• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 1,228 Views, 10 Comments

Through Those Eyes - marcyfly



The ponies, surroundings, and images of the pony world through the crooked eyes of the grey mare.

  • ...
0
 10
 1,228

Visions Through Crooked Eyes

Visions Through Crooked Eyes

The room spun around me, as the painful surge began to leave my body, leaving me limp and lifeless on the floor of my kitchen. Panting and cringing, I picked myself up and began to rub the last of the pain out of my head with my foreleg. Finally, when my head felt attached to my body, I opened my eyes. Through one, I could see shattered plates and glasses scattered along my kitchen floor that were once in my hooves and all intact. Through the other, I could see Sparkler and Dinky through the window coming up to the pathway of our home. I shook my head to get into the right mind-set (and so I could see straight) and flew for the broom and dustpan.

The visions over the years had began to progress more painfully over the years, although they did begin to pop up less frequently. The images of them consisted of the the usual: blurry images of ponies trapped in cages, crying for help or beating the bars of the confinement boxes in an attempt to break free. Giant, pastel colored creatures that stood on two legs and wore cloaks of white. The creatures in white control some form of machinery that is being used against my friends and family. One by one ponies are placed one the platform of the machine, and are struck with a colorful beam of electricity followed by a cloud of smoke, then a blank space where the pony was formerly standing. Only a few times has the vision gone far enough to the point of where I am placed upon the machine, and sent away. But, never once have I seen what has come to the other side of the portal. One thing I did know is that most of the ponies seen in the visions are ponies that live here in Ponyville. Once or twice I've seen Applejack or Twilight Sparkle go through the machine. But very rarely have I seen somepony else of that importance go through the horrible machine. Other ponies like the Doctor or Carrot Top are also seen as they try to escape their undeniable fates.

I have told many ponies about the things I see, but they all laugh and think I am crazy. Nopony has ever seen me go into my state of visions, except for my mother, back when I was just a filly. She was concerned that her daughter had visions of strange porportion, but she didn't want anypony to judge her daughter for being "special" not only for her eyes and voice, but for what went on inside of her daughter that was unique. So she kept it to herself. But, alas, that was quite awhile ago, and she has passed on. I didn't take consideration as to what ponies would think of me if I told them about my visions. But, it's too late now for that. They did then what they do now. Laugh. I didn't want anybody, especially my daughters, to see me in such a condition, so I made it important to myself that they never know.

I never can tell when these visions will hit me, but I have been lucky that it has never happened in public. This vision happened to occur while putting dishes back in to the cupboards. I was almost finished sweeping the debris of plates and glass cups when Sparkler and Dinky trotted through the front door. They were shocked to see me sweeping dishes into the pan.

"MOMMY?! What in the hay happened?", Dinky cried in her little squeaky tone.

"Mom? What happened?", Sparkler repeated in a more mature manner than Dinky, rushing over to help me in my cleaning panic.

"Oh, you know me, clumsy Derpy Hooves! It's just a few dishes and glasses. Easily replaceable.", I chuckled with a forced smile as I threw away the pile of glass and porcelain into the trash bin.

"You sure you don't want me to stay home and keep you company?", asked the concerned Sparkler.

"Yeah Mommy! If I we keep you company than I won't have to go to school!", cheered Dinky with a wide smile.

"Dinky Bonnibel Hooves!", Sparkler snapped. "You are not going to stop going to school just because Mom is a little clumsy!"

"Girls, I'm fine. I've just been...", I needed to think of an excuse besides I nearly passed out. "I've been very busy lately with work and chores around the house, and I need some rest.", I paused for a breath and for a way to change the subject. "How was school Dinky?", I said lightening my mood and turing to my youngest daughter with a real smile.

"It was awesome! Granny Smith told us how Equestria was made!" Dinky replied in a happy tone, after changing her expression from a scowl because of Sparkler's reprimand.

Sparkler? Can you manage to make some dinner for you and Dinky? I've already eaten."

"Sure, get some rest. Let us know if you need anything.", Sparklers replied. "C'mon, Dinky." she said nudging her sister. "Let's let Mom have some quiet."

They trotted off towards the pantry as I flew off to my bedroom. As I opened the door to my room, I saw the most comforting sight. A messy, yet comfortable bed with my mail satchel, flowing with letters for our family, tossed atop. I plopped onto my bed as I let my wings spread over my bed and my ears droop as I let out a frustrated sigh. The wind from my breath causes my blond mane to fall in front of my nose, causing me to sneeze. I opened my eyes again to see the door to my left and my satchel behind me at the same time. I shook my head then began to drift into a well deserved and wanted slumber. The last thought before falling to sleep was how it was funny that I called them visions when they were not visions at all. I should have really started calling them memories.