• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 585 Views, 0 Comments

Rise of A New Sun - Silence



This story follows a mare through her hardships as she lives in a post-apocalyptic Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 585

Alabaster and Obsidian

“Daddy? Daddy, wake up!” She tugged at him, nudging him to wake up. He shook slightly and his icy blue eyes opened to look at her. He shifted to his side, ignoring her pleas for him to wake up. She tried harder, nudging and speaking louder, but still in a soft tone. “Dad, there are strange stallions in the house, taking things!” The moment she finished that statement, two large stallions burst through the door, yelling as they charged in. Renee jumped back, scared out of her wits. They charged at her father who had now lifter himself out of bed and charged at them. He bucked one of the stallions in the face before a sickening crack was heard. His body fell backwards onto the bed, obviously unconscious. She searched around herself and spotted a metal training blade next to her. She gripped the dull sword by the hilt and glared at the two stallions as they advanced towards her.

“Hey Sapphire, do you see the little filly with her fake sword trying to act all valiant? How about we teach her a lesson about the real world?” A scruffy voice from the back spoke. The stallion in the front, Sapphire, smiled wicked and nodded in concurrence. She shifted her backhooves and launched herself at Sapphire with a substantial amount of force, smashing the blade into his throat. He let out a gasp and coughed blood as he fell backwards, eyes wide with shock. The second burglar looked at her with surprise and grabbed a wooden piece from the bed, holding it like a club. He stared at her and fear started to become present in his eyes. She stared at the training blade in her hand and gasped in shock, noting that what used to be just a training blade was now a full-sized ivory colored claymore and her eyes glowed two different colors, one white and one black. She turned towards him and launched herself, slamming the blade ferociously against the wooden club, shattering it. The thief recoiled in awe and fear, grabbing another training blade and swinging it at her. She matched him blow for blow, the force keeping her body suspended in the air as if she were levitating. The sword seemed to send a surge of energy through her body and she shifted a hoof from the blade. Both of them were shocked when the second blade split from the first, a midnight black claymore matching the ivory shaded one. She smashed furiously at the training sword, shattering the blade. A voice from behind her spoke out.

“You little brat! I’ll kill you for hitting me!” Yelled Sapphire, obviously enraged. She now turned and looked at him, barely parrying his blow with a steel staff. She now stood between the two thieves, both furious with her. They charged from both sides and she her hooves glowed, releasing auras from the two blades. She moved the blades so gracefully and with such beauty, defending against the attacks as if their battle was a dance. Her body seemed to feel so peaceful regardless of the situation she was in. A wave of warm pleasure ran through her body, filling the emptiness that had seemed to dwell endlessly in her heart. It was in that moment of pleasure that she felt the pent up energy in the blades release and her body feel as if it had reformed itself. Wings burst from her sides, one an onyx black and the other a pearl white. She slammed the blades into the floor and kicked them, a trail of pure energy following each one as the glided through the ground, driving into the thieves and piercing them into two different walls. She looked back at her father on the bed and saw his face, awestruck and fearful. That sight sapped every ounce of happiness from her and the blades vanished, the wings dematerialized, and her eyes returned to normal.

Shortly after the whole fiasco had ended, her father had gotten rid of her, throwing her in an orphanage where she spent a year of her life. It wasn’t until a young stallion by the name of Shira snuck her out, that she began to train to use blades. She spent a lot of time with him, living in his closet without his father knowing. After a few years of living there, Shira’s father had disowned him and went on to start a rebellion that would impact the rest of Equestria’s history more than anypony could have imagined.