• Published 6th Nov 2017
  • 1,629 Views, 14 Comments

Hello Grandson - Creativa-Artly01



After his return from Limbo, Flash Magnus goes to reunite with his grandson Flash Sentry.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,629

Chapter 5-Flash Magnus Takes Flash Sentry to His Grandmother, Gloria's Grave

One night after dinner, Flash Magnus takes Flash Sentry with him to his deceased wife's grave. "Flash Sentry, pal, this is where your 20x great-grandmother, Gloria is buried. She died from a stroke ten years before I went into Limbo," says Flash Magnus.

"Wow," replies Flash Sentry. "Well, thanks for showing me her grave. It's always cool to learn more about my family lineage."

Flash Magnus then sits down and Sentry sits down beside him and Magnus begins to tell him everything about his 20x great-grandmother. "Your 20x great-grandmother, Gloria, she was an amazing pony with an amazing voice. She was a singer. She was a famous singer. One day while we were on release from the flight squadron, I went to the bar and there she was, just standing there singing. I fell head over hooves for her right then and there. After her performance, I went up and we began to talk."

"Hey handsome," said Gloria to me.

"Hi, you have a nice voice," I replied rubbing my neck nervously.

"Why so nervous?" she then asks.

"I'm not nervous. You're just so beautiful," I reply.

"Well, thank you," she replies with a smile.

"Do you, do you wanna go out for a drink with me?" I ask.

"Sure, but first let me change," she responds. "She then goes backstage, changes, then comes down and joins me and we head off to the nice restaurant up the street. Once we were at the restaurant, we began to talk some more. How long have you been singing?" I ask her.

"Going on fifteen years," she replies.

"That's cool, you're really good at it," I respond. "She then smiles at me and thanks me."

"What do you do for a living?" she then asks me.

"I am on the Royal Flying Squadron," I reply. "A few minutes later, the waiter comes over to us and takes our order. We order a bottle of red wine, she ordered a salad, and I got a nice big, hay steak with a honey glaze and freshly roasted carrots and mini potatoes."

"How long after that did you two tie the knot?" asks Flash Sentry.

"About five years after that, she then settled down and we started a family, but she still sang on the side," Flash Magnus responds. "We were happy. She supported me and wrote me all the time I was in the Squadron."

"That's sweet," Flash Sentry responds.

"Yeah, your 20x great-grandma was the sweetest mare in the world," Flash Magnus says with a smile as he puts a bunch of marigolds on her grave. "Marigolds were her favorite flower."

A few minutes later, the moon finally rises all the way into the sky and the two fly off towards home, as they fly, they continue to talk. Flash Sentry is glad to finally know more about his ancestors because up until now, the only one he ever knew about was Flash Magnus and not even through true stories but just through night tales his father used to tell him all the time as a colt. Now he's hearing them first hoof from Magnus himself and for that, he couldn't be more grateful.