident. If I promise to make sure you know where I am ahead of time will that make you feel better?”

“Yes, I would like that very much so.”

“Thanks, Mom, and sorry again to scare you. By the way, do you know about a camp called Everfree?”

Tesla's frown changed to a smile instantly.

“Get your shoes back on.” Tess said cryptically.

October 22nd


The days passed by in rapid pace as the duo worked. Since Halloween was nine days away, it was time for the finishing touches on Trixie's plan.

“Hey Trix, not that I'm complaining, but are you sure this is going to work?”

“Yes I am Shuffle, and thanks to Gloriosa, this plan may be as great and powerful as I am!”

“But what are the chances rainbow walks on this spot and not someone else?”

“It’s the center of the room. Knowing Rainbow, she's going to try to have the best costume, hence the giant X here.”

“So you’re going on a whim and one personality trait that you’re going to be able to pour pink paint on her?”

“Exactly! Now keep Trixie still, balancing this paint can on these tiny rocks is taking all of her concentration.”

Shuffle pinched the bridge of his nose; this wasn't a prank, this was a petty revenge tactic, but arguing with a woman, especially one like Trixie, is never a good idea. It's a battle you can't win.

Greg was perched on Shuffle’s arm, chattering away almost like talking.

“See, even Greg thinks it’s a bad idea!” Greg nodded his abdomen in agreeance.

“Hush, both of you, this is the plan and we are sticking to it.”

Shuffle sighed but smirked.

“As you wish, but after this, I need to show you something.”

Trixie finished setting up the paint cans and was lowered down by Shuffle, who then yanked the rope down and rolled it up.

“Now, what is it?”

Shuffle smiled as he ushered Trixie to follow him. Towards the back of the crystal caverns, there was a small crevice just big enough for someone to go through. Shuffle pointed it out with his phone’s light and went through it.

On the other side, he helped Trixie through and the two continued their journey into the heart of the mountain. After about half a mile of walking, Shuffle found what he was looking for: there was a natural archway that led to a bigger room, and on the walls were crudely drawn pictures and initials. The trio passed through the entrance to reveal a glowing lake on the far side, where a crescent carving in the stone where light from the sun had shown through, with bits of crystal that made the entire wall look like a night sky.

“Welcome to the Cavern of Twilight, Trixie,” Shuffle said, sitting at the coast of the lake.

Trixie gasped in awe as she fully took in the sight. A cavern like this, while almost impossible, had stunned the magician.

Trixie joined Shuffle at the coast, taking off her shoes and dipping her feet into the water, noticing it wasn't cold either.

“This is absolutely stunning, who knew behind the crystal caves had been something like this.”

“Funny thing is Trix, that's what I said too, but even though it feels man made its all natural.”

Trixie turned towards the boy who had kept his eyes looking forward.

“How did you find this place? I thought you weren't from Canterlot?”

“It was my mother’s doing, she found this place when she was younger with my dad. Apparently, this is where he proposed to her, and I just thought you might have like it- Mmph”

Shuffle's mind reeled, finally focusing on what was happening: Trixie had pushed herself into his frame and leaned up, giving him a soft kiss.

Shuffle recovered, wrapping his arms around Trixie and pushing back into the kiss, both hearts fluttering in perfect synchronization. After about fifteen seconds, Trixie pulled away.

“I mean… I… um…” Shuffle stuttered, trying to use every part of his brain to comprehend what happened before his lips were covered by a single finger from the magician girl.

"Do you think this is going way to fast, Trix, it's not that I didn't enjoy this but I never could have guessed that you..."

Trixie covered Shuffle's mouth with her finger, promptly silencing the teen.

“Just enjoy the moment,” she said, before hugging him.

“Noted, but how about a picture first?” he returned as he pulled his phone out and took a picture of himself, and Trixie, and for the first time in so very long, Shuffle had smiled, an Real smile, not just one put on for others.

The two stayed on the beach of the cavern for a long time, until both notice the light from the crescent gash had turned from a white to orange.

“We should be getting back,” Shuffle said. The two turned to leave their new secret spot, hands interlocked and happy on the way out passing through the crystal caves. Trixie had noticed her paint cans had fallen from their perches.

“Shoot, I thought I secured them.”

Shuffle grabbed the now empty cans.

“It's fine Trix, if you’ll hear me out, I have an idea to get the entire school anyways, we could even win the costume contest.”

“I'm listening…”

October 30th

Trixie, along with her friends Lavender and Fuschia, had decided to take the day to hang out at the mall after school. Whilst looking around one of the clothing shops, Trixie’s mind kept replaying the kiss between herself and Shuffle. Ever since, Shuffle and Trixie agreed to keep their moment to themselves, but someone would occasionally catch either the one or the other staring at the other. Today, Trixie couldn't help herself, her mind ever on Shuffle, no pun intended.

“Trixie, you okay there? You haven't said anything since we got in the store, and for you that's rare,” Lavender asked casually as she put a shirt to her chest, looking at herself in the mirror.

“Trixie is fine, she's just thinking about something.”

“You mean your thinking about that boy you keep gawking at?” Fuschia said jokingly.

“Ye-NO! Trixie doesn’t gawk at others, they gawk at her!” she said defensively.

“Uh huh, but seriously, what's going on with you two?” Fuschia asked, before gasping.

“OH MY GOSH! Did you two hook up?”

Trixie blushed even harder before covering her face.

“No, I didn't ‘Hook Up’ with Shuffle, it’s just…” Trixie tried to explain between her hands, but her phone buzzed midway through her sentence. She checked it to find a message from Shuffle.

Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat in a bit?

Trixie smiled at her phone before Lavender snatched it away.

Lavender read the recipient along with the message, then she showed Fuschia, and both squealed in delight.

“I can't believe you have a boyfriend and didn't tell us, Trixie!”

“Yeah, we would have celebrated with you!”

Both girls were incredibly giddy from this news, already pushing Trixie towards the exit of the store.

“You go and have fun!” they both said shoving Trixie on her way.

Trixie chuckled as she made her way towards her car, replying to the message.

Sure, just tell me where and I'll meet you there.

Later at the hall of justice.

Shuffle met up with Trixie at a recently opened sushi bar.

“Hey you,” Shuffle said waving at Trixie as she approached.

“Hey yourself. A pretty fancy spot you picked, it's almost like you were trying to impress Trixie.”

“No, it's not… well yes, but I just thought you might like Sushi, and since it was new I thought we could try it together.”

Trixie giggled as her impromptu date was tripping over himself, trying to not make himself look like an idiot.

“It's fine, Trixie was just joking. Shall we?”

Shuffle nodded, grabbing the door and holding it for Trixie.

The duo entered the restaurant and was greeted by a familiar face.

“Welcome to Unami Palace. My name's Sunset Shimmer, and I shall be your waitress today.”

“Hey Sunset, it's just us. Can we get a booth table please?” Trixie asked Sunset.

“Sure, it's been kinda slow today, just sit over there and I'll bring you some menus,” Sunset walked towards the kitchen area and the pair sat down at the booth.

“Huh, good to know she works here. Professional, too,” Shuffle thought.

“Ok you two, here's your menus, I'll let y'all take a second to look at our drinks.”

Shuffle and Trixie looked over each of their menus. Trixie ordered a sweet tea while Shuffle got water.

Sunset got their drink orders and walked away.

“So, what gets your attention?” Shuffle asked.

“I was looking at the four roll plate with a side of wasabi, to be honest.”

Shuffle turns the page looking further down the vast menu.

“I think I might do that too, except no wasabi, not killing my tongue like last time.”

“Last time?”

Shuffle cringes in pain, remembering.

“Back in Vanhoover, my friend dared me to down a six-ounce cup of wasabi. Let's just say, my mouth was the second hottest thing in that restaurant beyond the wasabi itself.”

Trixie laughed and took a sip of her tea.

“Do you miss your friends from Vanhoover?”

“Every day, but one can't look back on the past, for only the future matters,” he responded sagely.

“But if one is to move forward, they must analyze the past, ‘lest they repeat it,” Trixie followed.

“Didn't take you for a philosophical person Trix, especially knowing one of the most iconic George Santayana lines.”

“What can I say? I got a few tricks up my sleeve.”

Sunset giggled; the two were so lost in their conversation they didn't notice her approach them.

“So, you guys ready to order?”

Shuffle and Trixie nodded, giving Sunset their order.

Whilst this was happening, two figures had been sitting at another table. Both were watching Shuffle and Trixie discreetly.

“Lavender, do you think this is a good idea?” Fuschia asked her friend silently.

“Of course, we are Trixie's friends, we should be making sure that she's being treated right.”

“This wouldn't be because of how you can't get a date?”

“NO!” Lavender said defensively slamming her palms on the table, catching the attention of Sunset, Trixie, and Shuffle.

“Good job Lavender.” Fuschia chided snidely.

Trixie groaned, covering her face in embarrassment.

“Friends of yours?”

“Regrettably.”

Shuffle snickered, which then turned to a full on laugh.

“Oh, this is priceless but thoughtful.”

“And hella embarrassing.”

“It's fine. As long as they don't try to ruin our lunch, I won't be bothered by them.”

Trixie looked towards him, to which he only replied with a warm smile. Trixie removed her hands from her face, her blush still prominent.

Sunset returned with the two’s food, and they chow down, only on occasion talking about random things like assignments in their respective classes, to movies or other forms of media.

As they finish eating, Sunset came back around.

“How was your first visit to Unami?”

“Spectacular, and this is coming from someone who very rarely likes sushi,” Shuffle replied happily.

“Trixie agrees, she wouldn't mind coming back for more, Sunset Shimmer.”

The pair stacked their dishes on the tray and got up so they could leave. Trixie looked around noticing that Lavender and Fuschia had left. She smiled, happy with the fact her two friends were looking out for her, plus they didn't interrupt this outing beyond the one time.

Shuffle pulled out his wallet, ready to pay for the meal, but Trixie, in a sleight of hand faster than he could even see, already had her out money out and handed it to Sunset, so Shuffle covered the tip.

Both then left Unami Palace with a waving Sunset at the register.

Sunset looks to a portrait of herself and Soul sitting at one of the booths. Since they were the first customers in the restaurant, it had been photographed and framed.

“Good on you Trixie, you found someone that's going to treat you right,” Sunset said aloud before going back to work.

The pair made their way towards home, both keeping their conversation going, firing jokes off on occasion to keep the mood light. As Trixie pulled into her house's driveway, they get out and stand beside her trailer.

“So, I'll see you in the morning okay?” Shuffle said squeezing her hand.

“Yeah, I'll see you,” Trixie responded before Shuffle gave her a peck on the cheek and walked away.

“That's for that little stunt you pulled in the cavern Ms. Lulamoon!” Shuffle said aloud as he walked across the street towards his home.

October 31st

The next morning, Trixie had gotten up earlier than her usual time; today would be the day the plan that she and Shuffle made would spring into action, and there was so much to prep for.

Trixie went through her daily routine as usual, though the only thing she paid more attention to was her makeup. Considering she was dressing to impress, she chose to go the extra mile for him.

Meanwhile, Shuffle was up as well, his costume ready for the day. He grabbed his attire, put it in a bag and slung it over his shoulder. Shuffle then got his clothes out for the day, deciding to wear the T-shirt he got from Trixie's stock of merch.

“Trix'll get a kick out of this.”

With both of them ready, each headed down to get something for breakfast.

“You’re up early Shuffle, what's the rush?”

Tesla had been sitting at the table tinkering with an unknown object.

“Trixie and I have something to do before school, so I'm going to go meet her.”

“Okay, remember to let me know if you need anything. Oh, and Shuffle…”

“Yeah, mom?”

“Treat her right, or so help me I'll strangle you.”

“But… How even… How did you know?!”

Tes snickered.

“You just told me.”

“And that's my cue to leave now,” Shuffle gave his mom a kiss and headed out.


As Shuffle jogged across the street to a rather miffed Trixie, he spent a few moments trying to figure out how the hell he was going to explain this to her.

“Sorry, my mom had me held up.”

“Good, Trixie was worried you had forgotten.”

“Trust me, I wouldn't miss this for the world.”

Trixie smiled, unlocking her trailer and disappearing inside. After a few moments, she came back out, bags full of various items. Shuffle, takes half of the load and the two carefully put everything into the trunk of Trixie's car. With everything in place, the duo head to the school.

Usually, at CHS, most of the students would shamble into the building like a mindless zombie, considering how early it was, but since today had been a special occasion, almost everyone had dressed up, plus groups of friends had chosen their own theme for their respective group.

Trixie and Shuffle got out of the car, and in a practiced flourish, Trixie donned her iconic cape and hat, whilst Shuffle stayed in his casual wear, his costume hidden in his bag.

“Trixie thought you were going to wear your costume all day.”

“I am, I just need to go change into it. I'll catch up in a bit, you go find your friends.”

Trixie nodded and left, leaving Shuffle to head into the school.

Trixie quickly found Lavender and Fuschia sitting at one of the tables in the lunchroom each enjoying their breakfast. Trixie approached the duo, only now noticing that they dressed up in a white garb and fluffy wings set aside of each of them.

“Morning girls.”

“Hey Trixie, where's your new boy toy?”

Trixie waved her hand dismissively.

“He's getting his costume on. I see you two are going as angels again.”

“We didn't have enough time to get new ones, and besides, it's a fun concept.”

Trixie sat down with her friends and the trio start talking amongst themselves.

After about ten minutes, and a few jabs at Trixie’s expense, the cafeteria doors open, revealing a single figure clad in what looked like an ancient cloak, wielding a long, body-length staff; on his chest was a ring with the eye of what and four spikes hanging down it.

Everyone turned and stared at the new arrival, as he confidently strode over towards the small group Trixie was sitting with. Once in front of Trixie, he bowed to the ground.

“My queen, I have searched for days trying to find thee, now that mine eyes have gazed thine's, I, Mahad, am now your eternal servant if you'll have me.”

Trixie giggled whilst the rest of the school’s collective mouths dropped.

Trixie leaned down towards the bowed person.

“Kinda hamming it up aren't you?”

Mahad chuckled quietly enough so the only Trixie could hear it.

“Gotta make it look real right?”

Trixie pulled away, a look of shock on her face.

“Well, if that is the case, Mahad, I do have one task for you. There is this girl named Rainbow Dash, she has been running around pranking these poor students, along with your queen. So if you could deliver the wrath of kings, I would be forever in your debt.”

Mahad nodded towards Trixie.

“Young students of Canterlot High, where is the one called Rainbow Dash?”

The entire room went deathly silent, before pointing out the prism-haired girl.

“So, you are the one who plagues this school with your childish pranks.”

Rainbow got up from the table she was sitting at, already a cocky smirk on her face.

“So what if I am? It's Halloween, can’t help the fact that everyone here can't take a joke. Besides, is this supposed to scare me? Buddy, I've faced down demons, LITERALLY.”

Rainbow turned back to her friends who didn't look much happier.

“There is a limit though, Rainbow; remember what you did to Rarity's fish costume?”

Mahad slams the butt of his staff on the ground, making the lights flicker.

“Regardless of the past, starting now, if Rainbow Dash even tries to prank another poor students again, more than just a conversation will happen next time!” Mahad hit his staff on the floor again making the lights go out for a split second, but when they came back on he was gone.

Rainbow scoffed as she sat back down, her pride as a prankster challenged. She looked directly at the magician girl, who still had her eyes on the spot where Mahad had disappeared.

“Starting with you, Trixie.”


“Rainbow, this isn't a good idea.”

“Of course it is, Pinks! It's obvious that Trixie was trying to scare me with that Mahad guy. Now she gets to see this little surprise that I’ve prepared.”

“But I don't think anyone likes having fake spiders dropped on them Rainbow.”

“Pinkie, its fine, I got this.”

“Okay, if you say so Dash,” Pinkie says absent mindedly.


With school over, and everyone rushing out of the building or already making the lengthy drive towards Camp Everfree, the entire student body was excited for another fun-filled Halloween party, courtesy of one Pinkie Pie.

Trixie had gotten back into her car, still pulling fake spider webbing out of her hair. She grabbed her phone and fired a text off towards someone.

Rainbow did it again, I hope you’re ready for tonight.

Trixie finished with the webbing, groaning in annoyance that she was going to have to wash her hair just to get the grime out.

So does that mean I can go all out?

Trixie chuckles sinisterly.

Make it a Halloween she won't forget any time soon

It didn't even take the recipient two seconds to respond.

:)

After heading home and fixing herself for the party, Trixie arrived at Everfree. The party was already getting started, as more guests were arriving. Trixie chuckled in the knowledge that this party was definitely going to be special.


Halloween had truly begun, dusk finally settled over the town, and with the rising of lights came children going out to trick or treat, or some of the more rebellious teens to trick for treats.

At Camp Everfree, the entire woods pulsed with the constant humming of music inside the crystal cavern. Since Vinyl was Deejaying the event she was going to push the absolute limit of either her setup or the world, collapsing one or the other from the number of wubs she produced.

Everyone had been dancing, taking pictures and playing the games set up. The only exception was Trixie, who sat at the table watching her phone. No updates from Shuffle had come through, and she was getting worried that something happened.

While she was paying attention to her phone, Shuffle was behind the Equipment set, his mask already on and ready; all that had to be done was a little misdirection.

Shuffle started messing with the lights, causing them to flicker. No one paid it any mind, assuming it was Vinyl, but when the lights went out and the music stopped, everyone started looking around in the only light that registered, the rapidly descending sun, then everything went dark.

In the darkness, every student that had a phone activated their flashlight. Once a significant amount of light had been established, Celestia went up on the stage.

“Okay, everyone remains calm, the power just went out temporarily, we are looking into it now.”

Immediately after she finished speaking, there was a shriek of fear as all lights pointed towards a figure behind Celestia, who had back away offstage. The lights reignited, revealing not one but four figures, each one looking abhorrently disfigured and had what looked like sharp horns on their heads. The one at center stage stared back towards the crowd, before launching a breath of fire into the air, cueing the demon in the back onto the deejay set, which sparked to life; hard rock started playing from the speakers, and the demon in the middle held up what looked like a microphone.

“Welcome, poor unfortunate souls. This will be your last night on this earth!”

A fifth demon had covered the only exit. Everyone started screaming in the panic trying to find another way out, but another fireball in the air stopped the entire crowd, and finally, after a few minutes of calming down the center stage demon started singing.

Welcome to hell
Welcome to anhilliation
Your night has been taken
By demons of devilish delight
Don't resist, don't relent, your souls are mine for the taking, we are Demons of Salavadon and your will shall now break.

The entire crowd had become transfixed as the hoard of demons seemed to have somehow materialized instruments.

Dark saints, all hallows
Hold your tongues, lest you’re held in the gallows
A dark dance, that shrouds evil
Spirits and whispers stir
Under our blood red moon whisper

The demon on the right started a riff on its guitar, making it sound like a shrill banshee scream as everyone covered their ears. The center stage demon then took a step off the stage dropping to the ground, parting the audience as he passed.

All here shall know our song
Bones shiver, legs quiver and hair standing on your neck, but as a noble devil, we shall only take one, one for all

The demon then passed through the crowd, first sniffing the frozen frame of Rainbow Dash, finally eyeing a very concerned looking Trixie.

“This one will do. Now, join us young one, we have much to do,” the demon held put his hand towards the girl. In a trance, she had taken ahold of the demon's hand, and the two disappeared in a flash of smoke. The entire crowd started to panic again as they reappeared on stage, this time with a lithe demon accompanying the larger one, as the new one started to sing.


Dark saints, all hallows
Hold your tongues, lest you’re held in the gallows
A dark dance, that shrouds evil
Spirits and whispers stur
Under our blood red moon whisper

I shall choose thee for eternity, and let this be the ultimate thriller.

Then the entire group burst into flames, all cackling evilly as they seemed to have melted into the stage when all hell broke loose; with the exit finally uncovered, everyone ran out in a panic.

Meanwhile, the only thing that could be heard deep in the cave was the howling laughter of one Trixie Lulamoon and Shuffle Suite.

“OH MY GOSH, THAT WAS AWESOME!” Trixie said excitedly.

“And this is why I have good ideas. Sure, it was last minute, but I like to think I pulled it off.”

“But who were the other people? I didn't recognize anyone.”

“Robots. I had to pay a few people to gets some too look like demons.”

Inside the secret cavern, Micro Chips emerged from the crevice, a controller in hand.

“Okay, I'm ready to go, just had to finish calibrating the CPU... why are you already in costume, and why is she back here? What happened with the plan?”

“Chips, it's over, we pulled it off, and it was all thanks to you, especially that guitar riff, that was genius bro!”

“But that wasn't me though.”

“Wait, then who was it?”

The trio then turns around revealing three dark silhouettes with glowing red eyes.

“Run, run now!” all three speed off towards the exit screaming.

The figures came forward, revealing Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie.

“Oh dear, I hope we didn't scare them too bad,” Fluttershy says quietly.

“It's all in good fun darling. Besides, didn't you have fun?”

“Well yeah, it was kinda fun to be the scarer for once.”

“Exactly.”

Trixie and Shuffle piled into Trixie's car and sped away from Camp Everfree.

“Ok, never going back there on Halloween ever again,” Trixie said, panting.

“Agreed, the magic at CHS is enough, we don't need actual demons after us!” Shuffle retorted.

The duo finally pulls over.

“Well, that was exciting and terrifying at the same time.”

“Yeah, kinda bummed we didn't get any snacks though.”

“Oh, didn’t we?” Shuffle pulled a bag from under the seat, filled to the brim with candy and Trixie’s favorite snack, peanut butter crackers.

Trixie let out an audible “eeeeh” sound and stole the bag, getting herself a single pack.

Shuffle laughed, reaching into the bag and grabbing a small chocolate bar.


Two hours passed as the two continued their little spree of eating the stash, making jokes and just relaxing from the night, but as all nights, they must end, so the duo finally makes their way home.

As Trixie pulled onto the street of their homes, they both noticed an ambulance and police in front of Trixie's house with their lights on. Trixie pulled up to the ambulance as they were wheeling out a stretcher, and on it lain Trixie's dad in a body bag.

Trixie rushed out of her car and over to her dad's side, but the paramedics held her back. After they loaded up and the ambulance left, Trixie broke down into tears as the officer gave his condolences.

Shuffle rushed to her side, pulling her into a hug; this was supposed to be a happy night and it was all ruined.

Down the road, a car was sitting silently, all lights off, and a man was watching the two teens.

“Phase one complete boss,” the driver said.

“Excellent. Let's go home; we have a wedding to plan,” the man in the back said, his hands going up to the blood red jewel around his neck. The driver looked back towards his passenger, and could have sworn he saw a flash of red in the eyes of his passenger.

Author's Note:

AND WITH AN HOUR AND A HALF REMAINING, I MEET MY PSYCHOTIC SELF MADE DEADLINE.

*ahem*

Hoping everyone had a fantastic Halloween, and thanks for reading my newest chapter, credit as usual for Xeno keeping me on track and making sure I didn't forget where I wanted to take this chapter.