• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 21,555 Views, 2,870 Comments

Humans Assemble! - Mistershield



When Equestria is in need of Heroes, only the Avengers will do. But they are stuck with this group. Now with a mini character guide.

  • ...
71
 2,870
 21,555

PreviousChapters Next
Showtime!

Chapter 86- Showtime.



“This...” Vegeta turned his head to the sides, eyes furrowed a bit. At the moment, the saiyan prince stood on the mountain side- in front of a funeral pyre. The smell was barely there, though the scent was all too familiar for him. Someone or something had been set aflame, more than one body as well. Although Vegeta was not sure for the reason. Either punishment, a funeral, or to prevent a disease from spreading. The fact that not a single ‘Diamond Dog’ greeted him though, placed the prince on high alert.

King Bob, as the saiyan decided to nickname him, finally received a note from this Dr. Otacon. Lex and Exuvia were left behind to decode the letter, as it was a bit odd as how it was written. Either Otacon wanted them to kidnapped Twilight, or Twilight kidnapped him.

“Vegeta!”

“What is it?” Vegeta asked, turning to look at the changeling coming from the cave. Now was not the time to waste with theories or ideas.

“There’s no sign of Dr. Otacon, and there is no sign of any Diamond Dogs,” Spy Beta reported. Vegeta raised both eyebrows, noting the concern Beta had for his missing comrade.

“If you don’t calm down right now, I am going to throw you into the sun,” Vegeta said as his voiced got more and more agitated. The changeling stopped looking around to look back at him and gulped. “There. Think! Did you see anything? Smell anything off?”

Beta turned his head to the left side, raising his eyebrows. “I’m not sure. I saw signs of a campment, bu-”

Vegeta moved both arms to the changeling, lifting him up to the air to fly up. “Listen up, changeling. Tell me everything you saw. I’d go myself, but I’ve never met a Diamond Dog or know how they live. I would never know what to look for.“ A scowl formed on the saiyan prince’s face. “So tell me what I want to know, or I will keep flying until the lack of oxygen kills you.”

“Um ah,” Beta looked around, seeing the sky rapidly approaching. “Well, there was signs of sleeping arrangements, those that did not match with the dogs.”

Vegeta stopped flying, moving the changeling so he can look face to face. “Continue.” At the same time, they begun to float back down to the ground.

“I didn’t mention it, because I thought it may have been Otacon’s. But-” Beta stopped there, seeing himself put back on the ground. “Thank you-”

“Spare me your pleasantries and report!” Vegeta shouted, moving back higher.

“The... The... There was sign of a fire inside. Lots of scorched black marks in one place,” Beta cowered beneath Vegeta’s gaze. “I found a discarded cloak too.”

“Why is that strange?” Vegeta asked, wondering what the black scorch marks could mean.

“We never gave Dr. Otacon a cloak or blanket. And the Diamond Dogs don't use blankets or cloaks. They sleep together to keep warm as a pack...”

“Pack mentality,” Vegeta nodded once. That made sense.

“Also, I saw some strange papers now that I think on it. And that trail...” Beta looked down at the the wheel marks left on the ground. They were easier to spot now that they were in the sky. “We sent no wagon or cart with Otacon. And the Diamond Dogs may own a wagon to transport things, but the direction where it is going...”

“Now that you mention it.” Vegeta scanned the area from this high up. Why would they have a wagon, when they used rails leading outside the mountain? It made little sense to have a wagon at this entrance, when one closer to the rails outside made it easier to carry things back and forth. He turned to look at the cave, following the trail of where it lead to. Both of his eyebrows raised up, as the path seemed to lead towards a pony town. Was his earlier suspicion correct? “Let’s go back. We need to look at that letter more, and I think Sombra will want to know about this Otacon.”

__________________________________

Meanwhile, in the Everfree Forest

“Well Sora, now what?” Gilda asked. The two walked out of the ruined castle, with Sora placing the note in his journal. How he wished Jiminy was here, it always always good to have sage advice. The young man took a second to take a deep breath.

“I meant what I said,” Sora smiled, turning to face Gilda. “I’m not a bad guy, and I do intend to help. But we do it my way.” The teen relaxed his smile though, narrowing his eyes. “But that was a long story. I get the feeling there is more to it.”

“Like the missing humans?” Gilda asked. She frowned after a moment. According to the story, the changelings and equestrians were in a truce. So the bad guys couldn’t have taken the humans. And the humans did not leave by their own accord. Sora and the griffon turned to look at Samus’ ship, still on standby. “I need to send a letter to my team too.”

“Yeah. We need clues, so let’s head to Ponyville. Think this one is going to take a while.”

“If it gets me straight with Rainbow, I think I can spare some time.” Gilda smiled a bit, hoping the others in Appleloosa would not be reporting her in to the supervisors. “But what do you mean by, your way?”

“Well in the past, I made friends with all the other worlds I’ve been too...” Sora begun, turning face Gilda as he got back on her back. “I had no idea or why, but thanks to their help- I saved their worlds and relationships. I had great adventures, and dangerous threats.” As they took to the air, he placed his hand over his heart and smiled. “And I carry their memories with me. All the time.”

“Get to the point doofus...” Gilda replied, now getting bored at all this friendship talk.

“But sometimes, I would get nosy and make some things worse than they needed to be...” Sora confessed, bringing his left hand to the back of his head. “I’ve been tricked and mislead before. I even missed my chance to graduate and become a Keyblade Master.”

“Ah. So you want to get all sides for once before deciding anything?” Gilda smirked. “Sounds like you are trying to grow up.”

“Trying?” Sora blushed a bit, giving up at trying to sound more mature. “I’m not really trying to grow up. But I realize now, that not all worlds are black and white. Not all things have a simple answer.” The keyblade wielder moved his left hand out to make another blade, the Pumpkinhead. Halloween town in particular, was always a town so dark, so gloomy, so scary, but it was filled with dreams, goals, laughter, community, and smiles also. One of the few places where not everything was as it seems. “And I don’t know who has the right answers.”

Gilda stayed quiet and flew ahead, also wondering that now.

_________________________________

Over in Canterlot

Applejack. Orange cowpony and farmer. Now a dignitary sitting in the middle of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. She felt out of place, waiting for events to unfold. The last to arrive in Canterlot were the Queen, Sombra, and her entourage. The others were already seated, but all stood as the newcomers arrived. The meeting place was one of the gardens, not too far away from the rear of the Castle. The weather was pleasant at least. True to Celestia’s word, there was no other guards save for the escort she was allowed. Shadow Cloud escorted them to their seats.

In reality, AJ was more worried about the newest human. While he didn’t seem evil, he was teamed up with Gilda. Last she heard, Gilda was a no good two timin’ snake hole in the ground. And he had also denied helping Equestria, and was more concerned with the humans. Was Sora going to join the bad guys?

On the southern side, there was a few delegates from other nations, including a teen drake in red, a dark winged griffin wearing an officer’s hat, and a few others AJ was not sure she had met before. It had made a lot more sense for Twilight to be here, and she felt out place. In the center, Roger Smith raised both hands to straighten out his tie. According to the farce, he already met with his clients, so a bit of acting was required. Mostly, act like it was not their first time meeting. Still, it took all of his nerve not to react with some hesitation.

Next to him, stood Miles Edgeworth. Dressed in purple suit, he took a moment to break his stoic face and observe the changelings for the first time. Much like ponies, yet at the same time, a cruel and twisted nightmare. Master Xehanort, for his part, bowed his head in greetings to the two men and wasted no time to walk up to them with a smile. Sombra blinked twice, noting something was off with his negotiator. Still, Discord’s fake inhibitor did interfere with his dark magic, so he attributed the changes to the chimera. Applejack met him once, when they got Phoenix back. Even though they were enemies, the humans were treating each other with nothing but respect and being all cordial like.

“Roger Smith, I take it they have treated you with civility?” Sombra asked, coming next to Xehanort. While he was speaking, Queen Chrysalis exchanged pleasantries with the princesses. It was entertaining, watching them try not to crack away their professionalism. Luna looked ready to break at any moment. The cowpony kept quiet, noting the smug look on Chrysalis, who didn’t even bother looking in her direction.

“They have King- eh, Lord Sombra,” Roger quickly corrected himself. His own profession courtesy kicked in, and he went straight into business mode. “Master Xehanort, I am glad you were chosen to come.”

“It is all to your recommendation, Mr. Negotiator,” The old wizard smiled. “I look forward to what happens next. I assume this fellow is the chosen delegate for the humans? He was not mentioned before...”

“Excuse me sir, I did mean to introduce myself to everyone. I am Miles Edgeworth, and indeed the litigator for the humans in this settlement.” Miles bowed his head to Xehanort. True, working for the “evil” side, he still had respect for the old man. “I will not however, be a combatant or in any way here to serve in the capacity to assist either side.”

“Good uh... er... man.” Sombra grinned. Miles struck him as someone very much like Roger Smith. The dark unicorn smiled as Xehanort nodded at the proper term used. “When this is all over, I will make sure they pay if they hurt my mediator.”

“If these introductions are over!”

Every creature and person turned to look at the griffon that spoke out. “Can we begin? I know this is important, but I am not here to catch up.”

“Not to mention, we are not here for our benefit,” Garble the dragon joined in. A smirk crossed his lips, since the younger dragons already had an ace up their sleeve.

“Very well. If we can all sit down, we can begin with this affair,” Smith spoke out. He moved to the center of the group, and placed both hands behind his back. “This all started with grievances on both sides...”

__________________________________

Back at Ponyville

Gilda and Sora landed on the ground, looking around. The town was so quiet, and yet Sweet Apple Acres was so crowded and loud. With a hop, the teen looked around and crossed both arms on his chest. “You would think not all of them went to the concert...” He mumbled in a low tone. Looking left and right, even the stores were closed. He could’ve sworn this was the marketplace he saw earlier.

“Why are we not at the concert?” Gilda scowled a bit, a bit tired by now.

“I’m guessing trying to find the right pony to ask for, and it’s too loud to get a proper interview down.”

“Makes sense. They are going to see Sapphire Shores. She almost never does small town venues,” Gilda answered, spotting something out of the corner of her eyes. “Hey, look over there.” They both turned their heads to look over at Rarity, who had just come out of her boutique to rush and carry some dresses on a wheeled rack.

“Quick, let’s talk to her.” Sora jumped out and glided with gilda, as Rarity was almost moving at a fast pace. “Miss?!”

“Oh I am sorry, but-” Rarity immediately froze, turning to look at the spiky haired boy. Another one? But his fashion sense... it was so... so... so... fabulous! “Who does your wardrobe?”

“My what?” Sora landed on in legs, both eyebrows raised at her. “Uh, three fairies...”

“Don’t ask,” Gilda added, landing next to the lad. “Can we talk? I assume you got a human with you, since RD has one...”

“So I know you?” Rarity raised her left eyebrow and leaned into to inspect Gilda. “I feel I should know you.”

“Look, we need to talk about the mission and the humans,” Sora cut in, already weirded out enough by the look of this pony. This was nothing like his dream eaters. She looked so... haughty. Wait, how did he know that word? He shook his head to the sides. “They are missing.”

“Missing humans?!” The unicorn immediately turned to look at Sora and pounced him. “Tell me everything! Where is my Nathan!?”

Gilda immediately released a sweatdrop as Sora was on the ground, bewildered enough.

_________________________________


“Now, who do you love?!” Sapphire Shores shouted. At once, the ponies stood up and cheered for her. Thanks to her music and her dancing, the grievances and attacks from the last few days were all but forgotten. The Pony Tones (with a substitute for Rarity, Junebug) opened up for her, and Big Mac made the mares swoon. And not only that, the large red stallion had also come out on the stage to once again be one of her background dancers. (See the MLP comics). She now had them eating out of her hand, and they had all more or less in a great mood.

Even with Rarity late with her next set of clothes, the show must go on. It was now or never, and she could only butter up the crowd this much. And it was time for the grand finale.

“Alright there everypony!” The super star pony took a second to silence the crowd. “You know that I always bring something new to surprise!” She took a moment to nod as cheers went up, and the pony threw off her stage ensemble of gems and jewels, and left her in just a simple light green dress. Nothing to accessorize, nothing fancy, not even fancy lights. A simple red ribbon closed the dress at her waist. As the crowd went silent, she stepped to the side and all the lights of the show went dead. Diamond Dogs moved the stage light, making a gray curtain cover up a piano and a figure behind it, illuminated only in a yellow light behind the curtain.

“And tonight, let me introduce you to a new comer... Take it away.” She took a bow and left stage right, leaving the ponies interested on the curtain and the mysterious newcomer.

Suddenly, the first sounds of the song started.

On the right side of the stage, Octavia came out with her instrument and plucked a few notes, with a slight hit on a drum for rhythm. On the left side, lights turned on as Vinyl smiled at the crowd, headphones on as she had her left hoof out to move a few panels and add her own touch to the music.

Almost after the first few notes, the sounds of more instruments added to the song. There was a small symphony of traditional instrumental music joining in with guitar and drums of a rock band. The curtain fell, and a human was seen singing the few lyrics. N, also known as Natural Harmonia Gropius, had a smile on his face to face the crowd.

The ponies were conflicted as to how to react to this. Octavia, a beloved and sophisticated entertainer, had her eyes closed as she played with the symphony. On the other side, DJ Pon3, was nodding as she rocked out with the combination of music worked really well with each other. But what really struggled with them, was the green hair human singing such powerful melody.

Then, N stopped singing as lights illuminated the rest of the stage. As the music stilled played, Soma on a white guitar was reveal. Silent Bob was on drums, bobbing his head up and down as he played the drums and percussion. The back of the stage was shown to show the Ponyville symphony, with their eyes closed.

And then Jay came out on stage with a mike, and started rapping. He hopped up and down as he face the ponies, the music calming down to let him stand out. After a few verses, the human started to sing together, letting N sing the main lyrics. Close to the end, Soma got to play a solo, leading only to N’s singing with quiet. Just when the ponies thought the song was over, the stage lit up as everyone sang the chorus one last time.

Just as the song started, so did it end. A few plucked notes from Octavia, the lights turning off. Fluttershy immediately jumped up and down, cheering her heart out like she did for Rainbow Dash. The ponies also started to cheer. Just like the Doctor earlier had implied. A song was what was needed to sway ponies. The humans, Sapphire, and the Pony Tones came out to take a bow.

“Listen everypony,” Sapphire stood out from the others, smiling at the crowd. “I know humans are not all that sweet and innocent.” The humans turned to face her, but kept quiet. “But look at them. Heck, even the Diamond Dogs help with the stage- and they are also meat eaters. We all put on this show with ponies.” Octavia and Vinyl stepped up and bowed, grins on their faces. Well, Octavia tried to keep it small.

“But we are still the good guys,” Soma stepped out. It was his turn now. Dan earned their fear. Phoenix earned their respect. Dovahkiin earned their trust, thanks for him staying with Team Ponyville. Nathan earned their respect, as being the first human to save Twilight. They had all used their powers, true. But this time, it was the youngest with a brand to speak.

“But-”

“Hey hey- I get it,” Soma quickly interrupted. The (10th) Doctor made sure to give the youngest some tips. One, don’t let them control the flow. Let them ask when it was over. “We look scary. We can be monsters.” He then took a step back to show Sapphire was nuzzling N, congratulating him on a well put on show. The spa ponies also rushed on stage, giving their partners high fives. “But do they look scared or worried?”

He was immediately knocked down as Fluttershy flew at him with a rush to the ground, in a hug no less.

“Ha!” Jay called out, pointing down at the Soma was being assaulted by nose rubs. “Listen guys,” he addressed the crowd. “We ain’t here to cause trouble, ok? We are not asking you to kiss us like those guys.”

“Help!” Soma called out as he was being dragged away. Silent Bob immediately rushed into the grab Soma. He was the one that was supposed to give this speech. The Spa ponies rushed to grab Fluttershy and pull her off. The other Mane six still in attendance turned away from the scene, as the ponies were getting confused again.

“Yeah no,” Jay frowned. “Knock it off.”

“Listen,” Soma stood up and released a sigh. As least he hoped that could break some ice. Fluttershy woke up from her stupor, and quickly hid in embarrassment behind Bob. He needed to quickly made the crowd forget that. He raised his arm up, and he made his brand of the soul reaper glow.

All at once, the ponies went silent as they stared at Soma’s cutie mark. It was a brand, but no one told them that. It was a bit scary, but the soul collector smiled. “You don’t need to trust us. You don’t need to feed us. You don’t need to pay us. You don’t even need to obey us.” With a smile, he made a fist and placed it over his heart. “You just need to accept us. Your princess trust us. Your past saviors accept us. Even your performers accept us.”

“We are not here to fight you,” N joined in, standing next to Soma. “We are here to put an end to these fights. We don’t like war, and we don’t like fighting either.” He placed a fist to his heart, just as Soma had. Jay and Silent Bob also saluted, smiling as things had calmed down. Jay turned his head to Bob, urging him to say something. Silent Bob quickly blinked twice and stood out.

“Listen, even if you want us to leave, doesn’t it make sense not to fight us, and let us do our thing? Won’t we leave once we are done? Why make us stay here more time?” Silent Bob spread both his arms out, as if spreading a truth out. “Just give us one more day, ok? This will all end in the end of the seventh day.”

A lot of ponies turned to look at each other, eyebrows raised in surprised. Murmurs rang out, as one more day didn’t seem like a bad thing to wait out. Before they could even give out an answer, a mysterious blue telephone box appeared on stage with lighting. The humans waved, just as Rarity, Gilda, and Sora were coming to the stage. The door to the tardis opened, and the human stepped inside and vanished.

______________________________

“So, have we reached a conclusion?” Edgeworth called out. “The rules of no killing is in effect. Magic will be allowed. Only one contestant per event, and each competitor will only compete once.” In his hands, he had a the final list of events.

1. The first event was a rally. In a surprise twist, it would be dragons competing for Chrysalis, with the Celestial and Lunar guard for Equestria.

2. Would be the display of might- a light show.

3. Combat, one on one.

4. A target contest.

5. And the tie breaker- tug of war.

“This will suit us fine,” Sombra called out. In the side of the changelings, dragons and griffons stood with them.

“This will be fine with us,” Luna called out. On their side, only the Buffalo joined.

“This settles the war games,” Smith called out. “The hostages shall remain the same, and at the end of the seventh day, no matter what, things will end. And as per the agreement, each side will pick which event will be first, with the Changelings forces going first.”

Proofreaded by: LyonAzakura.

Bonus:

“Smith, we got you a pony!” Discord called out.

“Why do I have to get one?” Smith asked out, not sure what to make of things. They both came to a stop in front of a dark gray mare.

“You are a louse, Roger Smith.” Maud Pie said, inspected Smith once.

“You know what,” Smith called out, both his eyes closed a bit. “That’s my pony.”


Double Bonus:

“Ok, uh...” Sombra raised both eyebrows. “We need judges just in case.”

“Good point,” Master Xehanort nodded.

“How many?” Miles asked. “But who?”

All three turned to look at the individuals sitting down at a spare table.

“You can bite my shiny metal ass.” (Bender)

“Oh you are just a treat...” (Alucard)

“Quack!” (Krillin)

Author's Note:

I'm back...

PreviousChapters Next