• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 1,786 Views, 66 Comments

Letters to Sunset - SurprisePinkiePinkiePie



A recursive AU fic of SciTwi Shimmer Book 2, the HuMane 5 and Twilight write letters to Sunset.

  • ...
6
 66
 1,786

Fluttershy 2

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

I...I'm so sorry.

They read out your suicide note the other day. I can't believe you really signed it in blood. Was it your blood? I suppose it must have been. I...I can't imagine being so upset that I felt the need to turn my emotional pain physical, let alone use my own blood for something like that...

I can't believe we were so mean to you. I should have spoken up, Sunset, I'm sorry! Every single day I woke up, and told myself that today would be the day, that I would ask you if they were treating you differently or if it was just me. But I kept chickening out at the last moment.

When I was in middle school, I was too shy to make any friends so I was sitting on my own. A boy came and sat next to me to make sure I was okay, and he was my best friend for ages. When I asked him about why he sat with me, he told me that his favourite youtuber once mentioned a story about how someone decided not to commit suicide because the youtuber had pleasant conversations with him before choir practice.

The boy had sat next to me because he knew little things like that could be the only thing stopping people from killing themselves, and he decided that just in case I was suicidal, he didn't want me to be alone. I can't stop thinking...If I had talked to the others, would that have been the one little thing that stopped you from doing it?

Your friend,

Fluttershy

Author's Note:

The story about the person not killing themselves because of pleasant conversations before choir practice was based on a story my favourite youtuber once briefly mentioned when he was talking about the butterfly effect. If anyone can guess who the youtuber is I'll be very impressed