• Published 21st Jul 2012
  • 1,180 Views, 51 Comments

The Pony Parade - Regidar



A pony interpretation of My Chemical Romance's rock album, The Black Parade.

  • ...
13
 51
 1,180

This is how I Disappear

To unexplain the unforgivable drain of the blood...

Applejack felt bad about what she had done. She had just... lost it. She knew she had hurt Twilight's feelings. Pinkie Pie wasn't as remorseful about what had happened, she still had an optimistic view on life and the fact that Twilight would get better. So, to make up for it, Applejack decided to surprise Twilight the next day.

"Heya Twilight!" Applebloom rushed into the hospital room where Twilight and Atlas were playing cards.

"Hey Applebloom!" Twilight picked up Applebloom, but dropped her again after her arms gave out. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle followed into the room, along with Applejack and Rarity.

"How are yah doin' today, Twilight? Better Ah hope." Applejack pulled up the blanket on Twilight's cot to cover the sick unicorn better, and fluffed her pillow a a bit. Twilight and Atlas both giggled.

"I'm doing better today, it doesn't hurt as much."

"Hey! We could be nurses!" Scootaloo hovered in the air for a second when she got the idea. "We could help Twilight get better! Then we'd get our nurse cutie marks!"

Atlas smiled and patted the orange filly's head. "Oh, I don't think you'd be able to pull that off. Me and Twilight are both very sick, and even the doctors aren't sure if they can help us."

Sweetie Belle gasped. "Oh no! Are you going to die?"

Rarity looked at her sister, shocked. "Sweetie Belle! What a rude thing to say! Of course they aren't going to-"

"Oh no, I'm going to die." Atlas laughed heartily, which soon degraded into hacking coughs. "The doctors say I'm gonna die in twelve days."

Everpony was quiet, except for the occasional hack or wheeze from either of the two dying unicorns. Finally, Applejack broke the tension.

"So, uh, Twilight! What did the doctors say on your condition?"

Twilight yawned, and covered a cough. "Well, they aren't sure as of now. I could be getting better, I could be getting worse, they have to run some more tests first." She giggled, the coughed again. "That rhymed! Sorta."

The fillies laughed, and Applejack and Rarity joined in the laughter. Of course, it wasn't overly funny, but just seeing their friend in such high spirits as she withered before their eyes brought their attitudes up considerably.

The visitors soon left, leaving Twilight and Atlas alone again. Atlas sighed. "You sure are lucky to have friends who care about you enough to visit you almost every day."

Twilight looked at the dying stallion. He looked weaker, gaunter, paler. One could tell just by looking at him that he had only twelve days left. Atlas coughed a bit, the rolled over. "I'm going to get some sleep, ok?"

Twilight too drifted off into the realm of dreams.

Atlas lay on his back, staring at the sky. He couldn't move, but heard voices behind him.

"Atlas? Atlas!"

Atlas's eyes widened. "Mom?"

"Atlas honey, everything's going to be ok, just-" A sickly stabbing noise filled Atlas's ears, and he felt something warm splatter the top of his head. The horrors came back to him as he heard another voice pierced the air.

"Mommy? Mommy!" That was his voice... from ages ago...

Footsteps, yes, definitely made from feet, not hooves, were heard as there was a thud from a body hitting the floor.

"Here's your dad. Give him a decent funeral." That voice...

Atlas cringed as he heard his younger self crying. The other voice started up again.

"Hey, don't cry... I'm sure if you hurry, you can drag your mother to the hospital and save her... wouldn't count on it though..."

Atlas heard the cries become muffled as a dragging sound became audible. This memory had haunted him forever...

Atlas screamed and shot up out of his bed. "Huh? What's wrong?" Twilight blinked sleepily. Atlas curled up into a ball. Three miles... and she was dead the whole time...

Twilight put her head back on the pillow, and fell asleep once more.

"Do you think she'll be ok?"

"What do I care?"

"Aren't you trying to save her?"

"Pfff. Please. She's too close to my mother, that bitch never shuts up about her. If her survival weren't crucial to Equestria's future, then I could care less and just let her die."

"Hey! She's waking up!"

Twilight blinked and looked around. The sky was a pale orange, and a hot wind blew all around her, blowing up dust into her face. She tried to use her hoof to wipe the dust from her eyes, but found it, along with her other limbs and indeed, her entire body, were chained down to a large rock.

"Let me go!"

The figure who was talking earlier laughed. "Boy, do you have an attitude." Twilight blinked, and tears ran down her cheeks as a result from the dust. Soon, her vision began to clear, and the person standing before her became obvious.

A blonde human, about the age of nineteen stood in a black shirt, jeans, and a green over jacket. She was instantly glad she had not disregarded Lyra's rants, as she otherwise would have no idea what humans were or looked like.

"Who are you human, and why have you captured me? Princess Celestia will rescue me if you try anything!" The human laughed.

"I wouldn't be too sure of that, Twily," Twilight ground her teeth when the human used her brother's pet name for her "Princess Celestia isn't too keen on coming here."

"Let me go!"

The human put his hand up to his chin as if he were thinking about it. "Well, since you asked so nicely, no."

Twilight tried to use her horn to break free, but found that her magic was useless.

"Uh uh uh! You mustn't try that here, you'll tire yourself out! Only chaos magic works here!" The human created a ball of fire, and shot it at Twilight. Bracing herself for the heat, she was taken by surprise when she felt the shock of electricity hit her, and saw several flowers blooming and withering almost immediately from the spot where the odd magic hit her.

"What do you want with me?"

The blonde human inspected his nails, then said "Nothing, really, just wanted to show you my little sanctum I've carved out in Hell."

Twilight felt fear fill her up. "This is... Hell? I died? But I can't go to Hell! I-"

"You aren't dead yet, this is a dream! I've taken you from your normal dreamstate and brought you here. While you're here, I think I'll have some fun with you..."

The scene in front of Twilight changed, and she saw Spike and Fluttershy crying over something. Upon closer inspection, it was a pile of books.

"Why are they-" Twilight began, but as she started to talk, Spike took a deep breath and lit the books on fire. "MY BOOKS!"

Fluttershy and Spike hugged each other and sobbed. Twilight didn't understand anything that was going on.

"What was the point in showing me that?" she yelled angrily at the blonde human who was now holding an electric guitar and playing a few chords.

"You'll find out soon enough. Now, wake up."

"Wait! Who are you?"

The human smiled. "Don't worry, I'm just a ghost. I can't hurt you anymore."

Twilight opened her eyes. The sun was shining in her face, Atlas was fast asleep, and Spike was standing at the foot of the bed.

"Spike? What are you-"

Spike hugged Twilight. "Please don't die, Twilight."

Twilight was taken aback by this, but then hugged the little dragon back.

Spike hugged Twilight harder. "Seriously, don't die. Without you is how I'd disappear. You'd be gone, and so would I. You've been here my whole life... I couldn't bare to lose you."

Twilight hugged her assistant as hard as she could. "I won't. I promise." She looked up, and gasped. The human stood in the corner of the room, tuning the guitar.

"Try not to make promises you can't keep."