• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 844 Views, 9 Comments

Welcome to Equestria Dr. Realis - IRISHWULFHOUND



I am a man that is very hard to surprise. but a world full of ponies is where i draw the line.

  • ...
1
 9
 844

Chapter 2

A week passed before there was another slow knock on the door. “Be right there, Just give me like five minutes!”

I gave the serum one last stir and placed it on the holder before taking off my gloves and goggles. I walked over and opened the door to see Fluttershy with a wheezing wolf, “Alright, let’s get her over to the scanner.”

I picked the wolf up and put her on the platform I used for scanning living things. I turned on the machine and got a scan in a few seconds, “Alright, seems like her heart is only working at 65%. Some dead tissue around the lungs is also making it harder for her to take breaths, must have inhaled something nasty.”

With the scan done I ran some tests with the computer and petted the wolf.

“Thank you, I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with her and the local vet wouldn’t let her in the building.”

“Any time, now let’s see. I can make this in a few minutes.”

I plucked a hair from the wolf and mixed several chemicals together with it. Soon I had a pink serum ready to go, “Have her drink one teaspoon of this every day until it’s gone. She’ll be good as new.”

I returned to my previous project, “Anything else?”

“Oh umm, Twilight, her family, and Princess Celestia are going to be here in an hour.”

I nodded and finished mixing, “looks like I made this just in time.”

“What is it?”

“I call it god-speed, just in case anything goes wrong.”

“What does it do?”

“Gives me the strength and speed of a demon, I call it god-speed for the irony.”

She nodded and gave some of the serum to the wolf who reacted instantly by getting up on its feet, paws, whatever. I put all my equipment away and sat next to Fluttershy and the wolf. We sat there for a few minutes before the shadow beast roared again, “Man that thing is tough, most anything else would have given up by now.”

“What are you doing to it!?”

“Oh it isn’t in any pain; I just have it tied down to a slab while I experiment on it.”

“That’s horrible!”

“Well I won’t need it for much longer, after I get what I need from it I’ll probably just kill it.”

“You can’t! It hasn’t done anything wrong!”

“Does the mouse do anything wrong when the hawk eats it? This isn’t something I’m doing out of cruelty, just self-preservation. If I let that thing loose then it’ll just hunt me and I don’t want to go head to head with that thing.”

“You could talk to it.”

I scratched my beard and looked at her, “Alright, but you’re coming with me. It is your idea after all.”

She looked surprised but nodded. I lead her to the door of my study, “Now listen, you are never to go in here without me understand?”

she nodded and followed me in, she looked slightly uncomfortable at the animal skins and trophies but walked in anyway. “Close your eyes.”

She did and I pulled the book called ‘secret rooms for dummies’ towards me making the bookshelf slide back and over.

“Alright follow me."

I led her down to the dungeon like room that I had the beast in and woke it up, “Well shadow beast, my friend here wants me to talk to you. Can you speak English?”

its voice was cold and raspy as it glared at me, “Yes, and you will pay for imprisoning me.”

“Yes well, would you accept an apology?”

it blinked at me a couple of times before took a breath and burst out laughing, “BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That’s funny human, alright apology accepted.”

I nodded and hit the heal button on the life support closing all the openings I had made and undid the straps holding him. As soon as he was free he grabbed me by the throat and slammed me into the wall. “I was expecting that.”

He was a good two feet taller than me giving me the room I needed to raise my legs and kick him in the gut, “Allow me to introduce myself, I am Dr. Jax Realis, God of science!”

“Jax, I know that name, I am Nightmare.”

In a flash he had armor on with blades on either arm. He rushed forward and slashed furiously at me. I dodged every one like it was dodge ball and snapped one of the blades off, “God-speed my friend.”

I shoved the blade into the gut of his shadowy form making him cough a couple of times and keel over. “Oh stop with the theatrics, I know you aren’t dead.”

He pushed himself up and removed the blade from his stomach, “I'll be back mortal.”

he dissipated into the shadows leaving Fluttershy and I standing there, “Well I got what I needed so no harm done. Come on, I think the group will be getting here soon."

Sure enough after ten minutes there was a knock I opened the door and saw a regal looking alicorn, “Celestia I presume?”

the alicorn nodded and turned back to the group, “You have already met my prize student and the captain of my royal guard. These are their parents, Twilight Velvet and Moonception.”

They two unicorns gaped at me before jumping on me, “We thought we would never see you again!”

even Celestia’s mouth dropped at this spectacle.

“What? I’m pretty sure I would remember meeting a couple of unicorns.”

“Oh Jax sweetie, it’s us, mom and dad!”

enter brain fart, “Who in the what on the where now?”

I had never been so confused in my life; my decapitated parents were a unicorn couple on another cartoony world?

“Ok hold up, assuming all of this is true, why would I care?”

“Because we’re your parents.”

“Your point?”

“Don’t you love us?”

“No, no fault of yours but I had the part of the brain responsible for love destroyed a decade ago.”

“Oh dear, why would you do that honey? You’re going to miss out on so much.”

“Ya, so much pain and annoyance. Love is just another word for delayed pain. The ones you love die, leaving you alone at the age of six with absolutely nothing. No home, no family, no food or water, just nothing.”

“I’m sorry sweetie but we didn’t have a choice.”

“No choice? NO CHOICE!? IT WASN’T A MATTER OF CHOICE! IT WAS A MATTER OF LOGIC! YOU KNEW THERE WAS A MURDERER THERE BUT YOU STILL WENT SAYING THAT IT WOULD BE A FUN BIRTHDAY! JUST A LITTLE TRIP THAT WOULD END WITH BIRTHDAY CAKE!”

I was fuming as I almost threw them off of me, “You may be my parents, but I’m not your son.”

Velvet started crying into Moonception saying that she was a horrible mother while Twilight and Shining did their best to comfort them. “And what do you want from me Celestia?”

venom laced every one of my words. She cleared her throat, “I wanted to make sure that you weren’t a threat to my little ponies, but I see you are going through some family issues right now.”

I sighed and invited the group in, “I’m not sure I would call it family issues, more like repressed memories.”

“Oh? Like what?”

“Watching both of my parents be cut apart piece by piece for one, living at the college of science for five years, and being shoved in this place ever since.”

“Why were you put here?”

“I was too mentally unstable; I could have very easily thrown the world into world war five. Which I did do later on.”

Velvet’s cries were renewed at that point making me groan, “I’ll be right back.”

I came back with a golden liquid, “Drink this.”

She sniffled, “What is it?”

“Just drink it.”

She tenderly took the vial and drank the contents, “Wow, I feel better.”

“I’m not the god of science for nothing Velvet.”

I opened my cabinet and brought out the strong stuff, “So who’s up for getting drunk?”



Note to self, ponies are lightweights. Celestia had managed to keep her footing, hoofing? Either way she was still standing while the rest of them were knocked out on the floor, “So, it seems that you can take a drink.”

“Yesh, I’m very old, I drank a lot when I wush younger. I’m so old, why did I have to get so old!?”

I nodded and stood up, “Time for bed.”

“But I’m not tired!”

“Wait for it.”

“Wut?”

she fell over on the ground passed out as I got them all into the spare rooms, I had to give Celestia my king size and take the couch but my alarm clock would give me all the revenge I needed. I slept rather soundly and woke up to a piercing shriek. Everyone rushed to my room save for me who trudged over in my boxers, “That’s for taking my bed.”

I turned off the alarm and shook my head, hangovers suck. Celestia groaned and rubbed her head, “What happened last night?”

I shrugged and popped my back, “Well from what I understand you all got drunk off your asses and passed out, around three in the morning Twilight stumbled into your room and assuming you make the same noises as humans you both engaged in coitus. After about three hours Twilight left and after that I have no clue.”

Every face in the room was burning red as I put on some pants, “Bazinga.”

I started laughing at them as I put on a lab coat, “You should see the look on your faces! It’s like you just walked in on your parents doing it!”

I left the room and walked into the lab, after about five minutes Twilight rushed in, “That was a joke right!?”

I chuckled before I nodded.

“Why!?”

“I take my entertainment where I can get it, that’s what she gets for taking my bed.”

“What about me!?”

“You chugged my wine.”

I could see her twitching for a moment before slumping onto the ground, “Never, do that, again.”

I shrugged before I walked into the tech lab. I grabbed the controller for the giant hands and set to work, after an hour I had barely made a dent in my project.

“What are you doing?”

I looked over to see Celestia, “Not sure yet, all I know is that it’s going to be powerful.”

“And how do you know that?”

“It’s going to be connected directly to my spirit energy.”

“Spirit energy?”

“Well, in layman’s terms it’s magika. The soul or whatever gives us consciousness. It is responsible for all emotion and feeling.”

“Magic.”

“Not exactly, but I suppose magic is as good an explanation as any.”

I heard her walk away and go through the door; I guess the Sparkle family was staying a while longer. Time had no meaning as I worked on whatever I was working on; it was my passion and my talent. I could work for days and only suppose an hour had passed. Eventually though Twilight came to fetch me, “Umm, my parents want to talk to you.”

“One second, just need to run a quick test. You might want to get behind the blast shield, right over there.”

I pointed to the shield which Twilight quickly got behind. I opened the containment cylinder and stepped inside. I touched the floating material that I had been working on and brought emotion to the surface, just emotion not a specific one but just a feeling. The material flashed crimson blasting me into the wall forty feet away my body covered in burns, “Interesting, still needs some work.”

I mentioned for Twilight to follow me as I closed the cylinder and trudged into the chemical lab, “Let’s see, blemishes, blah, not important, ah! Burns.”

I tenderly drank the purple liquid and felt my burns heal over quickly. I followed Twilight into the living room where they waited. “Son, your mother and I have been thinking, and we want you to come live with us. Give us a chance to make things up to you.”

I looked at them with confusion, “I’m a full grown man, I have a home and a career. Why would I move back in with my parents?”

Moonception cleared his throat, “Well technically you don’t have a career anymore, the equestrian government isn’t paying you for your work.”

“I wasn’t getting paid before; they just gave me anything I wanted. Food, money, women, all my needs were taken care of.”

“Would you at least think about it?”

“No, my work here is too important.”

“What work? Those juice vials?”

I pinched the bridge of my nose, “Follow me.”

The followed me into the chem lab and watched in horror as I chopped my arm off yet again with the machete that was in there, “Now watch this.”

I drank the serum and my new arm shot out the bloody stump that was my shoulder, “That was one of the basics, I can literally turn water into wine, walk on water, I can even turn a hunk of coal into pure gold! And this isn’t even scratching the surface; I grew up at the College of science!”

I had never been this angry in my life; they were calling my work worthless! I could feel a blood vessel pop in my eye as I glared at them.

“Y-your eye.”

“What about it?”

“It’s crimson!”

“Point?”

“You broke a blood vessel!”

“I know, I could feel it. And you know what? I can fix it!”

I rushed through my serums and sipped one that said bloodstream mixture. It rushed through my body healing anything that was broken torn or popped. I looked back at them and growled, “If you ever insult my life’s work again then you will see just how ‘worthless’ these ‘juices’ are!”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know!”

Velvet started crying again making Twilight and Shining rush in. if ponies could shoot daggers from their eyes I would’ve been impaled with some broadswords as twilight glared at me, “How dare you make my mother cry!”

“News flash kid, she’s my mother as well!”

“Then you should be respectful!” I stood straight up and walked back into my tech lab.

“You can’t just walk away from this!”

“Watch me Sparkle.”

“Get back here and apologize to mother!”

“Why?”

“Because she’s sorry and you should be too!”

“Why?”

“You made your own mother cry!”

“Assuming that I believe she’s my mother.”

“Why wouldn’t you!?”

“Because if she was my mother then she would have acted like it!”

“What are you talking about!?”

“Both of you stop this right now!” Velvet screamed at the top of her lungs.

“That’s what I’m talking about. My mother was a very stern person.”

“Twilight sweetie can you leave us alone?”

Twilight all but ran out of the room as Velvet trotted up to me, “Now listen here young man, you are not a child anymore and I realize that. But that does not give you the right to disrespect me!”

“I respect those who have earned it.”

“I gave birth to you!”

“I am well aware of that, I am twenty six years old woman.”

“How did you become such a narcissist? You were such a sweet boy.”

“How would you react? Six years old and I had to watch my parents scream in agony as they were ripped limb from limb. It may surprise you that I do have emotions and memories! The only people I had ever loved, died in front of my eyes!”

she opened her mouth but no sound came out she sat down before slowly talking, “I’m sorry. I was only thinking about how sad I was losing my son. But you lost both of your parents; I wouldn’t even begin to guess how you coped.”

“Science, I threw myself into it. Something about making something new and amazing let me forget about everything else.”

We sat there in silence for at least an hour before I started laughing. “What’s so funny?”

“You’re my mom right?”

“Yes…”

“That means I have unicorns for a brother and sister!”

I started rolling on my back gasping for air as Velvet started laughing, “I suppose it’s a bit funny. I never thought it would happen at least.”

I finally calmed down and stood up, “Well then, what now?”

“Our offer still stands sweetie.”

I shook my head, “No thanks, I’ve been meaning to ask but what are those tattoos on every horse ass I see?”

“Oh cutie marks, they magically appear when a pony finds their special talent.”

I slowly nodded and went into the living room where everyone was chatting, “Well then, who wants to see my greatest achievement?”

they slowly nodded and followed me outside and around the back. I got to the cellar door and opened it leading them down about a mile underground, I used one of my canines to cut my thumb and placed it on a scanner. It scanned and healed my thumb before opening up to a fortress forty miles in every direction that held thousands of rooms each with a specific purpose. “This is my life’s work, every spare second for fifteen years were spent on making and improving this fortress.”

“This is amazing; it could hold the entire Equestrian army.” Shining was in complete shock.

“Really? Tiny army. Oh watch this, this is good.”

I took a deep breath and yelled a command, “Scourge, come here!”

there was a bang as a perfect robotic copy of me fell from its holdings on the ceiling and landed a few feet away, “Ready to receive orders master.”

I could hear the fans in his body whirring as he stood. “Relax, restrictions lifted. Activate human parameters. Mom, dad, Twilight, Shining, meet my personal bodyguard. Scourge, these creatures are now on family protocol.”

“Ponies?”

“It gets weirder, trust me.”

He just shrugged and looked at them, “Sir, I’m picking up some massive residual energy off of them.”

“That actually explains a lot, this should be interesting. Anyway you are on vacation.” “

Finally!” I smiled and watched him run up out of the fortress, “Anyway I suggest we get out of here before the detox starts.”

“Detox?”

“Yes Twilight, detox. If we’re caught in it you will probably die, so we leave, now.” We quickly got out of there and sat in the yard.

“Remember sitting in the yard and looking the clouds?” Moonception had a smile on as he closed his eyes.

“Vaguely, though I can’t say that I really care anymore.”

“Then how about this, the weather doesn’t act on its own. The pegasi control the weather.”

“Really, I’m going to have to look into that.”

“You’ve changed so much in twenty years.”

“Yes, yes I have. I can’t say I know what to do now.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well to be honest I had nothing before, only the illusion that I did. Now, even I’m not sure what is an illusion and what isn’t. What if that explosion just knocked me unconscious and this entire world is just part of my imagination?”

“Well then you have one hell of an imagination son.”

“True story?”

“True story.”



While my parents and Shining had to get back to Canterlot Twilight made sure to visit every other day and sometimes even brought her friends along. “C’mon! Just try it.”

“I’m sorry Applejack but no.”

“Why not!?”

“Because I don’t like apples.”

“Nopony can resist a sweet apple acres apple.”

“Watch me.”

We were in the tech lab and Applejack refused to take no for an answer, “If you just try it then I’m sure you’ll love it!”

“No, I said what I meant and I meant what I said, a human is stubborn 100%”

“Well so am I!”

I sighed and looked at her through my goggles, “Applejack, don’t make me get the hot dogs.”

I could see her turn green at the mention of what she thought was the nastiest thing ever invented, “f-fine, but just think about it won’t ya?”

I turned back to my work and shook my head, “Don’t count on it.”

She left the lab just as I began to run another test, “alright, this probably won’t explode.”

I flipped a switch and watched as the glowing material was shot with a stream of purple energy. Now the blue, green, black, white, and finally red. In a blinding flash a set of clothes floated to the floor in the cylinder. They were completely white save for a pitch black sash, reminded me of Dragon Ball Z clothes that Goku wore in those old games. I jumped up and down like a kid, “YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!! I AM AWESOME!!!!”

I was doing a victory dance as Twilight walked in, “What’s got you so happy?”

“I have created clothes made of pure energy!!!”

“And that’s a good thing?”

“I’ll show you!”

I grabbed the clothes and changed while running outside, as soon as I was changed I let the clothes suck my exited energy out of my body and I jumped off of the ground but didn’t come back down, “How do you like them apples!?”

I just kept on moving forward until I had cleared the forest and was rushing towards a little town. It required no physical strength so as long as I had emotions I could keep going. I felt exhilarated as I passed through a cloud catching a hitchhiker by accident, “Well hello, having a good nap?”

“This is a dream?”

“Think about it Dash, do I have wings?”

“Good point, snazzy clothes.”

“Thanks, made them myself.”

"Of course you did, you can do everything.”

“Do I detect some jealousy?”

“You’re all Twilight talks about anymore! Its Jax this and Jax that, never hi Rainbow is that a new saddlebag, or hi rainbow I want to talk to you about your stunts! You’re all she writes to the princess about anymore!”

“Well I’m sorry I’ve enthralled my sister as such but I really don’t have any control over her.”

“Wait, sister!?”

“Ask her later, it’ll be funny watching her ask you how you knew.”

“But this is a dream.”

“You’ll find that dreams are just a reality that hasn’t come to pass.”

“Like joining the Wonderbolts?”

“Yes, I think I can help you with that, they’re a flight group correct?”

“Ya, the best!”

“Well just like anyone else they respond to familiarity, they enjoy seeing things that they enjoy more than once. You can get in by finding what each one enjoys the most.”

“Soarin loves apple pies.”

“Then get access to the best apple pies you can find. No doubt he will associate you with them.”

“Spitfire likes scary movies.”

“Ask Pinkie for cupcakes, she’ll know what it means if you lead with scary movies.”

“Okay? Rapidfire likes drinking.”

“Easy, I can make any type of alcohol.”

“Fleetfoot likes to read comic books.”

"I have all the marvel comics to date.”

“Marvel?”

“Don’t ask don’t tell.”

“Okay then, how about a race?”

“It’s your dream.”

“Readysetgo!”

She blasted off of my back towards a cloud castle making me follow her closely. I rushed up next to her, “It’s good that you have confidence but some humility will do you good.”

Before she could respond I forced her wings closed and shot forward to the castle making it there before she even righted herself, “That was cheating!” “Then how about we set actual rules?” I gave her the most condescending smirk I could. “You had something in mind?”

“Well from what Twilight tells me you can do something called a sonic rainboom.”

“Hecks ya man!”

“Ok, from here to my home. But here’s the catch I’ll give you enough time to do the sonic rainboom but we have to go through the forest around it, not over it.”

“Alright, but no folding my wings shut!”

“Repetition is boring my dear, so are you going to start or what? I’m waiting.”

She flew high up and literally flew as fast as she could, straight down. There was a rainbow explosion and she did a 90 degree turn past me. I used all the emotion I had to even match her speed giving her a generous lead. This was impossible, I had poured my heart and soul into every fiber of this suit, my intelligence was being shot in the heart by a magic pony! Anger, pure unrestrained anger. I felt my blood boil and heard another explosion, only this time it came from me. I felt power radiate from both me and my clothes as we reached the forest heads to head. She weaved and bobbed around the trees while I just went right through them. Smashing through the trees gave me just enough of a lead to win as I felt the last of my emotion drain and I hit the ground, well not so much hit as skipped on the top into a ten foot thick steel wall. Put a dent in it.

“Are you ok!?” Twilight rushed to my side to look me over.

“Note to self, walls hurt.”

I was peeled myself off of the wall and was able to stand up before Dash glomped onto me, “That was so awesome!”

it took me a minute to blink one eye then the other and finally both at the same time, “Thanks, please don’t let me do that again.”

“Are you ok?”

“Dunno, I’m only human. I can get hurt and die.”

“Do you need to sit down?”

it took a moment for me to fall on my rear, “Twilight, get the vial marked for emergencies only.”

“O-okay!” Twilight rushed into the building and came out with a pitch black liquid.

“Thanks. Scourge!”

“Yes master?” he popped out of the forest and jogged up to me.

“I’m taking the emergency serum, be on high alert and don’t let anyone in. shut down everything except the life support.”

“Yes sir.”

I swallowed the sticky liquid and started to spaz out. My body flailed about uncontrollably until I eventually passed out.