• Published 21st Jul 2012
  • 1,180 Views, 51 Comments

The Pony Parade - Regidar



A pony interpretation of My Chemical Romance's rock album, The Black Parade.

  • ...
13
 51
 1,180

The End

Now, come one, come all to this tragic affair...

“Alright Spike, if we move the bookcase there we should *COUGH HACK COUGH* be able to *WHEEZE HACK HACK* to *COUGH WHEEZE HACK*”

Spike looked at his unicorn friend with concern. “Um, you ok there Twi?”

“No! This cough has been persisting ever since last week! Damn it all.” Twilight suddenly collapsed, holder her stomach. “Ugh... and my whole body has been weak and hurting! Spike, please get me to the hospital, I think-” Twilight coughed again, so hard she nearly stopped breathing.

“Oh gosh!” Spike helped Twilight to her hooves.

“I... *huff*... think I can *wheeze* walk now...” Twilight slowly trotted off to the door, then collapsed.

After Spike finished freaking out and got ahold of Twilight’s friends, they rushed her to the hospital. The doctors were able to get her help immediately and started running tests.

“Is she going to be ok?” Rainbow Dash asked, anxious to get an answer.
“Yes, doctor, is she going to be ok?” Rarity was also worried about the state of her friend. Fluttershy was fighting back tears, and Applejack was speechless.

“Of course she’s going to be ok! She’ll make a full recovery, and we’ll have a ‘you’re not sick anymore’ party! It’ll be fun, with games and cake and-” Pinkie was stopped by the doctor.

“Actually, she’s not going to be fine.”

Pinkie’s hair deflated faster than Rainbow Dash hitting a rainboom. “What?”
“Well, we don’t know yet. but she’s developed severe Motifonian Delirium, a type of disease similar to cancer, but it causes headaches, coughing, and severe hallucinations. She could die.”

“Die?” Twilight’s six friends all said in unison. Spike and Fluttershy began to tear up.

“But Twilight cahn’t die!” Applejack hoofed the ground. “She just cahn’t!”

“I’m sorry. We’ll do the best we can.” The doctor turned and left. The five ponies and dragon were left to soak in the shock.

“How could this happen to us? How could this happen to her?” Fluttershy spoke for the first time, her eyes spilling over with tears.

“No! We’ll get her through this! Look, we can ask Princess Celestia to help! She’ll be able to, and she will, she’s her favorite student!” Spike ran off to grab some parchment to write down the letter.

“He’s right, you know. We’ll be able to get her through this while we wait for the Princess to come! Isn’t Spiky-wiky the best?” Rarity said happily, her mood restored. The five friends hugged each other, then went inside the hospital to go talk to their sick friend.

***

Spike rushed back to Twilight’s house, and quickly wrote down the letter.

Dear Princess Celestia,
Hi! This is Spike writing to you. Twilight has gotten very sick from something called “Mortifonian Delirium.” Knowing you, you could probably fix her up real quick! Please come help your favorite student,
Love, Spike.

Spike sent the letter, then skipped back to the hospital, very happy with himself. Twilight was going to be fine!

***

Twilight opened her eyes slowly. Looking around, the room was spinning. She was in a bed, but the covers were soaked in a warm liquid. Was it blood? It tasted like blood, because the taste was filling her mouth, as she spewed the blood into her sheets. Was it her blood? She bet it was...

Getting out of the sticky mess of a bed, she fell to the floor, where she saw her friends. They were laughing? Why were they laughing? She was dying, couldn’t they see? What the hell was wrong with them?

She tried to talk, but she threw up more blood. Spinning around, she took a look in the mirror.
She was very thin. Very, very thin, nearly a skeleton. Her horn was chipped and cracked, and her hair was ragged and thin, fallen out in some places. She resisted the urge to throw up again, and immediately regretted it as it spurted from her nostrils. She nearly drowned in the blood.

Crawling slowly to the door, she passed her laughing friends. She was dying! they should be sobbing, weeping, or comforting her, not laughing! Why were they doing this?
Then she realized it. Of course they would laugh! They weren’t her friends! She had always been trouble for them, a constant thorn in their side with all her crazy antics. She wouldn’t blame them if they were laughing. In fact, she encouraged their smiles! She knew they wouldn’t cry!

But she did. She cried. She wasn’t sure if it was blood, or tears, or a mixture of both. She just cried. she cried until she was shaking and throwing up more blood. She felt weaker then she had ever been. Her thoughts slowly left her.

I never did want to be anything when I grew up, anyway... I just hope they don’t laugh at my funeral...

And the black grasp of sweet relief enveloped her.

***

“Shit! We’re losing her!” The doctor had been alerted by Fluttershy, who had been the first to notice that Twilight had stopped breathing. Fortunately, there was another patient in the same room as Twilight who the doctor was dealing with, so he was able to reach her right away.

Jabbing her with an adrenaline needle, he pushed on Twilight’s chest. Slowly, a weak heartbeat pushed back ever so softly against his hooves.

“She’s back!” The doctor cheered. Twilight’s friends all cheered and laughed from joy. Twilight was going to have a chance!

“Ok, we need to put her on Watch to make sure this doesn’t happen again, and I think I’ll assign Nurse Redheart to keep an eye on her.”

Twilight’s friends all breathed a sigh of relief.

The other patient grumbled and rolled over in his sleep, disturbed by something no pony could place except Twilight, had she been conscious.